Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'm goign to work with my mother to make this type of a dress in midnight blue for my prom dress: click here (note, I take no credit for the art or anything, but when I saw it I just knew I needed an RL version of it)

Now for the bottom, lots of jointed pieces and petticoats, that makes sense... but I can't quite figure out how to get that wrapped, yet non-mummy look.

Anyone got any tips? I'd love you forever if you did! <3

(this is my first post in this subforum so if I did something wrong, please point it out and I'll fix it! thanks smile )
Well, I'd pick some kind of cream satin-y material, measure out a peice about as long as my underarms to my mid-thighs by three times my diameter, seam up the edges and just wind it around. Fold some pleats into it so it winds up being the same length as your torso.

Yeah, I know, that doesn't sound very profound... but I wear dresses that are long versions of that all the time. For a dress you just tie the top corners together and let the bottom hang free, but for this I might sew some pin-backs into the outside edge so you can pin the end down in a couple places without them showing. Or actually get someone to sew you in.

Good luck!
i suppose for the top half you could sew onto a kind of boob tube top inside. then you could add the pleats onto that...then at least you might be able to get in and out, especially if you put a zip in the back.

Good luck with it, it looks like a beautiful dress.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff