Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hunter

10,000 Points
  • Team Carl 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Flatterer 200
I'm not saying this is how they did it, but I would make the tulle like the skirt and stitch it on top of the inside layer at the top... the trapazoid piece would be sewn over those... Like, they would be inside the piece when you sew it because it has a lining. Hard to explain.
so the idea i'm getting here is do this:
make top part w/ waistband and zipper(or something like that)
make some tulle layers in the general shape they look like in the pic
make bottom lining part
sew bottom lining part and tulle layers to top part with the tulle layers on the outside.
that seem like it would work?
the only problem I see there is that it might not flare out in a smooth line.

Hunter

10,000 Points
  • Team Carl 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Flatterer 200
Bah, I dunno how to explain it... I got it figured out in my head, but I can't put it in words.
User ImageUser Image
Ladeh is speakin'. Listen up. ;D

Hahaha, you did it the hard way. xD

You don't really need a zipper for a petti, it's easier to just have an elastic waistband, as that makes more poof. The top of the trapezoid should be double your waist distance, which you put casing over, and then elastic through, the elastic being the length of your waist distance minus a bit so it's snug.

It does look nice though xD

I've never put lace on mine, because I'm so very lazy...

Nice thread, btw.

Hunter

10,000 Points
  • Team Carl 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Flatterer 200
I used elastic on mine, but for the one that she wants to make in the picture you can see a zipper on the side.
User Image My spine has twisted, and my fur has grown...

One time I went to a lolita gathering(I'm a girl, btw, and I was dressed in "Prince Style" since I don't like dresses). So anyway, we were walking and then some guys in a truck drove by and shouted "LOLITA TEA PARTY!!!!!!! WHOOOOOOOOO~" XD

...Revealing my true form User Image
User ImageUser Image

Ohh, I see. xD Because the top part isn't elastic, it's the high waisted bit.. I have a bridal petti like that.

@Stolen:

El oh el. Is all.

Hunter

10,000 Points
  • Team Carl 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Flatterer 200
Does anyone know any good websites for patterns other than janchan? Doesn't matter if it's English or Japanese.

Edit: I'm thinking I MIGHT do this dress out of the purple fabric I have...
User ImageUser Image

The purple flowery one?

Do it. xD

I'd suggest buying GosuRori books, if you really want the patterns.

Sasuga bookstore search for "gosu rori".

Hunter

10,000 Points
  • Team Carl 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Flatterer 200
I was thinking more the solid purple and use the flowery one for the bows on the front and pocket flaps. I could also use the flowery one to make a shirt... just haven't found the pattern I want yet.
Raven: Hm whatever I'll figure it out. Thanks for trying anyway.
User ImageUser Image

Nununu... Don't mix those fabrics... They aren't similar purples D:

And, I would suggest to rarely, nigh never, use a flowery print fora blouse. Blouses look better in solid, or very light prints (prints on blouses only if the skirt is a solid. Looks bad with a JSK). Especially when worn under or with a jsk or skirt.

The purple flowery would look awesome as a JSK, because it's a small-medium, but wide repeat print. If you must use both fabrics, use the flower print as the base and then purple for the pockets.

Mind, these are all suggestions, you can do what you want... I'm just kinda obsessive compulsive about colours and matching and how things look. xD

Hunter

10,000 Points
  • Team Carl 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Flatterer 200
I would make a dress out of the print, but the problem is I only have 2 yards of it. I figured because the dress was plain the print shirt would go well with it. I would never mix two prints together...
User ImageUser Image

If you only have two yards, make a print skirt then a solid blouse, maybe?

I just wouldn't do the solid dress over a printed blouse, at least, not those fabrics.

Hunter

10,000 Points
  • Team Carl 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Flatterer 200
So I'm going to make a skirt out of the purple print, but I need to wait to get a zipper...

EDIT: Also, my boyfriend and his family are in a german dance group and recently I got a pair of the leather dance shoes that they use until I can get the imported kind... What I was wondering was could I use these shoes to wear with lolita outfits until I can get a pair of proper ones?

Shoes

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces