• Bunny Hunter 100
Small sample of what I can do

User Image

Professor Stein!

Dangerous Businessman

2,900 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
Not an anime, but the Dishwasher games lend themselves well to plushies. Yuki, Paka, Dishwasher, Chef, and some of the enemies would make great plushies. It's a very obscure series though, so it might be good to attach a booklet that explains what they're from.

Friendly Regular

11,675 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
The Occasional Traveller
Not an anime, but the Dishwasher games lend themselves well to plushies. Yuki, Paka, Dishwasher, Chef, and some of the enemies would make great plushies. It's a very obscure series though, so it might be good to attach a booklet that explains what they're from.

Not sure on that one

Dangerous Businessman

2,900 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
User Image

That's not chibi art either, that's his actual ingame appearance.

Friendly Regular

11,675 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
The Occasional Traveller
User Image

Does everyone knows about this game?

Dangerous Businessman

2,900 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
PatchieFoxGirl
The Occasional Traveller
User Image

Does everyone knows about this game?

No, it's a sleeper hit. It'd be a nice treat for some indie game fans, so it'd sell for quite a bit.

Tricky Informer

7,300 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Informer 100
Yeah, it might be a good idea to do characters from lesser known things. Anyway, if you go into the dealer room, you'll find fifty legal and about a hundred more bootleg plushies of Sailor Moon, Cloud, and Sebastian. That's a lot of competition, and mass-produced, so it's cheap.

Friendly Regular

11,675 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Helpful Cait Sith
Yeah, it might be a good idea to do characters from lesser known things. Anyway, if you go into the dealer room, you'll find fifty legal and about a hundred more bootleg plushies of Sailor Moon, Cloud, and Sebastian. That's a lot of competition, and mass-produced, so it's cheap.

Trust me on this one I have seen the dealer's room the price for plushies are expestive even bootleg ones. And also they haven't made some characters from series that are rememberable to serval fans.

Tricky Informer

7,300 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Informer 100
PatchieFoxGirl
Helpful Cait Sith

Trust me on this one I have seen the dealer's room the price for plushies are expestive even bootleg ones. And also they haven't made some characters from series that are rememberable to serval fans.

Ten or twenty bucks isn't a lot of money to pay for plush. That's the going rate except in cases of Ghibli or rare toys.

Friendly Regular

11,675 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Helpful Cait Sith
PatchieFoxGirl
Helpful Cait Sith

Ten or twenty bucks isn't a lot of money to pay for plush. That's the going rate except in cases of Ghibli or rare toys.

which thats the prices I do charge my plushies at, but have you seen what they've charge vocaloid plushies? seventy bucks per doll?

Tricky Informer

7,300 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Informer 100
PatchieFoxGirl
Helpful Cait Sith
PatchieFoxGirl
Helpful Cait Sith

which thats the prices I do charge my plushies at, but have you seen what they've charge vocaloid plushies? seventy bucks per doll?

Show me ONE Vocaloid plushie that costs seventy dollars. Not a custom-made one-off.

Friendly Regular

11,675 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Helpful Cait Sith
PatchieFoxGirl
Helpful Cait Sith
PatchieFoxGirl
Helpful Cait Sith

Show me ONE Vocaloid plushie that costs seventy dollars. Not a custom-made one-off.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. they cost seventy buck doll

Tricky Informer

7,300 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Informer 100
PatchieFoxGirl

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. they cost seventy buck doll

No they don't. Like I said, there are very rare plush that are expensive, but a vast amount of general market and bootleg toys out there for much, much less.

But back to my first point, you'd have MAJOR competition from big companies if you made popular characters. Your best bet is to have dolls for characters that can't be found anywhere. Or little squid or something.
I am apologizing in advance. I find it hard to read your grammar so I am correcting mistakes in red. ]:

PatchieFoxGirl
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. They cost seventy bucks per doll.

Before you hnnnnng $70 at these - Have you felt one or anything? They have a wire skeleton that makes them pose-able along with completely embroidered details and accurate fabrics that portray the clothing. They're worth every penny.

Now let me say this - Have you sold at a con before? It's hard. People are very picky about what they buy, and just because they say online they will buy something, that does not mean they actually will. Asking from your poll, do you have a table at AX? If not they are sold out for the year, and they cost approx $120~140.

If that's all good and stuff and you do have a table - this next part is important. I'm not trying to be mean, honestly; I'm an AA artist myself and make and sell plush. I would work on improving your sewing skills and patterns before even considering selling your plush. It looks like you sew most of these without a pattern and that's fine they're pretty decent considering that fact. The newer stuff you have in your gallery is a lot better than your older stuff. And that magikarp? That's adorable. If you DO sell your plush now, don't base it on dealer room prices. Because this guy right here: http://ak.buy.com/PI/0/500/221385306.jpg retails for $15, and he's so much better made than yours are, even if they are mass produced. Base it on time, and materials.

I think that's a long enough post for now. :1

TDLR?; Improve on your sewing skills before wanting to get an AA table and charging for plush.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff