Welcome to Gaia! ::

SilverTetsusaiga
I3uu

Awesome and good luck !!!
I'm still new to Storenvy myself, but the main thing to advertise a lot, so people know you're there. I'd imagine having a catchy or interesting name might help to.
Also, I'd make sure to read through Storenvy's F.A.Q's. They're really helpful !!!
Sorry I couldn't give you a lot of tips, but I hope what I've said helps. smile

Also, the art in your siggy is adorable !!

awe thank you. c: it's mine.
the only problem i jus remembered is having to sign up with stripe? They're rejecting my debit card as invalid/ not existing. ;u; Trying to get ahold of everyone to sort it out else I cant sell on storenvy.

Fashionable Phantom

17,525 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Falling For You 25
You're welcome. >w< You're very talented.
Ah. I don't know much about Stripe, though I've been tempted to try it.
I currently have Paypal linked, but I'm not entirely sure if it's working or not seeing as the business paypal is really confusing to set up ? At least to me it is. I haven't had anyone buy anything so I don't know if paypal is working or not, nor have I gotten any emails from people saying that Paypal's not working on my stuff, so yeah.

It's terrible you're having so many problems though !! I hope they all get resolved really quickly for you !!!

Invisible Codger

15,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
I sell pins, stickers- mostly pokemon but I've been working on more original content stuff. Currently looking for good tutorials on how to make tights and pencil cases.

My storenvy

Shameless Man-Lover

SilverTetsusaiga
Yeah. That's part of the reason I why I keep advertising like crazy.

If I knew how much Etsy would take for their fees, I'd possibly switch. I went with Storenvy cause there was less fees to deal with. (Only fee with them is Paypal's fees.)

Eh. eBay is ok......but a couple of my family members have had issues with eBay, so I'm very leery about trying to sell on there.

Nice artwork in your siggy though !!

Etsy cost 20 cents per listing and they take a small percentage (like 2 or 3%) when you sell an item. It' not too bad if you work it into your overhead costs. I wish it didn't have fees but I do like that is has higher traffic than storenvy. I hope that was helpful.

I recently opened an etsy shop hoping to sell scarves I make in my lecture classes. link is in my sig >.>

Fashionable Phantom

17,525 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Falling For You 25
nikiera

Awesome. I'm trying not to do too much fan art stuff because I don't want people to just buy the fan art. I'd also like for them to be interested in my original creations too. At this point though, I'd be happy if any of my stuff would sell. :/ Good luck with finding tutorials though !!!

Viz-Kei-Boi

I see. That is helpful because I wasn't sure what all Etsy cost, I just knew they had fees and I'm not exactly in a position to be paying fees to sell things, seeing as I'm trying to just work with what I have at the moment and don't have the extra to be shoveling out for fees. However if things change in the near future I may look into opening a shop up on Etsy where it has more traffic. I think that's what's hurting my sales at the moment, the lack of traffic/interest.

Good luck selling your scarves though !! Also, I loooove the art in your sig. It's really well done !!

Invisible Codger

15,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
SilverTetsusaiga

Awesome. I'm trying not to do too much fan art stuff because I don't want people to just buy the fan art. I'd also like for them to be interested in my original creations too. At this point though, I'd be happy if any of my stuff would sell. :/ Good luck with finding tutorials though !!!

slowly but surely, the fanart does help though. People have been buying my original stuff- just takes time I suppose.

I would see fanart as a kind of easy advertising- like a first door for people to access and see original stuff?

I think in time your stuff will sell : > good luck!

Fashionable Phantom

17,525 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Falling For You 25
nikiera

True. Though, the hard part I think is finding fan art you can sell that'll sell well to start with. It's good people are going after your original stuff as well though !!!

Thank you !! smile Good luck to you as well !!

Shameless Man-Lover

SilverTetsusaiga

Thanks ^.^ You're art is really great. I love your style.

Fashionable Phantom

17,525 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Falling For You 25
Viz-Kei-Boi

Thank you !! But I'm still learning/haven't quite gotten my own style down quite yet.

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,500 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Tycoon 200
I have a Storenvy. I've made one sale since I opened it, and I'm still to the day confused as to how they found me. They ordered out of no where months after I had stopped trying to advertise. Hahaha.

Bracelet Frenzy < < < Link for anyone interested. Handmade friendship bracelets. I have more to add but I haven't had the time to take decent photos yet.

I haven't converted to Stripe yet, still kinda iffy about it. Can't decide if I want to or not. And because the marketplace is no taking a fee along with PayPal's fee I don't have my marketplace store open right now (only custom store is open).

Fashionable Phantom

17,525 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Falling For You 25
TheDancingDish

Probably found you while searching or came across one of your adds at some point. Still pretty awesome you got a sale though !!

Aww !!! I like your bracelets !! They're really pretty !!!
I'm in the same boat too. There's more stuff I wanna add to my shop, but I haven't made them yet/taken photos, ect. Still debating on putting up my first and only figurine. I mean, I need to clean it up and finish it, but I dunno if I wanna put it up or not. >.>

Yeah, same here. I'm tempted to try it over Paypal though cause I'm not sure if I have paypal set up right or not, plus it takes a while for Paypal to transfer funds too. >.> I dunno. I'm thinking of giving the Marketplace store a go and see if I can't get any sales that way. I've gotten lots of views, but no sales.

Also makes me wanna say screw it and try Etsy, but I dunno.

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,500 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Tycoon 200
SilverTetsusaiga
TheDancingDish

Probably found you while searching or came across one of your adds at some point. Still pretty awesome you got a sale though !!

Aww !!! I like your bracelets !! They're really pretty !!!
I'm in the same boat too. There's more stuff I wanna add to my shop, but I haven't made them yet/taken photos, ect. Still debating on putting up my first and only figurine. I mean, I need to clean it up and finish it, but I dunno if I wanna put it up or not. >.>

Yeah, same here. I'm tempted to try it over Paypal though cause I'm not sure if I have paypal set up right or not, plus it takes a while for Paypal to transfer funds too. >.> I dunno. I'm thinking of giving the Marketplace store a go and see if I can't get any sales that way. I've gotten lots of views, but no sales.

Also makes me wanna say screw it and try Etsy, but I dunno.

Like, I want to try Stripe. Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying anything bad about it or against it. I'm just iffy because I've had PayPal for so long (before having the store), and I feel weird just giving up my account number and stuff. But like, everyone else seems cool with it and I'm sure Storenvy wouldn't be transferring to it if it wasn't safe. I'm just weird about it.

It took me a while to figure out if I had PayPal set up right, and I wasn't even completely sure until I got that first sale and had to go accept the money hahahaha

I went to your store (that is yours in your signature, right? hahaha)! Too cute! I love the animal crossing bells jar . I love that game! Also, if you don't mind my asking, where did you get that little jar thing? I was looking for those for a personal craft thing I wanted to do but couldn't figure out where to get them.

I was trying to give Etsy a chance tonight...but it said my store name isn't available and I can't seem to think of anything creative... The best I could come up with was TheQuirkyKnot and even that doesn't sound great haha or maybe I'm just trying too hard. xD

Fashionable Phantom

17,525 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Falling For You 25
TheDancingDish

Yeah. I'm the same, but the difference is I'm just worried about if something happens and Stripe has to charge me cause of a settlement or whatever. >.> I don't exactly have the extra money to try to leave laying in my bank account for that.

Haha. Nice. Well, I guess I'll wait and see if A) I ever get a sale, or B) Someone emails and tells me my stuff isn't working. Lol.

Yup. That's mine in my siggy. I figured if I put it there it's good advertising. Lol. Thank you !!! I love Animal Crossing too and I play New Leaf all the time !! I don't mind !!! I got my mini glass jars from Hobby Lobby, but I've heard you can get them at Michael's and I'd imagine you could probably get them from other craft stores too. Or you can always order them online too. >w< Most of my materials came from Hobby Lobby.

Awesome !! I hope it works out good for you !!

Haha. You might have been. Maybe bounce ideas off a friend or something ? That's how I came up with my store name for Storenvy. I bounced ideas off my friend and cousin, and then boom. My Storenvy name hit me like a brick. Lol.

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,500 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Tycoon 200
SilverTetsusaiga

Ahh, alright! I'll have to check around Michael's next time I get down there. I saw a cute craft thing on Pinterest or something and wanted to try it but couldn't for the life of me find any of those around my town, so it looks like I'll have to make a special trip to Michael's!

I LOVE NEW LEAF! AHHH <3 My character has on Hufflepuff Robes. It's adorable. <3

Would you consider a friendship bracelet "geekery"? Ugh, why so detailed, etsy?!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff