Welcome to Gaia! ::

Questionable Sex Symbol

10,850 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
This is an older one: User Image

I posted it a while ago and some people told me my stitches were too loose.
What do you think of the next more recent one:

User Image

As far as the stitches. Are they getting better? sweatdrop

Full_Moon83's Prince

Dapper Genius

28,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Smooth Operator 100
  • Married 100
First off, I would like to say that the designs for your Miku dolls are quite lovely. Did you design them yourself?

Personally, I think that your stitches are improving. In your first picture(the older one),the stitches seem a bit stretched especially around the face and the arms. I would either use a smaller hook or less stuffing if I wanted the gaps to be smaller.

I like that in your recent photo the stitches look more consistent in size and the use of different yarns for her outfit. Still, I would try to use less stuffing. Usually we are told to stuff it until it's firm but when I make my dolls I usually stuff it to the point where provides it's shape and then redistribute the fluff inside to fill any gaps without stretching it too much. You could also try pulling the yarn a bit tighter to get smaller stitches if it helps as well.

Questionable Sex Symbol

10,850 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
Kiryu Thunder
First off, I would like to say that the designs for your Miku dolls are quite lovely. Did you design them yourself?

Personally, I think that your stitches are improving. In your first picture(the older one),the stitches seem a bit stretched especially around the face and the arms. I would either use a smaller hook or less stuffing if I wanted the gaps to be smaller.

I like that in your recent photo the stitches look more consistent in size and the use of different yarns for her outfit. Still, I would try to use less stuffing. Usually we are told to stuff it until it's firm but when I make my dolls I usually stuff it to the point where provides it's shape and then redistribute the fluff inside to fill any gaps without stretching it too much. You could also try pulling the yarn a bit tighter to get smaller stitches if it helps as well.

Yeah I winged it. No pattern. And thanks very much. I'll keep that in mind definitely heart heart

Full_Moon83's Prince

Dapper Genius

28,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Smooth Operator 100
  • Married 100
Miku-Marmalade
Kiryu Thunder

Yeah I winged it. No pattern. And thanks very much. I'll keep that in mind definitely heart heart

Wow that's really cool. You could also use the base for the other vocaloids too! ^^
Your welcome. I like to crochet amigurumi dolls as well but the yarn tension is always annoying to keep in mind.

Questionable Sex Symbol

10,850 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
Kiryu Thunder
Miku-Marmalade
Kiryu Thunder

Wow that's really cool. You could also use the base for the other vocaloids too! ^^
Your welcome. I like to crochet amigurumi dolls as well but the yarn tension is always annoying to keep in mind.

O.o you too? Cool an sweet. Yeah it's a learning process. Lol

Full_Moon83's Prince

Dapper Genius

28,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Smooth Operator 100
  • Married 100
Miku-Marmalade
Kiryu Thunder
Miku-Marmalade
Kiryu Thunder

Yup, making bunny dolls for some classmates back in Japan. Of course I borrowed the pattern from the internet. XP

Questionable Sex Symbol

10,850 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
Kiryu Thunder
Miku-Marmalade
Kiryu Thunder
Miku-Marmalade
Kiryu Thunder

Yup, making bunny dolls for some classmates back in Japan. Of course I borrowed the pattern from the internet. XP

Were they free? emotion_awesome
I often look at others work and make variations.

Of course I couldn't find a miku bunny doll. I sketched the idea.

Full_Moon83's Prince

Dapper Genius

28,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Smooth Operator 100
  • Married 100
Miku-Marmalade
Kiryu Thunder
Miku-Marmalade
Kiryu Thunder
Miku-Marmalade
Kiryu Thunder

Yes, it's free and legal. Lol. I often like to put my own twist to some of the patterns as well especially with the eyes. The safety eyes are usually hard to get so I tend to use felt.

Maybe your next design should be a bunny dressed up as Miku. wink

Questionable Sex Symbol

10,850 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
Kiryu Thunder
Miku-Marmalade
Kiryu Thunder
Miku-Marmalade
Kiryu Thunder

Yes, it's free and legal. Lol. I often like to put my own twist to some of the patterns as well especially with the eyes. The safety eyes are usually hard to get so I tend to use felt.

Ah yah felt is more Kawaii. emotion_awesome

No I didn't mean free and illegal. There are paid patterns. Lol.

I may be asking a lot… but do you have a place where you display your work online. I love seeing others work. heart

Full_Moon83's Prince

Dapper Genius

28,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Smooth Operator 100
  • Married 100
Miku-Marmalade
Kiryu Thunder
Miku-Marmalade
Kiryu Thunder
Miku-Marmalade
Kiryu Thunder

I may be asking a lot… but do you have a place where you display your work online. I love seeing others work. heart

Hmm...I don't really display on the internet because crochet was something I picked up on my free time. I can show you some of my projects I've been working on though. I just finished 1 of 7 bunny dolls and working on a cake.

Full_Moon83's Prince

Dapper Genius

28,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Smooth Operator 100
  • Married 100
Miku-Marmalade

Here is a link to my album. It only has 2 pictures in it though. Still have to find some of my other projects.
Projects

Questionable Sex Symbol

10,850 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
Kiryu Thunder
Miku-Marmalade
Kiryu Thunder
Miku-Marmalade
Kiryu Thunder

Hmm...I don't really display on the internet because crochet was something I picked up on my free time. I can show you some of my projects I've been working on though. I just finished 1 of 7 bunny dolls and working on a cake.

Cake?! emotion_dowant

User Image

I know it sounds far fetched but I want to make a dunkin donut dozen box filled with crochet doughnuts. XD

Questionable Sex Symbol

10,850 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
Kiryu Thunder
Miku-Marmalade

Here is a link to my album. It only has 2 pictures in it though. Still have to find some of my other projects.
Projects

OMG. Brb having a cute attack.

sweatdrop

I LOVE them. heart heart heart

Full_Moon83's Prince

Dapper Genius

28,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Smooth Operator 100
  • Married 100
Miku-Marmalade
Kiryu Thunder
Miku-Marmalade
Kiryu Thunder
Miku-Marmalade
Kiryu Thunder

Cake?! emotion_dowant

User Image

I know it sounds far fetched but I want to make a dunkin donut dozen box filled with crochet doughnuts. XD

Yeah Cake! XD Especially cupcakes!

0.0 it doesn't sound strange to me. Actually it'd be a really cute idea. You can make doughnut keychains. Your crochet food look really nice. Did you try fruit yet?

Questionable Sex Symbol

10,850 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
Kiryu Thunder
Miku-Marmalade
Kiryu Thunder
Miku-Marmalade
Kiryu Thunder

Cake?! emotion_dowant

User Image

Yeah Cake! XD Especially cupcakes!

0.0 it doesn't sound strange to me. Actually it'd be a really cute idea. You can make doughnut keychains. Your crochet food look really nice. Did you try fruit yet?

User Image

Just an apple slice. I want to make the apple too.
I go on Pinterest and see like soooooooo much stuff I want to do. Lol

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces