Welcome to Gaia! ::

What would you like to do first?

Creation Topic of the Month 0.6 60.0% [ 57 ]
Creation Exchange 0.4 40.0% [ 38 ]
Total Votes:[ 95 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 54 55 56 > >>

Plum_Faerie
That's a cool idea :0

I'm planning on making some new dolls and I want one of them to be a pirate, what should I make the other?

A parrot would rock with that. Um... or a mermaid. ^_^ Not sure how you would do that though. sweatdrop
Trillium_Fae
Plum_Faerie
That's a cool idea :0

I'm planning on making some new dolls and I want one of them to be a pirate, what should I make the other?

A parrot would rock with that. Um... or a mermaid. ^_^ Not sure how you would do that though. sweatdrop

I was thinking a sword instead of a parrot. I'm too lazy to make an animal to go with it. A mermaid.... hmmm I'll put that on my to do list. I might make some simple dolls. I REALLY want to do japanese dolls because I have a 5 different (quality/silky) prints for those.
Little Kokeshi dolls would be darling. 3nodding

Dapper Phantom

12,000 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
I would like to join this! I've been feeling rather burnt out... but I'd like to quit that. I'll start right away! >=D

7,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
This sounds like a wonderful idea! I tried to do this around Christmastime, but then work ate my life and I kinda fell out of the habit. Lately, though, I'm trying to get back to that level of productivity. Hopefully I can keep to it.

If anyone's interested, here are some things I've been working on. {x} {x}
Killer_Cactus23
This sounds like a wonderful idea! I tried to do this around Christmastime, but then work ate my life and I kinda fell out of the habit. Lately, though, I'm trying to get back to that level of productivity. Hopefully I can keep to it.

If anyone's interested, here are some things I've been working on. {x} {x}

Those are lovely biggrin
If I weren't so broke I would offer to take those off of your hands.
I love those purple earrings! blaugh
Plum_Faerie

I put your etsy shop in a widget on my blog for the week. 3nodding I hope you get some more sales!

7,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Thank you guys! If anyone's curious, here's a link to the whole album.
Awesome album. 3nodding The glass cabachons remind me of when I used to paint runes on the back of those half round marbles and sell them on ebay. ^_^
Well this is a WIP but it's all I have for today. I'm taking part in my first art show in May. So today, I've started working on a sign for my business name to hang from the table or the ceiling (it's an indoor show - inside an old 1800's textile mill). I wanted to retain the forest feel, which inspires me to create and yet add a touch of whimsy to it.

I got a piece of bass wood, penciled in my business name and then painted it with green acrylic paint. That's all I'm at so far. I went out into the woods today and harvested some fallen mountain laurel branches (small but gnarled and old looking) which I'm thinking about painting silver and attaching to the sign in the corners. 3nodding Otherwise, I might paint some celtic knotwork onto it, but I'm not too sure yet.

User Image

7,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Trillium_Fae
Well this is a WIP but it's all I have for today. I'm taking part in my first art show in May. So today, I've started working on a sign for my business name to hang from the table or the ceiling (it's an indoor show - inside an old 1800's textile mill). I wanted to retain the forest feel, which inspires me to create and yet add a touch of whimsy to it.

I got a piece of bass wood, penciled in my business name and then painted it with green acrylic paint. That's all I'm at so far. I went out into the woods today and harvested some fallen mountain laurel branches (small but gnarled and old looking) which I'm thinking about painting silver and attaching to the sign in the corners. 3nodding Otherwise, I might paint some celtic knotwork onto it, but I'm not too sure yet.

[img snip]

Were you planning on adding any stain? The lettering looks really nice, and I think silver laurel branches would look great (any silver accent, really), but as it is now, it's too clean and new. It doesn't really have that ancient forest feel. I think celtic knots would look awesome, but I might be biased, since I think celtic knots look awesome in general. biggrin
Killer_Cactus23
Trillium_Fae

[img snip]

Were you planning on adding any stain? The lettering looks really nice, and I think silver laurel branches would look great (any silver accent, really), but as it is now, it's too clean and new. It doesn't really have that ancient forest feel. I think celtic knots would look awesome, but I might be biased, since I think celtic knots look awesome in general. biggrin

I'm torn with the stain. Probably because the only stains I have on hand right now are dark maple stain and mahogany - both too dark. If I can get a light stain tomorrow I might. But my other thought was that because of the bark on the edges of the wood, I didn't know if a stain would take away from the bark.

I'm a sucker for celtic knots too. Give me any excuse for sketching and painting one and I'll do it. lol
Trillium_Fae
Plum_Faerie

I put your etsy shop in a widget on my blog for the week. 3nodding I hope you get some more sales!

Oh wow! That's so awesome :]

Can I see the link? I can post on my Tumblr and FB about your site as well, I like to cross promote.
Sunda I finished a white/purple bunny

Today I finished a white/pink bunny

I'll post pictures before I go to bed, I'm sewing atm d:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out