Welcome to Gaia! ::

Loyal Hunter

10,750 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
I'm about to start up a jewelry centered Etsy shop, and I'm not sure what reasonable prices would be for what I'm offering. I would be extremely grateful for any advice! Here are some pictures of my work:
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Loyal Hunter

10,750 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
One big question I have is how to price something without knowing the price of materials. Some of the things I've made use pieces from other jewelry I already had, or pendants that were given to me by my family. I don't always know the prices of the components I use, so I don;t know how to account for them.

The other thing is shipping... Would you guys recommend using a flat rate format, or should I just try to guess at what each piece would cost to ship? sweatdrop

Lonely Kitten

Some things to keep in mind.

How much did you paid for all the materials used + time it took to make it + packing materials + maybe 2-5 dollars depending on the intricacy and quality. That's usually my scale.

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
When it's time to sell, be sure whoever models the necklaces isn't covered in lint. I must admit, that was all I could focus on in the first two or three photos. People will pay more or less depending on what they think they're paying for. The right photo says "This is a product." The wrong photo says "This is secondhand."

tl;dr: The better your photos, the more you can charge.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff