The Fortunate Son

Eighteen Male Closeted Bisexual
Friendly | Competitive | Confident

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxHaru Tokushima

Shy Exhibitionist

Skeletons

User Image User Image User Image

(Full name)
(Creative title. Example: "The Naive Cowgirl" )

(age spelled out) (gender) (sexual orientation)
(Trait 1) | (Trait 2) | (Trait 3)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx(Username)

[img](100 x 100 image)[/img] [img](100 x 100 image)[/img] [img](100 x 100 image)[/img]

[size=16][color=color2](Full name)[/color][/size]
[size=14][color=color1](Creative title. Example: "The Naive Cowgirl")[/color][/size]

[color=color2][size=13](age spelled out) [color=color1][size=11]●[/size][/color] (gender) [color=color1][size=11]●[/size][/color] (sexual orientation)
(Trait 1) [color=color1][size=12]|[/size][/color] (Trait 2) [color=color1][size=12]|[/size][/color] (Trait 3)[/size][/color]
[color=white]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/color][size=14][color=color1][size=9]✗[/size][u][color=color2](Username)[/color][/u][/color][/size]

User ImageHello, my name is (Full name), but you can call me (nickname - repeat first name if your char doesn't have one.).
              I blew out
              (age) candles on (birthday).
              My anatomy says I'm
              (gender).
              Love is blind:
              (sexual orientation)
              The marks on the wall say I'm (height).
              I'm in this grade:
              (grade level: freshman - senior)

The way I act: (Personality - I want to see at least five traits, including the three you used for the reserve. You can list the traits or write in paragraph form. Also, make sure you have both good and bad traits. And if you could include what kind of people/clique your char associates with, and maybe how they view other cliques, that would be great.)
              I love:
                (like)
                (like)
                (like)
                (like - must have at least 4, but you can copy the code and list more if you want.)

But I hate:
                (dislike)
                (dislike)
                (dislike)
                (dislike - must have at least 4, but you can copy the code and list more if you want.)

My life thus far: (Bio - at least a paragraph of seven sentences.)
              My classes: (6 classes--list them in the order in which your char is taking them)
              Oh, something else I need to mention: (Any extra info you want to share. If you don't have any, then you can erase this line of code.)

(Username)

[list][list][list][list][list][list][imgright](Character's picture - don't make this TOO big)[/imgright][size=11][color=color1]Hello, my [b][color=color2]name[/color][/b] is[/color] (Full name)[color=color1], but you can [b][color=color2]call me[/color][/b][/color] (nickname - repeat first name if your char doesn't have one.)[color=color1].
I blew out[/color] (age) [color=color1][b][color=color2]candles[/color][/b] on[/color] (birthday)[color=color1].
My [b][color=color2]anatomy[/color][/b] says I'm[/color] (gender)[color=color1].
[b][color=color2]Love[/color][/b] is blind:[/color] (sexual orientation)
[color=color1]The [b][color=color2]marks on the wall[/color][/b] say I'm[/color] (height)[color=color1].
I'm in this [b][color=color2]grade[/color][/b]:[/color] (grade level: freshman - senior)

[color=color1]The way I [b][color=color2]act[/color][/b]:[/color] (Personality - I want to see at least five traits, including the three you used for the reserve. You can list the traits or write in paragraph form. Also, make sure you have both good and bad traits. And if you could include what kind of people/clique your char associates with, and maybe how they view other cliques, that would be great.)
[color=color1]I [b][color=color2]love[/color][/b]:[/color]
[list][color=color2]❤[/color] (like)
[color=color2]❤[/color] (like)
[color=color2]❤[/color] (like)
[color=color2]❤[/color] (like - must have at least 4, but you can copy the code and list more if you want.)[/list]
[color=color1]But I [b][color=color2]hate[/color][/b]:[/color]
[list][color=color2]☠[/color] (dislike)
[color=color2]☠[/color] (dislike)
[color=color2]☠[/color] (dislike)
[color=color2]☠[/color] (dislike - must have at least 4, but you can copy the code and list more if you want.)[/list]

[color=color1][b][color=color2]My life[/color][/b] thus far:[/color] (Bio - at least 7 sentences long.)
[color=color1]My [b][color=color2]classes[/color][/b]:[/color] (6 classes listed in the order in which your char is taking them)
[color=color1]Oh, [b][color=color2]something else[/color][/b] I need to mention:[/color] (Any extra info you want to share. If you don't have any, then you can erase this line of code.)[/size][/list][/list][/list][/list]

[size=14][color=color1][size=9]✗[/size][u][color=color2](Username)[/color][/u][/color][/size][/list][/list]

Shy Exhibitionist

Classes

Period 1: 9:00 AM - 9:50 AM
Period 2: 9:55 AM - 10:45 AM
Period 3: 10:50 AM - 11:40 AM
Lunch: 11:45 AM - 12:45 PM
Period 4: 12:50 PM - 1:40 PM
Period 5: 1:45 PM - 2:35 PM
Period 6: 2:40 PM - 3:30 PM

Note: You can change the order of the classes for your character's grade level, so, for example, a character can have Freshman English for third period instead of first, and have their first elective for second period instead of fifth, if that's how you want to do it.

xxFreshmen
    Freshman English or Honors Freshman English
    Algebra I, Geometry, or Algebra II
    European History
    Biology
    Elective 1
    Elective 2

xxSophmores
    Sophomore English or Honors Sophomore English
    Geometry, Algebra II, or Pre-Calculus
    American History
    Chemistry
    Elective 1
    Elective 2

User ImagexxJuniors
    Junior English or AP English
    Algebra II, Pre-Calculus, or Calculus
    Non-western History, Psychology, Government, Economics, or an AP of any of the social studies classes listed thus far (including the ones from previous years)
    Anatomy & Physiology, Environmental Science, Physics, or an AP of any of the science classes listed thus far (including the ones from previous years)
    Elective 1
    Elective 2

xxSeniors
    Senior English or AP English
    Pre-Calculus, Calculus, AP Calculus, AP Statistics
    Non-western History, Psychology, Government, Economics, or an AP of any of the social studies classes listed thus far (including the ones from previous years)
    Anatomy & Physiology, Environmental Science, Physics, or an AP of any of the science classes listed thus far (including the ones from previous years)
    Elective 1
    Elective 2

xxElectives
    Art (I, II, III, AP)
    Crafts
    Ceramics (I, II, III, AP)
    Photography (I, II, III, AP)
    Woodshop

Spanish (I, II, III, IV, AP)
    Latin (I, II, III, IV, AP)
    French (I, II, III, IV, AP)

Choir
    Band
    Orchestra
    Drama
    Dance
    Music Theory

Gourmet Cuisine
    Home Economics
    Health
    Physical Education
    Marketing

Filming
    Information Technology
    Creative Writing
    Study Hall
    One of the core subjects, with the exception of math (unless you're a junior or senior) and English

Shy Exhibitionist

Setting

User Image

Bellhart High is located in Bellhart, California, which is about a twenty-minute drive from the coast. The district has a healthy blend of the upper, middle, and lower classes. The school is good for both its academics and athletics. The school colors are blue and white, and the mascot is a bulldog.

Library
Cafeteria
Gym
Auditorium

Date
    Thursday, Sept. 27, 2012

Time
    Eight o'clock hour, before first period starts

Weather
    Sunny, warm

Shy Exhibitionist

→ the prideful performer
          name ; tucker leigh johnson
          age ; seventeen
          gender ; male
          sexual orientation ; bi
          grade ; junior
          theme song ; when i grow up by the pussycat dolls
          clique ; singers/choir
          crush ; n/a
          personality ; easygoing, schmoozer, conceited
          face claim ; deviantart model jesse
                Haru Tokushima

→ the military son
          name ; jonathon maverick hill
          age ; eighteen
          gender ; male
          sexual orientation ; bi
          grade ; senior
          theme song ; fortunate son - creedence clearwater revival
          clique ; drifters
          crush ; n/a
          personality ; friendly, competitive, adventurous
          face claim ; deviantart model
                Haru Tokushima

Shy Exhibitionist

Relationships

- In a relationship
            - Cheating
            ↠, ↞↠ - Crush
            ϟ - Broken Up
            - Best friends
            - Frenemies
            - Enemies

(PM me to add one to the list.)

xxxx

User Image
      If anyone feels compelled to create a relationships thread for their character(s), I'll put 'em up here.

Shy Exhibitionist

Gossip

xxxxxWord around school is that...

...example!
              Started by: N/A
              True // Unknown // False

(PM me to get one started. Also, I won't be notifying anyone of updates, so be sure to check here periodically.)
      User Image
        ...Tucker slept with a teacher!
              Started by: N/A
              True // Unknown // False

Shy Exhibitionist

Announcements

xxxxxSchool Events

Friday, Sept. 28 - Some kind of event is going to happen on this night. If you have any suggestions, please feel free to share them in the OOC.

xxxxxOOC Announcements

8/9 - Thread is open.

Shy Exhibitionist

User ImageHello, my name is Tucker Leigh Johnson, but you can call me Tucker.
              I blew out
              16 candles on December 3.
              My anatomy says I'm
              a dude.
              Love is blind:
              Bi
              The marks on the wall say I'm 5'10".
              I'm in this grade:
              Junior

The way I act: Let's see...I'm a friendly guy, I'm a total schmooze, and I'm easygoing. Sometimes I have a little too much pride for my own good, so when I do something embarrassing, it's completely crushing for me, and I kinda get pushy when someone's trying to attack my pride. In some instances I can be impulsive, like when it comes to doing something creative, and sometimes my impulsiveness can make me a little vengeful when I'm wronged badly enough. Usually it's in an indirect way, like spreading false rumors or keying someone's car. I can be a bit of a flirt--more for the guys than the girls, only because Mom taught me to be classier with them, but I'll flirt when they do. Oh yeah, and for some reason people think I'm conceited, but whatever. They're just jealous because I have the talent and the looks.

When it comes to the people at school, I mainly associate with the guys and gals who are into performing arts, but I always try my luck with befriending the populars, too. There's only been some luck. A few like me; the rest just brush me off. For everyone else, I talk to them so long as it doesn't destroy any reputation I have. So, no talking to the outcasts or the nerds, or at least not when others can see.
              I love:
                Rock, pop, sixties, and adult alternative
                Camping
                Baseball--playing, not watching
                Swimming
                Reading
                Acting
                Singing
                Partying...sometimes. I don't do it as much like I used to.
                Playing guitar
                Chicken and seafood

But I hate:
                Rap and metal
                Hotdogs and sausage
                Being called a pretty boy
                Science and math
                Any other sports
                Waking up early

My life thus far: Where to begin? Well, I grew up right here in Bellhart. Mom's a hairstylist and Dad's a landscaper. Growing up, I was kinda closer to Mom. She liked to act at the community theater and sing, so I got that stuff from her. The only difference is that I want to act for the screen, not the stage.

I'd say the only bad thing from my childhood, besides being a little snot a few times, was that I looked a little effeminate. Maybe growing out my hair didn't help, but I stopped doing that in fourth grade after being picked on for my looks a few too many times. When I started going through puberty, I started looking more like a guy, although people still ended up thinking I was gay. Funny story, actually. My sister, who's two years older than me, and who's completely obsessed with gay men, decided she would try to get me to come out when I was a freshman. She was all like, "So, is there anything you want to talk about? You can tell me anything." And, "It's okay, I already know." And, "Wait, you aren't gay?" Even though I told her I wasn't, she ended up shoving Brokeback Mountain into my hands one day and told me I could watch it if I wanted (which I did...fantastic acting, but the plot wasn't that great).

Okay, so maybe those people who suspected me to be gay are kind of right. I like guys and girls equally, but I didn't know I was bi until the beginning of my sophomore year. I met a guy at summer camp who lives in a nearby school district, and he ended up kissing me. But that was as far as we went, because, well, he was hot, until he whipped out his three inches (three-and-a-half, according to him, but whatever). Me laughing at him kind of hurt our friendship for a while, but he forgave me and we moved on. After that, I gradually came out, first starting with friends, then to family, and then to people in general, whenever mentioning it fit naturally in the conversation.

When I started high school, I liked to party--a lot--and I liked to get totally wasted. It's the cool thing to do, right? Anyway, I don't drink that much anymore. Maybe I'll have just enough to loosen me up, but that's it. After what happened at the end of sophomore year, I'm careful.
              My classes: Junior English, non-western history, Algebra II, environmental science, drama, choir
              Oh, something else I need to mention: Most people would say my singing sounds like Nathaniel David Becker's (go to 2:33 in this video).

Haru Tokushima

Shy Exhibitionist

User ImageHello, my name is Jonathon Maverick Hill, but you can call me Jonathon, Jon, or Jonny.
              I blew out
              eighteen candles on September 7.
              My anatomy says I'm
              male.
              Love is blind:
              Bisexual
              The marks on the wall say I'm 5'11".
              I'm in this grade:
              Senior

The way I act: I'm a nice and friendly guy. I'll talk to just about anyone who's willing to chat with me. I'm competitive, and I won't turn down a challenge, even if it's something I know I can't do. The only exception to this is if it's something illegal. A lot of people like to exploit this in Truth or Dare, and some of the stuff I get put up to has gotten me injured in the past--not that I'm complaining, of course. It's part of life. Sometimes I see challenges in things that aren't meant to be taken that way, too. All in all, you could say I have a need to constantly prove myself to everyone around me, especially the people I have a thing for. That's why people hear about my achievements, not my failures, but who talks about those, anyway? But some might think I'm bragging when I do this. I have an adventurous spirit, so I'm open to trying new things, just for the experience. I'm disorganized, or at least I would be if my parents wouldn't constantly harp me about keeping things clean, so my room's always tidy while it looks like a tornado happened in my backpack. I try to be honest with people, and for the most part I am, but there are times when I'll tell a little white lie.

You know, that whole clique thing is dumb. I don't pay much attention to it. Like I said, I'll talk to just about anyone, regardless of what group they belong to. The only time I won't talk to someone is if I don't like them, but that would be because of their behavior and personality, not for something petty like how they look. For example, people who complain about their lives a lot. I don't mind listening to people's problems, but I can only take so much of it. Everyone has problems. It's a fact of life. Instead of bitching about them, do something! Either that or keep quiet. And then there are those arrogant people. It's rude, I know, but I get a kick out of bursting their bubbles when I have the chance. But yeah, with all of that aside, I hang out with the jocks the most, or anyone who has the same interests as me. You know, because it's easier to do things with those people.
              I love:
                Rock and some metal
                ATVs and dirt bikes
                Kayaking/canoeing
                Rock climbing
                Paintballing
                Playing sports, especially football
                Hunting
                Challenging himself/pushing his limits
                Camping
                Ribs and steak

But I hate:
                Sitting still for too long
                Being alone for long periods of time
                Reading
                Cowards
                Whiners and complainers
                Really arrogant people
                Having people complain to me about my dad's political views, and when people assume I hold those same values
                Politics in general

My life thus far: I was born and raised right here in Bellhart. My dad's a veteran who served two terms in the army before meeting my mom. I was the second kid they had, with my brother being a year older than me and my sister being two years younger than me. Since the last election, my dad's been a senator, and now that this year's election day is growing close, his face is bombarding the TV screen.

Anyway, that's enough about them. I don't really know what to say about my childhood. I was a wild kid, but, you know, my dad being a military man has made him strict, and my mom's not any more lenient when it comes to discipline, so I shaped up, or at least got better at not getting caught. I was always in sports and I was in boys scouts until I started high school.

When I was a freshman, I realized I wasn't into only girls. There was no experimenting. I just knew. This left me a little depressed, but I got over it and learned to accept myself. But I haven't come out to anyone yet. I'm too afraid to, especially when it comes to my family. After all, my parents are republican--my dad's all for keeping gays from having rights. Anyone who sees his campaign knows this. Because of this, it's only girls for me, which is fine, but sometimes I can't help but to feel as though I'm missing out on something.

Being a senior, you'd think I'd be looking forward to graduation, but I'm not. Not so much. My dad wants both my brother and I to enlist in the army. My brother's already joined, and now it's my turn. I like the idea of being a hero and serving the country, but I'll be honest, I'm nervous about what could become of me. I don't want to end up dead, permanently injured, or traumatized. I don't know what to do, but for now, I'm focusing on the positives and going along with what my dad wants.

One more thing: ever since I turned eighteen, I took on this new job. I'm a stripper at Craves, a gay club half an hour from town. No one knows this, because I know no one would understand--and I'm not doing it because I can get a lot of money. Sure, that's nice, but that's not it. It's for something else. Part of it's just for the experience, but I guess there's more to it than that. What, I don't know. I haven't tried to analyze it. But yeah, to everyone that asks I'm a waiter at an Applebee's.
              My classes: Senior English, physics, calculus, government, P.E., study hall
              Oh, something else I need to mention: N/A

Haru Tokushima

Shy Exhibitionist

User ImagexxxxxUser ImagexxxxxUser Image

The Prideful Performer

I wanna be famous
I wanna be a star
I wanna be in movies

User Image--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tucker's own smile widened a little when he saw Fallon's. The one she had given him when she said hey was nice, but this one was nicer. It was more than some polite gesture. And in the back of his mind, he fist pumped. Compliments were the easiest way to get someone to open up--except maybe not so much with straight guys, when you were another guy. He chuckled lightly when Fallon explained she put it on while she was mostly asleep. "Yeah, it looks great," he said, and then mentally slapped himself for the redundancy while keeping up his typical easygoing front. Well, whatever. It was better he didn't go with something more, anyway, unless he wanted to look like he was trying too hard to flatter her. Not that he was necessarily trying to flirt. Just being nice was all, even if it might have been because of certain feelings.

When Fallon looked down at her wrist where the bracelet was, he did the same, but he looked back up at her upon hearing her speak again. "Yeah? Well it sounds like it has a good message." The bracelet said something about her character, at least. Maybe. Maybe she wore it just because it looked nice or something, but he would like to think that wasn't the case. She seemed like an understanding person, and that was something he always liked coming across. You know, with him being bi and all. Idly he wondered whether she had ever seen the rainbow flag on the inside of his locker door. Probably not. It wasn't like he had it positioned to where it would be the first thing to catch someone's attention, and it wasn't that big, so it could go unnoticed by a quick glance. Tucker glanced back at his locker before he thought of something. With an inquiring look in his eyes, he looked back at her. "Say, when is your birthday?"

Okay, so maybe during this entire time Tucker might have been hoping to hear a compliment from Fallon. She hadn't said one--but that was okay. He wasn't conceited to where he would try to wiggle one out of her. Honestly, he didn't understand why some people thought he was like that--conceited, that was. Sure, he was confident. He had the looks--seriously, who could deny that? His face was blemish-free and cute, his hairstyle was just perfect, and he had a hot body--although maybe that last feature wasn't so noticeable; his shirts were a little loose on him, after all. And his singing and acting were wonderful. Maybe some people tried to point out some flaw, however minor, in either of the two, but whatever. Everyone was a critique. Then there was his dancing. People had given him a lot of beef over that in the past. Like this one time when he went to homecoming in freshman year. His date laughed at him. That...that had hurt a little. He didn't understand why people thought it was that bad, though. Sure, he wasn't Harry Shum Jr., but it wasn't bad!

Without thinking about it, Tucker turned his torso more toward Fallon when she did the same. And, naturally, his eyes fell when she leaned forward a little. Oh. Not wanting to come off as some horn-dog, he tried to play it off as some insignificant glance, but he wasn't good enough of an actor to conceal the way his eyes had lit up at the sight and the new quality his smile had--something subtle, but still perhaps noticeable. Okay, so maybe he couldn't resist one more quick glance, but that was it. No more. And he tried not to be too blatant about it. It was probably futile, though, since she was looking right at him. "I'm pretty good, too. Not so tired...surprisingly." He rolled his eyes a little, a small, toothy smile back on his face for that moment. Idly, he wondered about that rumor she heard about her having slept with the entire football team. That was definitely false, right? Not that it mattered. He was all for women's sexual liberation. But it did make him wonder something else: how good were the football players? And, more importantly, how big were they?

Well, he didn't ponder over it much. Getting a little distracted for a brief moment, Tucker glanced down the hall, spotting Kay sitting against the lockers with her ear buds in. She was all right, but he didn't know too much about her yet, since she was new here and all. She didn't look him in the eye too much. He just shrugged that off as her being a little shy or something, even if part of him, the part he didn't listen to, doubted that...or maybe Canadians weren't keen on making eye contact. Some kind of cultural mannerism or something.

After that brief moment, Tucker looked back at Fallon. "What do you have for first period?" He wasn't sure if he tried asking her that before. Sometimes it was hard to remember that sort of thing when he talked to quite a few people.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I wanna see the world
Drive nice cars
I wanna have groupies

Outfit: This, plus a livestrong band and a short-sleeved, green and white checkered button down shirt, left unbuttoned.
Relationships: Click - Still under construction.
OOC: N/A

Shy Exhibitionist

Jon Maverick Hill
The Fortunate Son

It is me, it is me
I am the senator's son, son
It is me, it is me
I am the fortunate one, one, one

User Image--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jon listened to Caleb's statement on being surprised about Kaylee knowing him, and he idly wondered when and how they had met. Maybe it was possible Kaylee could have just heard about the sophomore through gossip, but he doubted it. As far as he knew, there weren't any rumors circulating about the guy. Of course, he didn't have to ponder over this long; Kaylee provided the answer. A tutor? Jon looked at her with mild interest. He couldn't say he expected it, but in that case, she was a lot better than him in that regard. He didn't have the patience to help someone with math, or any other subject for that matter.

As for Caleb's gel comment, he smiled in amusement at it, but when their eyes met, he averted his gaze. No, he couldn't be of much help. Sure, he enjoyed assisting Caleb in adjusting in any way he could, but he had to draw the line at hair. It wasn't his forte. It was part of the reason why he kept his hair short like he had it currently. He didn't have to worry about how it looked because it couldn't get messed up. Fortunately, it looked like Kaylee was able, and willing, to give pointers. Good. That would let him off the hook, Caleb could get the help he might want, and Kaylee and Caleb could make a new friend while they were at it. It worked out well.

Kaylee's reaction to his question surprised Jon. Why was she blushing? The possibility that some might not be so receptive to her country of origin didn't occur to him. That kind of thing wasn't as obvious, at least to him, compared to a scenario where she might have been from the Middle East or a Latino country. He chuckled at her joke, and arched a brow at what she said last on the subject, a small smirk pulling at his lips. "Twenty bucks? I bet you'll need a sweatshirt come December. For at least half the month." He wasn't sure if she was actually going to accept the bet--it was probably just a figure of speech--but his competitive side compelled him to throw the possibility out there. Honestly, he didn't care too much about whether he won or lost, not for a bet, and part of it was because of the person he was betting against, but he was feeling pretty confident. They were just north of San Francisco, so the temperature was cooler here compared to Los Angeles. Average temperatures in December ranged from upper forties to upper fifties. Then again, that was bound to be nothing compared to what Canada experienced during that month.

Jon laughed a little at Kaylee's sudden outburst about her height. He had noticed it when he first met her, but now that it was brought to his attention, yeah, he realized the height difference again. "Yeah, you are pretty short," he teased, taking his hand from the top of his head down to the level of hers. "Huge difference." His smile widened for a moment before he looked at Caleb. His eyes bounced up and down his body once before settling on the top of his head. Then, finally, they lowered to look the younger male in the eyes. "You look like you're the same height as me. Five-eleven, right?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is me, it is me
I am a military son, son
It is me, it is me
I am the fortunate one, one, one

Outfit: Click
OOC: N/A

Shy Exhibitionist

[floatright]User Image[/floatright]Things were going well, but he was extremely exhausted. Noah's first day of classes had rolled along with little trouble--no embarrassing moments of winding up in the wrong room and no arriving late. If anything, it so far didn't seem too different from high school. They went over syllabi and touched on introductory material, and that was it. Most of the class sizes at Pembrooke University were kept around twenty students, although Noah was sure some exceeded that number. So far, the only couple of differences was that he wouldn't have the same classes every day and that the students were generally quiet--no class clowns making snide remarks and very few people muttering amongst themselves. Not that Noah was complaining. It was nice not having those kind of distractions, but at the same time, seeing the classroom so quiet was weird to him. Maybe that would change, once people got to know one another?

Well, he'd find out eventually. But, ultimately, Noah wasn't bothered by these new surroundings. Making a big leap such as attending college generally didn't bother him--sure, there were a few nerves, but for the most part, he had been calm while making the transition. Still, this change had been enough to wear him out, but then again, not being used to waking up before nine o'clock might have been part of it, too. He had three classes today, and with the way his schedule was arranged, they went from late morning to mid afternoon, with a little time for lunch in between. Actually, his last class had ended a couple hours ago. He spent a little of that time with Abby, his girlfriend of two years, and the rest of it sort of wandering around campus before heading back to his dorm.

Of course, Noah hadn't been trying to stall his return to his room because of his roommate. That was far from being the case. To his relief, Riley actually seemed like an all right guy, although he didn't know him too well yet. They hadn't talked too much, partly because Riley seemed shy and partly because Noah hadn't, since move-in day, spent a lot of time in the room, instead wanting to meet other people and try to figure out where he fit in at Pembrooke. Fortunately, he knew a few people prior to coming here. With this Maine university being a twenty to thirty minute drive from his hometown of Bellhart, a few people from his high school enrolled here. It was nowhere near as popular as the larger colleges within the state, but there were still enough of his old classmates who came here to where he felt like he knew some people while still remaining few enough to where he didn't feel like he was going to be dragged back into any drama that arose during those past four years. Fortunately, besides Abby, his friend Sean also came here. Like Abby, Sean commuted, but at least he knew he always had people with whom he could hang, if he for some reason failed at making any new friends.

Speaking of commuting versus staying on campus, both Abby and Sean had more or less criticized his decision to live on campus. Maybe he could see why--why bother when it would be so much cheaper to drive?--but he wanted to get away from the house. Noah didn't necessarily hate his parents, but their constant worry about their outward appearances annoyed him. He wanted to get away from that. Besides, living on campus was all a part of the college experience. Why pass that up? Although he did realize that there was one thing he wasn't going to enjoy about living on campus, and that was the lack of privacy. He wasn't used to sharing a room--he and his brother had the privilege of having their own bedrooms, and of course he hadn't been stuck in one with his sister. But he was sure he would grow used to it, and hopefully it wouldn't too much headbutting between him and his roommate to do so.

Noah passed several doors before arriving at his--room 211. With a turn of a key, the door unlocked and he stepped inside. No sign of Riley. He crossed the room to where his bed, dressed in a solid navy comforter, resided, dropping his black backpack down on the floor at its foot. It was there that he paused, looking around the room as he ran a hand through his hair, messing it up a little more than what it already was. (Not that it looked bad. Maybe some people would think differently, but he considered it stylish.) What to do?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff