10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image
|| your words in my head, knives in my heart ||
▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀XX||XX▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀

Dear ________,

I would formally like to extend an invitation to attend Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters.

A school dedicated to the teaching of students with special gifts and talents. To the public, this is assumed to be especially talented young children. However, this is all a façade. The school is dedicated to gifted youngsters, though in private they are referring to the natural phenomenon that the world knows to be mutants, those who are born with a mutated X gene that gives them unique abilities. The school is set up to guide those with this mutation and help them harness and control their power so that they may safely enter and converse with society without fear of losing control and causing harm and destruction.

We have been watching you and we know that you possess a mutated gene and so would like to extend and invitation to you join our school. Whether it be a teacher bent on the school of youngsters or a student wishing to learn control, all mutants are welcome here.

We hope to see you soon.

Sincerely,
              Gabriel Jean Marcelin, Headmaster

This is the letter sent out to any student suspected possessing the mutated x gene, the mutation responsible for gifting people with extraordinary, and often odd or dangerous, powers, and has been sent out since the institutes founding. While the outside world fights and debates, wondering over the safety of mutants and what to do about them, little has changed at Xavier'. Even the headmaster has remained the same, though that has more to do with the fact that he is well liked and his mutation has made it impossible for him to age.

But change is coming to Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters, whether people like it or not. Because they debate has finally been settled, at least politically. Mutants possess the same rights as normal people. As far as the law is concerned, they are to be treated as normal people. The law is tentative for now; there are definitely more than a few people still concerned, wary, disgusted, or a mixture of all when it comes to mutants. And the feeling is mutual; many mutants are used to hiding away from the humans that hate them, to the point that the hate is mutual.

To foster good relations, and to prove as a sort of test that the two people can get along, Xavier's is opening its doors for the first time to humans. Four students and four faculty, all non-mutant, are being welcomed into the Institute to learn/teach alongside their mutant companions. The stakes are high: if the humans and the mutants can get along its another step towards peace. If they can't, it just might be the final strike some might need to start an all out war with the mutants

Keep on your toes. Class is in session.

|| you build me up and i fall apart ||

Romantic Noob

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image

ԍoddess σf τhe τhread// ZeroToHeroInNoTime
            ιnspiration// Marvel's X-Men series
            iteracy// Advance Literate (500 word minimum)

User Image User Image User Image

Romantic Noob

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image

XXXXXԍeneralXX

Yes, I'm writing the rules in paragraph form. I'll try to keep them short and sweet as not to bore you, so stay with me! Though, I don't blame you if you skip down ahead; most of this is boring. Just be sure to read this later.

First off, please obey Gaia's ToS. Yes, it's very obvious but I feel I gotta mention it anyway. You're average roleplay rules will also apply here. No god modding, no auto hitting, etc etc. Please keep this PG-13 rated. Swear to your hearts content, but please skip ahead if you're charecters are heading towards the bedroom (you know what I mean). You should know all these by now! I, ZeroToHeroInNoTime (though you can just call me Zero), am Goddess of the this thread and therefore have the final say in everything. If I say no to something, please don't fight me on, just do what I say. Lucky for you, I'm not too picky and this shouldn't be a problem. Please feel free to come bother me questions and things like that. I love suggestions, so if you have an idea you would to incorporate, just send me a PM and we can chat about it!

XXXXXρostingX

If you didn't read in the first post, this is a advance literate rp. By that I mean about a 500 word or 3 fat paragraph minimum. And I do mean minimum, as in you're having an off day and that's all you can manage to put out. On average, I want to see about 700 words or 5 paragraphs on average. As you can see, I'm not the best coder in the world, but I do ask that you attempt to make your posts pretty. I require that you, at the bare minimum, provide the charecters name and photo in every post but feel free to pretty them up as much as you want. Please bold what the charecters are saying and italicize what they are think when you post as well. Keep ooc chatter to the OOC thread.

XXXXXąpplyingXX

Yes! The part I know the lot of you have all probably skipped down to. To begin, please head towards the Application link at the top. In there, you will find the coding for reserves. Please fill them out and post them in the app. I will not hold spots while you fill out a reserve. When I have accepted your reserve, you may begin working on your profile. If you derped around in the APP, you'll have noticed that there are other codes in there and I bet you can guess what they're for. Begin a thread, titled whatever you like, and use each of the links for posts in that thread. This will be you're profile. When you are done, please post a link to the profile for me in the APP thread. When I have accepted that, you'll be all done and you can start roleplaying in the thread! You have three days after I accept the reserve to finish your profile. If I do not see your profile on time and you have no excuse for me, I will open the spot up for another person. You can still get your spot back, but only if it is not already reserved. As far as pictures go, please use real life people for your pics (I reserve the right to ask you to change your model). I will allow people to make as many characters as they wish, though you should be the one to limit yourself to only the amount you can handle. Don't overload yourself. Also, no cannon characters. They are not even to be mentioned on a side note. Storm is not away at the moment and Wolverine is not friends with so and so. Same universe, but the original X-Men characters will be conveniently absent. I would like this to be our story.

XXXXXσtherXX

Stay with me now, we're not done yet! If I have any rules that I have forgotten, I will edit this post and put the new rules in this section and inform all of you in the OC as well. Please chat and plot with the other rpers to determine relationships between other charecters. Stay away from love at first sight and all that jazz. Relationships take time to grow and I want them to build during the course of the rp. I'm not a grammer nazi, but please try to spell things correctly(spell check is a wonderful tool) and use proper grammer. Please try to post at least once a week, preferably more. I know I have a ridiculously busy schedule, so I understand if you have trouble getting on sometimes. If for some reason you can not post once a week, please send me a pm letting me know the situation. Otherwise, I will open your role to somebody else. I will also open the role to somebody else if they don't meet the literacy requirements often enough. Most importantly, please have fun and enjoy yourself!

Romantic Noob

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image

XXXXXthe ştaff X

▐▐ ►» the ALIAS :: position → FULL NAME
              User Image
            XXXXX AGE || GENDER || SEXUALITY
            ▐|| GOOD TRAIT X▐|| BAD TRAIT X▐|| GOOD TRAIT X ▐|| BAD TRAIT
                POWER;; explanation of mutation

Romantic Noob

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image

XXXXXthe şTUDENTS X

▐▐ ►» the ALIAS :: position → FULL NAME
              User Image
                POWER;; explanation of mutation

Romantic Noob

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Regular 100
▐▐ ►» ALIAS IN ALL CAPS :: position, student or staff (if staff, please state job ex. headmaster, janitor, etc), in all lowercase → FULL NAME IN CAPS
    User Image
      MUTATION/POWER IN ALL CAPS;; Short blurb about your character's power.

[size=20][color=dimgray][b]♕[/b][/color] [color=color1]█[/color]▐▐ ►» ALIAS IN ALL CAPS :: position, student or staff (if staff, please state job ex. headmaster, janitor, etc), in all lowercase →[/size] [size=15]FULL NAME IN CAPS[/size][list][img]please place you're charecter picture here. I want it to be 350 x 150 with a drop shadow[/img][/list][size=13][color=white]XXXXX[/color] AGE [color=color1]||[/color] GENDER [color=color1]||[/color] SEXUALITY
[color=color1]▐||[/color] GOOD TRAIT [color=white]X[/color][color=color2]▐||[/color] BAD TRAIT [color=white]X[/color][color=color1]▐||[/color] GOOD TRAIT [color=white]X[/color] [color=color2]▐||[/color] BAD TRAIT[/size][list][list][size=11][b]MUTATION/POWER IN ALL CAPS;;[/b] Short blurb about your character's power. What it is, limitations, etc.[/size][/list][/list]

Romantic Noob

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Regular 100
▐▐ ►» DOCTOR :: headmaster → GABRIEL JEAN MARCELIN
    User Image
XXXXX ROUGHLY TWENTY FIVE || MALE || HETEROSEXUAL
▐|| THOUGHTFUL X▐|| OPINIONATED X▐|| HONEST X ▐|| QUIET
      REGENERATION;; body will constantly regenerate to fix and heal all injuries to maintain a perfect condition. This mutation also halts the ageing process and, essentially, grants immortality (that is known; it is impossible to tell when the process will stop, if ever).
      HEALING;; using bodies own energy, can fix and heal all conditions of others through touch. The newer and less lifethreatening the condition, the faster it heals. Old injuries or scars take longer and the longest take disabilities. Disabilities and other old or fatal conditions can leave mutant temporarily drained of energy.
      MUTANT RECOGNITION;; can locate other mutants that are near and recognize their powers. This ability is limited to about a thirty yard radius.

▐▐ ►» SIREN :: student → ELSA PIERCE MARCELIN
    User Image
XXXXX EIGHTEEN || FEMALE || HETEROSEXUAL
▐|| INTELLIGENT X▐|| SARCASTIC X▐|| CONFIDENT X ▐|| BLUNT
      VOICE MANIPULATION;; Can control others with their voice. Power only works while user is speaking; manipulation on others disappears once the user becomes silent. Currently uncontrollable and will cause anybody that hears voice to obey commands even if unintended. Can unintentionally injure those with strong wills that try to disobey.
      THOUGHT TRANSFER;; Can project thoughts, feelings and visions to others. Can not read minds, but can occasionally read the emotions of others. Mutation not fully developed.
      ENHANCED FLEXIBILITY;; Flexibility is beyond human average, can stretch and contort past normal averages.
      ENHANCED LUNG CAPACITY;; Can go longer periods of time without needing to draw air. Still needs to breath, but length between breaths can be extended. Current limit is ten minutes.

Romantic Noob

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image

This is ԍσşρєℓ for the ƒąℓℓєη σηєş
ℓσςкє∂ away in ρєямąηєητ slumber
ąşşємbℓιηԍ τɦєιя ρɦιℓσşσρɦιєş
From ριєςєş of вяσкєη мємσяιєş

User Image

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

The morning for the first day of school started off as any other for Doctor. He was up early, showered, dressed, and was sitting at a desk with a cup of coffee pouring over paper work before his daughter was even up. Since Xavier's was a safe haven on top of an academy for mutants, students didn't pay to go here. But teachers still had to be paid and there were various repairs always needing to be made and food to be bought. The money to pay for all this had come from previous headmasters, all who left substantial fortune behind once they had left their position. In olden days, this money they had inherited from their parents, but as time passed these fortunes sometimes came from donations or the running of various side businesses. Gabriel himself had brought along his own income, several patents and money from medical discoveries that he had made over the years. Not to mention that the school itself owned several patents and discoveries. All this combined together, the school managed to get by. But somebody had to run all of it and manage all the accounts and, as headmaster, this job fell to Gabriel to take care of.

He was just finishing up for the day when he heard Elsa beginning to wake up. He turned and watched the girl stir, stretch and slowly come into consciousness. "Bonjour, ma petite sirène" he said cheerfully. As she was rubbing her eyes and gazing at him dazedly.

Bonjour, papa. He heard her reply not aloud, but in his mind as she sent the thought over to him. She rarely spoke aloud, always afraid of accidentally uttering a command, and chose instead to use her other mutation to communicate, to project her thoughts to others.

He turned and organized his mess while she slipped out of the bed. "Mieux se préparer. C'est le premier jour de l'école."

Oui, oui, je sais. Je vais exercer avant classe commence.

"Ok, mais ne pas être en retard pour la classe"

Oui, oh inquiète un she replied with only a slightly sarcastic tone as she slipped into the bathroom to change before grabbing some work out clothes and heading out. Vous voir plus tard, papa. she finally called out as she left. He chuckled softly to himself, amused by his daughter's attitude gathered his own things, and headed out the door shortly after her.

It was still a hour and a half before school began, and with most of his paperwork done, he was free for the morning. It looked like he had some time to kill before he opened up the new school year. He considered his options. He could head to the cafeteria to get breakfast. He usually stuck with just coffee, but a morning meal would be a better way to start the day. He could head to the library to read, but the thought of how many days he would be spending in there as the school year began quickly made that idea unpleasant.

Ah, the infirmary. He might as well see who had already injured themselves. Some students didn't go home for the summer, choosing to stay for 'summer school'. And the infirmary was always full of students; you would be surprised how often mutant children injure themselves(well, except the ones with healing capabilities like himself.

He made his way down to the infirmary and, sure enough, there were already two students waiting for him. One was a slight boy with sharp features and large tawny wings protruding from his shoulder blades, while the other had more normal features.The hawk boy was cover with large, painful looking bruises, while the average one had long thin cuts. Unfortunately, these two were regulars with Gabriel. He sighed as he closed the door behind him. "John, Matthew, what did you fight about this time?"

"John pushed me off the roof!" Hawk Boy declared in outrage, pointing at the other and giving the boy a nasty look."What does it matter, you can fly anyway!" "It doesn't mean I wanna take a dive off the roof first thing in the morning!" They argued, standing up and looking ready to go for round to.

"If you insist on fighting, wait till I've patched you both up and take it up in combat class." he sighed, stepping between the two of them before they could go at it again. He cast his gaze at the average looking boy. "John, I'm not sure what your reasoning was, but casting your brother off the roof is wrong. Further more, you shouldn't be using your strength to fight your own brother." He switched to the other one, who was beginning to look smug at his brother getting scolded. "Mathew, it doesn't matter that John started the fight, the point was that you continued it. While it was wrong, you should be the better man and let it go instead of using your talons to slice open your brother. Now, should I be preparing to see you two again later today?"

Sufficiently scolded, the brothers looked properly ashamed and both muttered a "No, Doctor" He nodded, pleased, and touched both of them on the arm. He felt the familiar warm sensation at his core that raced down both his arms and into the other two boys. The warmth targeted the bruises and cuts and had both healed with a minute.

He lowered his arms and inspected his handy work. "Ok, all done. Now it's the first day of school so don't get into too much trouble." he said as both boys left. Sighing, he sank into the desk chair as he felt a wave of tiredness wash over him. Healing always left him a little drained, depending on the injury. Luckily, these two weren't too bad today; they had once come in with broken bones and he had had to ask someone else to cover his class for that day so he could go rest. Today though, he should be fine to continue. He turned the chair toward the desk and began filling out the medical form for the incident.

ooc; Bonjour, ma petite sirene = Good morning, my little siren.
                                                      Bonjour, papa = Good morning, Dad.
                                                      Mieux se préparer. C'est le premier jour de l'école = Better get ready. It's the first day of school.
                                                      Oui, oui, je sais. Je vais exercer avant classe commence = Yes, yes, I know. I'm going to exercise before class begins.
                                                      Ok, mais ne pas être en retard pour la classe = Ok, but don't be late for class.
                                                      Oui, oh inquiète un = Yes, oh worried one.
                                                      Vous voir plus tard, papa = See you later, Dad.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ X X X

ηєvєя-∂σ-ωєℓℓş and ιηşuƒƒєяąвℓє вąşτąя∂ş
                                                      ςσηƒєşşιηԍ their ąρσşτąşιєş

Romantic Noob

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image

Can I ςℓєąя мү ςσηşςιєηςє,
If ι'м ∂郃єяєητ from the яєşτ,
Do I ɦąvє to яuη and ɦι∂є?
I ηєvєя şąι∂ that I ωąητ this,
τɦιş вuя∂єη ςąмє to мє

User Image

Elsa woke up as she usually did; early and to the sound of shuffling papers as her father shifted through paper work. As early as it was, he was up even earlier to take care of what needed to be done. Nobody could ever call her father a slouch. He seemed to hear her wake and turned toward her, flashing his usual loving smile and greeting her with his pet name for her: ma petite sirene or 'my little mermaid'. When she was younger, it was because she once declared she wanted to be a mermaid but as she had gotten older the name had stuck for it's too accurate description of her abilities.

As was their habit, they conversed in French with one another when others weren't present. While he was quite fluent in English, it was Gabriel's second language and he had always felt more comfortable in his home tongue. Thus he had made sure when Elsa was born that she learned French as well; she became bilingual during the same time she learned to talk.

She shifted out of the bed and gathered her usual gear together as they spoke and then bid him farewell before heading out the door. It was her personal habit to be up and at the gym to get her work out done before others arrived. One was because she liked to blast music and didn't want to bother anyone, but also because all her exercises focused on testing her enhanced flexibility. And, mutant or not, people always got freaked out when they saw her twisting in a way that would have snapped a normal person in half.

She arrived at the gym and got to work immediately. Her father had said don't be late and thus she wanted to get this done quickly so she would at least have time to eat before classes. She had several different sports and exercises, each one on a different day spread across the weak to keep her in shape and limber. Today happened to be yoga day so went through the motions of slowly stretching to the point where even she couldn't move any farther. And when she had held the position for the good amount of time, she would relax and set herself in another twisted position. She tried not to rush herself, to do things right (yoga was all about relaxing after all), but she honestly just wanted to be done so she could move on. She was never particularly a fan of yoga, it required more patience than she possessed, but it was best suited to her talents and thus she had added it to her list of exercises.

After what seemed like forever, she had finally finished going through all her poses and took a quick shower in the athletic locker rooms. She dressed in her clothes for school and pulled her still damp hair in a side ponytail, letting the dark curls hang over her shoulder. All set for the day, she was pleased to note that she still had time to satisfy her hunger so she headed to the cafeteria.

As expected for the first day, the cafeteria was bustling with the various mutants coming in for breakfast. It wasn't always this busy; once they got further into the school year and more people started sleeping in or coming to class late. She waited in line and snagged a plate filled with eggs benedict, her chosen breakfast of champions, and headed to sit down.

On her way to a table, she passed by a group of people still in line. It appeared as though a girl had bumped into a guy and two other people, another guy and girl, had stopped to help them out. She paused to observe the scene for a moment then glanced at the extra girl (she believed her name was Ira?). With her voice being as deadly as it was, she tended to rely on her ability to send thoughts to others for communication. Thus, she also tended to project them to anyone in the immediate vicinity even if she wasn't speaking directly at them, the same way anybody close by would here your conversation with others. So while the thought wasn't directed at them, she projected her thoughts to the group while focusing on the girl. 'It seems like she's fine; I don't think she needs three people to help her stand up.' she said plainly.

I'm σηℓү a мąη with a ςąη∂ℓє to ԍuι∂є me,
                                                      I'm taking a şτąη∂ to єşςąρє what's ιηşι∂є мє.
                                                      A мσηşτєя, a мσηşτєя, I've turned into a мσηşτєя.

Romantic Noob

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Regular 100
User ImageUser Image
                                                    ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉ ▉
                                                    xxxLETITGO!xxxLETITGO!xxxLETITGO!
                                                    xxxxxxxxxxxx let your ( troubles ) fall!BEHIND you
                                                    OUR.lives are m-made ⊱ in thesexxxSMALLhoursxxxxthese little w - wonders

these little wondersxxxthese little wondersxxxthese little wondersxxxthese little wondersxxxthese little wonders
                                                    these little wondersxxxthese little wondersxxxthese little wondersxxxthese little wondersxxxthese little wonders

xxxxxx&' its the H E A R T really MATTERS in the .END

Aislinn was, as usual, woke up long after the sun had risen in the sky. She was, by nature, a night owl and had always been so even before she started turning and working nights as a waitress. She just couldn't bring herself to be up earlier than nine in the morning. This particular morning was early for her. She blinked her grey eyes, clearing the last of the Sandman's influence, stretched and rose from her bed. It was June and warm, meaning she was human today. And with the weather only getting warmer, she would be so for the next few months. Her last summer before she became wolf and unable to recognize anything familiar.

The thought was sad, depressing, and so she thus refused to dwell on it. Pushing it aside, she showered, dressed and prepared herself and simple breakfast. As a habit, she made sure to check the weather as she ate; she at least wanted to know if she should be careful about turning or not. It was cool for summer and there was a chance of showers that would chill the air. She should be fine, but cautious. The last thing she wanted was to shape shift in front of the human. It would be rather hard to keep a secret that way.

But it was sunny and nice today, and she didn't have to work until later in the evening, so how to spend her day? After some careful thought, she decided on reading. Yes, she should get a new book and enjoy the sun. She finished her breakfast, cleaned up after herself, and slipped out her sandals before heading out her apartment.

It was nice and she lived close enough to the library that she decided to walk. The warmth of the sun brought up dim memories of when she was a wolf and it was actually some what nice, if cool, during the spring. She'd pick a patch of earth and lie out in the sun, letting her pale fur soak up suns warmth. She hated being cold and being a wolf didn't change that.

She arrived at the library in almost no time and strolled through the silent book cases, her fingers brushing the delicate spines. What to choose, what to choose. A novel on the upper shelves peaked her interest and she stretched up in an attempt to reach it. She was not a tall woman and her fingers just barely touched it. She could ask for help, or find a stool or something, but she was so close if she only reached out a little more then she was sure could get it down herself. She thought she finally had it and sharply tugged on the book. Along with the book of her choice, it's neighbors came tumbling down as well. She shielded her head as novels rained down up on her head.

"s**t..." she murmured under her breath as the books finally stopped coming down. She wasn't one to curse normally, but it seemed appropriate for the situation. Sighing, she kneeled down and began gathering the fallen books.

Romantic Noob

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image
                                xxxxx////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
                                && if i seem!〉dangerous xxwould you be ● S C A R E D ?
                                xxxxxx( EVERYTHING I TOUCH ISN'T DARK ENOUGH )xx━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
                                ↻! only a man ☇ ■■˟ with a CANDLE to guide me ██▒xxxxxxxxx
                                xxxxxxxxx↘ ESCAPE ♛⋮x WHAT'S INSIDE ME( A * » MONSTER )

Romantic Noob

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image

xxxx AISLINN ELIZABETH SAGE
xxxxxxxx TWENTY xxxx FEMALE xxx HETEROSEXUAL

xxxx RESERVED xxxx CARING xxxx PRACTICAL

xxxxxxxxx t h i s x i s x m e

Ash has always looked at life with a practical eye. As she ages and the fateful year that she turns into a wolf forever approaches, she finds herself growing more and more distant from the people that she had once called friend. Because how could she call herself their friend when she knows that she'll forget and never see them again? With a year to go, she finds herself breaking down all the things that connected her to human life, knowing that once she's wolf she won't remember any of it.

ZeroToHeroInNoTime

Romantic Noob

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image

sohma, hibiki

User Image
                              introduction

NAME ;
                                  Hibiki Sohma
                                  NICKNAMES;
                                  Hibiki, Hibi-chan(don't you dare), Sohma-Sensei, Shishou
                                  AGE ;
                                  Twenty
                                  GENDER ;
                                  Male
                                  SEXUALITY;
                                  Heterosexual
                                  WEIGHT;
                                  152 lbs
                                  HEIGHT;
                                  6 ft
                                  WHAT ANIMAL ARE YOU CURSED WITH?;
                                  the Rabbit
                                  RESIDENCE;
                                  Sohma Estate.
                                  OCCUPATION;
                                  Judo and Aikido Instructor; College Student (studying education, focus on history)

backstory

PERSONALITY TRAITS;
                                    Rude
                                    Unsociable
                                    Determined
                                    Proud
                                    Impatient
                                    Short Tempered
                                    Sarcastic
                                    Blunt
                                    Finicky
                                    Laid Back
                                    Honest

BIOGRAPHY;
                                  For the most part, Hibiki had a relatively normal childhood. Well, as normal as it gets when you're cursed in the Sohma family. Naturally, his parents freaked out when his mother held him for the first time and found herself with a bunny instead of her newborn son. They took it rather well though, considering. Yes it was freaky and odd and disturbing, but he was healthy otherwise right? So they attempted to treat him as normal as possible. There was the occasional transforming when he bumped into his mother and sometimes the memory eraser had to be called in when a girl from school hugged him, but otherwise the first few years of life for Hibiki were normal. He wouldn't realize till later how blessed he had been.

As Hibiki grew and was approaching his tenth year, his eyes began to fail. At first, it was just his peripheral vision. Then the things not straight in front him started to get fuzzy. Soon, it was like he was constantly looking through binoculars that were getting smaller and fuzzier with each passing day. And one day he just woke up to blackness. While losing his eyesight was upsetting, to say the least, his parents took it almost harder than he did. Bad enough to have a cursed child, but now the added trouble of him being disabled? They couldn't take it anymore. Refusing to raise him, Hibiki moved in with the closest relative willing to take him in; his aunt Sawako.

It was rough, those first few years, adjusting to his new condition. He became easily frustrated, annoyed, and snapped at just about everybody. He wallowed in self pity, missing the things that he could no longer see, missing the things that he could no longer do. Aunt Sawkao, luckily, wasn't the type of person to let him stay that way for long. She insisted that he get up out of bed, even when he didn't want to; she refused to let him wallow. It was she that helped him come up with ways to still continue on even without his eyes. He began to pull himself back together again.

As he began figuring out how to get along, his annoyance and frustration turned away from himself and was redirected toward other people. Here he was, able to figure out how to do things by himself and people insisted on treating him like he was helpless, like just because he couldn't see it meant that he couldn't do anything. It irritated him to no end. So he when people insisted that he couldn't do things like sports, he proved them wrong by taking up aikido and judo. He refused help from all sides except when he needed it and even then he resented that. He hated being pitied and gave no person an excuse to do so.

With this attitude, the years passed by rather normally. As he became better he eventually picked up the part time job of an aikido and judo instructor. And upon graduation of high school, he started attending a nearby college. He currently is attending there and is studying to be a teacher.

general

MENTAL HEALTH;
                                  Because of his disability, Hibiki feels the need to constantly have to prove himself. He will never ask for help and will actually insist that he doesn't need it when you try to assist him. He knows that something he just can't do on his own and he can't help but feel inferior and frustrated when such times come. He also has mild ocd (mostly because if he doesn't put things in the same place every time or things are left untidy then he either can't find them or he hurts himself tripping over things)
                                  PHYSICAL HEALTH;
                                  Hibiki suffers from complete blindness in both of his eyes. Due to this disability, his hearing and sense of surrounding is particularly keen. Other than his eyes, he's in peak physical condition exercising all the time.

extra

BONUS;
                                    He picked up Aikido and Judo because everybody told him he couldn't do it; he kept with it because he found he actually liked it.
                                    He's a rather good musician (he plays the taiko and piano), but he has no passion for it.

PETS;
                                  He's got a puppy, Maru. She's supposed to be a his seeing-eyes dog, but she's more a pet than anything else.
                                  RELATIONSHIPS;
                                  put here, these will be updated as needed

ZeroToHeroInNoTime

Romantic Noob

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image

ɦσℓ∂ ση, to me as we ԍσ.
As we яσℓℓ down this uηƒąмιℓιąя яσą∂.
And aℓτɦσuԍɦ this ωąvє is stringing us ąℓσηԍ.
Just кησω үσu’яє ηστ ąℓσηє.

User Image

Cass didn't understand why he was here in the first place. He had already done his time down on earth, lived his human life, dying in a tragic accident before making his way to heaven to live out his days as an angel. And that was where he was supposed to have stayed; heaven. But no, instead he had gotten aside to be guardian angel to some girl. They couldn't fool him though, he knew what kind of job this really was: baby-sitting. He had been sent back down to earth to baby sit while the other angels got to sit in glorious heaven. Where was the fairness in that?

And, to make matters worse, it just had to be a shitty day. Early this morning he had been in heaven, where the weather was as perfect as he was, and now he was in New York City, where the whether seemed to be mimicking exactly how he felt about the situation right now. Miserable. He didn't even get any of his angel powers, it was just like being a human again. He shivered a little as the breeze blew cool and crisp against his skin. He tugged his leather jacket tighter against his body. He vaguely remembered that he had been sensitive to the cold back in the day. "You couldn't have at least made it a little warmer? I'm freezing down here!" he muttered, casting a blue glare towards the sky.

He had to get out of here, back home. He had only been down on earth for maybe two hours (he couldn't be sure, his sense of time was all off) and already he was miserable. All Cass had to do was find this girl and help her, right? Make sure she doesn't commit suicide, guide her on the right path, etc etc. Whatever. The faster her got it done, the better. Then he could be back home in heaven, where he belonged, and simply right off this day as a waste of his precious, limitless time.

Turning up the collar of his jacket to block out the chill, he strolled down the street. He knew exactly what he was doing where he was going...ok, that was a lie, but nobody else needed to know that Castor had no idea even where to begin looking for this girl. New York City was a big city with millions of people. She could be frickin' anywhere. Ugh, this would take all day! Couldn't she have lived in a place with only, like ten people? That would make it a hell of a lot easier to locate her and get this stupid a** mission finished with so he could return to paradise, where he belonged.

But the question was, how? Where to start? A phone book, maybe? He had her name and face, so he could look her up and attempt to find him. No wait, he was in the twenty first century; Google was his best friend. No matter which way you looked at it though, he was going to have to resort to stalking methods. God was turning him into a stalker. And for some chick that he didn't even care about. "Thanks a lot." he muttered sarcastically to the heavens.

With not much other choices, he strolled into an internet café, purchased a steaming cup of coffee and sat down at one the computers to start his research.

The τяσuвℓє it might ∂яąԍ you ∂σωη,
                                                        If you get ℓσşτ you can ąℓωąүş be ƒσuη∂

Romantic Noob

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image
ι'м ғroм тнe ѕea

wнen we ғιrѕт ѕaιd нello, ι тold yoυ мy naмe waѕ
                                  LINNEA SIDONIE GUSTAFFSON

yoυ aѕĸed, ι тold yoυ ι waѕ
                                  TWENTY

yoυ looĸed ιn мy eyeѕ, and тold мe ι waѕ ѕo
                                  SARCASTIC || CHILDLIKE || CURIOUS || CLEVER || TIMID

вυт ι never goт тнe cнance тo тell yoυ мy ѕтory
                                  I suppose I am the sister that was least likely to swim away from home to go to land. Don't get me wrong, I had always been curious about what lay above the waves and past the shore. But I'll admit that I never quite had the courage to venture past the safety of the sea, wasn't confident enough to meet humans. I didn't have the confidence to meet new mer-people, let alone a creature that was so different from me. But my sisters all wanted to go explore the human realm so I tagged along. And that's where I met him. Love at first sight is so cliché, but that's what it was. After spending a few hours with him was enough to make me want a few more, if only so I could get to know him more. But the sea called and I couldn't quite stand the thought of not seeing him again for another seven years; seven years that he would have time to forget about me and meet some more intriguing and beautiful human. So, after much consideration, I suggested to my sisters (for they too wished to stay on land) the idea of going to the sea witch

---------------ZeroToHeroInNoTime

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces