Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wynter Nyx's Princess

Deathly Gatekeeper

so i make tons of different types of jewelry, recently iv taken to making bottle charms, User Image

anyways as you can see for the one bottle charm with the pink fairy in it, the heart thing broke off...
For w.e reason no where where i live carries e6000 its something iv seen time and time again as being a excelent glue and im unable to buy anything online currently so i am unable to try it. i tried expirementing with shoe goo, but it kind of left alot to be desired in terms of working with it and versatility. it sticks but id rather something that i could use to make things like my heart "container" for the fairy charm from falling off. I want my zelda charm intact D: or to use on just thing like the bottles themselves where its nice and neat. iv noticed the glue likes to eat at some things so i dont want to use it on my bottle with a cork.

Magical Girl

I won't use E6000 because of the number of warnings on the packaging. But that's a different kettle of fish altogether, however I've looked for alternatives and found something which does seem to be doing the trick!
I use Uhu glue, it looks clear on application and dries clear. The closest thing I can compare it to is the type of glue that you'd use for small models, but I've found it doesn't stink to the high heavens either. The type I use comes in a tube (pretty sure it's the all purpose glue)

Also for the corks being eaten away at, you could look at trying to seal them where you know the glue will make contact. A few coats of mod podge might work - it usually does the trick when I need to add colour to backings when working with resin otherwise the colour reacts and changes.

Wynter Nyx's Princess

Deathly Gatekeeper

Angeltear1716
I won't use E6000 because of the number of warnings on the packaging. But that's a different kettle of fish altogether, however I've looked for alternatives and found something which does seem to be doing the trick!
I use Uhu glue, it looks clear on application and dries clear. The closest thing I can compare it to is the type of glue that you'd use for small models, but I've found it doesn't stink to the high heavens either. The type I use comes in a tube (pretty sure it's the all purpose glue)

Also for the corks being eaten away at, you could look at trying to seal them where you know the glue will make contact. A few coats of mod podge might work - it usually does the trick when I need to add colour to backings when working with resin otherwise the colour reacts and changes.

not able o get mod podge on my end mad will have to expirient with other things i suppose for that bit, ill have to try looking for that glue o:

Magical Girl

If you cant get mod podge, wood glue will work just as well. It's essentially the same thing - smells the same, same properties, same consistency and most of all does the exact same job. Failing that PVA glue.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff