Welcome to Gaia! ::

does knitting/crocheting tend to fustrate or calm you?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on December 2, 2004.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3 4 5

I kind of agree. I get frustrated because I never know how big something will be when I knit, but with crochet I have complete control.
LadyAnubis
I actually learned how to crochet weird. Instead of starting with squares of single or double crochet, my first projects were all granny squares. It was a long time before I figured out how to crochet in just plain old rows.

granny squares are my down fall.
I learned in rows first, then when I relearned, it was a lot of granny squares. After doing some varied projects, I feel like I have a pretty good handle on how to make various shapes in crochet.
I knitted a small bag once...It took alot of concentration, since I wasn't used to knitting. Then my teacher gave me this great idea of throwing it in the washing-machine xd It came to be a felted bag afterwards. It looked so cool, and was easy to do bead detailing. I knitted a few scarves after and felted/beaded them too and both methods pay off well 3nodding
I dropped a stick and pulled the knitting off the needle. Then I unravelled the rows after the dropped stitch until it was gone then I put the knitting back on a needle. Be careful and brave to try this.
I don't knit but my friend does. Shes really good at it and I am learning myself soon. I think it will be fun and a good learning experience.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff