Welcome to Gaia! ::

Garbage

domokun COSTUME TIME domokun

Hello and welcome to the Crafts & Textiles cosplay/costume photo sticky. Here you can post images of your prized works or collaborations. We ask that you follow a few simple guidelines when posting here, to keep things nice and happy, and to avoid breaking the brains of your fellow Gaians.

If possible, please follow the format below when posting.
  • Character the costume was designed to look like. (if specific character)
  • Which anime, game, movie, book, etc the character is from. (if any)
  • If the costume is a collaborative work, or you purchased pre-made pieces, please tell us what you actually did yourself. Your work must be a noticable part of the costume! "I fixed a broken seam" or "I glued the ball to the stick" doesn't count! Design work on original costumes is acceptable.
  • What supplies you used (optional)
  • Who the model is, if there is one. You do not need to have photos of somebody wearing the costume, but I'm sure they'd appreciate credit if you posted their photo.
  • The photo!

Garbage

General guidelines

Your costume needs to be the focus. We don't want to see any "Look at this hot guy dressed as Vash! Oh and in the corner you can see part of a skirt I did."

If multiple characters, or multiple people dressed as a single character, are present in the image, please make sure to specify who is wearing your costume! Some people can't tell the Sailor Senshi apart, and if there's three people dressed as Moogles how will we know which costume you made if you don't tell us?

"That sucks" is not constructive criticism! "The skirt should be pleated, and the fringe is more of a turquoise than green in the movie" is constructive criticism! Being an idiot will result in your posts being deleted.

The above also goes for the difference between " eek wow! heart " and "I really like how your Molly costume is so accurate to the one your Molly doll is wearing." Pointless nice posts are spam just as much as pointless rude posts.

Garbage

"This belongs in the Sticky thread!"

Are you sure about that? This thread is meant to be a display for finished costumes created by the person posting. Threads showing in-progress costumes are still allowable. Threads specifically asking for advice on how to improve a finished costume are still allowable. Threads with pictures of other people's costumes are allowable to a certain point (asking how to create a similar costume, etc).

This thread is just a collection of Gaians' finished costumes, nothing more.
Since no one else is posting, I'll go first...

Front:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v157/leloi/snow.jpg
Back:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v157/leloi/CBF06.jpg

Snow Sugar from Snow Sugar Fairy. Indoor photograph is by No-Name Anime, taken at Fanime 2002. The outdoors are from Cherry Blossom Festival 2002 (Japantown, San Francisco) taken by whomever I handed my camera to.

More pictures here:
http://members.fortunecity.com/leloicosplay/sugar.html
(warning, popups)

Materials? Many... from the polyester section of Joanns.

This took me a week to make... about 15 hours of actual labor. There was a lot of little stuff to make for it. Hat, chocker, purse (functionable), gloves, blouse, bloomers, underskirt, overskirt, socks, boots, tail/bow and wings. For Fanime 2003 I added an extra skirt layer to make it shinier.
Shimon from Harukanaru Toki no Nakade

http://members.fortunecity.com/leloicosplay/shimon.html

Photos are by Kane (in the group photo he's in the top row, Second to the last... the ONLY male).

Materials: Raw silk, home dec, sari fabric from Joanns.

Interesting to note in the pic... I still had braces and I'm 3 months pregnant... and that camera did WEIRD things to everybody's eyes.

We won Honorable Mention in Group Construction at AX 2002.
I'll go next!

Work in progress!

Yea, the pic of it was taken at a con. I really shouldn't have worn it, but I did anyways.

Materials used: Yards of white cotton/poly blend fabric, 2 yards of yellow poly/cotton blend, a yard or 3 of the blue. I don't remember. I'm in the process of finishing it. Black stuff on the yellow trim was put on with sharpie. Yeah, it needed to be redone. sweatdrop I've had the darn thing for about a year, you'd THINK I'd have ambition enough to finish it. But alas, I'm in the last months of college, so finding time to do it is rare.

Oh yeah! Character is Jessica De Alkirk from Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete. Model is yours truly. Picture was taken by Kevin Lillard on behalf of fansview.com at Anime Detour.
edited March 18, 2006:
Hi, sorry, shifting some stuff around and taking down some older posts and costumes, sorry! and trying to get rid of the dead links!

Anyway, Calintz from Magna Carta: Crimson Stigmata. Some origional patterning, mostly modified existing patterns, I styled the wig myself. the prop sword Lis made for me broke though sad

User Image
User Image
Wooooow. You guys have really cool costumes.

I slapped together a Pirate costume, but it isn't from any particular thing, just a Pirate. Can I still post it here, hmmmm?
By golley, this isn't cosplay, but why limit the field, neh?
Commissioned costume for Halloween. This is based on a child sized simplicity pattern - that I reworked to fit an adult male - and er...I threw out most of the instructions too >_O

Materials: Cotton quilting prints and red winsdor satin black and white felt (eyes), 3 layers of 1/8" thick foam for the body form, 1" thick polyester batting for fins and lips.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

More views:
Left side
Front view
rear view
that fish is awesome! Great work! ^_^

I think posting a pirate costume is acceptable, not sure though, i mean i like to see pirate costumes. Though that might be because my renn faire costume is piratey.

I mean as long as you sewed a signifigant part of the costume, or built a signifigant portion you're safe ^^

Garbage

Edited first post, thread is no longer cosplay-only. All costumes are acceptable provided your part in its creation is noticeable.
Caitiebear
I'll go next!

Work in progress!

Yea, the pic of it was taken at a con. I really shouldn't have worn it, but I did anyways.

Materials used: Yards of white cotton/poly blend fabric, 2 yards of yellow poly/cotton blend, a yard or 3 of the blue. I don't remember. I'm in the process of finishing it. Black stuff on the yellow trim was put on with sharpie. Yeah, it needed to be redone. sweatdrop I've had the darn thing for about a year, you'd THINK I'd have ambition enough to finish it. But alas, I'm in the last months of college, so finding time to do it is rare.

Oh yeah! Character is Jessica De Alkirk from Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete. Model is yours truly. Picture was taken by Kevin Lillard on behalf of fansview.com at Anime Detour.

Wow... I totally forgot I am a member of that site. Look up Leloi. xd
leloi
Caitiebear
I'll go next!

Work in progress!

Wow... I totally forgot I am a member of that site. Look up Leloi. xd

I had guessed that you were the same Leloi, since i didn't think it'd be too common a name, and i re-use mine all the time ^^ I visit that site often. Your McGonagall costume is very impressive, i love the details! and the cape is just perfect for the costume.
This is my Halloween costume that I've only just got round to posting. I made the tail from scratch, painted the design on the t-shirt and cut down a pair of trousers and altered them to make the shorts. The character is a half-succubus from a webcomic that seems to be no longer running but should hopefully be back up soon - www.clanbob.net

Edit: You can't see the tail very well in this pic, theres a better pic in my halloween costume help thread somewhere on this board!

User ImageUser Image
Alright!
Well this was my prom dress from a year or two ago, you know... when I was graduating(it's a shame that I can't really figure out when that was.. or can't be bothered) I made everything save for the buttons, hosery, cloth.. well you get the picture. This was of my personal design and that's me wearing the costume in my picture next to my fabulous date (who was going to wear a kilt till his mum freaked out, silly mothers) who doesn't look a thing like that (he had to get a stupid haircut and shave his goatee for the prom else he'd of lost his hearing to that shrieking mother of his, res assured he's looking like normal now don't you fear)

I was a piratey showgirl thing or something smile

so picture
http://www.deviantart.com/view/4289961/ <-the design smile
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v66/tes_go-gaia/Emily03.jpg <-the dress biggrin

done in: velvet, brocade, leatheresque vinyl, some scrunchy white fabric that I don't remember what it was/where it came from... and buttons, snaps, a zipper, boning, lacing, eyehooks and all manner of things that makes it impossible to get in or out of. 3nodding various feathers, a fan and stuff. :3

cost: $30-50
average cost for a prom dress: $400-700
I think I win XD domokun

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out