• Object of Affection 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Generous 100

User Image

l ll Pretty, if the sun won't shine

» » »Pretty, if the r a i n will pour
You're just too good to lose33333333333

User Image

'I am thinking it's a sign that the freckles
                                    In our eyes are mirror images and when
                                    We kiss they're perfectly aligned
                                    And I-'

The ring tone was interrupted by the abrupt opening and closing of the phone from which the song played. It seemed to continue in her ears despite the discontinuation. Delicate fingers clutched the thin, silver, cell phone, creating a fist. In a lackadaisical motion, the fist was thrown against a pillow and used to prop the girl up whilst she was still in a half-asleep state. She rubbed head, her eyes, her face, and looked to the small screen on her phone to read the time. 5:30am, I still have time... She rolled to the right and peered out at the widow. Despite the time, it was still very dark outside, obviously because of the amount of gray clouds in the sky. With that, the puffy haired, dazed, teen returned to her sleeping position, closed her eyes, and the sandman made a return visit. In her sleep she did not stir. Her head hit the pillow, and that was it. Above the bed were posters and stickers of varies bands and artist. There room was heavily themed; music. There was also a certain untidiness present that made it clear this was prime habitat for an adolescent individual.

The room itself, was unusually spacious for bedroom. On the opposite side of the sleeping teen was a cold, metal desk. And on it- a mac notebook, a black and white composition book with a pencil on top, and other than that, it was surprisingly empty. The carpet was beige. The walls blue. The ceiling, was originally white, until it was invaded and completely overcome by posters. There were of course, a couple small piles of clothes on the floor, but the remainder of her apparel was in the closet.

Thump, thump, thump-thump-thump-thump. The sound of an awkward, quick, almost off balanced walking coming up the hall brought her wake again.Two attempts of trying to twist the door knob opened the door. There stood a boy looking around the age of two. "Ewie! Wakeupewie!", he said as if the entire sentence was one word. He toddled over to the bed and proceeded to climb up and poke and prod at her, like any good little brother would do to ensure that his big sissy got to school on time. Just moments later the figure of an older teenager appeard in the door frame, looking rather pleased with herself.

"Hey, it's like 6:30. Sooo... Get up," she said. You could tell she was humored by the boy rousing her sister. This was mainly because she was the one who'd thought of it in the first place. It wasn't until the boy jabbed his small index finger into her eye that she finally reacted.

She yelped in pain. "Ouch, Oliver, please don't poke my eye," she mumbled stumbling out of bed. Evie shuffled her way past her siblings and out the door to the bathroom for a shower without another word. That wasn't the best way to be woken up, and to tell you the truth it put Evie off her normal easygoing mood. But really, can you blame her? I think not. Becoming more bright-eyed with each step, by the time the water hit she was wide wake. The warm water once again brought Evie to her normal, composed attitude. She dried her hair and looked at her self in the mirror. Striking gray eyes stared back at her through the mirror accentuating her visible cheek bones. Her brown, wavy hair fell an inch past her shoulders. The reflection showed a tall, slender, pale girl; her skin boor no blemishes. And this was do to her regular hygienic routine. After all, no matter what your person style may be, to some degree you're skin conscious. She grabbed a white T-shirt with a picture of a some what distorted crane, with the writing 'Circa Survive' underneath the picture. She was partial to band shirts as of late. They were comfortable, showed her personality, and more importantly looked good on her. Next, the teen slipped into a pair of skinny jeans and worn, low top converse.

Evie walked downstairs to find her mother rearranging what looked to be spice bottles in the cabinets above the kitchen sink. The kitchen was expensive to say the least. Starting from the floor: light hard wood flooring cover the area of the room, in the middle sat a a modern, obsidian island holding a wire fruit-basket, and a roll of paper towels. Surrounding it, were dark counter tops, drawers, and counter tops. Resting in one of the counters was a large, bowl-shaped, stainless steel sink.

"What's the order today mom?" she ask as if it was no unusual sight. And it wasn't, Melanie Grant organized and reorganized things in the kitchen on an almost daily basis. The busy women turned at the soft of her daughter's creamy voice enter the room. Melanie, was also fairly tall. Not as tall as Evie, but tall. She had straight, blond hair, green eyes, and for having given birth to three kids- she was thin too. Melanie put down the cinnamon shaker that she was holding and gave Evie a look of unsuspecting disbelief.

"I don't rearrange this that often, dear," she protested. It's nice to have things in order, especially when you're looking for something," Although this was true, one did not need to go the extent that she did when organizing. She then switched from spices, to spraying the counter with Mr. Clean and wiping it down with a paper towel. Oh yes, she was a germ freak- which isn't a bad thing, but Melanie was obsessive. "And Evelin, why do dress that way? I'm never going to get grandchildren with you going out looking like that," This was not the first of her drilling episodes.

"You'll get plenty from Kelsey," she replied trying to control her laughter. Though giggles still emitted from her, the snickers were lessened when she covered her mouth with her hand.

blah blah blah, more writing will go here.. XD
XD
Ya, I had a feeling it would show up differently in PM's. Sorry bout that. ;D
It'll be used in the regular forums.

As far as alignments go...
I'd like the paragraphs to be inline with the right side of the picture- like the first three paragraphs are. D:

but then once the text gets past the picture, it goes to the left. T.T

Smitten Wench

10,650 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Generous 100
i n k in the pink
XD
Ya, I had a feeling it would show up differently in PM's. Sorry bout that. ;D
It'll be used in the regular forums.

As far as alignments go...
I'd like the paragraphs to be inline with the right side of the picture- like the first three paragraphs are. D:

but then once the text gets past the picture, it goes to the left. T.T

How about now?
    Edit: Oh! Wait. Do you mean getting the text so it just goes in one straight line?
Yesh!
In a straight line, puhlease. ;D

Smitten Wench

10,650 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Generous 100
    I think the only way to get it that way would be to have an un-see able picture....like...a white block put in so that the text aligns the way you want it.

Other then that I'm not sure how to get it in a straight line. D:

I'll try making a block right now.
That ish what I thought would have to happen.. =/

OHTENKYU
for working on a block. ;D

Smitten Wench

10,650 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Generous 100
    Yeah. Wish there was an easier way.

You're welcome! xD
User Image

Alright, got a block. XD

<------------------------Block ish there. I think 0.o

Now I just don't know where to put it. =/

Smitten Wench

10,650 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Generous 100
    Hmm....I've tried it in a few places - but while it looks okay in the preview once I hit submit and view it on the thread the picture and the block are next to each other. gonk Perhaps making the white block an extension to the actual image would work. 3nodding
Okay, no problem! XD
I've given up on the block thingy...
And looking at it now, it would make my post too long and huge D:

Besides, I like the way it turned out. ;D
Thanks for putting up with me by the way!

Quote:

User Image

User Image

'I am thinking it's a sign that the freckles
                                    In our eyes are mirror images and when
                                    We kiss they're perfectly aligned
                                    And I-'

The ring tone was interrupted by the abrupt opening and closing of the phone from which the song played. It seemed to continue in her ears despite the discontinuation. Delicate fingers clutched the thin, silver, cell phone, creating a fist. In a lackadaisical motion, the fist was thrown against a pillow and used to prop the girl up whilst she was still in a half-asleep state. She rubbed head, her eyes, her face, and looked to the small screen on her phone to read the time. 6:00am, I still have time... She rolled to the right and peered out at the window. Despite the time, it was still very dark outside, obviously because of the amount of gray clouds in the sky. With that, the puffy haired, dazed, teen returned to her sleeping position, closed her eyes, and the sandman made a return visit. In her sleep she did not stir. Her head hit the pillow, and that was it. Above the bed were posters and stickers of various bands and artist. There room was heavily themed; music. There was also a certain untidiness present that made it clear this was prime habitat for an adolescent individual.

The room itself, was unusually spacious for bedroom. On the opposite side of the sleeping teen was a cold, metal desk. And on it- a mac notebook, a black and white composition book with a pencil on top, and other than that, it was surprisingly empty. The carpet was off white, almost a light beige. The walls blue. The ceiling, was originally white, until it was invaded and completely overcome by posters. There were of course, a couple small piles of clothes on the floor, but the remainder of her apparel was in the closet.

Thump, thump, thump-thump-thump-thump. The sound of an awkward, quick, almost off balanced walk coming up the hall brought her wake again. Two attempts of trying to twist the door knob and the door opened. There stood a boy looking around the age of two. "Ewie! Wakeupewie!", he said as if the entire sentence was one word. He toddled over to the bed and proceeded to climb up and poke and prod at her, like any good little brother would do to ensure that his big sissy got to school on time. Just moments later the figure of an older teenager appeard in the door frame, looking rather pleased with herself.

"Hey, it's like 6:30. Sooo... Get up," she said. You could tell she was humored by the boy rousing her sister. This was mainly because she was the one who'd thought of it in the first place. It wasn't until the boy jabbed his small index finger into his sister's eye that she finally reacted.

She yelped in pain. "Ouch, Oliver, please don't poke my eye," she mumbled stumbling out of bed. Evie shuffled her way past her siblings and out the door to the bathroom for a shower without another word. That wasn't the best way to be woken up, and to tell you the truth it put Evie off her normal easygoing mood. But really, can you blame her? I think not. Becoming more bright-eyed with each step, by the time the water hit she was wide wake. The warm water once again brought Evie to her normal, composed attitude. She dried her hair and looked at her self in the mirror. Striking gray eyes stared back at her through the mirror accentuating her cheek bones. Her brown, wavy hair fell an inch past her shoulders. The reflection showed a tall, slender, pale girl; her skin boor no blemishes. And this was do to her regular hygienic routine. After all, no matter what your person style may be, to some degree you're skin conscious. She grabbed a white T-shirt with a image of a some what distorted crane, with the writing 'Circa Survive' underneath the picture. She was partial to band shirts as of late. They were comfortable, showed her personality, and more importantly looked good on her. Next, the teen slipped into a pair of skinny jeans and worn, low top converse.

Evie walked downstairs to find her mother rearranging what looked to be spice bottles in the cabinets above the kitchen sink. The kitchen was expensive to say the least. Starting from the floor: light hard wood flooring cover the area of the room, in the middle sat a a modern, obsidian island holding a wire fruit-basket, and a roll of paper towels. Surrounding it, were dark counter tops, drawers, and counter tops. Resting in one of the counters was a large, bowl-shaped, stainless steel sink.

"What's the order today, mom?" she ask as if it was no unusual sight. And it wasn't, Melanie Grant organized and reorganized things in the kitchen on an almost daily basis. The busy women turned at the soft of her daughter's creamy voice enter the room. Melanie, was also fairly tall. Not as tall as Evie, but tall. She had straight, blond hair, green eyes, and for having given birth to three kids- she was thin too. Melanie put down the bottle labeled 'CINNAMON', that she was holding and gave Evie a look of unsuspecting disbelief.

"I don't rearrange this that often, dear," she protested. It's nice to have things in order, especially when you're looking for something," Although this was true, one did not need to go the extent that she did when organizing. She then switched from spices, to spraying the counter with Mr. Clean and wiping it down with a paper towel. Oh yes, she was a germ freak- which isn't a bad thing at all. On the contrary, 'better safe than sorry', yes? But Melanie was obsessive. "And Evelin, why do dress that way? I'm never going to get grandchildren with you going out looking like that," This was not the first of her drilling episodes.

"You'll get plenty from Kelsey," she replied trying to control her laughter. Though giggles still emitted from her, the snickers were lessened when she covered her mouth with her hand.

◦ ◦ ◦1111Cutie, if it all falls through

_________________________________________×××

Her mother didn't reply- and rightly so. What was she going to say? It was completely true. Evie waiting a moment, expecting another comeback. When there was none, she made her way over to the toaster just in time to get her hands on the final product; two slices of wonderfully gold, crispy pieces of toast. Merely seconds later the all too familiar thump-thump-thump-thump footsteps came across the wood floors as Oliver flung himself against Evie's leg and clamped on like those toy monkeys with magnets in the appendages. Following Oliver, was Kelsey, wearing a denim skirt, and a pink lacoste polo. Was she aware of how cold it was outside?! Granted she was wearing a rather puffy white jacket with faux fur lining on the hood, it still didn't make up for her decision to a damn mini skirt. "Good morning darling," Melanie said with a beaming smile. It was apparent she felt as if her pride and joy had just entered the room, and Evie and Oliver were nothing but mere spectators. "Evie, you better get going if you want to make it on time," she added. Kelsey, being a senior, constructed her schedule in such a way as to exempt herself from getting a first period; she didn't need to leave for school until hours after her younger sister had already been in class.

"Yeah, okay. Bye mom, Kelsey-" she paused. Looking down she shook off the clinging toddler. "Oliver," she finished with a laugh. Evie turned, made her way to the door toast in hand and stopped at the coat rack. By putting one piece of toast in her mouth, she somehow managed to slip on a charcoal zip up hoodie. Reaching down to grab her messenger bag -decorated with buttons and pins- and containing a text book and a couple binders, she continued out the door.

A numbing shock. The intense wave of cold Colorado air hitting her delicate face made her breath instantly visible. She finished her breakfast by the time she had reached the end of the street, her messenger back hung on her right shoulder. Evie crossed her arms over her torso in a sad attempt to become remotely warm. After only a couple more streets had gone by, she put up the hood on her jacket. Fingers detailed with nails painted black polish held the fabric and brought it over the top of her head. Just three more blocks. The thought repeated over, and over, and over, in the girl's head, assuring that she was almost there and wouldn't be this cold for too much longer.

When she reached the campus, Evie was greeted by a short, strawberry-blonde girl running towards her and nearly knocking her over in a hug. She had bright green eyes, and a freckled nose. Yep. She's Irish. Releasing Evie from the embrace she frantically looked up at Evie,"Oh my God, I'm so glad I found you- what was our gov. homework?!"

"Notes for our debate,"

"Oh. That's it? Okay," she shrugged and started to walk away. She stopped and turned around when Evie spoke up.

"Is that all you wanted me for? Lauren, I feel so used," she plead half joking. But it was true, Lauren really only stayed around Evie until she got the information she wanted, and then she would leave. Who knows, where to. Knowing her past, it was probably to meet her boyfriend by the flagpole for a before-class-make-out-session. But Evie never said anything to Lauren about it. What she did was one hundred percent up to her, and Evie had no place to interfere.

"Aw, Evie, you know I love you. I just have to go meet Jake, okay? I'll... see you at lunch!" Before Evie had a chance to reply, she was gone. She continued through the circles of people until she reached her first period classroom, waving to certain people in the crowds. Minutes later, the bell rang.

She entered the classroom and took a seat in the second row from the back and removed her hood. Yeah, Evie's one of those girls. She didn't like sitting in the very front, because if she ever felt a dieing need to take a nap, she wouldn't be able to. And neither did she enjoy sitting in the back. As you know, the students who sit in the very back of the classroom have a reputation of slacking off, and Evie wasn't like that. The class consisted mainly off seniors. Evie was one of maybe seven juniors. But it was an honor class for her, so the minority is to be expected.

1111111Do you know who you are
1111111111111111111YOU'RE MY SHOOTING STR

User Image

User Image

Fool's paradise, fond hope, vision, imagining, reverie; all synonyms for 'daydream'. Oh yes. We all do it. Some more than others, some hardly at all. Evie seemed to be caught in an unshakable trance. Apparently extremely interested in what she was examining, the only time she moved was to keep her hair out of her face. It was as if her eyes were in contact with the trees, like they were looking back at the girl just as she was staring at them. What could possibly have Evie so caught up?

'...I am thinking it's a sign
                                    that the freckles in our eyes are mirror images
                                    and when we kiss they're perfectly aligned.
                                    And I have to speculate
                                    that God himself could make us into corresponding shapes
                                    like puzzle pieces...'

Over and over, she heard the same refrain. The ringing in her ears was the ring tone she had set for when either someone at the house, or her mother tried to reach her. Evie also set this tune for her alarm in the mornings. It was a soft melody, one that was easy on the ears, and didn't startle the sleeping teen when she woke up, like so many alarms clocks do when making sounds like a fire alarm. She let the phone continue to ring, not answering it. When this was intensional, or she simply didn't connect the dots to realize that her mother was calling was unclear. A few verses later and the song stopped. The screen showed '1missed call'.

A startling collision. Finally, something interrupted the girl's persistent gazing at Pinegreen. With a quick jolt, Evie realized that Kait Amherst had just experienced a full on collision and was now on the ground. Didn't they have second period together last year? Evie seemed to recall seeing the slender blonde haired, blue eyed girl some seats in front of her during second period. While in class, Evie would take a seat in the second row from the back. Yeah, Evie's one of those girls. She didn't like sitting in the very front, because if she ever felt a dieing need to take a nap, she wouldn't be able to. And neither did she enjoy sitting in the back. As you well know, the students who sit in the very back of the classroom have a reputation of slacking off, and Evie wasn't like that- always.

"Oh! Sorry," Evie exclaimed in reply to Kait's reaction. The blonde stood about average height. She was slender, and a pair of icy blue eyes stared back at her, sizing up Evie. She did the same. As far as she could recollect, the two of them got along pretty well. Why then, did they communicate so little? Maybe it was another 'social class' thing. What ever the reason, they were talking now, there was no avoiding it. "I was just, she paused, fishing for the right word to use. just distracted," as she said this, she looked over her shoulder to the indigenous forest, ever moaning. Evie turned back to face the other girl, "Are you o-" just then her phone started ringing again. Once more the sounds of 'Such great heights' by the Postal Service filled the air.

"Mom?"she picked up the phone. Her voice was slightly muffled by the sounds of passers-by going to get their schedules. That reminded her- she still need to get her own schedule. Oh well, what's the hurry, right? She looked at Kait and mouthed an apologie.

"Evelin?"

"Mom,"

"Evelin dear, be careful at school today. Something bizarre is going on in Pine green, that forest by your school, it's all over the news,"

"Ya, I heard," Evie answered, shifting her gaze to various circles of people. Did they know what's going on? Is it just some group of high kids trying to scare people?

It was her mother's turn again to speak, "Well be careful! And when you get home, bring in the mail, put away your laundry, and can you please clean the dining room table? Really, I've been asking you to clean it for what seems like a millennia and this morning while I was watering the plants, I could've sworn I saw ringlets from cups left on that table. And-"

At that point, she pulled the phone away from her ear, and plunged into protest. The seventeen year old racked her brain to locate the words that seemed so hard to find. If she didn't stop her mother dearest now, at that rate, it would be very likely that Kait would be waiting all day long for Evie to get off the phone. And in any case, Evie didn't want to listen to her go off on her that long either. Perfectly normal for a teenager, yes? Finally, she'd found just the right words. Her fingers brought the razor phone back to her ear, she took in a breath and the words met her pale lips, "I will. Hey, I haveta go, they're saying something about the forest- bye,"

◦ ◦ ◦1111Cutie, if it all falls through

_________________________________________×××

Understand that Evie is not much good at lying, so getting away with a line such as that was a superb thing in and of itself. She closed and returned the cell phone to the front pocket of her dark skinny jeans and turned her attention back to her classmate. A cool breeze brushed against her back, pushing like brown locks to the front side of her shoulders and continue to blow in the wind to which she paid no heed. Gray eyes, against porcelain skin, stared at the girl before her. Evie was odd in that sense. With exceptions to her family, when she takes part in a conversation, she never really loses eye contact until the other participant(s) look away. She simply took an interest in other people, don't most of us? Obviously not all of people feel that way. There are those among us who choose to be remote, standoffish, avoiding, cynical, and so on. The breeze ceased, and her wavy hair fell softly on her shoulders creating a delicate frame for her face.

She adjusted her messenger bag that lay at rest on her right shoulder. Several students passed, each taking their turn in shooting questioning looks at Pinegreen, and then sending various looks to Kait and Evie. Through peripheral vision, Evie thought she recognized plenty of them. Then, moments later, she could not mistake it. Out of the corner of her eye, the girl saw her sister Kelsey's bright red volkswagen bug pull into the parking lot of the school. She too would be getting a car- someday. There had been a time where she had been given the opportunity to get a car of her own. For whatever reason, she turned it down. Needless to say, Evie was definitely regretting her past decision of opting out of getting a car. Especially with school starting again, making way for fall and ultimately a bitter, cold, winter. Walking to school in such temperatures wouldn't be the best way to start off the day. Maybe through some negotiations and extensive bribery, Kelsey would drive her to school until she got a car of her own. She stepped out of her small red car. She resembled Evie in the sense that she was tall, but other than that the two of them did not look that much alike. Kelsey had straight, dark brown hair, side bangs, dark green eyes, and she had a healthier weight than Evie did. And, unlike her younger sister, during the summer her nose would host a light patch of freckles. She walked towards the school and then further out of sight. She probably wouldn't get her books until she'd had her fill of a make out session with her boy toy, Ryan Turnbull, through whom, Evie found out about up coming parties and other happenings.

Evie cleared her throat and took in a breath of fresh air,"Uh do you know what's going on in there?" inquired, referring to Pinegreen. Not that she thought for one moment that anyone had any sort of clue as to what was residing in the forest causing this mayhem, it didn't hurt to ask. The teen pushed part of her hair behind her one of her ears, away from her face.

1111111Do you know who you are
1111111111111111111YOU'RE MY SHOOTING STR

I'm trying to get the first half of the post to be aligned like the second half... D<

And the line through the middle with the x's to be more on the left, like it is in my previous post. T.T

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff