Welcome to Gaia! ::

I made a fairy costume for kids, Click me <----Pics, scroll down dont for get to sign my guest book plz
monkey noodles
don't worry, it's just a slow thread.

BADGER COSTUME!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

the badger hoodie is splendiferously warm. i went as a dancing badger for halloween. it was awesome.

badgers badgers badgers badgers badgers badgers badgers badgers badgers badgers badgers badgers MUSHROOM! MUSHROOM!

I WANT ONE! I love it so good
Since I'm a LARP'er I love making medieval costumes, so I bet I'll post here again. Anyway, here is my two most fancy-looking things.

http://www.gatugarden.com/karin.lundberg/bilder/foton/medeltidsarbete3.jpg
A medieval nobelty dress I made just because I wanted one. I have yet to wear it to any event, but I've worn it in town once and in school twice. It was made directly after a pattern, which I've later heard is not historicaly correct, but I still like the dress.

http://www.gatugarden.com/karin.lundberg/bilder/foton/dg/foton004.JPG
A fantasy dress which I wore to a LARP-event earlier this summer. I played a dark-elf, hence the white face. I didn't use a pattern for this, but the bodice was made after instructions on the net.
This is a picture of a friend and myself dressed as Mungojerrie and Rumpleteazer from the Stuttgart, Germany production of CATS. This was at this past Animazement. I made the unitards for last year's Nekocon, my sister painted them, I made the warmers, wigs and the "song costumes" which are the leotard/leggings/gloves/shirt.

User Image
Wow, those Cat costumes are gorgeous! I'm jealous of your skill....
curli
Wow, those Cat costumes are gorgeous! I'm jealous of your skill....

Thank you! Last year a group of us decided to start dressing as CATS at Nekocon (Cats... get it? xd ) and decided to do the German versions of Sillabub (my friend Memphis), Cassandra (my friend Saff), Mungojerrie (same costume as above, but worn by my sister) and Rumpleteazer (which I wore). My sister and I made the costumes last year and they were gifts to our friends.

User Image

This Nekocon we're doing the same thing, but with the Japanese versions of Demeter, Bombalurina, Mistoffelees and Cassandra and adding new people to our group with a Griddlebone, Growltiger, Rum Tum Tugger and Gus.
there are plans for ren fest costume, I swear, Ive got the designs and the patterns (yes, plural...I want to make many of them) all in my head. ...I am so jealous of some of those costumes...sooo jealous.
VireanRose
there are plans for ren fest costume, I swear, Ive got the designs and the patterns (yes, plural...I want to make many of them) all in my head. ...I am so jealous of some of those costumes...sooo jealous.

Don't worry about how many there are! You can do it if you have these costumes planned out well. I once made 6 ren fair costumes in 5 days. That was a bad week... eek
Xeen
Wooooow. You guys have really cool costumes.

I slapped together a Pirate costume, but it isn't from any particular thing, just a Pirate. Can I still post it here, hmmmm?

WHAT A HOT GIRL
you see very good with the kimono 3nodding
4laugh i like it
I have a very-nearly-finished costume to share, tonight. I found the perfect shoes for the ensemble today and couldn't resist trying it all out together. I have a few cosmetic issues to deal with yet on the coat, as well as a few structural issues [which I don't know yet how to fix, anyway]. I'm actually quite proud of how this has turned out so far.

The costume is of my RPOC from ages ago, aisu. If you're curious about it, just ask! ^_^

Sans Jacket, putting things on
Open Jacket, Showing off the side
Jacket Lower Back, open-- You can't see the cool stitching I did across the shoulders as the picture cut. When I get to take better pictures [as in, pictures that don't involve balancing the camera on a tabletop], I'll put them up and show the back better.
Jacket Front, zipping it up
Jacket Side, zipped up
Choker detail
Armband Detail

I'll post more pictures when it isn't late at night some other time and make sure to show some of the close-up details, like the D-rings and the accent stitching I chose to do.
OK guys, I'm one day away (I think) from posting my most recent adventure!

Another dress for my (now) fiance's mother, one that I was SUPPOSED to have finished six months ago, but...well, things got hectic. This one is an empire-waist gown, chemise and arm gauntlets that lace up.

The bodice section is red satin with little golden flowers and vines, lined with cream satin. The skirt section is actually two layers, the under layer is cream satin, the top layer is a goldtone lace. The two layers are attached at the empire waist and zipper closure, hemmed seperately. The chemise is the same chemise from the gold dress that I did for her (pics earlier in the thread). The gauntlets are the same as the bodice section, the outer part is the red satin/gold flowers, lined with cream satin. The neckline and waistline of the gown is trimmed with cream colored trim accented with false pearls.

*hoping to have pics by Monday*
Here is a Turtles-costume I made for Lucas (4 years old here) for Halloween last year. He absolutely loved it! The design is my own and it is made out of cotton fabric with some stuffing in the shield on the back.

ninja

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff