Welcome to Gaia! ::

What would you like to do first?

Creation Topic of the Month 0.6 60.0% [ 57 ]
Creation Exchange 0.4 40.0% [ 38 ]
Total Votes:[ 95 ]
< 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 54 55 56 > >>

Wow namemaker.com is a bit pricey indeed. $15 just for 24 round little stickers with a personalized name on them but using their stock picture. Youch! I'll have to shop around. I have plain paper bags and I want to put my business name/logo on them via stickers.
Trillium_Fae
Wow namemaker.com is a bit pricey indeed. $15 just for 24 round little stickers with a personalized name on them but using their stock picture. Youch! I'll have to shop around. I have plain paper bags and I want to put my business name/logo on them via stickers.

You can just buy sticker paper and print out your own logo, or buy a custom ink stamp online.
Plum_Faerie
Trillium_Fae

You can just buy sticker paper and print out your own logo, or buy a custom ink stamp online.

Doesn't look as professional though. confused Every time I print on sticker paper, it comes out fuzzy for some reason beyond me.
My work today is a work in progress. A new faery sculpture. The overall sculpture is of a faery trying to lift the wings of a bird and kick it out of the nest to fly. Lots of components to work on. Today I started on the bird and got the basic form and 'facial' expression down. I wanted an ornery/annoyed/wtf? look. Obviously, I'm going for fantasy/comedy, not realism here. Once the bird is done, it will be painted to look somewhat like a sparrow or robin fledgling.

User Image
I made a ruffly half apron from a few old t-shirts in order to keep all my sewing supplies on hand, [x]
and a small throw pillow from a high school class t shirt that I outgrew (Which isn't anything special, seriously, it's a square.)
Got a WIP rug and a long time in the making Belle (from Beauty and the Beast dress) that I've worked on here and there too.
Although I wasted most of my time doing this [x] [x] [x]
Also, seeing all the awesome work that everyone else is doing is definitely inspiring.
Trillium_Fae
My work today is a work in progress. A new faery sculpture. The overall sculpture is of a faery trying to lift the wings of a bird and kick it out of the nest to fly. Lots of components to work on. Today I started on the bird and got the basic form and 'facial' expression down. I wanted an ornery/annoyed/wtf? look. Obviously, I'm going for fantasy/comedy, not realism here. Once the bird is done, it will be painted to look somewhat like a sparrow or robin fledgling.

User Image

That little birdy is definitely animated, in my opinion you totally achieved the confused/annoyed look you were aiming for. Seeing your stuff makes me wish I could sculpt. Keep up the gorgeous work.

7,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Sorry I haven't posted in a few days; been meaning to take some pictures.

I have a couple pictures from last week's projects that I finally got the earwires for: {x} {x}

And this is the project I've been working on lately: {x}. It's still a work in progress; I need to figure out how I'm going to add on the face, and then I need to make a matching mate for it. The picture does not do it justice; it is just so incredibly cute in real life. It's filled with polyfil in the main body, and lentils in the legs. There's also a squeaker in the top and a magnet in the bottom. (It will eventually be a Squiddle from Homestuck, by the way.)

7,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Technicolor Goth
I made a ruffly half apron from a few old t-shirts in order to keep all my sewing supplies on hand, [x]
and a small throw pillow from a high school class t shirt that I outgrew (Which isn't anything special, seriously, it's a square.)
Got a WIP rug and a long time in the making Belle (from Beauty and the Beast dress) that I've worked on here and there too.
Also, seeing all the awesome work that everyone else is doing is definitely inspiring.

Cute apron! I didn't realize until I worked retail how incredibly useful aprons with pockets are. I'm actually very glad I got to keep mine when the store closed. Never thought to make one out of an old T-shirt, though; that'd be a good way to recycle shirts that don't fit or are worn out.
Technicolor Goth

That looks so fun! blaugh I've never had my face totally painted before. emo
Killer_Cactus23

I have a couple pictures from last week's projects that I finally got the earwires for: {x} {x}

And this is the project I've been working on lately: {x}. It's still a work in progress; I need to figure out how I'm going to add on the face, and then I need to make a matching mate for it. The picture does not do it justice; it is just so incredibly cute in real life. It's filled with polyfil in the main body, and lentils in the legs. There's also a squeaker in the top and a magnet in the bottom. (It will eventually be a Squiddle from Homestuck, by the way.)

Do you make your own jumprings?

7,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Trillium_Fae
Killer_Cactus23
[snip]

Do you make your own jumprings?

No, I fail so hard at making jumprings. I usually buy them from Michael's.
Killer_Cactus23
Cute apron! I didn't realize until I worked retail how incredibly useful aprons with pockets are. I'm actually very glad I got to keep mine when the store closed. Never thought to make one out of an old T-shirt, though; that'd be a good way to recycle shirts that don't fit or are worn out.

Thanks. I wear sweatshirts all the time and amass large collections of pens, notes etc. so it bothered me a lot to do without pockets while sewing. I love using up old tshirts, as they're readily available. I found a book with way to repurpose tee into everything from a hair tie to a wedding gown, although the apron wasn't in there.
Trillium_Fae
That looks so fun! blaugh I've never had my face totally painted before. emo

It was incredibly fun and I recommend it to any and everyone. Go be a crazed fan at least once it your life. As for the paint, it's totally awesome until you have to take it off, especially since I used normal chemical filled acrylic paint. It stayed on for a total of 12 very long hours the first day (Got some really odd looks at Wendy's).
And I'm making slow, fragmented progress on above mentioned sculpture (a faery trying to force a bird to fly and leave the nest, much to the little bird's annoyance). You really have to use your imagination with the fairy right now as she has no head yet. And she's quite naked, so I'm not going to risk posting pics of her and get chewed out by a mod for nudity, albeit in clay. xd
Technicolor Goth
[
It was incredibly fun and I recommend it to any and everyone. Go be a crazed fan at least once it your life. As for the paint, it's totally awesome until you have to take it off, especially since I used normal chemical filled acrylic paint. It stayed on for a total of 12 very long hours the first day (Got some really odd looks at Wendy's).

lol That's part of the fun I'm guessing - the odd looks afterward. I go to ren faires every year and they're all out of state. That means rest stops! So I love going into restaurants and gas stations in full medieval dress. So many nice people love to stare. ^_^

Manly Pitcher

20,225 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100
Killer_Cactus23

very cool! i like the photos you took too-- especially the focus on the first one...did you use a digital camera? ..my photos always come out kind of bad ;.;

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff