Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Ah alone at last~

YOU'RE NEVER ALONE 1 100.0% [ 62 ]
Total Votes:[ 62 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 45 46 47

♛ `A L T H E N I A
                                    ▂ ▂ ▂ ▂ ▂ ▂ ▂ ▂ ▂ ▂ ▂ ▂ ▂ ▂ ▂ ▂ ▂
                                    YOU LOOK LIKE YOU'VE BEEN FOR BREAKFAST AT THE HEARTBREAK HOTEL
                                    ▂▂▂▂▂ ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
                                    tab ❝T-THE FUTURE❞

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                                              Initially Althenia was amused by Cecil's modesty, but as their conversation continued her heart dropped. Regular? It took her a moment before she knew how to respond. Every thing she had grown up learning was just thrown out the window. "B-But you are the chosen one! You are one of the last pods left- they did not find you! That has to be mean something!" She could hear her voice shaking, but whether it was from anger or sadness she was not sure. The regular male seemed so uncaring, so cold to the situation. It was beginning to look like her initial suspicions were suddenly confirmed.

Normally, Althenia was able to keep her emotions under control, but too much had happened to her on this day. She started out quietly, "no, no. Surely you are being too modest. You had to awaken at that moment for a reason." When the male's expression did not change, she quickly became upset, "no, see, you can't just be another human okay? You clearly do not understand what is going on here." She stood up pointing at random people in the distance, "that woman there, she has no one left. Her children were captured and killed by these aliens and her only solace was you. The hope that you would exact vengeance one day. That you were with them in the afterlife." She scanned the horizon for another person to further her point, "And that man there, he took care of your pod every day. He's spent more time with you than probably anyone! And his son, some of these people spend their lives telling great tales about the pod people. About the Gods." Nothing was appearing to change the situation much to her frustration. "And I... I have spent so much time talking to you. Didn't you hear...me? Didn't you hear us!?" There were so many instances from her childhood of sitting next to his pod crying about the reality of her life. When her people blamed her it was her only sanctuary since it was considered a holy place.

The silence was insufferable and she began backing away, her hand over her mouth, "you don't get to use those words like that. It is not just a whatever. We are humans and we believed in you." She could feel a lump in her throat forming and her pace picked up, "for your sake, I hope you're wrong and if you are, I will accept my punishment then." She didn't want to admit it, but she knew from the moment she had laid eyes on him he wasn't divine. We really are alone. There really is no one. With that thought she allowed a single tear before swallowing her disappointment.

A TIMESKIP TO THAT EVENING FOR REASONS?

"He is just a person, Althenia. Like you and me and everyone else! They might kill him from their sorrow if they find out the truth..."
                                              "Then that is the fate he is given by a real God. He does not care for our people as a fellow human. Even if we do continue to lie, they will find out eventually."
                                              "Did you forget what it was like to suddenly have expectations put on you? Do you not remember what they put you through when you could not meet them-"
                                              "I remember."
                                              "And he might not be completely useless. That pod had many things. Maps, several weapons, and other trinkets. We have to continue this game for a little longer, at least until we get to Ne'ork. Then he can ascend or leave or whatever he wants. We just need to use him as hope to get there first."
                                              "What makes you think he is even human? He could have been sent to us by the bastards themselves!"
                                              Zanni handed her an old photograph before continuing, "that is why. There are things here that I do not know how to use, but we have read of them in the old texts. He will know how to use them. He may not bless us, but he is still a blessing."
                                              Althenia was still not completely convinced by her brother's words. When she turned to leave he grabbed her hand, "hey. No one knew what was in that pod. You all worshipped the pod without knowing what was inside. What changed now? Because it was not what you expected? Grow up Althenia, it is just another disappointment you need to let go- that you all need to let go! You cannot control it so just deal with it."
                                              "And-" her brother emphasized, showing her another one of the small bombs in his hand, "he did save us. These were with him."

Looking over at Cecil in the distance, she hoped he would cooperate. Ignoring the crowd surrounding him with foods, she fought through and began leading him away. In a hushed voice she began, "look, you may not be a God. I know you are not as much as I wanted you to be. But a lot of these people lost everything just now. No matter what you may have said to them, it is not going to change their faith, especially today. You can try and tell them the truth, but I do not know how they will act. It really is no fault of yours, but when they are upset, they can do terrible things. Believe me." When they came to an isolated area she stopped, "we are just a small group, Ne'ork is much bigger. Surely others we did not know about have been woken up just like you. Maybe more of your people will be there." Finally she looked him in the eye and asked quietly, "you really do not remember anything? Not even from your time?" Handing him the picture she continued, "this was with you in the pod. Were these your people?"

Althenia wanted to apologize, but despite her words a part of her was still upset. There were few things she had believed in with all her heart and to find that one was a lie was difficult to deal with. She tried to take her mind off of it by asking Cecil questions to make him seem more human to her. "What did you do in you time? Was there anything to run from?" Althenia continued her random questions late into the night until she started falling asleep.
            User Image
                                                                M Y. A N C I E N T. K I N G D O M
                                                              CAME C R A S H I N G DOWN WITHOUT YOU BABY CHILD
                                                              tab tab I❜M L⊹ST WITHOUT YOUR LVE
                                                              -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                              D-DIAMOND SPARROW
                                                        ⊿ ┉ M Y ( M O O N L I T ) MAJESTY ° YOU KNOW I NEED YOU, COME FLYING BACK TO ME
                                                          ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
                                                                  THROUGH ALL OF MY LIVES
                                                                  I NEVER THOUGHT I❜D WAIT SO LONG FOR YOU
                                                          ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
                                                                    THE TIMING IS RIGHT, THE STARS ARE ALIGNED
                                                          tab vvv▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀

Noah. So it begins.

It was coming to Theodore's attention that there was something different about this human. Sure, she was possessed by a sin, but there was something else. Something more familiar about her on a level he couldn't quite focus his thoughts on. He was beginning to wonder whether it was just her, or if the other angels felt the same thing towards their charges. Is she a half-breed of some kind? He pondered, turning the ring on his finger and wishing he could just solve the mystery at once. It was a problem with becoming aligned with the element of Earth: he felt the need to question everything. Luckily he had the patience to keep it to himself.

Watching her interact with him, he found it hard to believe she was some embodiment at all. In fact, she seemed rather sweet. "I am not sure myself. I believe it is just one of those days when you feel so clueless you might as well have fallen out of the sky. I left so quickly I had forgotten my wallet and the rain simply didn't register to me until I was completely drenched." While other customers had tracked in a bit of water, Theo had contributed at least 60% of it. For wanting to not make himself noticeable, he wasn't doing a very good job of it.

As the smalltalk continued he began trying to guess which he was dealing with. Lust or Pride? She is attractive, but not forward enough. She had no problem paying again so I don't suppose it's Greed. Sloth? No, she looks as if she's been running even in this weather. Wrath- "Uh, excuse me? Miss? Can you add, say, ten of those scones to my order, please? Thank you so much!" Gluttony? After the order had been filled, they found a small table next to the window. Noah's words had taken Theo by surprise, he couldn't help blurting out his observation as they sat down. "You are very fit for your consumption rate."

The poor girl choked on the scone she had already begun consuming. "I did not mean to offend, I apologize again. It seems today is going to continue to not be my day." The embodiment of Gluttony. How interesting. When he was offered a scone he studied it closely, "I have never actually had a scone before, but I imagine it is delectable." In fact, there were plenty of foods Theo had never tried, but presumed they all tasted good. He tried to repress his amazement at the sweet taste of the pastry by examining it closer and mumbling to himself. "Perhaps it is the misleading crumbling texture..." Crushing a piece with his finger he continued his observations until the small talk once again drew him out.

Distracted, he gave her a literal answer to her work-related question. "My 'work' is to carry out the will of the Creator. I am a guardian to those who are in danger of falling prey to the sins of the Earth." The prolonged silence between the two of them caused him to look up from his mangled scone. Her question about how much the Creator paid caught him off guard again. Oh. "I am joking of course!" He laughed as sincerely as possible at this slip up. Not that it would have mattered what she thought of him anyways. He wasn't there to marry the girl, just look after her. "I work as a guard... in a library. The Creator apparently does not pay me enough seeing as I cannot even afford to buy you a replacement coffee." Yes. This can be salvaged. "I do sincerely feel bad about that. If it is not too bold, might I inquire your phone number?" This sounds completely normal. In theory Theo had a good, although rough idea of how Earth worked. He certainly knew more history than the humans, but how their society functioned was a different story.

Eventually they departed ways and Theo was left with a series of numbers. This went well. Better than expected. Stuffing the piece of paper into his jacket pocket, he sat for five minutes at the empty table before departing out into the rain again. It was easy to find Noah again, he always felt like he had an idea of which direction she was in. She got rather far rather fast. Even with long strides it was difficult to keep her in his eyesight and he soon began running after her.

Under normal circumstances Theo would have been able to understand all of these odd twinges he was getting, but being repressed was literally choking his ability to feel anything. There was a larger pulse in the distance that he knew was bad, but didn't know why much to his frustration. He couldn't go investigate it if it meant not being able to keep an eye on Noah, but at the same time, she had lasted all this time just fine without him. However, as fate would have it, he collided once more into her. This is going to take some getting used to.

A post where Theo thinks she's a halfling but doesn't even know and is derpy.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff