Welcome to Gaia! ::

Oh this is awesome :3 thank you so much!

I really can't wait to try now ^_^

Rainbow Werewolf

Not a problem! If you stumble into any trouble feel free to ask me questions.

Back on topic a bit: As to yarn from Lion Brand, I like its affordability, even more so since I don't have a job, so I'm willing to put up with ties in the middle. They are very often small and I've always had them fit on the inside of my stuffed animal, so not a problem there.
Very true, it's worth dealing with if you don't have the cash.

Rainbow Werewolf

Not to mention there is a lot of cutting and picking up new strings when you color change so it isn't like most crocheters don't have the skills to deal with a knot if really needed.
Yeah, I had to make a rainbow recently for a baby mobile, that was quite interesting with all the different colors haha

Rainbow Werewolf

I would really like to make some rainbow stuff but it isn't practical for me right now. The best I can do is make something in each color and hope people don't notice the different brands and bad shading. XP
Haha I'm sure they wont ^^ it'll be fine

Rainbow Werewolf

So long as I don't take a group picture and they realize the difference in size.

-looks around- >,< It has been a week and I swear I've already lost one of my yarn needles. A 100 times the size of a small needle and I lose them the most in such a short time.

I'm hopeing it was the couch that ate it or I won't have a clue where it is.
Haha I do that all the time. I got a yarn tote to hold everything. It came with a small thing like a pencil case to hold my needles/hooks/etc

Feral Elder

Spifficated
faolan

Just wanted to let you know I ventured out and purchased some Susan Bates hooks today. I now have F-K in the Silvalume hooks. The thing that really makes the difference for me is that these are in-line while the Boye are not. I was a passenger on the way home and had absolutely no issue crocheting and my gauge was very easy to maintain. Thank you a ton for the recommendation. I don't know that I'd have continued with crocheting if I had to use the Boye hooks. These just make it.. so much more natural. : ]

Woohoo! Isn't it funny how just that slight design difference translates to a HUGE difference in how it works? Do enjoy! ^_^

Glowstick Overdose
-looks around- >,< It has been a week and I swear I've already lost one of my yarn needles. A 100 times the size of a small needle and I lose them the most in such a short time.

That reminds me, I need to pick up another pack of them... I'm down to my last one. I figure I'll find them all, someday. Along with the rubber bands, nail clippers, writing utensils, and the gods know what else has disappeared over the years!

Rainbow Werewolf

Call: I'm horrible with how much yarn I have right now, I have a chest. The big kind that you would expect to see at the foot of a bed that holds the winter blankets.

Faolan: I am normally extremely good about knowing where my supplies are. I don't remember every really needing to buy something other then for needing/wanting more.

Romantic Seeker

Gosh, I wish I had that much yarn. I have a lot of trouble rationalizing what colors to get. There are so many pretty colors [i freakin' love Caron Simply Soft...soft and so colorful], but I can never bring myself to buy the more fun colors. I always end up with white...

Rainbow Werewolf

Mirage Mare
Gosh, I wish I had that much yarn. I have a lot of trouble rationalizing what colors to get. There are so many pretty colors [i freakin' love Caron Simply Soft...soft and so colorful], but I can never bring myself to buy the more fun colors. I always end up with white...
I like having so much yarn for small projects but I would rather be to a point where I buy what I need for what I have in mind.

I still do that but having so much already stops me from picking up that pretty blue I just happen to see....Not to mention the lack of money but that is another story.

Simply Soft is a nice one to use. I'm really getting into Sugar'n Cream for their bright colors.

Why don't you try buying one white and one color at the same time?
That's what I do. I'll get the stationary colors I need, like blacks and whites, but then I'll get specific colors for projects if I need them

Feral Elder

Mirage Mare

Someone reminded me of this a few weeks ago, but I haven't yet had time to make the trip myself... don't forget your thrift stores. It's not unusual to find yarn at them, and you'll be paying just pocket change per skein -- and it'll go to a good cause, too, which is nice. wink

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games