Welcome to Gaia! ::

So for this project I need to make a doll.
I was thinking of making a string doll like this one:
http://xxsleepiexx.deviantart.com/art/String-Doll-Tutorial-174441632
However, I need my doll to stand up on a snowboard.
Do I need to give him some extra support with some metal wiring or something?

Mystical Dreamer

13,675 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Team Rina 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
The problem is going to be the doll will be very top heavy, so you'll probably want to include an armature of some type. And unless you want to be able to remove the doll from the snowboard, I would use glue to attach it.
mystikdreamer
The problem is going to be the doll will be very top heavy, so you'll probably want to include an armature of some type. And unless you want to be able to remove the doll from the snowboard, I would use glue to attach it.
Already thought so.
I thought about making a star shaped frame made out of metal wiring so I can bend the arms and legs and they will be strong enough, and use a styrofoam ball as the basis for the head, to make it less heavy.
The board will probably be made of metal wiring and colorful tape, so I thought using pins to pin the doll to the board and then to the landscape it will be in. So it will have shoes with a nice colourful dot on it xD

Mystical Dreamer

13,675 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Team Rina 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
Pikkewyn
mystikdreamer
Already thought so.
I thought about making a star shaped frame made out of metal wiring so I can bend the arms and legs and they will be strong enough, and use a styrofoam ball as the basis for the head, to make it less heavy.
The board will probably be made of metal wiring and colorful tape, so I thought using pins to pin the doll to the board and then to the landscape it will be in. So it will have shoes with a nice colourful dot on it xD

All are great ideas smile Good luck with your doll! I hope you post pictures heart
mystikdreamer
Pikkewyn
mystikdreamer
Already thought so.

All are great ideas smile Good luck with your doll! I hope you post pictures heart
it will be for my boyfriends birthday. I will take him snowboarding, but I thought just telling him is kinda lame. So I thought ''what about making a miniature?''.
I might post pictures, but it will be this weekend or so razz

Hmm.. maybe studs instead of buttons or beads would work better for the eyes as well. As I can just pin them in the styrofoam.

Runway Icon

18,250 Points
  • Runway First Vote 50
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Vintage 200
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Fearsome 100
Pikkewyn
mystikdreamer
Pikkewyn
mystikdreamer
Already thought so.

it will be for my boyfriends birthday. I will take him snowboarding, but I thought just telling him is kinda lame. So I thought ''what about making a miniature?''.
I might post pictures, but it will be this weekend or so razz

Hmm.. maybe studs instead of buttons or beads would work better for the eyes as well. As I can just pin them in the styrofoam.
awesome ideas

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces