Welcome to Gaia! ::

Alien Traveler

25,950 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Cheercrusher 50
So for a personal costume I'm delving into the world of itty bitty top hats.
I don't think I'm doing too poorly, though! I remain hopeful!

Anyone else successfully made these before? Any advice?

also, check out my hats here; right here. they're all finished now biggrin

I'd love any feedback!

Beloved Agent

13,925 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Object of Affection 150
I'm a hat newb too, and I think your hats are darling! I especially like the teal hat with the black lace and feathers as trim. So pretty!

And I'm impressed that you're making your own hat bases! You're a few steps ahead of me...I just go into the doll-accessory department at Hobby Lobby, buy blank doll hats, and decorate them however I want. I'm thinking about making my own hats from scratch, though, so I can choose whatever colors I want and I'm not limited to the colors and shapes that the store has. 3nodding

Alien Traveler

25,950 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Cheercrusher 50
Mademoiselle Alvinette
I'm a hat newb too, and I think your hats are darling! I especially like the teal hat with the black lace and feathers as trim. So pretty!

And I'm impressed that you're making your own hat bases! You're a few steps ahead of me...I just go into the doll-accessory department at Hobby Lobby, buy blank doll hats, and decorate them however I want. I'm thinking about making my own hats from scratch, though, so I can choose whatever colors I want and I'm not limited to the colors and shapes that the store has. 3nodding

Thank you so much biggrin that's my favourite one as well, I love the bright colours. emotion_bigheart

I actually never considered buying premade hats to decorate, lol. These are for costumes, so I"m not sure if doll hats would be the right size anyways.

It's a lot of fun making them from scratch, though I need to learn my way around the hot glue gun a little better, haha, I keep burning myself. :T I'll post some more photos soon, I've almost perfected them! Glue doesn't pop over the top of the hat anymore! So proud!
Thilath

also, check out my hats progress here --& liiiiink.

I'd love any feedback!

I have no advice that would be useful but I wanted to say, these are really cute. 0; That's a neat idea. And unique.

Alien Traveler

25,950 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Cheercrusher 50
MissAnti
Thilath

also, check out my hats progress here --& liiiiink.

I'd love any feedback!

I have no advice that would be useful but I wanted to say, these are really cute. 0; That's a neat idea. And unique.

Dawh, thanks so much for the kind words!

also, big update biggrin I have some finished and actually for sale now! This is very exciting and I hope thy sell <3

Intellectual Mage

5,650 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
These are awesome. Seriously amazing. If money weren't so tight, I'd be all over those hats.

Alien Traveler

25,950 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Cheercrusher 50
Crevan the Bard
These are awesome. Seriously amazing. If money weren't so tight, I'd be all over those hats.

It means a lot to hear that emotion_kirakira thanks!

8,100 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Signature Look 250
I love tiny top has and yours are SO cute! They have a different kind of style to them than the standard burlesque-ish ones.
When I have the extra cash to spare, I think I'll be needing one!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff