Welcome to Gaia! ::

Interstellar Astronaut

27,775 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
I have a presentation later this week and I need to make pseudo-theatre curtains. I'm presenting in a classroom though, so I'm going to be hanging the curtains from a pull-down projector screen.

I have no idea how to keep them there though, so could someone please help me out? Maybe a simple knot that I can tie, or some kind of simple hook mechanism?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I don't need them to stay open, just as long as someone can get behind them easily so I'm going to cut them open 3/4 of the way up and sew above the cut so it doesn't tear.

Dapper Mage

7,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Brandisher 100
You could just get hooks that fit over the projector screen. Or you could attempt just throwing it over, just get a very long piece of fabric so that you have enough weight so that it doesn't slide off. Or get part of it over the projector (when it is rolled all the way up) and then safety pin it.

If you can’t use the projector (I know they can be kind of delicate and very expensive) you could make a simple frame from cheap plastic piping. Then just make curtains how you normally would.

Interstellar Astronaut

27,775 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
TheSkysRose
You could just get hooks that fit over the projector screen. Or you could attempt just throwing it over, just get a very long piece of fabric so that you have enough weight so that it doesn't slide off. Or get part of it over the projector (when it is rolled all the way up) and then safety pin it.

If you can’t use the projector (I know they can be kind of delicate and very expensive) you could make a simple frame from cheap plastic piping. Then just make curtains how you normally would.

Thank you! I tried something similar to the safety pin idea and it worked like a charm. emotion_c8

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff