Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Ah alone at last~

YOU'RE NEVER ALONE 1 100.0% [ 62 ]
Total Votes:[ 62 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 45 46 47 > >>

Diana && Sonia

They had come a fairly far distance away from the nearest city or person they hoped. The two girls trudged along the snowy pathway, seemingly unaffected by the cold. Bags filled with packaged food were slung over their shoulders and the red-head haired girl carried a large bottle of water. "How far out are we going to go before we stop?" she asked her companion as they came into a small clearing. The other girl stopped and looked up at the sky, "I guess now, this is as good of a place as any." She swung her bag off her shoulder holding it against her leg, "Would you mind melting some of this snow though?"

It had been three days since they took off from their normal home if it could even be called a home. They were both orphans that remained unadopted for their entire young lives. Diana, the red-haired girl, was always impatient often getting into trouble with their caretaker and the other children. They say she was left on the doorstep in the middle of the night when she was only two years old. The other girl was named Sonia, but she was brought to the orphanage at the age of seven and retained memories of her old life. They became friends because they had no one and stayed together because they were everyone to each other.

Sonia was only eight months older than Diana, but rules were rules and once she turned eighteen, the orphanage would force her to leave and be alone again. The day before Sonia's birthday, the girls decided to depart on their own accord and ran away. Where they were going, they hadn't figured out, but they had to get away from everyone else. Not only was Diana seventeen, but there was something much more important that remained a secret from people. A secret that only the two girls knew and shared with each other.

Diana kicked the snow around her feet, clearing a small pathway to place her bags down as well as the water. "Alright, back up though, I don't want to burn you again." She took off her gloves and held out her hands, concentrating until a flame appeared. It was white for a moment and then it turned blue, "s**t, back up further!" Diana shook the flame off the palm of her hand, grabbing the bag and water before running away from the flame a bit. The blue flame sat in the snow, growing dim from the water, but it still managed to jump out into a circle of equally sized flames, and once more after a few seconds. The flames then shot upwards into a terrible blue pillar, smaller than usual because of the surrounding water. When she was satisfied with the clearing of the snow, Diana held out her hands again and the flames jumped to them before disappearing. "There. That should do the trick."

Sonia smirked at her remark, "You know as well as I do that I don't burn. I guess if you were really determined I might." She dropped her bag onto the newly found dirt pathway and sat on it. "Yeah well I don't want to find out what happens if you stand in the fire for long enough. We should probably get some wood or something to burn, I've never gotten the black color again." The white flame she could make in her hands always turned either red, blue or green, but once it turned into a really horrible black color. It would've been useful now, but she didn't want to risk it getting onto Sonia again.

They looked around their camp area and gathered up whatever sticks were on the ground. Dropping them in the center of the clearing, Diana motioned once again for Sonia to step away. Please be red. In her hands the white flame turned red and she shot a torrent of it out of her hands onto the firewood. The red flames burned hotter than normal fire, but consumed wood all the same. They huddled around the flames and Diana hastily attempted to opened one of the cans of beans to warm it up. Sonia sat at the other end of the fire, watching her companion struggle with the can. "Let me do it before you hurt yourself," she reached down taking the can and pried it open with a pocketknife. Handing the opened can back to the red-head she tried to retract the knife, cutting herself in the process, or at least she would have if her skin didn't suddenly harden where the cut should've been. Sighing she tried again, more carefully and the knife retracted back.

Although Sonia could survive a little bit longer than the average person without food or water, she still felt hunger and thirst all the same. Luckily for her, her skin had adapted to the cold and she felt warm even without the fire. She felt bad, as if she forced her friend to come with her because she had to leave the orphanage, but if the roles were switched she would've done the same. Before they left, she had decided she would eat twice a week so the food would remain available for Diana. They had planned to travel at least a few cities over so they wouldn't be caught and hopefully Sonia would be able to find work somehow so she could support both of them. Sonia watched the red flame flicker for a bit, the color bouncing off the surrounding snow made it look incredibly ominous.

Diana had finished eating her can and she hugged her legs to her chest, watching the fire intently. She guessed that Diana had felt guilty for dragging her out here, but she wasn't going to let her feel alone ever again. The trees overhead were thickly coated with snow and one of them finally gave way allowing a huge clump of it to fall right on top of the fire. With a loud, angry sizzle the flame was gone underneath the melted snow. The flame hadn't been big enough to burn through it. Diana screamed, but quickly she quieted down and slumped over onto the ground, breathing heavily.

Sonia ran over, "No, no, no! You're okay...You're okay!" This had happened before when they were younger kids and Diana showed Sonia for the first time that she could make a little flame appear. When Sonia swatted it in an attempt to extinguish it, Diana had grown very weak and passed out in front of her. She picked her friend's head up and placed it gently on her lap, "Can you hear me Diana?" The girl's eyes looked up at her and she nodded very weakly. I wonder if this will work. Sonia concentrated for a moment, laying her fingers on the fallen girl's sternum. At once, Sonia felt a horrible burning sensation in her chest, almost as if it were on fire, and a large amount of fatigue was flooding into her.

Diana felt normal again and she moved away from Sonia's hands before hugging her. "I don't know what you think you're capable of, but stop it before you leave me alone." Sonia smiled weakly, when she opened her eyes again, there was someone a little ways off aiming a rifle at them. "Oh god, no!" She tried to get up and drag Diana with her, but she was so exhausted she ended up crawling and tugging at Diana. They managed to stumble behind one of the larger tree trunks and she shouted again "D-don't shoot us!" Diana was ready though, even though she had never killed anyone or thought of killing anyone, she wasn't about to let someone harm her or Sonia. She waited for the person to come into her sights again so she could unleash hell onto them if they tried anything.

Diana && Sonia

Sonia sat resting up against the tree breathing heavily and trying not pass out from exhaustion. Out of the corner of her eye she watched Diana preparing herself to attack their potential attacker. Sonia reached out, grabbing her friend's wrist, "If you hurt them, I don't know if I can help them." Diana shot her a glare and whispered, "You want to heal someone that's trying to kill us? That alone is going to get us killed!" The little distraction had given their possible attacker time to move closer to them into the clearing. "Stay away from us, I'm warning you!" Diana yelled from behind the tree.

Diana dared to glance at the stranger, finding a red-haired boy standing next to their bags that they had left in the clearing. He had stopped taking aim at them and claimed he wasn't going to hurt them, but she remained wary of him, especially now that Sonia was too weak to run from him. Even if she managed to burn him, there had to be someone else out here with him; he still seemed young. The last thing they needed was a family hunting after them. They had managed to keep their powers secret from everyone thus far, the last thing they wanted was some jerk reporting them to the government or something.

The boy continued to speak, informing them a blizzard was heading their way. Diana's heart sank, while she could keep herself warm with the fire, but the blizzard could extinguish any flame she made and then she'd be just as weak as Sonia was now. Sonia would naturally be okay, but Diana still worried about the possibility that her powers would run out one day and she would cease to be adaptable.

Diana looked out from behind the tree and watched the direction the boy disappeared to. He had offered up his shelter to them, but Diana remained overly cautious. Sonia turned and tugged at Diana's sleeve, "We need to take him up on his offer. We'll die out here otherwise. I don't know if even I can survive a blizzard." The boy spoke once more before disappearing behind the trees, introducing himself as Kevin Carter. Diana bit her lip and turned to Sonia, "What if he saw us earlier. What if he wants to report us to someone and they separate us? We can't just trust some complete stranger we ran into in the wilderness." Sonia sighed, "We'll just have to be careful. I think we can escape if he tries anything funny. There's no where else for us to go right now, Diana. He seemed sincere enough." Yet Diana still wasn't convinced, "He's still a stranger. People aren't just nice out of the kindness of their hearts. You have to know that!"

Sonia steadied herself on the tree and stood up slowly. "It's a chance I'm willing to take if it keeps you out of this blizzard." Hobbling over to her bag she picked it up and followed the footprints in the snow. Diana stood up reluctantly and followed her, grabbing the rest of their little belongings. They walked for a bit, following the prints until they came across the cabin that was spoken of. "Are you sure you want to do this, Sonia?" Sonia smiled weakly, and continued walking towards the cabin.

When they reached the cabin door, Sonia reached to knock on the door when it suddenly opened by the smiling red-haired boy. He welcomed them in and they slowly walked into the warm cabin. Sonia mustered up her strength and smiled back, "Thank you for your kindness. We apologize for imposing on you." Diana followed closely behind her without saying anything to Kevin. When Sonia reached a couch she placed her belongings down and realized there was an exact replica of Kevin except he had blue hair instead. She smiled warmly at him before leaning back onto the couch, "My name is Sonia and this is Diana. We are very lucky you found us and warned us about the incoming blizzard. Again, thank you for offering to share your shelter with us for the time being." Diana sat next to her eyeing both of the boys waiting for one of them to move. She spoke again, "Do you happen to know when the storm will pass so that we may not burden you?"

User Image

Pierce Klein
                                                Don't you dare call me Lucian.

Lucian ran his fingers through his hair, "Oh, uh, sorry to bring it up then." The strange man seemed distressed at the mention of the jewelry shop owner. Lucian had seen him once or twice around town and didn't think much about him either. Sheep were really only good for one thing and that was slaughter. Lucian smirked at the thought.

He supposed that demons and such existed, but all the magic in the world never kept war from ravaging the lands. What good was magic if it couldn't solve all the pain out there? The town had a few strange entities, but they seemed like average everyday people. It's not that Lucian didn't believe in magic as much as it was he didn't believe in it being overly amazing.

Creeping carefully around the forest he plucked at the herbs while Emir continued to speak. "That's an interesting philosophy. You sayin' you don't feel like you belong anywhere or somethin'?" Stopping for a moment he watched the strange man make hand gestures as he spoke. Fancy and strange. Weird people live in this place.

Even picking herbs was a fancy ordeal for the strange man. After plucking some from the ground he returned to Lucian and dropped them in the basket. "I think one more and that should be enough for the week." Not a lot of people bought the entire root, they usually picked up a few leaves and even then, few people bothered with the herb. He began walking around again thinking about how to answer Emir's question.

"I'm from a pretty far away city. Came across Solomon early this past Spring and just been here since. I think it's a fairly quiet town. Nice place to live." At last he spotted one more root and plucked it out of the ground. "I think I got enough here, thanks for your help." Turning around he began to head back the direction they had come from, "What're you up to for the rest of the day? Seein' as you travel and all it must be nice not to have to stick around in a stationary shop all day."

Company: Strange guy.
              OOC: I need to make a real post layout .-.

Lydia โœž
โ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌ

โœ–โœ– you could be my ice-age sugar
    โœ–โœ– lay me down and make me s h i v e r
    โ‹ฐโ‹ฑf e a t h e r
                          x xโžถf l o a t i n gโ‹ฐโ‹ฑโ‹ฐ
                    โžถblow me like a

User Image
    โ™” โˆž โ™›
    ANDWE'LLBEDARK
        xWE'LLBEDARK
        xWE'LLBEDARKFOREVER

โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜ โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜
โ• โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•ฉโ•ฉโ•ฆโ•ฉโ•ฉโ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•ฃ
โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“ โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“ โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ•‘โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“ โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“ โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“
โ–“โ–“โ–“ โ–“โ–“โ–“ โ–“โ–“โ–“โ•‘โ–“โ–“โ–“ โ–“โ–“โ–“ โ–“โ–“โ–“
โ–“โ–“ โ–“โ–“ โ–“โ–“โ•‘โ–“โ–“ โ–“โ–“ โ–“โ–“
โ–“ โ–“ โ–“โ•‘โ–“ โ–“ โ–“
โ†“

Lydia was exhausted and thoroughly frustrated at this point. Humans didn't make sense to her nor did her fellow angel. It seemed as if any action she did was wrong no matter her intentions. Once again she had been reprimanded for something she believed was the correct thing to do. At once she departed the cafeteria as well, remember to grab her bag as she left the mess behind. The rain had picked up and was falling heavier than when she first entered. Human emotions are are so fickle.

She continued feeling troubled as she walked down the dorm hallway into her room. Jamming the key into the door hole she flung the door open, the hinges groaned at the force, before slamming it behind her. The room was still empty leaving her to throw a rare tantrum. Dropping her food stained bag on the floor and grabbing some new clothes from her dresser, she walked into the bathroom, slamming the door behind her. After undressing she looked at herself in the mirror, all kinds of remains clung to her and she felt disgusting. Turning on the shower, she sat in the bathtub and leaned her head back, letting the water wash away everything in her hair. She ripped the soiled gauze off of her arm and let out another frustrated noise.

What am I supposed to do? What is the correct thing here? I was not made to care about fragile emotions of humans. Water continued running down her, stinging the wound on her arm. Lydia hadn't cared about another person or creature in so long she had forgotten how to respond properly to anything. She tried to relate back to being a human and what she had gone through, feelings of fear and happiness, but she was too upset to think clearly. Her wound continued to sting at every movement she made.

Angrily she tossed her bracelet aside onto the bathroom floor and sat with her knees against her chest in the small bathtub, at this moment she didn't care if she could be sensed anymore. No one could see her anyways. You could only last three days. At once her large gray wings emerged from her and she felt all of her powers returning. The wound on her arm began healing and no longer stung when she moved. After sitting there for about five minutes she turned the water off. She could feel everyone around her in the dorms, it was a little bit overwhelming how many demons and human souls she could sense. Somewhere off in the distance was Archimedes and even farther off were the nephilims.

Stepping out of tub she stretched out her long wings, shaking off the water droplets. Little gray feathers fell from them onto the floor around her. She examined her arm and found it to be completely healed, there was no trace of it ever existing. Sighing, she picked up her bracelet, running her fingers over the metal before placing it back onto her wrist. Her wings disappeared and she was able to dress again. After cleaning up the mess she had made she walked into her room and picked up the book she should've grabbed earlier and began reading it. I will never find someone.

โœ‚โ”… โ”… โ”… โ”… โ”… โ”… โ”… โ”… โ”… โ”… โ”… โ”… โ”… โง

IT'S NO SURPRISE x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x xA LADY OF THE SWORD
                  SHE HAD SPIKY JAGGED CLAWS. SHE'S SUCH A WRAITH,

โœ˜OOH, I DON'T WANNA SEE YOU

Cause baby boy I don't wanna hear you...

Thoughts: I don't understand.
Company: No one
OOC: something needs to happen so she can stop pouting x:

User Image

๏ฝ๏ฝ‹๏ฝ‰๏ฝ’๏ฝ๏ฝ‹๏ฝ‰๏ฝ”๏ฝ“๏ฝ•๏ฝŽ๏ฝ - - - โ†˜โ†˜

I SHAKE MY HEAD TO SAY โ—† EVERYTHING'S JUST GREAT!
            OH, I DON'T SEE IT THAT WAY โ—† I DON'T SEE IT THAT WAY...

I S A Y THE R I G H T {THINGS}X X X X X
                                  BUT ACT THE WRONG {WAY}X X X X X
                                        I L I K E IT R I G H T {HERE}
                                        BUT I CANNOT {STAY}

Thoughts: HOLY ******** I HATE FIRE
    Company: I DON'T KNOW
    OOC: Akira is destructive omg. i also don't know the cure to his problem

โ–ฌโ–โ–โ– โ–ˆ โ‡™ โ‡™ โ‡™ โ‡ฉ โ‡“ โ‡ฉ โ‡˜ โ‡˜ โ‡˜ โ–ˆโ–โ–โ– โ–ฌ

Just as Akira figured, he wouldn't be getting an answer to whether or not his neighbor was okay. When he walked outside the dorm he found Arc running back inside, stating that Jer was ill and there was no time to explain. Arc went passed him into the open room and Akira mumbled to himself, "Yep figured as much." Well now that the cafeteria is out of the question and it's raining harder, maybe I should just stay in my room and study. I don't know if I have the energy to fight the rain right now. He reached into his pocket searching for his key when suddenly there was someone yelling and a door flew open a little ways down the hall. Akira looked over and found a boy on fire.

Rushing over, Akira didn't have time to think about the consequences and could only focus on making the fire go away. Normally he would've stayed away from it, but he wasn't about to watch the boy burn to death. The boy had managed to get the flaming clothes off and they sat in a pile in the middle of the hallway. Without foresight Akira called the little fire towards him. After a moment and a few strange movements, the flame jumped into him, burning his hands slightly. "Oh god! What the ********?!" It didn't dawn on Akira that he could only absorb his own flames without pain. Any other fire truly hurt him and he was paying the price now.

The worst part was he could feel the flames burning inside of him. He could no longer tolerate the pain he felt and began screaming, scratching at his chest. His hands weren't completely burned, but they hurt nonetheless. When that ceased to fix the problem he attempted to call the flame out of him, but instead a much larger than usual black substance sat in the center of the hallway before lighting up, burning ominously without moving. Again the burning wasn't relieved, panicking he called the black flame back to him and tried again, this time a much larger orange ball, approximately the size of a basketball formed and began to erratically move through the air.

Arc had come out of his room a little while ago and it nearly hit the poor boy in the head before veering off and slamming into the wall of Iyari's room. Akira sat in the hallway, yelling and ripping at his chest once again. After whizzing out of Iyari's room the ball headed straight for a girl with pigtails. Before it could connect with her, Akira held his hand out and the ball returned to him. "It keeps burning...Someone....make it STOP!" Every part of him burned, but other than his hands there was nothing to suggest it.

โ•”โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„ โ–ฌ โ–ฌ โ–ฌ
                            โ•‘OH MAN, CAN'T YOU SEE, I'M NERVOUS SO PLEASE,
                            โ•‘PRETEND TO BE NICE, SO I CAN BE MEAN
                            โ•‘I MISSED THE LAST BUS I'LL TAKE THE NEXT TRAIN
                            โ•‘I TRY, BUT YOU SEE, IT'S HARD TO EXPLAIN
                            โ•šX X X โ–ฌ โ–ฌ โ–ฌ โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„

Diana && Sonia

When the two twins disappeared into another room, Diana turned quickly to Sonia, her eyes widening, "I told you this was a terrible idea! Once you get better we are getting the hell out of here." Diana had always been the more paranoid of the two and found she trusted no one except for Sonia. In the hardest of times she had always relied on Sonia to make the decisions, but now she wasn't so sure she was making the right one. Other than the crackling from the fire, she couldn't hear what conversation the twins were having, not even a murmur. Sonia looked wearily at her, "If that's what you really want we will leave, but I honestly think we need to give this a chance. I didn't say we had to trust everything they do or save, but we're going to die out there if that blizzard is as bad as he said."

"Sometimes I wonder how you're the older one. You act like a child! You don't think things through! If something is too good to be true then it probably is! Let's face it: he might've saw us and he might tell someone. We've already been cooped up in that orphanage our whole lives. I don't want to be in a lab holding cell somewhere in the middle of nowhere." Diana's whispering had become harsh and she was breathing heavily.

Sonia didn't bother to turn, keeping her eyes focused on the fire before speaking calmly, "If you think that I don't think things through I wonder how much about me you really know. I've weighed the options and right now, this is the best choice we have. Even if I don't eat the rations we will run out before we reach the next major city. If need be we will rob them and we will get out, but no one here is going to die." Turning her head she stared into Diana's eyes, "Including them. I have a plan to get out of here if we need to leave quickly. We'll talk about it later."

They would probably be able to survive the wildness if they stopped at every small town to pick up supplies, but they would surely run out of money and would have to result to thievery. Diana was wary about this since they could get caught stealing and then they would find out she ran away. However, Sonia saw that it may eventually become necessary for their survival and wasn't entirely against it. They just wouldn't get caught; that was the simple fact Sonia recognized. After all, there was no other option that would be good for them. If it came down to it, she wasn't sure if Diana could kill someone.

After a little while the door opened and the boys returned from the other room. The blue haired one came over to the couch, studying them for a moment before speaking. "We are not weak and we will leave soon enough," Diana's brow wrinkled as she stared up at the boy. Sonia sighed and intervened, "Diana. They already know. We cannot deny it any further." She looked up at the boy and spoke, "These things aren't exactly something we can explain or show you on cue. You can take what your brother saw as real. As my friend stated, we will leave you soon enough."

From behind them Kevin spoke up, introducing his brother as Jeremiah. Under her breath Diana muttered, "Oh something is going to happen alright..." Her hand was tightening into a fist, but Sonia caught her and placed her hand over the first. Smiling she turned to look at Jeremiah who had gone back to the other couch, reading a book as if nothing had happened. With a scowl, Diana began to question Kevin, "If you knew there was a blizzard why are you guys still here? You don't look like you live out here."

Sonia took the temporary distraction as a reason to glance around the room they were in without turning her head too much; she had kept her head fcaing the fire. Indeed, the only way out was the way they came in and several floorboards creaked between here and the doorway. If they needed to get out, Diana would have to leave first. She was certain Kevin had seen the fire that Diana had made and the healing she had done, but they didn't know she could adapt quickly to any harm about to be done to her. If anything Diana could torch the place and I could walk out.

When the conversation ceased, she turned from the fire to Kevin and laughed, "Now that my friend has thoroughly interrogated you, I think we should do something to repay your hospitality. If you haven't eaten yet, I volunteer her to cook for you guys. Despite her mouth, she's pretty decent at making a meal." Diana shot a glare at Sonia who only smiled in response. What is she planning?

User Image

BUT I CANNOT {STAY}

Thoughts: Don't look at me...
    Company: A lot of people.
    OOC: He's gonna live O: I think he was knocked out for like 3 minutes maybe?

Akira sat on the floor with his head tilted back against the wall screaming in agony. The fire continued to burn him internally, but there was still no visible source. His mind was racing as he shuddered against the wall trying to figure out what to do. He had hoped that he would just pass out from the pain, but still he remained conscious. He roared at whoever was in the hallway, "DON'T JUST STAND THERE, HELP ME!"

In that moment Jer had appeared out of his room, stumbling down the hallway running over to him and tackling him on the ground. While Jer may have been trying to help him, Akira was flailing around trying to get away from the burning. When Jer finally managed to get a hold onto the screaming boy, there was instant relief from the fire. A coldness was beginning to overcome him and he could feel himself growing numb. The last thing he saw was the crazed expression on Jer, small horns extending form his head. "You had better not die..." Akira could feel himself losing consciousness, his limbs were stiffening and he couldn't move. He ceased to scream, but his eyes widened and began to roll to the back of his head.

Flashback

"Oh...That's the Kitsuna boy that burned down all those houses last week...No no, the younger one."
            "What?! They let him stay? He can't even control his own power!"
            "Well it's not like the elders could just exile the Kitsunas, they've been here forever! Just 'cause their kid isn't talented doesn't mean they're not."
            Akira looked down and continued to trail behind his brother, listening to everything the people were saying about him. "C'mon don't listen to them. No one got hurt real bad." Akira's brother stopped walking and kneeled down, holding his shoulders and continued to try and calm him, "It was an accident. People make mistakes all the time." His brother was still bandaged from the burns he received and some his hair still remained singed.
            The two boys had to walk through the crowded marketplace in order to get home from school, but it wasn't exactly easy after the events of last week. Akira continued to look at the ground as his brother spoke to him. After a while the voices grew quieter and he could feel himself being led away from the marketplace into the dirt pathway. "We'll just go around them, they're all stupid anyways. When we get home we'll practice and we'll show them!" Akira stopped walking and looked up teary eyed at his brother, "No! I will never be able to control it ever. I don't want to destroy...and if I never use it then it'll never happen again!"
            His brother sighed, "That doesn't make any sense! You have such a great power, you just need to learn to use it. Just like with anything you need to practice." Akira was too stubborn to listen to his brother and for another several years he refused to even try.
            "Yeah...That's what happens when you try...
            When you try and do things you know you can't do."

"Well that's dumb. No one got anything done without trying."

Akira gasped and began to breathe heavily; he was freezing and extremely tired. He could vaguely feel himself shuddering once more he looked up and found several people looking at him, he was unsure about how much time had passed. Some had even come out of their dorms to stare at him, including the boy from the zombie attack the other night. No...No don't say anything. Don't. Please don't...Please... His voice was hoarse, nearly inaudible, "Don't look at me like that. I'm not...a monster..." He was on the verge of losing consciousness and he felt numb again.

โ•”โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„ โ–ฌ โ–ฌ โ–ฌ
                            โ•šX X X โ–ฌ โ–ฌ โ–ฌ โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
โ‡ฆใ€”๐”‡๏ฝ‰๏ฝ๏ฝŽ๏ฝ โ„ญ๏ฝ๏ฝ’๏ฝ–๏ฝ๏ฝŒ๏ฝ‰๏ฝŽ๏ฝ…ใ€•
โ‡ฆโ‡ฆโ‡ฆโ‡ฆโ‡ฆโ‡ฆโ‡ฆโ‡ฆโ‡ฆโ‡ฆโ‡ฆโ‡ฆโ‡ฆโ‡ฆ
                                                                      โ—Ž โ—ŽShe's so demure, so insecure so.
                                                                      โ—Ž โ—ŽMums the word about philosophy. โ—Ž โ—Ž
                                                                      โ—Ž โ—ŽShe sits in bed with a dictionary.
                                                                      โ—Ž โ—ŽUnprepared for the judiciary.โ—Žโ—Žโ—Žโ—Ž
                                                                      โ—Ž โ—ŽShe's not a product of the monastery.

โœ–โœ–โ–‚โ–‚ โ–‚โ–‚ โ–‚โ–‚ โ–‚โ–‚ โ–‚โ–‚ โ–‚โ–‚ โ–‚โ–‚ โ–‚โ–‚ โ–‚โ–‚โ™œโ‡”โ™

Diana continued to scowl at Sonia for her suggestion they actual cook for their captors. What the hell are you thinking? What is that disgusting smirk on his face for. The calmer of the two twins answered that he would assist Diana in her endeavor. She better have a good reason for making me interact with these guys. Gritting her teeth, she stood up and walked towards the kitchen area, Jeremiah in tow. If I had a choice I guess this one is the more tolerable of the two.

Diana leaned against the counter and waited for the boy to gather all the necessary cookware and ingredients. It's not like I know where any of that crap is. She listened as Kevin began his own interrogation of Sonia. Diana was brought out of her trance when Jeremiah motioned for her to use the knife to cut the meat. She glowered at his remark for her to wash her hands before doing anything. "If you'd get out of my way I would. Just because you found me in the wilderness doesn't mean I was raised there." She wanted to listen to Sonia's responses to the questions, but she was preoccupied with having to prepare a meal. Diana looked down at the knife and mumbled, "Well aren't you guys awful trusting that we won't murder you."

Focusing on her task, she sliced the meat as evenly as possible before setting it aside. Jeremiah had spoken up a moment ago, warning his brother of something. Only the sound of chopping and the indistinct chatter from the other room could be heard from the kitchen. "So do you guys have a marinade for this stuff already or do you want me to make it now?" She didn't bother to turn to face him and continued to look around the counter for ingredients. "Jeez, you guys got the real fancy expensive stuff."

It then dawned on her why Sonia had volunteered her to cook: she'd be more calm. Usually Diana was most calm when she was busy cooking. At first she was angry, but she quickly calmed down when she realized it was true. Damn her. She knows me too well. In the evenings in the orphanage, Diana was usually cooking for the younger children since their caretaker didn't really feed them anything tasty. They had left in such a hurry, she didn't think about how much she would miss the children and how worried she was about them. Lost in thought, she was interrupted from her nostalgia by Jeremiah's voice.

โ™” โค โ™›โ–‚โ–‚ โ–‚โ–‚ โ–‚โ–‚ โ–‚โ–‚ โ–‚โ–‚ โ–‚โ–‚ โ–‚โ–‚ โ–‚โ–‚ โ–‚โ–‚โœ–โœ–

S H E ' S ยท C O V E R E D ยท I N ยท F L A W S

S H E ' S ยท N O T ยท T H E ยท SUPREME GIRL ยท THAT ยท I ยท T H O U G H T ยท S H E ยท W A S
User Image
ใ€๐”–๐”ฌ๐”ซ๐”ฆ๐”ž ๐”—๐”ฌ๐”ณ๐”ฆ๐”ซ๐”ขใ€‘

CRUSHING UP A BUNDLE OF {LOVE}
              DON'T TAKE IT SO PERSONALLY
              YOU'RE โœฑNOTโœฑ THE ONLY ONE
              THAT TIME'S GOT IT IN FOR, HONEY

โ”… โ”… โ”… โ”… โ”… โ”… โ”… โ”… โ”… โ”… โ”… โž”โž”

"This does seem like quite the adventure when you put it that way." Diana had gotten up at last and moved towards the kitchen. When Kevin winked at her, she gave a slight giggle, doing her best to act flattered. Now that Diana was out of her way, Sonia was confident she would be able to converse with the boy without interruption. Doesn't he just have all the confidence in the world. Her strength was returning to her again and she looked at Kevin who had slid his way onto the couch. Hugging her knees, she sat facing him and smiled as he began asking her questions.

"Well, we've lived next door next to each other since we were really young and have been really close friends for a long time. We moved into an apartment together a few months ago." She placed a stray hair behind her ear and looked down, "We had to leave because someone found out about us and threatened to tell someone about our powers if we didn't do what they said. Clearly we didn't take too good to that so we left. We didn't have time to check the weather, we've been so afraid that the person was following us. When you found us I sincerely thought you were that person. I apologize for misjudging you." She looked up and smiled at him, "I still can't believe how lucky we are that you found us."

Sonia laughed, "No. We're certainly not serial killers." Sonia bit her tongue as he commented about how nice it was having someone that wasn't a dog after him. You poor boy. If you only knew. He was interrupted by his brother who Sonia glanced over at, eyeing Diana busily working away. At least that plan worked out well. She'll be quiet for now. When she looked back at Kevin, he rolled his eyes and sighed. When he looked up again, Sonia winked at him.

She leaned towards him, her hand holding up her face, "So tell me about you guys. Where are you guys from? What do you guys do outside of living in this cabin?" She twirled a strand of her hair around her finger, "How old are you two?" Careful. Don't want to oversell it. You're still making this up as you go along and Diana needs to at least a decent meal first.

x x x x x x xโ–‡โ–‡โ–‡โ–‡ โ–‡โ–‡โ–‡ โ–‡โ–‡ โ–‡ โ–‡ โ–‡ โ–‡ โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ถ โ–ถ โ–ถ โ–ถ โž”โ–‡ โ–‡ โ–‡
โ–„โ–„โ–„ โ–„โ–„โ–„ โ–„โ–„โ–„ โ–„โ–„โ–„ โ–„โ–„โ–„ โ–„โ–„โ–„ โ–„โ–„โ–„ โ–„โ–„โ–„
/////////////////////////////////////
X X X X X X X X X X X Xthat's where you're wrong โค

After Jeremiah interrupted his brother, they remained silent for the most part, going about meticulously with their work. He brought the marinade out and set it on the counter next to her. She opened the bag and placed the meat inside of it before zipping it back up and putting it in the fridge behind her. While she moved about, she eyed how swiftly the knife moved in his hands. Not bad. Not bad at all.

Moving back into the larger room where Sonia and Kevin still sat, she removed her jacket which had been lined with fur and dropped it on her bag. She rolled her eyes at the red-head who was facing away from her as she turned back to walk into the kitchen. By then Jeremiah had begun making tortillas by hand. Diana watched him, usually they just heated up tortillas or ate them cold with their meals. She had only seen homemade tortillas on the cooking show their little basic television aired. Picking up the cutting board and knife she had used, she began to wash them in the sink, setting them in the drying rack when she finished.

Jeremiah spoke and requested that she help him roll his sleeves up for him. Normally she would've scowled at him and barked at him to roll them up himself, but she understood how irritating that feeling was of getting food on her sleeves. She walked up behind him and rolled the sleeve up tightly before moving to the other one and tightening it as well. Like working with a child. She rolled her eyes and went back to cleaning up where she had been working.

After he gave some more instructions she looked at the clock, "Yeah, yeah. Five minutes." She moved to sit in a nearby chair. Sighing and looking up at the ceiling to rest her eyes for a bit. Jeremiah didn't seem like much of a talker anyways which was just fine with her. It kept her more pleasant the less questions she had to answer. Still the two in the other room were chattering away about who knows what. I really hope Sonia knows what she's doing.

For some reason the boys looked familiar to her, as if she had seen them somewhere before. Nah, famous people don't go out in the middle of nowhere and let strangers in their house. She dismissed the thought from her head and began to focus on how they were going to get themselves out of this situation. People aren't just nice for no reason. She opened her eyes and looked at Jeremiah to see what he was doing. A slight paranoia settling in that he might be slipping poison into their food or something.

S H E ' S ยท N O T ยท T H E ยท SUPREME GIRL ยท THAT ยท I ยท T H O U G H T ยท S H E ยท W A S
Lydia โœž
โ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌ

โœ–โœ– you could be my ice-age sugar
    โœ–โœ– lay me down and make me s h i v e r
    โ‹ฐโ‹ฑf e a t h e r
                          x xโžถf l o a t i n gโ‹ฐโ‹ฑโ‹ฐ
                    โžถblow me like a

User Image
    โ™” โˆž โ™›
    ANDWE'LLBEDARK
        xWE'LLBEDARK
        xWE'LLBEDARKFOREVER

โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜ โ˜โ˜โ˜โ˜
โ• โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•ฉโ•ฉโ•ฆโ•ฉโ•ฉโ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•ฃ
โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“ โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“ โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“โ•‘โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“ โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“ โ–“โ–“โ–“โ–“
โ–“โ–“โ–“ โ–“โ–“โ–“ โ–“โ–“โ–“โ•‘โ–“โ–“โ–“ โ–“โ–“โ–“ โ–“โ–“โ–“
โ–“โ–“ โ–“โ–“ โ–“โ–“โ•‘โ–“โ–“ โ–“โ–“ โ–“โ–“
โ–“ โ–“ โ–“โ•‘โ–“ โ–“ โ–“
โ†“

Lydia was so deep in concentration in her book she didn't realize someone had been knocking on her door to speak with her. She continued mumbling each word that she read, trying to get her tongue used to speaking foreign languages again. It's impressive that humans can keep up with so many different forms of communicating. There was the faint sound of thunder in the distance and she looked out her window hoping to catch another glimpse of the strange phenomena. However, as she stared out the window a much louder and closer crash was heard. She expected the sky to light up, but when nothing happened she guessed something had happened in the hallway.

As she stood up she heard blood curdling screams followed by silence. Apparently she wasn't the only one to hear this and when she looked out her door into the hallway there were others doing the same. Archimedes was a little away from her door and she spoke aloud, "What is happening in this place now?" She propped her door open with a nearby shoe before stepping into the hallway. A grey-haired boy was being hauled off into another room by the white haired demon girl and the blonde demon boy. The smell of burning filled the hallway and there was a half-naked boy standing in the hallway being covered by a large jacket, the blonde demon yelling for him to cover up. There was a large gaping hole inside the wall to one of the dorms.

"There is never a calm here." Perhaps now is the best time to apologize while he is still in the hallway. She approached Archimedes, gently laying her hand on his shoulder, "I must apologize to you for my behavior earlier. I often forget what I came here for." She considered departing early from Earth and returning to the Heavens to exist in disgrace, but Lydia was never one to give up. "Is your charge well now?"

โœ‚โ”… โ”… โ”… โ”… โ”… โ”… โ”… โ”… โ”… โ”… โ”… โ”… โ”… โง

IT'S NO SURPRISE x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x xA LADY OF THE SWORD
                  SHE HAD SPIKY JAGGED CLAWS. SHE'S SUCH A WRAITH,

Cause baby boy I don't wanna hear you...

Thoughts: What an eventful past two hours.
Company: Archimedes
OOC: Tall people meeting in the hall. Yayuh.

User Image

BUT I CANNOT {STAY}

Thoughts: I just keep ********' up.
    Company: Iyari and Jer
    OOC: Lol xD Arc's bed.

Akira could hear Jer shouting something in the hallway, but he wasn't exactly sure what. He was almost able to move his limbs again and he wasn't as cold as when he first regained consciousness. Opening his eyes, he tried to focus on the surrounding area only to find people were disappearing into their dorms again. Oh thank God. He tried to move, but his arm fell to the ground just as quickly as he had lifted it up.

Slowly his senses were returning to him and he could feel himself being dragged somewhere. He wasn't sure how to help the situation, not that he could really move. Iyari appeared and somehow managed to lift up his arms so he wasn't being dragged through the hallway anymore. Being held up like a dead animal wasn't that much better from being dragged through it though. Why do I have to be the failure of the family?

He could feel himself defrosting inside; it was a strange sensation almost like a block of ice melting, but it was warm. Iyari was looking down at him, telling him she would turn him into a turtle next time he did something like that. He couldn't really talk, but he did manage to give her a small smile. A loud crash startled him and his vision began to blur again. Was that thunder or did I ******** up again? They passed through a familiar doorless doorway and Akira mumbled, "I locked myself out of my room." He was dropped onto a soft bed abruptly and he weakly attempted to move and speak again, "I need to wait for my roommate....or get another key..." Or just burn the stupid door down. He groaned in pain as his stiff limbs defrosted.

WIth another groan and some considerable effort he managed to prop himself up on the bed, "This is the second time both of you have saved me. Thanks..." Akira coughed and small green flames escaped from his mouth before quickly evaporating. He flinched at the pain it sent through his body, but he was able to regain more movement again. "Sorry about your wall," he looked down at the floor.

User Image

Sonia hadn't met someone more cunning than she was, but she may have met her match. Kevin seemed to be playing with her at this point, leaning even closer to her. He reached out and pushed a stray hair behind her ear. Once more she bit her tongue, and reminded herself to keep calm. This could complicate things. She smiled coyly at him, glancing away from his eyes. Keep it up buddy. I've known plenty of guys just like you.

"Wow! You guys have done so much with your lives and you're so young. I guess if you're from Canada you must be used to this kind of weather then, hunh?" She looked up at the ceiling pretending to be in thought, placing a finger on her lips she answered, "Let's see...I turned twenty a few months ago and Diana will turn twenty later on this year." They'd never find out the truth anyways since Diana didn't have a birth certificate and Sonia kept her social security card, birth certificate and ID folded up and stored in her bra. They'll never know unless one of them can read minds or something.

Even if they did manage to separate the two girls and ask them how old they were, they both agreed when they left the orphanage that they would add two years to their current age and switch the months they were born to the day; luckily both numbers were less than twelve. It was Diana's idea since she was paranoid about practically everything, but it served a purpose occasionally. "Hey now! We're not irresponsible. We paid our rent on time and everything, slid the note of our disappearance under the landlord's door. It's on him if he tries to find us instead of new paying tenants."

"New York seems like an exciting place though. That's where we were trying to get to." She leaned in closer to him, whispering, "You're a musician, eh? Won't you play me a pretty little song?" Pulling away from him she leaned back on the arm of the sofa, her arms folded and eyes fixated on his. "It'd be a nice way to pass the time, don't you think? While the two chefs in there continue making dinner." Yeesh. I wonder how Diana is holding up.

x x x x x x xโ–‡โ–‡โ–‡โ–‡ โ–‡โ–‡โ–‡ โ–‡โ–‡ โ–‡ โ–‡ โ–‡ โ–‡ โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ถ โ–ถ โ–ถ โ–ถ โž”โ–‡ โ–‡ โ–‡

The silence continued and Diana was almost beginning to doze off. She was exhausted from hiking around all day carrying around a bag of cans and water. Straightening her back she realized how sore she was going to be in the morning. Watching him a bit more she noticed his shoulder was causing him some kind of discomfort. Her head was nodding backwards and she caught herself almost falling asleep a few times in the short amount of time she had to sit down. She couldn't find a moment to truly relax as long as she was in this house, unsure of what their next course of action was.

Jeremiah's voice woke her from her sleepy state and she sat up from the chair without saying anything. It was weird to hear someone else call her name, let alone a boy. All of the boys in the orphanage were either young or troublemakers that were never going to amount to anything in life. They only called her name when they wanted something from her, not that this situation was much different, but at least this boy was more useful and smelled much nicer.

When she walked over to the boy, she was handed a rolling pin and instructed on what to do. Diana was fairly decent at following directions when it came to cooking, everything else she pretty much ignored. There was a certain amount of respect required when it came to making a dish and she never forgot that, even in these circumstances. She worked quickly to keep the flattened from sticking to one another.

Her hand brushed against his and for a moment she was puzzled at the quick human contact. While Sonia had dated guys and such, Diana never felt the need to since she never liked any of them. She had felt slightly ashamed that she was living parentless in a loveless home, like she would never be able to care for another person like that. Sometimes she wondered is Sonia sought companionship because she still remembered what her life used to be like with her family. Now that they had let, maybe things would be different; maybe she would let herself feel something.

Jeremiah was finish up washing off the bowl used for the tortillas when a sweet voice cut through the silence. She looked up to find Sonia being serenaded by Kevin. As much as Diana would have loved to roll her eyes at it, he actually had a nice voice. She scoffed at Jeremiah's comment of finishing before his brother began to complain, "That's something I don't think I ever want to hear." She handed him the tortillas at the interval time and the singing ceased. A nice voice...Oh! "I know who you guys are now. You're those famous twins they sometimes would show on the TV. The ones in those magazines they'd have at the grocery store." Diana was absolutely certain that's who they were. She hoped she was wrong though, with all of their fame it'd be a matter of time before someone discovered them.

After they had finished the tortillas, Diana retrieved the meat from the refrigerator and set it down on the counter. She peered over at the chopped vegetables, "You're pretty good with a knife." Turning to face him for possible the first time this evening, she looked into his eyes before asking, "Do you want me to make the rest of it so you can rest or something? Looks like your shoulder is messed up."

User Image

Sonia tilted her head to the side as he answered her questions. Well maybe this could be fun. She wouldn't have liked flirting with a taken man, even if it was just pretend. "I guess we all have our little secrets," she winked at him. Jeremiah called him, telling him to set the table since the food was almost done. Sonia stood up and followed close behind him to help him out. Even though she didn't feel hunger as often as others, her stomach growled a bit in response to seeing the food set out on the table; it had been 2 days since she last ate.

When they all sat down, the girls were handed the food first. "Well aren't you two such nice gentlemen?" Diana sat quietly across from her, seemingly lost in thought, but content. At least cooking quieted her down quite a bit. Sonia moved her food onto her plate slowly, observing how much Diana put on hers. Despite not feeling hunger, she also didn't really feel full often either and would probably end up eating the whole table without noticing. After imitating the same amount she ate slowly, speaking to fill the silence so Diana wouldn't have to speak.

"So is New York everything that the movies and books make it out to be? Is it really pretty when it's all lit up?" Eating slowly, she continued her questions, "When did you find the time to learn how to use a shotgun? You seemed pretty confident with it when you found us." Sonia started scanning her mind for non-invasive questions that could be turned back on her or Diana, but she wasn't quick enough and Kevin addressed Diana to fill the small silence that was growing.

Luckily Diana thought fast, if not faster than her and was able to work with the lie, the usual annoyed look came back on her face. I hope he doesn't ask her about what I did for work. Before he could ask any more questions to her, Sonia interrupted again, "Well at least you got to walk around and stuff. I just stood behind the counter at the bookstore." Diana looked down and continued eating her food.

"So were you guys just planning to sit in the cabin the whole time you were here or what? Not that it doesn't sound relaxing, it just sounds a little bit boring." She paused for a minute remembering the blizzard, "Then again I guess you're going to be trapped here because of the weather..." Out of the corner of her eye she saw Diana grab more food and after a few moments she did the same. "Are you guys really okay with us taking up your couch?"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out