Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ooh, ianthine, that looks awesome!
I remember when I started to crochet amigurumis, they became crazy and too long because I had no idea what a stitch marker was, and the ami became too long... sweatdrop

Anyone ever take out their entire ami because they made a mistake? (that they found out near the end that made a huge difference in the amigurumi? xd )

Dapper Spotter

.. I don't know what a stitch marker is! surprised

If I end up making a huge mistake that affects the final project, then I have a bad habit of just dropping the project altogether instead of trying to fix it. I just don't have the patience. V__V

And I couldn't survive without a stitch marker. I've tried without one too and it just never works out without it. I almost bought some 'official' crochet stitch markers, but cringed when I saw the 6 USD that they cost at Jo-Ann's. The 2$ small safety pins I got at Wal-Mart work just as well, I believe (and with all the extra pins I gothed out my hoodie).

The last smile wavered, and disappears,
And the warmth is all that's left.

Dapper Gaian

8,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
I just finished a cute little kitty.
I love the way she turned out.
(Her name is Ami (ah-me), btw. xd )

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g60/Nekolover_8/AmiCat.jpg

Oh wow! That's adorable! ^___^ I love the scarf and hat! heart

Aww, the kitty is so cute! >.< Especially with its awesome skull hat and scarf!

Haha, I don't have official stitch markers... I made mine out of paper clips.. xd (The problem is, they keep falling out... I should try small safety pins, though...they seem to have better staying-on-the-project ability...)

Dapper Gaian

8,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Awe, thank you both of you. ^^

I don't even know what stitch markers are. o.O

Someone else who uses paperclips

Might work better with larger projects, but I've tried them with my little amigurumi ones and they always fell out. >__<

Stitch markers help you keep track of where you are in a round, especially useful in keeping track of the number of stitches.

Dapper Spotter

I do not know how to crochet so extremely clean like those pictures. surprised I haven't needed a stitch marker yet. I sort of estimate. I don't think I see how the stitch markers work. =_='

On another note, that cat looks really cute! biggrin The hat and the scarf are cool too. (: What's the skull made out of?
Oooh, those paper clip stitch markers are so much better than mine... xd

Dapper Gaian

8,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Ah, I see.
I've never heard of them before is all.

@ianthine
The skulls are made out of black and white felt.
x demons tears x
lol. I noticed that earlier! :3 Your ava is pretty awesome, BTW.
thank you! so is yours, i think i might have to buy a christmas outfit soon!

the cat is adorable! i love that color of his hat.

i use a lobster claw clasp off an old bracelet for a stitch marker but most of the time I work without one. i'm pretty good at keeping count of what i'm doing and with amis i usually just make it up as i go.
Bonjour, fellow amigurumi freaks! I'm back from a long absence... I had exams at school and then I didn't have computer anymore, and my internet at home is...ugh. That's the only word for it.

@smorething - I can't wait to see it!

@stitchmarkerthing - I love stitch markers. I got like 20-30 of them at Wal-Mart for 3USD. They're really good for counting the stitches, because I get distracted when I crochet, and then I won't remember how many stitches I had, but IT"S ALL GOOD! Because I can just count from the stitch marker. Woohoo!

I need to check Wal-Mart for some stitch markers... they'd be cheaper than Jo-Ann's it sounds. I need them for the same reason as you, Stormbringer. There's always something going on to make me lose count. lol.

It's happening less now, though. I found the perfect thing to listen to while crocheting: Podcasts!

I like listening to them more than having the TV going, since there isn't a screen to draw my attention to, and I get seriously sick of the same fifteen songs the radio plays over and over again.

x demons tears x

I need to check Wal-Mart for some stitch markers... they'd be cheaper than Jo-Ann's it sounds. I need them for the same reason as you, Stormbringer. There's always something going on to make me lose count. lol.

It's happening less now, though. I found the perfect thing to listen to while crocheting: Podcasts!

I like listening to them more than having the TV going, since there isn't a screen to draw my attention to, and I get seriously sick of the same fifteen songs the radio plays over and over again.

Yess, exactly. I listen to my ipod, but still manage to get distracted. ("Oh, look, a butterfly..." wink
@ewokperson- I ran across an eowk pattern. I don't know if you already are using it but...here ya go! Ewok!!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff