Welcome to Gaia! ::

-Ladeh No Name-
User ImageUser Image
Ladeh is speakin'. Listen up. ;D

Hahaha, you did it the hard way. xD

You don't really need a zipper for a petti, it's easier to just have an elastic waistband, as that makes more poof. The top of the trapezoid should be double your waist distance, which you put casing over, and then elastic through, the elastic being the length of your waist distance minus a bit so it's snug.

It does look nice though xD

I've never put lace on mine, because I'm so very lazy...

Nice thread, btw.

You've just cleared ALL my confusion on your tutorial about petticoats. It took you so long to say it in your tutorial!!!
I've fallen in love w/ both sweet and country lolita. I am basing my Halloween costume on it!
I am sweet with a dash of country loli red riding hood. I thought i would have to buy my petticoat but now i know i won't. My dress is going to be made of a milkmaid kercheif fabric (like the fabric of Dorothy from the wizard of oz's dress) and a lace trimmed red cloak. My dress is will similar to Dorothy's dress as well (only i want it pink) and it'll have a bow where the waist is cinched and with an appliqued bell-shaped pockets. I'm torn between using mary-janes to top off the lolita or sewing tinkerbell slippers to top off little red riding hood.
I might include a nice bib but i need a tutorial.

2,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
Raven Harlequin
Country Lolita

Country Lolita is derived from the Sweet Lolita style, and is often a little hard to distinguish due to the use of the same sweet patterns, and motifs that the Sweet Lolita style uses. How-ever the Country Lolita style can be recognised by straw baskets, hats, fruit, and gingham patterns.

Most lolita outfits require a blouse under a jumper skirt to pull of the Lolita look, but because Country Lolita is associated with the out-doors one may be able to get away with-out a blouse.

Like Sweet Lolita, Country Lolita follows the same modest guide-lines, as well as the full, bell-shaped skirt.

The make-up suited for this style would be very basic, and natural. If you're going outside try some sun-screen, some light lip-stick, and some blush.

Sailor Lolita

Sailor Lolita is a very nautical-themed style of Lolita that is very much inspired by Japanese Sailor-styled uniforms.

Sailor collars, dark blues, and whites are often key factors in recognising this style. Nautical motifs are often used in this style; symbols such as ship anchors and wheels make very cute additions to this style.

Like most Lolita styles the same bell-shaped skirt is expected, quite often this skirt may be pleated, and the outfit may often include a puffed-short-sleeved blouse with pockets.

Although striped socks may not work with a lot of Lolita styles, they often look nice when coordinated into a Sailor Lolita outfit.

Again minimal make-up with suit this style, including some lip-gloss to stop your lips from cracking if you'll be out near the sea!

Wa Lolita

Wa Lolita is a style that is often recognised by the Kimono-esque look of the outfits, and is for those Lolitas who may love to get in-touch with the country that brought about Lolita fashion.

Wa Lolita involves long 'sode' or, sleeves, and 'obi' or sashes that are taken from Kimono/yukata outfits, and fused with the bell-shaped skirt of lolita. Wa Lolita fabrics are often very extravagant like most Kimono fabrics, involving detailed flower prints, and cranes. Like all Lolita outfits and Kimono, Wa Lolita should not be made out of shiny fabrics such as those that Chinese qi-pao are made of.

Although this style is quite different from usual Lolita styles, modesty is still a large part of this style, and your skirt should be a reasonable length for lolita. Sadly a lot of Wa Lolita outfits on the market today have very short skirts, causing many people to be turned-off by Wa Lolita.

Traditional Japanese Kanzashi or flower hairclips may work lovely with this style in the place of a Lolita head-dress. Make-up can range from light and natural to Japanese geisha inspired. It's best not to do makeup very similarly to that of a geisha as it will most likely end up looking costumey, and end-up ruining your beautifully put together outfit.

Guro Lolita

Guro Lolita, or 'Gore Lolita' is exactly like the name sounds, gory. How gory is always up to you, and can range from anything to some bandages, a sling, or some blood splatters on your clothing. (Try not to over-do it though!) Guro Lolita is a style of Lolita that tries to portray a 'broken-dolly' sort of look, a gruesome yet innocent sub-set of Lolita.

A Guro Lolita outfit can really be pulled-off in any colour, but white really does look fantastic if you want to have some blood splatters! (If you're worried about getting blood splatters on your lovely dress, perhaps you could make yourself a small apron to splatter.)

Although Guro Lolita may sound costume-y, just like other Lolita styles it is a part of a fashion, and not a costume, and follows all of the guidelines that the other styles do.
This style really is not acceptable for a lot of group Lolita activities such as tea-parties, and special events.

Make-up for this style is really up to you, as long as you're still fairly modest the sky is the limit. Fake blood is a great item to have for this style, and can be purchased at most local party stores.

Punk Lolita

Punk Lolita is perhaps one of the most challenging styles of Lolita to pull-off, because it takes someone with a lot of knowledge of Lolita fashion to be able to fuse the image of a Lolita with that of the Eastern punk style.

Punk lolita comes generally in two forms, first is an outfit that conforms to the general shape of lolita, a bell shape knee length skirt (or a bit shorter for this style) but without as many clean lines as the other styles. Accessories and fabric choice are very important to this style: deconstructed fabrics and fishnets are a good choice, as are chains and studs. Also layering is key to this style! A Punk Lolita outfit is not simple; wearing a studded belt over your skirt doesn't make your outfit punk just as wearing a plaid fabric doesn't make your outfit punk.

The second form of Punk Lolita is an outfit that has a lighter feeling than a normal punk outfit and takes considerable inspiration from the Lolita style but doesn't quite conform to the general shape. It is a much girlier punk outfit with frills or bows. Though skirts may not be knee length and bell shaped shaped they are still not skin tight and crotch length.

Makeup of course can be a bit heavier for Punk style than with the Sweet or Classic styles.

As you could probably tell it's hard to explain the nuances of Punk Lolita and must be something you come to understand over time (or not).

2,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
tom_boy_mauh
-Ladeh No Name-
User ImageUser Image
Ladeh is speakin'. Listen up. ;D

Hahaha, you did it the hard way. xD

You don't really need a zipper for a petti, it's easier to just have an elastic waistband, as that makes more poof. The top of the trapezoid should be double your waist distance, which you put casing over, and then elastic through, the elastic being the length of your waist distance minus a bit so it's snug.

It does look nice though xD

I've never put lace on mine, because I'm so very lazy...

Nice thread, btw.

You've just cleared ALL my confusion on your tutorial about petticoats. It took you so long to say it in your tutorial!!!
I've fallen in love w/ both sweet and country lolita. I am basing my Halloween costume on it!
I am sweet with a dash of country loli red riding hood. I thought i would have to buy my petticoat but now i know i won't. My dress is going to be made of a milkmaid kercheif fabric (like the fabric of Dorothy from the wizard of oz's dress) and a lace trimmed red cloak. My dress is will similar to Dorothy's dress as well (only i want it pink) and it'll have a bow where the waist is cinched and with an appliqued bell-shaped pockets. I'm torn between using mary-janes to top off the lolita or sewing tinkerbell slippers to top off little red riding hood.
I might include a nice bib but i need a tutorial.
So I keep seeing these tutorials online and on youtube for making your own mini top hat and I decided that since Im trying to do "Classic" lolita I'd rather not have a big bow in my hair. SO what Im wondering is since I dont have a glue gun if regular glue, or wood/craft glue would work because I dont want to go out and buy a glue gun. And would I really need felt? Or just fabric?

Which would look better in your opinion.

Felt mini top hat

or fabric over some sort of cardboard/posterboard material.

its almost the same effect right?

Also a friend suggested buying a mini hat out of the doll section of a craft store.

Any suggestions/opinions?

Im trying to keep things cheap.
Hey again.....I'm starting a mushroom-inspired outfit. Patterns you think may be good? I'll post sketchyz soon.

The outfit is a JSK with attatchable suspenders, a blouse, and an overcoat. I have bloomers, they're just going to have some appliques on them and they're all set.
User Image

http://www.avantgauche.co.uk/sewing/index.html

that might be helpful.

as might:

http://www.cosplay.janchan.com/patterns/gl/gl1.htm

If I had time I'd go through. Maybe if I get bored when I'm done with this physics packet.

Paaaants...come on...I need paaaaaaaantssss...

Has anyone seen a good pattern or tutorial for kodona-style pants (pattern preferred)? I've been looking everywhere. My only requirements are that they need a "feminine fit" (or they'll look stupid, I think) and pockets. Because I has pocketwatch!! Yahar!!!
User Image

Three Pants

There's three patterns there, each for a different pants... there's like five actually. Anyways, if you need help, just ask. smile

my favorite pokemon is squirtle!!!!!!1 he is adorable n pikachu

8,050 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Market Browser 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
LikeAKnifeInAGunFight
So I keep seeing these tutorials online and on youtube for making your own mini top hat and I decided that since Im trying to do "Classic" lolita I'd rather not have a big bow in my hair. SO what Im wondering is since I dont have a glue gun if regular glue, or wood/craft glue would work because I dont want to go out and buy a glue gun. And would I really need felt? Or just fabric?

Felt mini top hat

Also a friend suggested buying a mini hat out of the doll section of a craft store.

If it helps, I made my own out of felt with cardboard to stiffen. (I'm just a begginer =_=; )
User Image

Oh gods it's huge sorry about that >_<

Hygienic Gekko

LikeAKnifeInAGunFight

Felt mini top hat

This isn't exactly Lolita oriented, but Threadbanger is an excellent site/show for craft things. I'm trying to make a Mad Hatter hat for my Halloween costume, and they have a tutorial for it. If you sized it down and made your own choices of colouring and stuff, I imagine it would work for you as well. The video tutorial is here --> http://www.threadbanger.com/tb-projects/episode/THR_20091009

As well, there's a tutorial on Deviant, though it looks a bit more complex. --> http://idzit.deviantart.com/art/Top-Hat-Tutorial-1-81296461

Hope that helps! biggrin
User Image

I'm making a mushroom lolita skirt for Halloween.

BE AWARE: I know lolita is not a costume, but if I want to wear a mushroom one for Halloween, I CAN.

Should I make it either:
A) red corduroy with white corduroy for the spots
B) nice red cotton with white corduroy for the spots
C) red cotton with white cotton for the spots
D) something else

Also, it just needs to be a simple, roundish skirt that is pretty round with a crinoline.

So...patterns would be good.

AND! I was going to make some white underskirts to go underneath and sew them into the inside for extra poof in case it's too hot at school to wear the crinoline.

And...advice on making a yolk? I have a button foot on my new machine, don't know how to use it, but I'll figure it out.

User Image
User Image

http://lolita-handbook.livejournal.com/1955.html#cutid3

There's a bib tutorial in there somewhere. You can just.. sew it onto a blouse, or whatever.

There are also tons of links there for skirts and other things.

I would say red cord with white cotton. I love cord. biggrin But I think if you doubled up cord it would look strange... though, you could but have the cord going in diagonal directions... if you did cord on cord don't make it line up. That'll look nifty, I think.

I've got a skirt tutorial: it's on the first page, I think. It's a round-ish skirt. If you wanna use that. You don't have to have the bottom ruffle. ^__^

Heyy
Anyone know where to get good red lolita shoes?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff