Welcome to Gaia! ::

does knitting/crocheting tend to fustrate or calm you?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on December 2, 2004.
No longer accepting new votes.
1 2 3 4 5 >

Generous Loiterer

hey... Welcome to this post... um yea... so what r u guys knitting and crocheting??? Im currently working on two scarves... one bucle and one a mixture of cheneile (sp) and fun fur....
I crochet. I want to sell my stuff I made. I make scarves because they are easy.
I really have no time to crochet. Too much homework and such. I feel sad.
I knit, mostly. Scarves. Lots of them. I find it very relaxing - I can do it while I'm watching TV.

I can crochet, but I don't do it very well...I get more frustrated with it than knitting. I tended to make hats that were a little oddly shaped -- my mother called them "n****e hats" sweatdrop I haven't crocheted anything for a while now, needless to say...
I knit scarves. sweatdrop Pretty much all I know how to do. I'm working on my second scarf right now out of chenille. 3nodding I need to finish it soon so I can work on one for my brother. @.@
I'm basically into knitting. I've forgotten how to crochet, mostly due to a 7 year hiatus.

I love knitting scarfs and I'm hoping to start doing more complex projects to make clothes and such.

Generous Loiterer

My new scarf is turning out AWESOME!!!! Its about 6in. long and 4in. wide. its really pretty its black with red fun fir.... i beleive imentioned this earlier...

Generous Loiterer

one question... what do u do if you drop a stich in knitting???
What if you dont notice it for a while... like 3 rows later... does that make a differene????
I crochet. My current project is a pair of legwarmers made out of fun fur along with some plain yard for extra thickness; before that, it was a striped scarf and a hat with cat ears. whee
Sephora_Cain
one question... what do u do if you drop a stich in knitting???
What if you dont notice it for a while... like 3 rows later... does that make a differene????

if you take a crochet hook, you can pick up that stitch back onto the row you're working on. but if it's only like three rows down, you could also probably just rip it back down to that row and re-knit the three stitches again.

i currently just finished a scarf for my highly demanding mom. but other than that recently finished making a domo-kun backpack for myself:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
crazy spork i am

i currently just finished a scarf for my highly demanding mom. but other than that recently finished making a domo-kun backpack for myself:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

That beats the heck out of my domo purse. gonk

User Image
Those are both way hot. :Q

I've only been knitting for a few months now, been knitting fingerless gloves for my dad and my guy friend, and a cabled hat from SnB Nation for my other friend. Has anyone else made that hat, btw? It's coming out a little small and I'm wondering if it's just me, even though I swatched the hell out of that thing first. ._.;

I taught myself how to crochet a few weeks ago so I could make this turtle for my friend:

User Image

So far, I've come up with this:

User Image

It's kinda more sinister looking than the original, and I'm having trouble with the shell, but I'm getting there. >_>

Shirtless Raider

8,850 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Nerd 50
It's not calming for me because I'm such a perfectionist that I want my crafts to turn out perfectly the first time.
I both crochet and knit, though I like crocheting more, because it's easier. I think it's very calming, and it gives me something to do when I'm bored at school smile

I have to say that I just got a huge urge to crochet a domo-kun backpack... xd
That's just so hot!
Agreed, I just started with intarsia, and that Domo-kun backpack would have seriously tried my patience ^_^ I knit and crochet, but I started knitting much more recently. Crochet gets boring so easily, but knitting is kind of calming to me because every time I learn something new (like today I scored a HUGE triumph learning how to knit in the round, use circular needles, and use the magic loop technique all at the same time on the same piece), I get really excited and fall into a rhythm, waiting anxiously to see what's going to come out. =)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff