Welcome to Gaia! ::

Classic Spook Tunes's Significant Otter

Timid Loiterer

User Image
                                                          tab "And just make sure you drink plenty of fluids and you'll be alright." the young nurse smiled as he finished filling out the teen's chart and assuring his mother that she could finally check her son out of the hospital. The poor kid had been in a football accident and broke his leg. The young man had wanted to add in "and don't rough house over the damn ball again" but he assumed that giving the standard more fluids advice would be enough for the miserable child lounging back in the hospital bed. Yeah, he was pretty sure he had learned his lesson. Giving one last smile to the worried football mom, the man turned on his heels in a quick motion and lead himself out of the small room. Giving a small tug at the midnight blue scrubs that covered him, he let out a small sigh before returning to the nurses' station.

"Oh Walker, I forgot to tell you. I'll be covering Mr. Montgomery so you don't have to stick around." a cheerful voice called out before he could reach for the file of the patient he needed to check in on. He could feel his muscles stretch into a smile as he whirled around to face the owner of the voice. Anna was an angel sent from God. Wrapping her in his arms, Walker gave her a quick peck on the cheek before thanking her repeatedly. If he were to still have Mr. Montgomery the poor sod would be working another graveyard shift, which would be the fourth this week. Yanking the folder that had his attention before the godsend, Walker hustled to the patient's room with a smile that could combat whatever news he would receive from his last person of the day.

After yanking off his scrubs and replacing them with an old Run DMC t-shirt and jeans, Walker slipped his coat over his shoulders and braced himself for the cold weather that waited for him outside the hospital's doors like an old college rival that desperately wanted to show how they had finally one upped you since they saw you last. Shoving his hands into his pockets, the young man backed into the door and turned forward once he had made it into the outdoors. Don't get him wrong, Walker usually loved the cold weather. The chilled air nipping at his nose and turning his face a nice shade of pink, the way he could breathe out and a puff of white, wispy smoke would come out. Sure he would hum Puff the Magic Dragon even time it happened and get a couple of odd looks, but hey it's not his fault that the adults rushing passed him recognized the song.

tab The walk to the coffee shop didn't usually take this long, but maybe stopping by the pet store to look at the kittens probably took up some time. The man yanked open the door of the cafe and had to catch himself before he let out a very embarrassing noise due to the warmth of the building. He quickly closed the door behind him, trying not to let in a draft, and let his long fingers fumble with the buttons on his coat.He was thankful for the military style jacket his mother had bought him when he told her he was moving to New York. She didn't even question him but tutted in disappointment when she was aware that his clothing was not up to the weather in the northern state. Apparently the young man could not live on shorts and t-shirts like he had been. He hung his jacket on the coat rack that stood in the corner by the door. He only had to take a couple of long strides until he was right in front of the counter. Flashing the girl behind the counter a smile, the man ordered a peppermint tea before handing her a five and telling her to keep the change. Before he could turn around to see if his friends where here yet a cup of hot tea was placed in front of him. Well that as faster than I thought.
                                                          Walker gave the barista a smile before he finally turned to scope out the shop.

tab Walker's eyes finally landed on both Austin and Oliver sitting in their usual spots. Why he didn't look there first was beyond him. Pursing his lips and letting out a soft whistle, the young man plopped himself down on his favorite chair and took a sip of his scaulding tea. Nothing like burning your mouth a bit after walking through a snow storm. Setting down his cup on the table in front of him. "Hey fellas, how's life been treatin' ya today?" he said, his southern accent tinging the edges of his words.

ooc: Wow this was a bunch of crap. I am so sorry :c I think there's an outfit in his picture....I don't remember

Timid Loiterer

User Image

xxxx*◞♡ CARTER O'BRIEN*CREME BRULEE.
                                                              THIS AIN'T NO SHAM. I AM WHAT I AM. THOUGH I MAY SPEAK SOME TONGUE OF OLD OR EVEN SPIT OUT SOME HOLY WORD. I HAVE NO STRENGTH FROM WHICH TO SPEAK. THIS AIN'T NO SHAM
                                                              THIS AIN'T NO SHAM. I AM WHAT I AM. THOUGH I MAY SPEAK SOME TONGUE OF OLD OR EVEN SPIT OUT SOME HOLY WORD. I HAVE NO STRENGTH FROM WHICH TO SPEAK. THIS AIN'T NO SHAM
                                                              'CAUSE I KNOW MY WEAKNESS, KNOW MY VOICE, AND I BELIEVE IN GRACE AND CHOICE. AND I PERHAPS MY HEART IS FARCE, BUT I'LL BE BORN WITHOUT A MASK. AS ALL WE WILL SLIP INTO THE COLD.
                                                              'CAUSE I KNOW MY WEAKNESS, KNOW MY VOICE, AND I BELIEVE IN GRACE AND CHOICE. AND I PERHAPS MY HEART IS FARCE, BUT I'LL BE BORN WITHOUT A MASK. AS ALL WE WILL SLIP INTO THE COLD.

▒▒⒈╯ leo
                                                                  ▒▒⒉╯ 187.96
                                                                  ▒▒⒊╯ 80
                                                                  ▒▒⒋╯ blonde
                                                                  ▒▒⒌╯ blue
                                                                  ▒▒⒍╯ b positive

HOW FICKLE MY HEART AND HOW WOOZY MY EYES. I STRUGGLE TO FIND ANY TRUTH IN YOUR LIES. AND NOW MY HEART STUMBLES ON THINGS I DON'T KNOW. MY WEAKNESS I FEEL I MUST FINALLY SHOW.
                                                              HOW FICKLE MY HEART AND HOW WOOZY MY EYES. I STRUGGLE TO FIND ANY TRUTH IN YOUR LIES. AND NOW MY HEART STUMBLES ON THINGS I DON'T KNOW. MY WEAKNESS I FEEL I MUST FINALLY SHOW.

▒▒⒈╯ born and raised in mesquite, texas
                                                                  ▒▒⒉╯ younger siblings were born (Caleb 3 yrs younger, Christopher 6 yrs younger, Kaylee 9 yrs younger)
                                                                  ▒▒⒊╯ graduated high school and attended texas state until his junior year
                                                                  ▒▒⒋╯ transferred to portland state in order to be closer to his father
                                                                  ▒▒⒌╯ earned his BA in english literature
                                                                  ▒▒⒍╯ started to work as a baker, turning his hobby into a job
                                                                  ▒▒⒎╯ currently working on teaching degree and wants to start his master's soon.

MY SCAR IS FROM A POLAR BEAR, MY CURSE IS FROM A WITCH, I'VE CAUGHT A GIANT SQUID IN ALL THE SEVEN SEAS. I'VE PICKED UP ROCKS FROM DISTANT MOONS I WOULD GIVE THEM ALL BACK FOR YOU
                                                              MY SCAR IS FROM A POLAR BEAR, MY CURSE IS FROM A WITCH, I'VE CAUGHT A GIANT SQUID IN ALL THE SEVEN SEAS. I'VE PICKED UP ROCKS FROM DISTANT MOONS I WOULD GIVE THEM ALL BACK FOR YOU

▒▒⒈╯ Born and raised in Mesquite, Texas, being a southern gent is only a fraction of who Carter is. Besides baking, you can find him reclining back in his couch playing a video game or re-reading The Lord of the Rings series. Though a bit sarcastic and spastic, the young man tries to appear s laid-back and calm as possible though usually fails since his default movement is to flail around. It's a wonder this boy was the goalie of his varsity soccer team and continued into college with his unique approach to standing still and blocking a ball. Though he appears clumsy and lighthearted Carter is quite stubborn and harsh with his words when he feels cornered. He really is a poster child for "bark is worse than his bite".He has trust and abandonment issues and tends to latch on to a few people rather than being a social butterfly. Despite his social habits, Carter is a hopeless romantic. He can't really help it. When he falls for someone he falls hard. Like really hard. It's something he's trying to work on but it's not really working for him.

Because of his love for novels and comics he decided to get his degree in English and feels a bit frustrated that he hasn't found a job in which he can actually do things with it. Nevertheless, he s happy with his job as of right now. He wishes to become a literature teacher but fears that he will be stuck baking for the rest of his life, which isn't such a bad things but it's not what he wants to do for the rest of his life.

FAR OVER THE MISTY MOUNTAINS COLD TO DUNGEONS DEEP AND CAVERNS OLD. WE MUST AWAY ERE BREAK OF DAY TO SEEK THE PALE, ENCHANTED GOLD. THE TREES LIKE TORCHES BLAZED WITH LIGHT
                                                              FAR OVER THE MISTY MOUNTAINS COLD TO DUNGEONS DEEP AND CAVERNS OLD. WE MUST AWAY ERE BREAK OF DAY TO SEEK THE PALE, ENCHANTED GOLD. THE TREES LIKE TORCHES BLAZED WITH LIGHT

Timid Loiterer

User Image

thisisafillera search for a one x one roleplay

a search by Musically Unbalanced
                                        ○ "literacy" should be about three paragraphs minimum
                                        m// is preferred just so you know up front c:
                                        ○ more info in the following posts

Timid Loiterer

User Image

thisisafillera little about myself

tab Well hello there guys! My name is Mariah and I live in Texas, therefore I live in Central Standard Time (CST). I have just graduated high school and am hoping to find a couple of roleplays to preoccupy me until I have to pack up all my things and move on to college.
                                        tab I type up around three-four paragraphs per post and only play male characters. I'm just more accustom to writing from a male perspective. Weird I know. I only roleplay in private threads because I lie designing posts and am more than happy to make the thread if you would like.I also like to use mini-profiles because they give me some basics of our character to work with I only use real people unless we are doing something like Ouran, however I do not do scene people. I just think their look doesn't fit well with the plots I'm going for. I'm looking for a m// roleplay just because the hetero ones I've been in seem to fall flat fast.

tl;dr
                                        Do's:

• m//
                                        • private threads with or without profiles
                                        • real people unless we are doing an anime based one
                                        • three-four paragraph minimum
                                        • "pretty posts"
                                        • romance 'cause I'm a sucker for it.

Don'ts:

• hetero or f// ; I can't play a girl to save my life and heteros have been falling flat lately
                                        • pm's,e-mail, or IM's
                                        • anime pictures
                                        • scenesters

Timid Loiterer

User Image

thisisafillerthe ideas and plots

The Key ll

☄☄ Sure, sounds good to me.
                                        ☄☄ Bless you sir.
                                        ☄☄☄ Baby let me love you down.

Underlined
                                        is the role I would prefer.
                                        means I am craving it
                                        * means I have a plot
                                        Striked means the idea is taken.

Original

actor x composer ☄☄☄⁉ ⁉ *

boss x secretary ☄☄

serial killer x almost victim ☄☄

superhero x villain ☄☄

superhero x sidekick ☄☄

in the closet x openly gay ☄☄☄

royal guard x thief ☄☄☄

waiter/waitress x celebrity ☄☄

mall employees ☄☄☄

Based Off Movies/Books/TV( ALL OC x OC UNLESS STATED)

Push ☄☄

Harry Potter ☄☄☄⁉ *
                                        tab slytherin oc x gryffindor oc

Glee ☄☄☄⁉ *

Achievement Hunter / Rooster Teeth ☄☄

Tangled ☄☄
                                        tab flynn rider oc x male!rapunzel oc

Disney Character Based ☄☄

The Hunger Games ☄☄

Star Trek ☄☄

Teen Wolf ☄☄☄
                                        tab stiles stilinski x derek hale

Supernatural ☄☄
                                        tab dean winchester x castiel

Timid Loiterer

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

tab Carter's fingers tightly gripped the small key and dragged it out of his pocket before shoving it into the front door of Rendezvous. Flicking on the lights the young man couldn't help but feel a sense of dread wash over him as he looked towards the back of the shop. Being the idiot that he was, the man had left early the night before and promised his boss that he would come in early and finish the baking, muffins and coffee cakes, before the morning rush arrived. He was an idiot. The biggest idiot he has ever gotten the pleasure to know.

tab He drug his feet all the way to the back of the establishment before turning into the kitchen. This had been his home for the last months he had been baking for Rendezvous. If Carter closed his eyes he would be able to tell another person where the large beater was (on the left wall, about three feet away from the counter by the window), where the industrial size refrigerator stood (on the back wall in the center), and which cabinets stored which utensils, bowls, etc. He knew it like the back of his hand. Reaching into his pocket Carter pulled out his phone and a pair of ear buds. One hand worked on plugging the ear buds in all the right places while the other tapped away on his phone screen until he found a song he deemed fitting before pacing his hands on his hips and staring around the kitchen. It was time to work.

tab His hands flailed around the counter as he tried to think of the recipe off the top of his head. Muffins were never this hard. Maybe he shouldn't have had that Monster before he went into work at seven in the morning. The calming sounds of Mumford & Sons filled his ears as he tried to hum to himself so that he could chill out for all of five minutes. In the back of his mind he continued to chew himself out or not baking all of the things the night before instead of going home early just so he could go home and catch up on his favorite television show. Supernatural is a great show. I regret nothing.
                                                      Carter quickly adjusted his headphones before picking up the bowl in front of him. Maybe it wasn't all so bad, at least there wasn't anyone around to annoy him. Yet.

tab Once he poured the batter into the pans he shoved it into the oven and hip-checked the door closed and dusted his hands off on his pants. " Alright so that's all said and done.
                                                      " the young man said to the silence as he inched his way down onto the ground before stretching his legs out before him. He glanced at his watch and let his head roll back so that it rested on the counter behind him. A yawn escaped his lips as his eyes fluttered s**t for just a couple of minutes. Carter loved his job, this was a fact that many of the people who knew him had learned. There was just something about mixing together ingredients, shoving them in an oven, and then pulling out a delicious pastry that was just great. He had been baking since he was younger, maybe about ten, and to now be paid for something he was good at was pretty stellar. Sure it may not be teaching children that literature is actually really awesome when you sit down and read, but it was still a great second.

tab It wasn't until the smell of muffins wafted into the room did Carter press his hands against the floor and propel himself up. Once they were out and the coffee cake batter had replaced it in the oven, the baker placed the pastries on the counter in order for them to cool a bit before he brought them out to the front. There was nothing worse than jumping ahead of the baked good and taking them out of the pan before they had had the time to sit, cool down, and mold into their shapes. Carter had done it before and the walk of shame back to the ingredients was not one he would want to retake.

tab While he waited the man slipped his cell phone back out of his pocket and clicked on one of the many social networking apps that littered his home screen. Though he wasn't the biggest of social butterflies, Carter had a handful of friends in both Oregon and Texas that he just wasn't able to see everyday. Flicking through the various status updates one in particular caught his eye.

tab Feeling restless.

tab Carter couldn't help but roll his eyes. As all ways, Simon from across the street had found a way to be a dud, even over the internet. Typing out a quick 'had a big night did you c;' the man posted his comment before shoving his phone back into this pocket and turned, grabbing the newly baked cake out of the oven. Once it had cooled down as well, Carter popped his baked goods out of their trays, prepared them for display and made his way to the front of the store.

Timid Loiterer

User Image
                                                          tab It couldn't have been any later than eleven when Derek found himself hunched over his desk, in front of him sat his laptop opened to his latest project. Sure, he knew he needed to finish the musical music as soon as possible but he had just lost his motivation. Instead of beating a dead horse with a stick the man decided to move on and work on a new piece in the meantime. The work was supposed to be inspired by his last trip to his home town. Peaceful chords, light percussive ensemble in the back, just a light and airy peace for a small town nestled in the hills.

tab So maybe he didn't hear Laura knocking on the door and hollering at him from the other side. Nope, Derek just has bad hearing. Slipping a pair of headphones over his ears the young man played back the midi-track for a preview of his work and not to drown out the ruckus caused by his older sister. No, never. A small smile flirted with the corners of his lips as he listened to the computer's lame attempt at mimicking instruments come together and create a pixel orchestra harmonizing together. Well, until measure twenty-four when the horns played out of the key which just ruined the rip in its entirety.

ooc: so my computer crashed and I'll be updating this layout soon

Timid Loiterer

User Image

tab Sweet roll pastry tart jelly-o dragée pudding dessert dessert topping. Danish bear claw icing. Gingerbread I love soufflé cupcake candy I love. Soufflé oat cake chocolate cake. Lemon drops applicake cheesecake cake chocolate bar. Cheesecake gummi bears chocolate cotton candy I love icing. Gummi bears fruitcake bear claw unerdwear.com carrot cake gingerbread. Tiramisu macaroon I love oat cake lemon drops lollipop powder tootsie roll. Sugar plum I love jelly beans fruitcake pastry I love jelly wafer. Applicake fruitcake marzipan jelly beans tiramisu candy powder. Applicake ice cream chupa chups apple pie. Jelly-o brownie bear claw cookie donut gummies. Powder chocolate powder bonbon gummi bears gummies liquorice candy canes cake. Sesame snaps sweet toffee gummies cupcake lemon drops.
                                                          Jelly-o cotton candy chocolate bar bonbon caramels. Sweet roll jelly fruitcake. Jelly beans topping ice cream toffee I love sesame snaps donut toffee wafer. Candy sweet roll candy canes wafer dragée sesame snaps chocolate I love. Candy halvah pastry chocolate bar marshmallow gummies jelly-o oat cake. Bonbon powder danish jelly-o tart candy canes cookie. Jelly beans muffin I love gummies brownie I love. Jujubes cookie tootsie roll jelly croissant pudding gummi bears. Pastry jelly-o donut. I love croissant jujubes jujubes powder candy canes sweet roll icing. Icing muffin jujubes biscuit I love jujubes carrot cake chocolate bar. Gummi bears sesame snaps gummi bears caramels.

tab Cake carrot cake macaroon oat cake. I love I love candy canes halvah lemon drops pie liquorice. Bonbon muffin wafer candy canes cake. Dragée marzipan pudding cotton candy I love lollipop sugar plum jelly beans carrot cake. Croissant fruitcake caramels biscuit jelly-o caramels oat cake cupcake. Dessert dessert marshmallow pudding I love topping. I love biscuit marshmallow dessert. I love chocolate chocolate cake danish candy candy canes sesame snaps. Dessert apple pie tootsie roll marshmallow jelly beans. Carrot cake jelly donut sweet roll jelly tart liquorice ice cream marshmallow. Gingerbread marshmallow biscuit chocolate donut tiramisu halvah I love chocolate cake. Carrot cake applicake chocolate bar marzipan candy. Gummi bears cake tootsie roll oat cake bear claw cake halvah. Lemon drops I love candy gummies.

tab Caramels gummi bears icing toffee gingerbread ice cream pie gummies. Donut marzipan carrot cake dragée. Lollipop powder tart tootsie roll sweet danish macaroon powder candy canes. Macaroon I love I love I love pudding bear claw brownie marzipan. Sweet soufflé gummi bears jelly pie bear claw powder. Unerdwear.com candy canes oat cake wafer brownie fruitcake. Dessert tiramisu cotton candy dessert ice cream gingerbread. Pastry chocolate topping toffee I love. Gingerbread topping sweet. Sweet roll gingerbread I love candy canes. Bear claw I love soufflé chocolate cake powder gummi bears candy canes tiramisu. Tart cupcake gingerbread cake pie dragée. Wafer brownie cotton candy donut I love.

tab Jelly beans applicake sweet I love. Croissant sesame snaps cookie. Ice cream tart ice cream applicake toffee. Lemon drops sesame snaps tiramisu tart. Dragée marzipan icing candy canes marshmallow gingerbread tart. Bear claw marzipan lollipop halvah I love dragée halvah. Marshmallow apple pie carrot cake applicake pie I love marzipan. I love cookie chocolate toffee. Caramels powder pastry. Ice cream chocolate cookie jujubes fruitcake sugar plum sweet apple pie apple pie. Macaroon sugar plum fruitcake oat cake danish marzipan pie I love candy canes. Fruitcake candy canes macaroon applicake biscuit muffin sesame snaps. Macaroon lemon drops croissant fruitcake oat cake cake danish.

Timid Loiterer

User Image

tab Oh you’ve got to be ******** kidding me.” he rasped as he lifted his head from the couch cushion and slapped his phone until ‘Good Morning’ by The Beatles finally was silenced. There’s no way in hell that it’s already 6:30. No way in ******** hell. Scrubbing his hands against his face, Ryan sat up and drowsily glanced around the room. As per the usual the young man had fallen asleep on the couch rather than his own bed. Sometimes he wondered why he ever spent money on the thing in the first place.

tab Ryan had never been a morning person. His own mother could attest to the boy grumpy rubbing of his eyes at eight in the morning for family breakfast on Saturday. When he was a teen no one ever saw him conscious before one in the afternoon unless he was forced to go to school. Sleep was something that Ryan value but hardly ever was granted and that was something he had to accept as he got older. However, that didn't stop the man from bitching about it any chance he got.

tab I swear to god I fell asleep at one and there is no ******** way in hell that it’s already past five. No way.
                                                          ” he cursed under his breath as he shuffled back into his room to grab the clothes that he would change into after his arctic shower.

tab Once he was all clean and dressed, well for the most part, Ryan emerged from the bathroom and chucked his clothes into the bin that sat in the corner of his room before turning and giving himself a once over in the mirror. Sure, the colors he had picked out in a stunted attempt to look nice made him look like a gender-bent Snow White but who could deny that he wasn't the fairest in all Manhattan. The man chuckled to himself and went to his dresser where he pulled out his only bow tie, a bright red, satin number, and slipped it under the collar of his dress shirt to pull the whole look together. He tugged the thin necklace chain out from under the shirt, letting the single triangle bounce against his chest before leaving his bedroom to walk over to the coffee table and retrieve more belongings. The single rose-gold leaf band was slipped onto his right ring finger and shortly after the watch that showed a map of the world covered the Tengwar script on his left wrist for working purposes. Taking in a deep breath, Ryan shook his arms and picked up his backpack and slung it over his shoulder. It hadn't even been thirty minutes into his day and he already had the feeling that it would be a long one.

tab The walk to the high school was as uneventful as it always has been. A small old lady was assisted across the street, a group of teenagers shouted and pushed their way down the road, it was the usual walk. It was draining with the amount of people that ebbed and flowed before him but it was something that he tried to get used to. When he finally reached the front doors he could feel himself breathe and relax. Ryan was just lucky that his office wasn't too far in the building and that he could have some time to himself before kids started to show up at his office door. The man let his backpack slide off his shoulder and hit the floor before grabbing a soda from inside the biggest drawer in his desk. Ryan didn’t like to call his love for caffeine an “addiction” but rather just a strong, undying love. “Coke is the nectar of the gods.
                                                          ” he whispered softly to himself before taking a sip and hearing a knock at the door. “Oh, come in!

tab Alright Norman, so remember the breathing exercises when you feel the panic starts to build and make sure to talk to your mom. If you can’t I’ll be happy to give her a call.
                                                          ” he said as calmly as possible while jotting down a quick note. When he looked up he watched the senior adjust in the seat before him. Ryan couldn’t help but have more sympathy than usual for the kid. He reminded him a lot of himself at that age right after the accident. Norman didn’t meet Ryan’s gaze and instead opted to drum his thin fingers on the arm of the chair. He hadn’t said much more than he needed to to answer Ryan’s standard questions and didn’t look like he would budge. “I’d like to see you during study hall every Tuesday and Thursday. Is that alright with you Norman?” Getting only a nod in return, the man scribbled on the file and smiled at the boy. “Okay Norman, you can go now. If you ever need to talk my number is on the card. I’m here for you.[color=#808080” he reminded the boy as the kid rose from his seat. Norman gave a soft ‘thanks Mr. O'Brien’ before turning and exiting the office. Before lunch Ryan had already had to console two children going through rough divorces and a kid with a lot of stress because of tests and after the break the appointments hadn’t gotten any easier. Even though ending with Norman,a case that reminded him so much of himself, was a tad easier when it came to suggesting steps to take it definitely took a bigger toll on his own emotions and drained him. Don’t get him wrong, Ryan loved his job. He felt like he was really making a difference and didn’t have to deal with the shitheads who just wanted to be a disruption in order to do so, but these meetings did take a lot out of him. It took so much of his free will to not wrap every one of those teens in his arms and take them home with him. Of, course if Aiden would allow him to do so, you know as well as the police, he would be a lot more willing to.

tab Half an hour after the bell rang to let the masses flood out of the high school, the counselor was finally finished with a half of his paper work and stuffed the rest into his backpack and started off of the school ground and towards the apartment. He couldn’t wait to grab another soda, take off his pants, and watch television.

Timid Loiterer

User Image

tab The sidewalks were too crowded for Ryan's liking, but then again that was something the man fought constantly.The only thing that seemed to keep him sane was his best friend's voice that was being piped into his ear."Look all I'm saying is that it's different without you. ******** Ernie is married to some girl, I haven't been able to get a hold of Chris or Emma, and Samantha has always been crazy. You know that." the other man whined over the phone. All Ryan could do was chuckle into the mic on his headphones.

tab "Jason, don't you think you're being just a tad dramatic. Because, you know, that's my job." he huffed into the mic paired with a small shake of his head.

tab "I have no idea what you're talking about Ryebread. Not a damn clue." the other man snarked back, laughter painting his words.

tab Jason and Ryan had been friends for years. The pair practically grew up together since they lived next door to one another. Since the age of four the boys were attached to each other's hip. Hell, they even ended up going to the same colleges for their degrees. The first time they where actually separated by distance longer than a couple of miles was when Ryan decided to stay in New York and not go back with his best friend. The decision had taken a small toll on their friendship with Jason deciding not to speak to Ryan for a bout a month but with time the man came around. Now, for about two years, the men called and text each other everyday, the call usually happening while Ryan walks back home and he would have it no other way.

tab "Look, all I'm saying is that you're being a little hard on the other guys, Jay. You know I love you man and that I wish I could be there with you right now, but I can't." the counselor said as swiftly as possibly. He meant what he said, sometimes the man did get homesick and had the urge to just drop everything and take the next flight back home, but he just couldn't do that. He had worked so hard for the life he had made for himself in New York. He had already bonded with people at work and in the small bookstore and cafe that he liked to pop in on the weekends. And then there was Aiden who he had gotten so close with. He couldn't do that to any of them, especially the latter. Speaking of the music professor, Ryan pulled his phone out of his pocket and glanced at the screen. His roommate had been texting him through out the day and Ryan had been answering him with texts that we just as odd as the ones he received. 'Hell, I know what 4/4 time is and I was only in band for like a year or two', 'You stop them by showing them your baby pictures. I'm sure that will do the trick :p', 'Aiden you would make the worst zombie and you know it. Survivors would stumble across you and just walk around since you wouldn't be worth the noise or the loss of a bullet.' A small smirk toyed with the corner of his lips as he spied the new message at the bottom of the thread. 'Wouldn't want to disappoint the Chinese food fairy. I'll be home in a couple minutes.' he tapped into the text box and pressed 'send' while Jason droned on about his current relationship. "Alright man, I love you and all but I gotta go 'kay. I'll text ya later. Love you too, bye." he said into the mic one last time before clicking the mic to end the phone call.

tab The man endured the rest of the walk back to the apartment in relative silence. No noise aimed specifically at him, but the sounds of cars whirring past him and the chatter of the other pedestrians wrapped around him as his own thoughts buzzed in his brain. If the thoughts had been about one single topic it would have been a bit more bearable but instead everything from his kids at school to why Aiden had chosen to go and get dinner than let him cook was trying to grab his attention. As he tried to focus on not getting his by a crazy taxi his fingers absently found themselves digging through his pants pocket and retrieving his pack of cigarettes and lighter. Swerving around an old couple and past a small family, his placed the butt of the cig between his lips and lit the end with a quick strike of the wheel of his lighter before finally placing the pack and Zippo back in his pocket. Ryan took a long drag, letting the smoke fly out from his mouth and whip around in the air before taking a deep breath in. Smoking was one of the habits that when he was nine Ryan had sworn he would never pick up. He would have never thought that the nicotine would be a relatively cheap remedy for his anxiety and restless thoughts if in fact Jason hadn't peer pressured the man into taking his first drag his sophomore year of college. Since then his habit has been cut down from half a pack in a day to half a pack in about three. No, he wouldn't endorse the coping action to others who had a similar problem, but he wasn't ashamed of it either. He simply chose to ignore the health jargon that strangers and doctors alike tried to feed him and moved on. It may only be a temporary fix but temporary was all he needed.

tab When the cigarette had finally been burnt down to the filter, Ryan dropped it to the concrete, crushed it under his heel and tossed the end into a near by bin outside of the complex. After a couple of minutes of holding open both front and elevator doors for people that had happened to be behind him, the man finally found himself walking up to the door of the apartment. Humming freaking Canceling the Apocalypse from the Pacific Rim score as he twisted the knob of the front door. I swear to god you watch that movie a three,,,teen times and it gets stuck in in your damn head.

tab "Honey, I'm home!" Ryan called with a s**t-eating grin as dropped his bag near the door, knowing he would probably end up working at the kitchen table once everything was cleared after they had finished eating. The man closed the door behind him and made a beeline straight to the table, more excited about the soda than food but he knew after a couple of sips that would change.

Timid Loiterer

User Image

tab Before snatching his can off of the table, Ryan plucked the triangle pendent on his necklace out from underneath his shirt and shoved it into his mouth. Once he felt content, teeth comfortably biting down on the metal, he gave a dopey grin to his roommate. "Oh Aiden, those kids are always mean to me," he started with a fake whine, the twang of his accent washing over the muffled words because of the necklace,"they always make fun of my hair and my voice and I just don't know what to do anymore!" He threw himself down onto his usual seat at the table, carding a hand through his hair before shaking his head a chuckling. Ryan looked at Aiden with a smirk before pushing the triangle out of his mouth using his tongue and popped the tab of his soda open and took a swig. "Nah, you know I love those kids, A. They're good kids even if some are better than others. he confessed, moving his hand in a circle in front of his face, a non-committed attempt for Aiden to start talking.

tab This was their routine. They would come home and would talk about work while one either cooked dinner or as they settled down at the table to start eating whatever take-away they picked up on their way home. It was a comfortable routine and Ryan thrived on routines. He was never one for surprises. He placed his can back on the table and let his fingers start fiddling with his bowtie as he listened to Aiden rant, frowning as he talked about his country star of a student. "Aiden I know you can't write lyrics for s**t when you're drunk. Remember that one night where you tried to write a love song about the love between Monica and Chandler from F.R.I.E.N.D.S and all you could come up with was 'He loves her as much as she loved pie / If she gets fat he won't cry / That's love.
                                                          " he sang, pressing his right hand over his chest while screwing his eyes shut to make it more dramatic. Once he was sure that his grand performance had hit home, he cracked a small smile before leaning back in his chair and listened to the next problem.

tab Ryan steepled his fingers in front of his mouth, pulling his classic 'I'm a trained psychologist with a degree and everything; how does that make you feel' stance as Aiden went on. He wanted to point out that even if you are talented at something it doesn't guarantee you a job, no matter how many people vouch for you and that the performing arts really had no safety net to bounce back on. He knew plenty of talented music majors in college that are definitely not working in their field of interest despite playing in various orchestras while struggling to get college hours to fit in their busy schedule. But instead, Ryan kept his mouth shut, allowing his friend to vent, only raising his eyebrows to his hairline when Aiden sounded so astonished at the girl's choice of accounting of all things. No one could say that Ryan was completely an a*****e with the agenda of crushing everyone's heart and pride. He only did that to hopeful brides as they slipped on ugly dresses that they loved on television while he sat in his boxers and critiqued the fabric and silhouette of the gown. Why would you want tulle on your wedding dress in the first place Amy? You're having a beach wedding in Jersey not some debutante ball in Georgia for fifteen year-olds.

tab Ryan loved tearing emotional brides apart. If he could he would put it under his special skills on his résumé.

tab The man finally freed himself of his bow tie and laid it on the table, raising just the arch of his right eyebrow when Aiden finally let his news slip. Ryan listened patiently as his roommate explained his new responsibilities and only snorted once when he mentioned his new Friday plans. "I'm sure your new classes will go fine. Most of the students are actually tolerable. Plus I know some nice teachers that just so happen to be bachelors." he crooned, wagging his eyebrows, and grabbed the container of fried rice and shoving a spoonfull into his mouth. Ryan was a picky eater, especially when it came to Chinese food but was a grade A sucker for fried rice.

tab The young man scrunched up his nose and gave his head a quick shake as he swallowed his food. "Nothing too exciting. I had mostly standard kids show up. You know, kids dealing with stress and depression. The usual.
                                                          " he explained, twirling his spoon in a circle in the air as if it would help drive home his point. "The only thing is that the numbers that these kids are probably going to start showing up in is really concerning me," he paused and dragged his left hand over his face, "These kids are stressing themselves out over ever little thing. They feel as if one failure will make their world crash down around them and that there is no one there that would help them pick up the pieces." Ryan could feel his voice growing stronger with his concern and in response his neck growing warm due to embarrassment. "Sure, I know that isn't the case for all of them. Some don't have a supportive safety net, but that's more uncommon than some would like to believe. Thankfully a lot of these kids will only need one or two session before they will be ale to stand on their own two feet." the counselor finished his rant, shoving more rice into his mouth.

tab Ryan left his head tilt back as he tried to remember the rest of his day, chewing on his food thoughtfully. "I had this kid, Norman, come in today,
                                                          , he started, covering his mouth to avoid food flying everywhere, "took everything I had not to hold the poor guy in my arms and bring him home with me." The man frowns as he places an elbow on the table and rests his chin on the backs of his fingers. "Suffers from panic attacks and doesn't sleep and eat as much as he should. Probably has paranoia as well and if not handled well will have only make more difficulties in his life later" he sighs and scrubs his face before plastering a smile on his lips. He felt as if he just described himself and it made him more tired than he had felt only a couple minutes ago. "Hopefully seeing him twice a week for an hour and forty-five minutes will help, if only just a bit." he tried to be optimistic about Norman's situation. It would take a lot for the kid to fall into the depths Ryan was worried about but with teenagers he was never sure how fast everything could fall apart.

tab "So are you ready to be gawked at by high school students and teachers and try to avoid them attempting to get in your pants?
                                                          " Rye smirked and he pointed his spoon at Aiden. He had his own horror stories about telling teachers that he was was not interested in perusing a relationship while also fending off hormonal teenagers who would show up to his office confessing their love for someone who ended up being him.

Timid Loiterer

xxxxxBENJAMINRYANO'BRIEN
          xxxxxxxxx&& I'M AMONG THE RUIN'S BASSIST
          xxxx/ / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / /

xxxxxxxxxJay McGuire
          xxxxxxxxxSAMPLES
          xxxxxxxxxMusically Unbalanced

x benTHREW
          golden parachutes

Timid Loiterer

User Image

xxx「♚⋮ CARTER O'BRIEN.
                  ██████████████████ ████

xxx「♚⋮ WHAT WILL IT TAKE.

★ ▌ FULL NAME ; carter finlay o'brien
                          ★ ▌ NICKNAME ; cart, rye, rye-bread
                          ★ ▌ AGE ; eighteen
                          ★ ▌ YOUR TITLE ; mr. slacker

xxx「♚⋮ TO GET YOU TO LOVE ME.

★ ▌ BIO ; one or two paragraphs on your character

xxx「♚⋮ WHAT WILL IT TAKE.

★ ▌ LIKE ; movies (usually documentaries, fantasy, action, and the occasional romcom)
                          ★ ▌ LIKE ; cigarettes
                          ★ ▌ LIKE ; sleeping in late
                          ★ ▌ LIKE ; soda and sweet iced tea
                          ★ ▌ LIKE ; superheroes (spiderman and hawkeye are his favorite)
                          ★ ▌ LIKE ; reading memiors or anything by David Sedaris

xxx「♚⋮ TO GET YOU TO LOVE ME .

★ ▌ DISLIKE ; coffee
                          ★ ▌ DISLIKE ; most vegetables
                          ★ ▌ DISLIKE ; being forced to do something
                          ★ ▌ DISLIKE ; having to wake up early
                          ★ ▌ DISLIKE ; being seen as vulnerable
                          ★ ▌ DISLIKE ; being around a large group of people for too long

xxx「♚⋮ BECAUSE I BET THAT I CAN.

★ ▌ USERNAME ; musically unbalanced

Timid Loiterer

User Image

tab Ben could feel his patience slip off his person and pool at his feet. "Look, all I'm asking is for you to watch Loot while I'm away on this tour. I already bought all you're gonna need. Can you just change the ******** water and litter box and feed him. You know he doesn't do much." the young man groaned, fed up with his stubborn roommate. They had both signed off on getting the cat why the hell did Benjamin have to take care of it all by himself. The two men had been arguing back and forth for a good ten minutes and Ben could feel Loot circle him, letting his tail rub against his legs. When the a*****e Andrew finally gave in Ben scooped the cat into his arms and pressed the furry animal's side to his face and rubbed his nose into the fur affectionately before dropping the cat back onto the ground with a soft thud. He was going to miss their, no, his,he always changed the ******** litter box and fed him, cat. Loot kept him company no matter what, whether it was a Tuesday afternoon and Ben was plucking away bass lines or it was a lonely Saturday night and the man was dateless once again. He ******** loved that cat and Andrew had better take care of him or he'd have hell to pay when Ben got back from his tour with the band.

tab s**t! That's right, he had to go and meet everyone so that they could leave.

tab Benjamin tried to calm himself before running out of the living room and into his bedroom. He only had the various gods to thank that he had decided to pack everything he thought that he would need the night before and didn't wait to the last possible second like he usually did. He slung the right strap of his backpack over his shoulder, the strap of his bass case over his left, and finally hooked his fingers around the handles of his big duffel bag. Silently thanking his mother under his breath for making him an infamous light packer, the young man let his eyes roam over his room one last time to make sure he had everything. With his free hand he patted his jean pockets to ensure he had his wallet, phone, cigarettes, lighter and keys before exiting his room and locking his bedroom door. He had the sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach that he was forgetting something but would cross that bridge of regret when he got to it. There was not reason for him to work himself up when he hadn't even taken a step out of his apartment yet. He sucked in a breath through his teeth before giving Andrew a quick nod and looked down to give Loot a small smile. "Alright buddy, I'll be back as soon as I can. Don't be too much trouble." he told the feline, bending down to pet its soft fur once more before straightening up and adjusting the straps the rested on his shoulders.

tab Ben had managed to shuffle out of the building and down the stairs to his car before he felt his heart clench in his chest. He had gotten accustom to the pain of anxiety after what had happened almost a year ago when he found himself lusting after a cashier at the local Walmart. A male cashier at that. The sudden change in his "type" had thrown him for a loop and it was something that he would rather keep to himself for the time being. Shaking his head, he piled his belongings into the car and hipchecked the door shut before leaning against the side of the car and plucked a cigarette out of the pack in his pocket, slipping it between his lips then gave the end a light. The bassist took a long, steady drag before blowing the smoke into the air and watched the smoke's tendrils float and twist around in the air. He took a couple more drag before he felt as if he could hear his thoughts clearly again. He dropped the butt of the cigarette onto the concrete and crushed it under his heel and got into the driver seat of his car and twisted the key in the ignition.

tab Once he pulled up to Olle's house Ben could feel a small amount of adrenaline leak into his veins. He parked his car on the side of street as they had agreed the week before and let himself out of the car and grabbed his things from the backseat. The bus was a lot bigger that he had imagined, Then again, it does have to house two bands. Ben shrugged his shoulders at his thought before walking over to the front of the bus where he saw Charlie standing. "Hey! I resent that!" he called out with a huff and a lopsided grin at the drummer as he walked up behind her and peeked up the stairs at the head of the bus and saw a girl with Lia. "I'm Ben, sorry I'm a tad bit late." he offered with an apologetic smile.

Timid Loiterer

User Image
Benjamin Finlay Callhoun
Ben

So here's the deal, I am nineteen years old, I am a male and I am homosexual. They call me a slacker genius, but looks can be deceiving.

Benjamin was born and raised in Mesquite, Texas to a Mr. Geoff Callhoun and Jessica Callhoun. Everything seemed to be fine during his childhood. He was the oldest of three (one young brother, Jason, and a younger sister, Ashlee) and did well in school like he was supposed to. Ben even showed signs of abnormally high intelligence for his age. He was a relatively carefree kid, until his parents divorced when he was ten.

Once his parents had split and the children were told to stay with their father, Benjamin started to become guarded and antisocial. He focused on his work and surrounded himself with books instead of hanging out with other children after school and on the weekends. It was just where he felt the most comfortable. When he started high school he soon learned that being alone wasn't want he wanted for himself and forced himself to socialize with others. He joined the marching band, playing the alto saxophone, and the academic decathlon team focusing on the literature subjects. When he graduated high school he was valedictorian and was readily accepted to the college of his choice.

It was the summer right before he left home when he started to become aloof. Benjamin fully believed that he could do anything that he wanted. He was a "genius" and tended to learn faster than his peers so he could, well, really choose any major he wanted. The problem was that he hadn't a clue what he wanted, Ben hadn't given it much thought during high school, he was just focused on his grades, community service, and friends so that he could survive high school and make sure to get a spot at the university, not what he would actually do there. This set him up for months of flopping back and forth and made him loose interest in academia itself. Don't get him wrong, he loves reading and learning, but after busting his a** in high school, television marathons, comics, sleep, boys, and cigarettes seemed more fun than homework and class itself. Applying yourself is overrated anyway.

You should also probably know this...
consistent
fidgety
reserved
pseudo-confident
languid

Is there anything else you need to know? Well,
Benjamin plays the saxophone, has an addiction to soda, and has a secret love for boybands.

Musically Unbalanced

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces