Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Lunatic

7,100 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
Vampire Costume

This was my halloween costume this past year. I made the cloak from scratch (gawd, was that fabric a slippery b***h!). The black shirt was just a simple black shirt I owned. The bodice was a stretch-velvet cami I had which I altered by adding the piping, loops, and chain. The necklace was a piece of black satin ribbon onto which I sewed crystals and hematite beads. (my chin is hiding most of it...) Unseen in this photo (I'll see if I can find a decent full-body shot) are the skirt (bought), which falls to just above the knee and is black with a snakeskin texture and slit up the left side, fishnet stockings (bought), upper-arm-length black gloves (bought), and high-heeled, point-toed black suede boots that laced up the front (bought). Also not visible in the picture are the red moon charms on one end of the chain.

And before you ask, no I'm not all white because of the flash. That's makeup. And I know the false teeth are yellow. You couldn't tell from the package when I bought them (opaque packaging is evil), and once opened I couldn't return them.

While this wasn't the first time I did my own costume, it's one of the ones I've put the most effort into. (the kilt doesn't count, I'll get pics of that eventually.) Your thoughts?

EDIT: ok, I found pictures of both the full costume and the necklace. I warn you now, the full-body shot is a bad one, but it gives you the general gist of the rest of the costume.

Full Body
(the hood kept slipping because it was a silky fabric, and my hair's naturally incredibly silky... bad bad BAD combination... it would NOT stay under the hood, all 4 feet of it...)
Necklace
it sounds kool ^^

Fatcat

that thing u did with the flame pants was awsome! and your costumes rock guys i loved em all!
dandelionswish
a few garments i made for my senior fashion show smile my line was called 'a walk with a rabbit' ~!

That's amazing. I love those!

4,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Elocutionist 200
ok... just got my sewing machine, and this is the first thing i've done on it. it's the second outfit i've ever made (not counting all those sock dresses for barbie when i was little)... so, cut me a little slack because i had no clue what i was doing eek sweatdrop as soon as the sewing machine is out of the box, my friend was already requesting some star trek plushie uniforms (fromt he original series). lol

User Image

User Image

took about 4 weeks, a hour or 2 a day. 1 messed up attempt (shirt and pants).i have no idea what kind of fabric it is >.> but i know that the gold trim broke 2 needles before i just glued it on... and the boot material is shiny. ooo shiny.

plushie model is candy. :3 outfit is star trek 60s style. heart

fun stuff... :3
cute! good job for a first time!

4,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Ohhh!!! heart heart heart heart heart heart

I wish I could sew!

Devoted Cleric

19,625 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
Wow, you guys are all so good. Those outfits were really well done. I was going to post my own stuff but now I'm not so sure I should. redface sweatdrop

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I actually just completed the first costume I did entirely on my own. I was the costume assistant for the most recent show here at my university and as such my job was to build one of the two costumes we had to make from scratch (the designer built the second one.)

I am SO proud of it! It became my baby on this show!

On the dress form:
User Image

On the actor (we got rid of that white underskirt after this costume parade, gave it to the other female character to balance them out):
User Image
There are a lot of great costumes in this thread! Woah~

I'm just a cosplayer. This is my most recent one:

Toshiya (bass player) of Dir en Grey (japanese rock band) - the costume he wore for the song Myaku.

http://envirion.net/envi/cosplay/other/envi_toshiya_04_by%20M.jpg

reference: http://envirion.net/envi/cosplay/other/totchi.jpg

edit: I forgot to mention that it is 100% made by me somewhat pattern-less. Everything was raw materials when I started. (ie. yards of fabric, hair extensions, etc.)

Devoted Cleric

19,625 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
I'll post some of my stuff... redface ... but it's not great compared to most the people here.

My sister and I in kimono's we made for a talent show we were singing in. We each made our own (I'm in red, my sister Misake is in the darker color). I'm not sure what else to add. They were made following a pattern (butterick I think) and I think they were the first thing I had ever sewn for myself (usually I make plushies and doll clothes).
User Image

My first attempt at really cosplay costumes (other than my Omi from Weiss kreuz that was mainly made from stuff I bought). I made the two costumes on the ends - Taikoubou from Houshin Engi and Amiboshi from Fushigi Yuugi. I currently don't have a picture of Amiboshi in photobucket but I have one of Taikoubou with a plushie I made for the same friend I made the costume for (costume was her b-day present, plushie was for Christmas). The Amiboshi costume (right) I basically used a pattern for and changed a few things. I also made it WAYYY to big for me as I was afraid it'd be too small. sweatdrop The Taikoubou one (left) I basically had to make from scratch since it's a little different and impossible to find a pattern for. Also, my friend didn't want the big shoulder pad things so I left them off.
User Image
User Image

Not a costume for me but I made a kimono for a Cabbage Patch Kid once. I used the kimono I made myself as inspiration and modified a CPK shirt pattern to make the kimono. She has a big bow in the back but I don't have a picture of that on photobucket right now.
User Image

I could post more plushies that I've made but as this a costume thread and not a plushie one I don't want to spam it to much (I don't know if it's allowed). redface

Sorry for all the big pictures. If people prefer I can change them to links, just ask.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff