Welcome to Gaia! ::

black & white or color photos?

black & white 0.58181818181818 58.2% [ 32 ]
color 0.41818181818182 41.8% [ 23 ]
Total Votes:[ 55 ]
1 2 >

which is better? black & white or color photos? explain
Depends. If you're taking pictures as a form of keeping memories, then you should probably do it in color.

If you doing it for artistic purposes, then it's up to you as an artist to figure out which way better suits what you're trying to capture.
Neither is necissarily better than the other.
I usually take digital shots and then put them in a photoshop program and witch back and forth between color and black+white to see which looks better. Some are more interesting in one over the other. For example, If I were to take a picture of something like a bright pink flower with a nice green background, that would be best in color. However, is I took a head shot of my yellow labrabor with a black background, black and white would probably be best because the lights and darks in my dog's fur would be more pronounced and the background would not take up nearly as much attention. The choice all depends on the artistic elements and the point of the photo.
Black and white look way more elegant.
Depends what your talking pictures of but for portraits you just can't beat black and white! It reduces flaws and can make anyone look glamorous and with the right makeup you can really get that old stunning look.
Both. I take digital color photos, then play with them. biggrin Sometimes I leave them color, mainly for the vibrancy of colorful objects (lke flowers). Sometimes I paint color away with Paint Shop Pro 8. heart I like to spot color, too. biggrin

5,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • First step to fame 200
Not a photographer myself, but i seem to appreciate black and white pics when it comes to pictures of ppl in classy poses or close ups, really artsy, as well as pics of archicteture from ages past and some nice nature shot with sky background, althought it can also be done in color, mostly sunset...depends on the mood and feel of the moment. for color like some1 mentioned, if it's something vibrant, color is the best way to go, capturing a flower in bloom, waterfalls, sunsets. hhmmm,maybe i should try taking pictures more often, hehe.
I tend to find black and white pictures to be more tasteful in some cases. It all depends on the situation and what you wish to say with the picture.
i love black and white i do all my stuff in it very little color so go black and white
For me? Gotta be color. ^^; If the color's good, I'm usually pretty much into it. B/W can be great too though, of course. But it's not what I usually prefer. :3
black and white photos gives you that classic feel to it, and make it seem mroe mysterious. i have to say that i prefer them over colour photos - but it really depends on the concept
I've barely any experience, but from the one class I took in junior year, I'd have to say I prefer B&W. With color film people seem to think that they can take pictures of whatever and make it look good--since you can't capture vibrant colors in black and white you're forced to focus on light/shadow, shapes, etc. Not that pretty colours can't make a good image as well, but, you know.
It really depends, but I like some of the effects a black and white picture can produce. Just the shading in it and such. Where as with color you only see the variations of color. Which can make the picture if it's something that lacks shading.
I prefer black and white because they are more dramatic while at the same time being subdued. They are also something of a new perspective, since most of us already see the world in color.
i prefer black and white

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces