Welcome to Gaia! ::

Being that I've never made a hat before (but I will try someday.. hopefully!) it seems nice, but those awesome atterns will be crushed when I use them... xd

Hobby Lobby... I guess they don't have one in my area, but that would be so neat if they did! Then I'd actually know where to get awesome doll eyes!

((Being that with school becoming harder and harder each day, I'll probably be coming to this thread once every.. 2-3 days? DARN those book, writing, reading, P.E., and other reports and tests!!! xp ))

Dapper Spotter

uhhh.
Does anyone know where to get a pattern that's like .. a snow-ish hat with those ear flaps? xD

My friend wants me to do one of those for her before she leaves to Taiwan smile Except I don't have the string yet. Or the pattern. And I don't understand how to use patterns yet. -_- But she's leaving on Christmas, and I have like 8 hour of cartrip to Vegas during winter break! biggrin

ianthine
uhhh.
Does anyone know where to get a pattern that's like .. a snow-ish hat with those ear flaps? xD

My friend wants me to do one of those for her before she leaves to Taiwan smile Except I don't have the string yet. Or the pattern. And I don't understand how to use patterns yet. -_- But she's leaving on Christmas, and I have like 8 hour of cartrip to Vegas during winter break! biggrin

What about this pattern? And if you're still learning the ropes, this tutorial might be helpful.
Aww, those hats are so cuute! whee

2,800 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

Dapper Spotter

I like this one if anyone's interested. A kitty hat. Thanks for the suggestions though. XD I searched that del.icio.us site. mad

Quote:
Row 2: Working front loops only, Ch 1, hdc in each
of the next 22 hdc. Turn.
Row 3: Working back loops only, Ch 1, hdc in each
of the next 22 hdc. Turn.

From here on you will alternate one row of front
loops and one row of back loops.

What do like .. front and back loops mean. -_-

Quote:
Next row: Sc tog over next 2 sc, sc in next sc.
Next row: Sc tog over next 2 sc. Ch 23. fasten off.

What does tog mean?
Help pleaseeee smile
@ianthane: Oooh, I love that kitteh hat! ^__^

I think I'm going to have to go out and buy some nice yarn for a hat and/or scarf combo, since the only yearn I have is worsted weight, and while the Caron's Nice'n'soft yarn (or whatever it's called) wouldn't be bad for a hat, I'd rather get something more natural.

Back Loops: Info Here
Not too tough... you just work in the back loops of your sts.

Sc tog: This means you single crochet 2 scs together. I'm not good at explaining crocheting terms, but I'll try, since I couldn't find any info online that explains the Sctog...

Basically, you put your hook through the front loop only of the next stitch, then while keeping the loop on the hook, put the hook through the front loop of the next stitch. You will have 2 loops on your hook, and from that point onward, you treat it like a normal sc (yarn over, draw through the 2 loops, sc complete!).

@Bubble: Hobby Lobby is pretty awesome. They're cheaper than Michaels or Jo-ann's most of the time and they carry a lot of discontinued items. It's the only place I can find doll eyes, too.

Umm..I think maybe I've been doing something wrong in all my amigurumi...they've turned out alright though. I keep putting my hook through both loops. Is that a double crochet?

Nevertheless, I finished arm #2 for my moose. I can never find enough time to just sit down and finish it! However, I already picked out my next project. I'm using the UFO amigurumi to make Gaara from the manga/anime "Naruto". [Whatever, I'm a squealing fangirl, so shoot me.]

@hat thing: I love hats.
the-stormbringer
Umm..I think maybe I've been doing something wrong in all my amigurumi...they've turned out alright though. I keep putting my hook through both loops. Is that a double crochet?

That sounds about right to me, the hook normally should be put through (under) both loops, unless a pattern says otherwise.

It's not a double crochet stitch, That's something different altogether. A double crochet is this,
http://www.dummies.com/WileyCDA/DummiesArticle/id-2616.html

It requires 2 yarn-overs, so it has more height than a single crochet, which is usually the main stitch type used in amigurumi construction.
Okay. sweatdrop I'm doing the right thing then. Phew.

Dapper Spotter

User Image

My hat without the pattern. It's really lumpy and the ears are uneven. And the earflaps are different sizes. -_-

So for the pattern I posted up earlier, with the 'sc tog' or whatever, does that mean that like .. you use like three strings and once and pretend they're like the same string ? XD

I don't have a Hobby Lobby in my city. :/ I've never heard of that place !
@ianthine: Oh! Oh! I found an ok demonstration on 'sc2tog'! And it turns out I've been doing it wrong, I think... sweatdrop lol.

Crochet Library - sc2tog

Even without the pattern, the hat looks pretty cute! I hope the next version of it goes better for you.

I'm having issues with a lumpy hat as well. Even though I've been following a pattern, the cap part is kinda lumpy and looks like I added too many increases... even though I didn't... >__<

As far as amigurumi goes, I apologize for still not getting pics of my smore up... turns out my little nephews were messing with it earlier and thus went unlocated until this evening.

Here's a pic of my latest WIP, though.

User Image

@ianthine: That hat is adorable! 4laugh
@ sc2tg: Whoa. Turns out I've been doing it some weird and wacky way!! >.<
@ Demon Tears: Is that the robot? It looks fantastic! mad D I love the lightbulb..
that hat is the sex lol. biggrin
I wanna make one XD
@Bubble: Yeah, it's a robot. :3 I'm really happy with how the lightbulb turned out, but I'm having a little bit of trouble getting the legs and arms to look right.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff