Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

_[ .oO Navigation Oo. ]_

[.Rules.][.Description.][.Employees.]
[.Kizzy‘s Rant.]
R U L E S

[1.]Flaming: Do not intend insult, offense, physical, mental, or emotional harm upon others.

[2. ]Baiting:Do NOT seek to provoke individuals.

[3.]Aesthetic: create your posts in a pleasing manner.

[4.]Literacy: use your knowledge or a knowledgeable resource to construct posts with minimal grammar/spelling errors.

[5.]Conflict: Accurately depict any and all conflicts. Use logic to give the illusion of realism.

[6.]Play:Only control your character's actions, thoughts and emotions.

By Artemis’ decree any child under the age of 14 that enters the pub will either be thrown out with their guardian or made into a delicious stew. Any thievery will be dealt with by death. Any fights will be humored, and used for entertainment, though if it becomes tiresome or too destructive both competitors will be dealt with by death. Sleep-overs or attending while Artemis or her employees are not present will be dealt with by a rude awakening and then an untimely death. Cross the Vampiress or offend her pride and she will kill you.

_[ .oO Navigation Oo. ]_

[.Kizzy‘s Rant.]
D E S C R I P T I O N

In downtown Barton, mixed in with countless clothing shops and restaurants and nestled between a strip club and an abandoned lot sits Cassandra's Pub. The outside is a little worn and could use a new coat of paint, but the entrance door is inlaid with the most elaborate vine decor of gilded gold. Inside the floors have freshly been replaced with dark wood but still manage to have a well used look to them and creak under excessive pressure. The walls aren't yet refurbished entirely, the wall behind the bar is coated in a horrid wall paper, gold fleck on a bright red background, the walls adjacent to the entrance are a white color, long since tarnished by cigarette smoke and water stains. The far wall, however, is the beginning of an elaborate mural, one depicting the Trojan war in all it's glorious violence.

Three windows lined the wall of the entrance door, but the panes had been coated in a thick, red paint, distorting any light brave enough to try to enter. The windows are bare of drapes or shades, seeing as the paint did a good enough job keeping prying eyes out. On each sill sat a small array of tea light candles, letting off a faint vanilla scent that blended well with the usual woodsy smell, drying paint, liquor, and alcohol. Overhead were heavily shaded lamps, providing just enough light to be ambient and allow one to see the paintings without flooding the area with harsh, unnatural illumination.

The bar sits directly in front of the entrance and is normally the first thing noticed by customers. It's of a classic design with a rounded edge to it and a recess for one's legs to sit at it comfortably. The top is painted with a similar mural to the one on the wall, except this one is of Troy on fire, placed under glass and sitting so the customer can see it right side up. At the bar are about ten stools with a soft, plushy cushion black in color. To the far right is the swinging door to allow the workers to get in and out of the bar area.

Littered about the floor are a handful of small, round tables, just barely big enough to fit perhaps three comfortably, though they were made for two. Chairs are strewn in the tables, one or two to a table, occasionally a third mixed in for practical reasons more than logical ones. The wood of the furniture matched the floors and the cushions were of deep reds and flawless blacks.

Placed in two of the far corners stood curious statues, pure white, of flawless human form. One was of a Trojan warrior, armor dinged and sword chipped, his face set hard in a determined grimace beneath a concealing helmet. The other a curvy female, perfectly proportioned and draped in what looked be the finest and softest material in the world, the way it flowed against her waves of hair and flesh. That was Lady Cassandra, apparent in the angle of her face, hopeless eyes cast to the ground, face full of fragile features waiting to be shattered by the impending doom.

_[ .oO Navigation Oo. ]_

[.Kizzy‘s Rant.]
E M P O L Y E E S

Owner: Artemis
Played by: Press_Play-spoof

Barmaids:
Ammi
Played by:[LaBelleDameSansMerci]
Sadey
Played by: Neferys

Artist:
Aiden
Played by:YourCoin-OperatedBoyToy

_[ .oO Navigation Oo. ]_

[.Kizzy‘s Rant.]
K I Z Z Y ‘S R A N T

Okay kids, here’s what I have to say about characters, if you're going to make one, make sure you're proud of it. Do you really have to do what all your friends are doing and make a clichéd, pathetically stereotypical character that has nothing substantial to it?

Come on now, not everyone is orphaned or abused or raped as a child. Not everyone can be the strong, silent type, always angst and brooding. In the human race, there is variety. Happy people, bitter people, morbidly depressed people, and yes, the strong, silent type. But how often do you meet a person more inclined to brooding than laughing?

And more importantly, if you're going to make a broody son of a bish, then god damn it, make them brood! Not fall in love and be all innerly squishy. That's just so infuriating, you have no idea. I know, sometimes it's hard to start out an emotionless character and keep them that way, slowly mannerisms of a REAL person will start to shine through, and that's okay, we understand. But then maybe that should tell you something. You know, something like, DON'T DO IT! You can't handle brooding, emotionless bastards, so avoid them.

Personally, I think the most important thing when you create a personality is to keep it consistent. If your character is a sweetheart, always mothering everyone, then perhaps you should stick with that, instead of having them be sweet but constantly plotting on how to kill everyone. Unless that's what your going for, but then, your character isn't really a sweetheart, it's a two faced diabolical individual, you see? And by consistency I'm not implying that there should never be any variations. I would hope that if the best friend of your character died, your character would mourn or feel an avenging wrath rather than stay all bouncy and happy. Get it? God I hope so.

But also, make sure you're actually interacting with other characters, instead of acting AT them. Carry a conversation once in a while, and yes, that means you have to read what other people say. And if someone trips you, then you fall on your face. And by all means, make it an elaborate fall filled with emotional responses. Nothing is more boring than a dry character without any emotional implications. All action and no feeling makes you a damned robot, and unless you're character was factory made, I don't think that's really the impression you want to give. So use the eyes, the hands, the face, the body language of your character and get the feeling across. If you find that you have to state a mood more than once a year, then learn how to role play, kill off the old character, and start from scratch. Everyone around you will much appreciate the absence. Trust me, I know I would.

_[ .oO Navigation Oo. ]_

[.Kizzy‘s Rant.]

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out