Power Rangers x
Siege of Kirin x
Ambrosia x

Gracious Genius

15,275 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

User Image

¸.´´¯`` .¸¸.´`.¸¸.´´¯`` .¸¸.´`.¸¸.´´¯`` .¸¸.´`.¸
                                | Q | U | E | E | N | | O | F | | A | G | N | I | L | A | R |
                                `.¸¸.´´¯`` .¸¸.´`.¸¸.´´¯`` .¸¸.´`.¸¸.´´¯`` .¸¸.´

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Ⓕ Ⓐ Ⓛ Ⓛ Ⓞ Ⓝ__Ⓕ Ⓔ Ⓡ ' Ⓗ Ⓐ

When the rain
Is blowing in your face
And the whole world
Is on your case
I could offer you
A warm embrace
To make you feel my love

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

The woman could hear her husband tinkling with the bolt. It was honestly taking him far too long... Unless his hands were clammy, his heart beat uneasily, and his mind was muddled. Then it was taking him just long enough. What on earth could he have been thinking about? The heavy door suddenly swung open and she froze. Fallon wasn't afraid of her husband, far from it. Nor was she entirely afraid of what was going on outside her bedroom walls. She was simply incapable of reacting due to a flurry of overwhelming emotions. She wanted to lunge at him and wrap herself in his arms, begging him to never let go. She wanted to apologize for having taken so long to finally come to her ruddy senses. She wanted to do everything and had no idea where to begin... That's why she was stuck. And seeing him... Just seeing him this one more time, regardless of how angry he had been as of late... It gave her the reassurance she needed.

Before she had even realized it happened, she found herself a few inches of the floor and wrapped in his arms. They were so strong, built like that of a true soldier, but so gentle, tender like that of a father, of a husband. Kirin, if only she could stay there to make up for all that she had denied him... But it would still be too late, and she did not deserve his love for even a second more. He'd wasted it for too long on her; she hated to admit it now but it was true. That's what you get for chasing ghosts though... Nothing.

He kissed her.

Tierles kissed her with such a deep passion that she hardly knew how to respond. Her arms that were awkwardly resting on his chest snaked their way around his neck. One of her hands gripped his chain mail while the other was tangled in his hair. For an instant, it was perfect. Then it ended. The kiss died in its infancy before it truly even had a chance to thrive, to show how much love there actually was. The King of Agnilar lowered his Queen to the floor as she despondently studied him while he walked back towards the door. The small clattering of metal sliding across the floor drew Fallon's attention away from her husband. His necklace. The token of what little love actually existed in her family now lay on the floor, abandoned. "Come on."

She had ruined her one chance with him; she was certain of that now, yet something in her did not want to let it be true.

The blonde leaned over to pick it up, carefully untangling the gentle chain as she walked towards the door, not daring to stand in front of him. "I want - no, I need you to keep wearing this, Tier... At least for the two of them," she paused, tentatively fingering the pendant. "I understand that I have no right to ask anymore of you for my sake, and it pains me now more than ever that we have reached this state. Timing appears to be one of the few things that I lack even a menial understanding of, well, timing and love, really..." She took a few steps towards the door, but found herself uncomfortable with the idea of leaving. There was a tension hanging in the air that had to be fully addressed. Fallon slowly turned to face her husband, a timid but tender smile conveying the now obvious break in her composure. "I do love you, Tierles... More now than I even did on our wedding day... And I - I understand that it was never what you wanted...never quite enough - I also understand that you deserved so much more than I had been willing to give... Kirin, you probably deserve infinitely more than I can even offer to you now... Infinitely more..."

A feeble laugh escaped her lips as she shook her head. "But, it seems that I am only living up to my criticisms as I monologue about my own epiphanies and short comings as a war wages outside these very walls... Kirin! Aren't I the end?" The pathetic laugh was now replaced by silent tears. She sniffled, wiping what tears she could away with the back of her hand.

"Well... We best be getting along... There's a kingdom to defend after all..."

((OOC: Not great - but it's here. =]))

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

I've known it
From the moment
That we met
No doubt in my mind
Where you belong

Gracious Genius

15,275 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
User Image

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

e x p e c t x s o m e t h i n g x e x t r a o r d i n a r y x , x

"Don't die of boredom!" For whatever reason, the nineteen year old could not shake her friend's taunt... She knew it was a joke, but she genuinely feared that it could actually be true. Without classes, without real practices, without real - anything, what the hell was she supposed to do with her time other than well... her part time job which at this point did not even qualify as part time! It qualified easily as "no-time." Sure, she'd be called in every now and then, have a nice little chat with her boss to talk strategies and game plans that she ultimately had no part in planning. She was just a body filling a void so that he could speak out loud without being considered a lunatic by his ever growing number of adoring "employees". Just a body filling that void that liked to think he actually cared for her in a fraction of the way that she cared for him...

She stopped walking and sighed. Thinking like that was always a dangerous past time...

The girl slid her bag off her shoulder and onto the ground where she began to fish around for her wallet and her phone. Unfortunately, she only came across the keys for her nauseatingly yellow jeep. No, kiwi peach today. Alex straightened up and kicked the bag out of mild aggravation before she set to adjusting her pre-wrap. It had slid dangerously close to her braided pony-tail and was about to fall off. God, she hated that feeling! It was just overwhelmingly awkward like - like Eli?

Of all the people she had to run into just now it just had to be the one she tried to impale with a water bottle a week ago. The current problem wasn't so much that she had tried to throw it at her friend, not at all! The current problem was that it had drilled the cheer leading captain while she was in the process of cartwheeling. She had a nice bruise on the right side of her face for a good week, rainbow effect and all. Poor Eli just happened to be courteous enough to retrieve the bottle while Alex sprinted off the track. She had a knack for escaping it would seem.

For the most part though, Alex surprisingly got along well enough with the soccer playing model. God, she couldn't help but make fun of his profession. It was too easy! Regardless, he was an athlete, and a hell of a good one at that. The AGU team after all somehow made the twins seem good enough to be drafted last year... she had to give all the credit to the other team members. Her brothers were - morons.

Well, no better time than the present.

"The Great Eli Konstantin? On the same path as me?" A broad smirk spread across her face as she folded her arms over her chest. "And here I thought you'd been trying to avoid me! I mean really - I was almost forced to look at magazines to see that pretty face of yours again! But then I remembered - your face isn't that pretty, is it?" Her smirk grew, conveying an overwhelmingly arrogance and pride that covered her lie flawlessly. She knew just as well as anyone that he was supposedly attractive. Alex just - never really seemed to care about it; she never seemed to care about men at all in that sense come to think of it. It wasn't that she didn't want to... it was just that the opportunity had never presented itself... not yet at least.

e x p e c t x t h e x u n e x p e c t e d x , xd u m b a s sx

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

User Image

Gracious Genius

15,275 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
User Image

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

e x p e c t x s o m e t h i n g x e x t r a o r d i n a r y x , x

"Need I remind someone of a little stunt they pulled last week on the field. One involvin' a certain ruthless, self-centered, slut of a cheerleader Vicki Bennett?" Alex smirked pridefully. She hadn't fully succeeded in making the statue show some extreme statue, but she at least succeeded in ruining one of the barbies days. Actually, now that she thought, Alex wasn't even sure of who that girl was, and she was also pretty sure that she had never seen her before. It was just an unlucky coincidence that she happened to be the haphazard victim of her foiled plan. Although from his description of her, Vicki Bennett clearly had a flying water bottle or something worse coming to her one of these days.

Alex frowned, crossing her arms. She wasn't going to sit here and take his bitching and moaning innocently. "Now Eli, don't go around degrading women! It makes you quite ugly... takes away from that pretty face."

"This 'pretty face' was almost pummeled thanks to 'The Great Misfit Alexandra' by Vicki's current squeeze and two stupid jocks."

Alex erupted into a fit of laughter. The image was too perfect. "Oh come on, Eli! You really expect me to believe that you couldn't have taken them? I'm disappointed!" She wasn't completely lying. Eli was an athlete and therefore fit. Granted... football players were athletes as well, it's just, some of them were hardly very agile - they were more like giant, huling masses that could squish you. Thank god none of her brothers ever played! Even trying to fight with them would be unfair at that point.

"How are your bro--wait,...what are you doin' here Alex?" Ah. The inevitable question at last. She was actually surprised how long it had taken him to realize her "out of place" presence. At that point, Eli had pulled out his phone to answer a text. Alex couldn't help but be curious; she'd caught him walking around with the not so usual suspects a few times already. She had admittedly been considering being a bit more curious for work's sake, but well - that was just dumb - He was a model!

"Well, I decided to take a gap year. I wanted to get away from upstate New York for a while... had some things to do back here.... I might travel a bit. Basically, I'm - " Her phone went off in her backpack. "Sorry. One Sec." She quickly slid the bag off her shoulder and unzipped the front pocket; her phone and wallet had been there the entire time. She grumbled irritably as she pulled out the phone and tapped the bouncing message icon.

From: Pruitt Taylor
                                                                      Hey! Been a few days. Lets get together soon, yeah?

A weak smile appeared on her face as she caught site of who the sender was. It was amazing that anyone could actually have that effect on her. Prue was her greatest ally; he was comprised of the minimal levels sentimentality and the maximum of blunt truth. The two meshed perfectly. Although, it was a bit rocky at first, but what relationship between a thirteen year old and her fourteen year old science tutor isn't?

She quickly typed a reponse:

To: Pruitt Taylor
                                                                      Don't tell me you're actually missing me! =P Just tell me when and where. You know how open my schedule is.

She slid the fun shut and glanced back up at Eli who was now studying her curiously. She rolled her eyes, planning to mock him sarcastically. "No need to be jealous; it's just my friend Pruitt. Known him for forever. Won't interfere with us at all." She playfully stuck out her tongue, laughing weakly. "Anyways... I'm basically taking a year off to just sort through stuff." Half truth. "The lacrosse team was a little annoyed.. but that's water under the bridge now. But uhh - how have you been? Still pretty at least, I can tell that much." She laughed weakly.

e x p e c t x t h e x u n e x p e c t e d x , xd u m b a s sx

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

User Image

Gracious Genius

15,275 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
User Image

════════════════════════════════ ═════ ════════

User Image User Image User Image

___________Because of indifference, one dies before one actually dies.

| Ͻ Ό Я Ӎ Ⱥ Ȼ | | Ӎ Ά D Ϊ G Ѧ Й |

⒯ ⒣ ⒠ ⒨ ⒜ ⒧ ⒠

Because of indifference, one will return to rise above one's self.___________

════════ ═════ ════════════════════════════════

Had the male know that in a span of twenty-four minutes his life would change forever, he would have tried to have been wearing anything other than his uniform. 'But... when does anyone ever know when the greatest transformation of their life is about to happen? Right. Never.'

.:*Let's take it back....

"Read it again! Read it again!" The woman smiled weakly as her son imploringly tugged at her sleeve. "Come on, Mummy! Read it again!!" Anne studied her son intently; there was such an innocence imbedded in his startling blue orbs, such a youthful joy. What kind of mother would she be if she could ignore that tempting happiness? She sighed. Bedtimes were established to be enforced unfortunately.

"Now Cormac, you know we can't. What would Miss Burke say if we had you sleeping in class tomorrow, hmm?" The boy's face wrinkled in disgust as he stood up and began to hop around on the bed.

"Awww Mum! I can't go to school anymore. You know she's a troll! A troll with fangs! and - and - HER FEET ARE SO BIG!"

"Cormac Madigan!" The woman chastised through a smile, gripping his arm so that he would at least stop jumping. "You know better than to go around saying this like that about people! It's not polite - regardless of how troll-like they appear." A devious smirk crept across her face before she dragged her son down to the bed and began to tickle him mercilessly. His laughter was contagious.

"Shouldn't he be in bed?" The voice cut through the air like a knife. Everything froze.

"We were working on it, Barry... You know how he likes his stories..." She murmured quietly, carefully tucking the book under her son's covers.

"His - stories?! Anne what - I told you to stop reading those to him! A boy his age should be outside - playing in mud, playing sports!"

"Can we - not do this in front of Cormac, dear?" His mother asked timidly, standing up to block her son from his view.

"NO! He needs to hear this! He needs to know that there is nothing for him in those stories! Nothing but - nothing but nonsense!"

"... you're a troll, father."

...Sometimes it's better not to remember.:*

Cormac smiled weakly; troll would have been a compliment for that man now that he knew what they really were.

He sighed.

He was actually here - He was actually someplace that he might just fit...

As he walked through the forest with the UnSeelie warrior on his way to see the Seelie Queen, the male still found himself trapped in a state of disbelief. At least by this point he had convinced himself that this wasn't the result of his roommate being an a**. There was no way that the stuff that kid bought would have an effect that lasted this long; he was too cheap. And this - all of this - was too surreal.

Gracious Genius

15,275 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
RESERVE

Poseidon
What the Water Gave You.

PERSONA
Poseidon is the most reserved of his brothers; taking pleasure in simple things and constantly displaying a simple demeanor to match. He is kind and wise to the point of being dull. However, his patience is surpassed by few, especially if you put Hades or Zeus in front of him. When mad, he's hardly recognizable; he becomes a monstrous foe.
YES --- Low Tide.
NO --- Almonds.

ROLE PLAY REF.
Testing Thread

Gracious Genius

15,275 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
User Image

xxlPOSEIDONlxx

llxxlgetting back toxlt h e b a s i c sxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

~xlB i r t h N a m e ;; llPoseidon
            ~xlN i c k n a m e s ;; llN/A
            ~xlG e n d e r ;; llMale
            ~xlA g e ;; ll23
            ~xlB i r t h d a y ;; llMarch, 23rd
            ~xlR o l e ;; llGod of the Sea

llxxlthis is only skinxld e e pxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

~xlP h y s i q u e ;; llIncredibly fit; muscular features that belong to someone that exercises far more than he. Rugged charm that teases.
            ~xlH e i g h t ;; ll6'2"
            ~xlW e i g h t ;; ll183 lbs.
            ~xlH a i r ;; llBrown
            ~xlE y e s ;; llSlate Blue
            ~xlM a r k i n g s ;; llN/A
            ~xlF a m i l y ;; ll Parents: Chronus & Rheia | Brothers: Zeus & Hades

llxxla few moments aboutxlm exxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

~xlB i o g r a p h y ;; llGiven that Chronus wasn't the ideal father figure, Poseidon, like his other siblings, did not spend his childhood atop the mountain that touched the clouds. Poseidon was raised by the Telchines on Rhodes, a proud people that excelled in metal work. They eventually crafted his legendary trident that became a synonymous symbol with his power.

When the Worlds were divided into three, he was fortunate enough to receive the Oceans. A middle ground between his older and younger brother, both of whom he couldn't stand as of late.

In all actuality, this assignment shaped the young man. Like the sea, one could never be sure what mood they would catch the aquatic god in. There were days where he would be abnormally pleasant, warm even. Others where he would be disinterested and dull. Others still where his passion and temper would rival that of Ares on a war campaign. In many ways, the polarity of his personality was trying in many of his relationships with the others on Mount Olympus. They found him to be difficult. To save himself from further trouble, he decided that solitude was best.

That's been his state for a while, a bipolar man stuck between the ocean and the clouds. The arrival of the protectors has him slightly on edge, but there's nothing he can do to avoid the girl. It would be rude anyways. He'll have to just - bear it.

~xlP e r s o n a l i t y ;; ll Wise | Dull | Chaste | Pensive | Calm | Inconsistent | Irascible | Kind | Solitary | Composed

llxxljust so youxlk n o wxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

~xlL i k e s ;; llLow Tide, Sea Salt, The Moon, A Cool Breeze, Shirking Duties
            ~xlD i s l i k e s ;; llArid Climates, Almonds, Black Skies, The Concept of Sacrifices, His Brothers' Arrogance and Vanity
            ~xlFe a r s ;; llLosing Control of the Tides, The Red Sky, Being Chained to His Responsibilities, Being Alone
            ~xlH o b b i e s ;; ll Breaking Horses, Swimming, Reading the Myths People Dare to Dream Up
            ~xlD r e a m s ;; The Perfect Swell, Finding the Right - One. ll

llxxlwrapping thingsxlu pxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

~xlS t r e n g t h s ;; ll Sparring, Trident and Net Combat, Cavalry, Oblivious Charm
            ~xlW e a k n e s s e s ;; ll Irascibility, Temper, Disinterest in Social Pleasures, Quick to Seek Revenge
            ~xlC r u s h ;; llN/A
            ~xlS o n g ;; llEcho
            ~xlO t h e r ;; llIf he's anywhere but the water, you'll find him wearing very light and airy clothing draped haphazardly over his body to cover what is deemed inappropriate.

llxxlat the veryxle n dxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

~xlU s e r n a m e ;; llFalling Mist

Gracious Genius

15,275 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxΡʘȘЄIDӪȠ

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxɢod of the sea - - xxx
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬
            .✩*◟xϲɑυsε мү εϲʜo, εϲʜo - - ɪs тʜε σɴʟү νσɪϲε ϲσмɪɴɢ ʙɑϲҡ«!
                        ▪▪ 虎穴に入らずんば虎子を得ず 。←

"My Lord?" The boy's voice whispered to him as if it were from another world. The god groggily rolled over onto his opposite side, refusing to respond to the call. "My Lord." The boy forcefully hissed as a pillow crashed into the god's head.

"Delphin..." The man finally responded, lazily tossing the pillow to the ground. He rolled over, his slate blue eyes small slits as he glared at the boy standing at his bed side. "How many times did I tell you that I do not want to be disturbed if I spent on the sho - "

"And how many times did I remind you that today was the day your protector was coming!" The boy crossed his arms and angrily raised his eye brows while pursing his lips. Delphin was probably no older than eleven, at least he appeared to be that age as a human. As a dolphin, Poseidon would guess that he was around two or three. His hair was the color of sand and his skin a tanned olive. The entire image of the beautiful child daring to take authority of the god was always amusing. A small smirk traced the man's features.

"Apparently not enough, Delphin." The god propped himself up, resting his head on his hand.

"A-Apparently not enough!?!" He parroted disgustedly. He threw his arms in the air and began to face furiously, his arms animatedly flying about."Poseidon, you - you're - you could at least pretend that you care for my sanity! I can't afford to get in trouble again with your father! I mean - you aren't even dressed! And for the sake of the gods, would it kill you to shave!?"

Poseidon chuckled weakly, instinctively raising a hand to message the stubble on his face. "It can't really be that horrible!" He protested in vain as Delphin's brow furrowed even more. The God quickly sat up, raising a hand in mock surrender to appease his little friend. The soft silks fell around his waist revealing his sun-kissed chest. "I apologize, Delphin. That was my feeble attempt at a joke. I suppose I should leave the humor to Dionysus or even - " he paused, begrudgingly sighing, "Zeus."

"Come now, My Lord, don't start sulking over that dribble! Today is a happy day - you get to meet a lady."

"You know of my limited interest in the matters my brother takes such pleasure in." He growled bitingly, pulling himself out of the bed and making his way towards the bath. Delphin quickly turned away and set himself to preparing Poseidon's outfit for the day. "Did you draw my bath?"

"Don't insult me with such questions." The boy huffed defensively, scurrying over to make his master's bed. When flustered and aggravated, the boy could never really concentrate on a specific taste.

"And by the way - I'm not shaving." A splash could be heard from the bathroom.

"FINE - BE A ROTTEN PIECE OF SEAWEED FOR ALL I CARE!"

Gracious Genius

15,275 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

User Image

¸.´´¯`` .¸¸.´`.¸¸.´´¯`` .¸¸.´`.¸¸.´´¯`` .¸¸.´`.¸
                                | Q | U | E | E | N | | O | F | | A | G | N | I | L | A | R |
                                `.¸¸.´´¯`` .¸¸.´`.¸¸.´´¯`` .¸¸.´`.¸¸.´´¯`` .¸¸.´

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Ⓕ Ⓐ Ⓛ Ⓛ Ⓞ Ⓝ__Ⓕ Ⓔ Ⓡ ' Ⓗ Ⓐ

When the rain
Is blowing in your face
And the whole world
Is on your case
I could offer you
A warm embrace
To make you feel my love

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

((OOC: Not great - but it's here. =]))

I've known it
From the moment
That we met
No doubt in my mind
Where you belong

Gracious Genius

15,275 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxΡʘȘЄIDӪȠ

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxɢod of the sea - - xxx
                        ▪▪ 虎穴に入らずんば虎子を得ず 。←

Poseidon took a deep breath before sinking beneath the surface or the steaming water. It wasn't his preferred temperature and the unchanging marble wasn't his preferred aesthetic either, but it was water. The only thing that made him completely comfortable with everything he was. He wasn't vulnerable in it; he was in complete control. Bubbles suddenly erupted from several spouts, mimicking hot geysers. His eyes widened as one pummeled his back. The god erupted from under the surface of the tub, shaking his head like a wet dog. He'd have to remind that little dolphin about geyser temperatures...

At least the boy was kind enough to sprinkle salt in the tub. Without it, Poseidon never would have agreed to leave the ocean for the heights of Mount Olympus, the supposed paradise above the clouds. 'Paradise...' The man miserably rolled his eyes, sinking down into the tub once more. 'The last time I checked, paradises were generally considered places that people voluntary arrived at and had fun in.'

- - - - -

Delphin had finished making his master's bed and was quite content with his work. Although, upon realizing that there was no one there to praise him for it made him quite upset. Dolphins were rather vain and showy creatures after all. He discontentedly groaned, deciding that it was not the time to disturb his lord about a few compliments that he was owed. Perhaps tomorrow... just not today. Poseidon had never been the type to take actual interest in others. The fact that he was now forced to have someone be at his side at all hours of the day to supposedly teach him things he didn't know had him on edge. The fact that the god was trying to tell jokes was an easy tell that he was nervous and so ridiculous uncomfortable. Pity for the ladies... he was just as pretty as Zeus, but infinitely more agreeable.

The steam from the bath had made the room unbearably humid. The young boy rolled his eyes, knowing fully well that on good days he would get an earful for not having a warm breeze flowing through the room. He didn't even want to imagine how bad it would get given that he was cranky today. Delphin quickly hopped off the foot of the bed, running over to the double doors and swinging them open towards him. He then pulled the weightless curtains shut before stepping outside. He smiled weakly, allowing the sun to kiss his face that had already gained a few freckles since his time out of the water. He stepped closer to the railing and began to tap his fingers along the smooth marble, warm from the sun. He proceeded to stretch out like a cat, bending over at his waist with arms extending in front of him on the railing. He rolled his neck with a yawn and that's when he saw her upon the other balcony.

"Oh - umm - .... hi there." He awkwardly snapped up and managed a bright smile. He couldn't help but stare at her, but then again, she couldn't help but stare at him. It wasn't like there was much to stare at though! He was a child, a cute enough child, but a child none the less. Unless she thought - oh she couldn't possible! Delphin giggled slightly, "Don't start worrying. I assure you my lord is much taller than I am."

The running water sound suddenly cut off.

Gracious Genius

15,275 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
User Image

⒯ ⒣ ⒠ ⒨ ⒜ ⒧ ⒠

"I can handle it all just fine!" Cormac suddenly bit off, much to his own surprise. 'Might as well roll with it now that it has been started...' "The initial shock is the hardest to overcome - just knowing that this isn't a thing for children's bed time stories is absolutely mind blowing..." The male glanced at her tentatively through a weak smile before laughing and ruffling his hair. [][]"Better be careful what I say around you, can't have you thinking I'm going soft now, can I?" He stepped out of the forest and into the bright sun of the day. It felt nice; he almost wanted to think that it was shining for him but that was a foolish thought. A childish thought even more so. Yes.. This was the Seelie Court, it undoubtedly shone all the time here. Nothing special for his arrival; he almost didn't want to expect anything. He'd had his hopes raised far too many times.

A pair of guards quickly appeared when they arrived at the entrance to the castle. Gwen, as expected, did all the talking. Cormac stood beside her like the pretty zoo exhibit he realized he would inevitably be for the weeks ahead as he was paraded about through each court. He'd like to think he'd be one of the more popular attractions like the pandas or the lions, but his experience made him feel like he'd be comparable to the bird house; too many things to look at that really weren't that different and it smelt bad.

“It's all right my friends, you can put your weapons away.” The voice pulled Cormac away from what were probably his completely irrelevant thoughts “Merry meet Gwen. I hope life is treating you well.” He turned towards Cormac, appearing to be congenial enough. “And merry meet to you. I am Alexi Ilestilo, Consort to the Queen Avalynn of the Seelie Court. And your name might be...?” The Consort? He seemed young and pretty enough for it, Cormac could not argue against that fact. He also gave off the heir of a subservient puppy which probably suited his duty just fine. "Cormac Madigan... the castle is umm - well designed." He offered the compliment and his hand awkwardly before realizing that both were completely uncalled for. The male attempted to recovered by ruffling his hair, but not many would be stupid enough to realize that wasn't his original intention. “The queen will see you, so if you'd please follow me.” The consort smiled, seemingly oblivious to the evident social flub. Cormac would have to thank him for that later... “I'd have to ask, where is the one we sent? Aravis?”

Cormac froze. She - hadn't come back yet? The girl said she had something to go back and do, would have been eternally grateful if Gwen helped her out and brought him back to her Court... She should have been here... but when does that make anything actually true?

Gracious Genius

15,275 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.✩*◟xΡʘȘЄIDӪȠ
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxɢod of the sea - - xxx
                        ▪▪ 虎穴に入らずんば虎子を得ず 。←

User Image
                                                          The running water sound suddenly cut off...

Poseidon stepped out of the bath, flipping a switch to allow it to drain. Steam hung in the air, lazily swirling about. The air was heavy, painfully so for the young God. He grabbed a cloth and wrapped it around his waist before walking out into his room. A warm breeze greeted him from outside, the curtains billowing as it rushed inside. He smiled weakly, fondly realizing that Delphin was capable of picking up on smaller details far more than he realized. A hand passed through his hair, ruffling it to dry it slightly when he suddenly heard voices from his balcony.

The man paused, cautiously approaching the curtains. He clung to the wall, his ears straining to discern who of his siblings was bold enough to enter his chambers when he wasn't present. At least... he hoped it was one of his siblings. If it was a villain, someone sent to thwart him in his efforts of finding a protector, well, he'd feel rather embarrassed about having to change his fate in nothing more than a wash cloth! "Oh! I'm sorry I just assumed.. You must be the one who was yelling earlier." A woman. An - unfamiliar woman. Poseidon's eyes widened. He was nearly ready to have a heart attack at hearing her nervous words coated in laughter. Yes, laughter. Her spirit must have been unbelievably free to be laughing atop Mount Olympus on the day that she was meant to meet a God. Well, wait... Who could she possibly be - "Ah yes, my lord tends to try my patience at times. He was doing so a bit more than usual today."

"Delphin!" Poseidon hissed under his breath, a hand sliding over his eyes as he exhaled deeply. He had given that boy far too much credit just now! Of all the miserable things he could have gone and done he - brought a stranger in while he was showering? Dolphins will never truly appreciate the intricacies of common protocol. "Well, now I feel like more a fool then I already did!" The woman's voice sounded once more, still accompanied with laughter. It was admittedly a rather pleasant sound, capable of infecting others if they were in the right mood. At the very least it probably could place a smile on anyone's face... it did for him. "I'm sorry, it's my nerves." So, she was nervous... the god couldn't blame her. "Oh it's nor a problem, Miss! Considering what you all think he looks like, I can completely understand why I would have been a shock. Truthfully, I'd imagine he'd be just as much of a shock..." Poseidon smirked weakly; Delphin wasn't exactly lying when he said that. Poseidon had on occasion visited several of his temples, simply to examine that they were praying justly and that the priests weren't praying upon the god-fearing nature of the people of Greece. The statues there were amusing to say the very least.

"I'm Natalia.. And you are?"

Natalia. What a lovely name, almost familiar as if he'd heard through whispers on the water at night. Yes, that was a name the water would cherish and embrace. Poseidon cautiously moved away from the wall and towards the doors where he extended a hand to part the curtains. Any sane man would prevent a girl that sweet from further worry by simply showing himself.

"I'm Delphin, it is a pleasure to meet you Natali - "

"TIME FOR THE FEAST, PLEASE MAKE YOUR WAY TO THE DINING HALL FOR TONIGHT'S FESTIVITIES!" Poseidon dropped his arm as the cry came from the halls. Well, it appeared that she'd have to be nervous for a bit longer... He silently crept away from the doors and began to dress himself, hands fumbling as he tried to forget that moment.

- - - - -

Delphin frowned weakly as he glanced back at the window after hearing the call for the feast. "Well, it appears you'll have to wait to meet my master for just a bit longer. You should prepare yourself for the feast. Goodbye, Natalia. I look forward to working with you." He bowed humbly, a bright smile on his innocent face as he turned to disappear back into his room. "OH!" He exclaimed suddenly, whirling around on his heels. "He likes - if he likes women at all that is - girls that are simple. Not too showy; just themselves. I - hope that helps!" He nodded again before darting off inside.

User Image

Gracious Genius

15,275 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
User Image

⒯ ⒣ ⒠ ⒨ ⒜ ⒧ ⒠

Cormac hid sheepishly, although not purposefully, behind the Queen's consort as they walked into the Throne Room of the Seelie Court. He and Alexi were around the same height so it was truly just a matter of perspective. Stand back far enough and maybe he wouldn't be noticed and he could avoid some ridiculous ceremony with blasting horns and confetti. The food from the festivities on the other hand would be greatly appreciated. He hadn't had breakfast that morning assuming he'd be getting an early lunch. He sighed. Early lunch had passed probably about a good hour ago.

"Pleasure to meet you, I am Queen Avalynn, Queen of the Seelie Kingdom." Caught daydreaming again. He really would have to be a bit more careful with getting lost in his thoughts now considering that everyone appeared to be genuinely interested in a way that required talking to him. It would admittedly take a while to get used to. "What I said was the truth, you have a right to stay where ever you'd like. I will ask that you stay in my kingdom for tonight, we have a lovely party set up in your honor." 'Looks like I'm getting my food after all.' His stomach was literally smiling as it dreamt of all the decadent foods that would obviously be found at the feast. His head on the other hand was a little uneasy of the concept of having anything in his honor though. "You can rest, drink, have your way with any woman, anything you desire will be yours tonight." Like Cormac would really take up on that offer... per usual, he could care less. And it wasn't necessarily for lack of attractive women in the Court. He would readily admit that the Queen was attractive... it just - didn't phase him. "In the morning, I shall have breakfast with you and discuss the reason's on why you are so important to us and why you are here in the first place. Finally some answers! Some real ******** answers! Hell, he didn't even need the party. The answers would have sufficed. (His stomach wanted nothing more than to growl in protest to that.) "Does that sound like something you'd like?" Her hand tenderly cupped his cheek. He managed a weak smile in response for the sake of being cordial, but he had definitely stiffened wanting nothing more than to recoil from her touch. God only knew what it could really do... Besides, he hated being treated like a stupid child that was too innocent to fully comprehend anything. He'd gotten enough of that from his father. ".....After that, you can go stay in the UnSeelie kingdom for a few days and see what its like that...in fact, I insist that you do, you will need to be able to use your human emotions to judge the people of the two courts." She concluded with a bright smile, ruffling his hair. That had been too much.

Cormac pulled away which thankfully went unnoticed to the woman because she had dismissed him to begin speaking to Gwen again.

My god, was she overwhelmingly comfortable with herself! Then again, being around for what was probably centuries with hardly anyone to answer to or fear for the consequences would probably do that to someone. You could be your own person, and anyone be damned if they dared to try and tell you otherwise. Cormac's eyes widened slightly. The Queen was probably one hell of a nasty fighter... just a sense he got.

The Queen linked arms with him and proceeded to lead him out of the Court Room. How it happened he couldn't say... undoubtedly, thinking too much again. "Is there anything I can get you for now? Or shall I lead you to your party that should be well underway?" No point in being a d**k when she is trying to be so nice.

He sighed, glancing down at his clothes as he continued walking. "I, well... my only concern is that I wouldn't be dressed enough - "

"I'll see you soon, Cormac" The male stopped and glanced over his shoulder, realizing that his guide was heading off in a different direction. It made sense, he supposed. This wasn't her home, why on earth would she want to stay. He nodded weakly. "Good bye." He turned back forward and continued along with the Queen. They continued along in silence for a few moments before he realized that he had actually been speaking with her before hand. "Oh umm, right! ... My one concern is that I wouldn't be dressed well enough for such a feast..."

Gracious Genius

15,275 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
                        ▪▪ 虎穴に入らずんば虎子を得ず 。←

User Image
                                                          Delphin frowned weakly as he glanced back at the window after hearing the call for the feast. "Well, it appears you'll have to wait to meet my master for just a bit longer. You should prepare yourself for the feast. Goodbye, Natalia. I look forward to working with you." He bowed humbly, a bright smile on his innocent face as he turned to disappear back into his room. "OH!" He exclaimed suddenly, whirling around on his heels. "He likes - if he likes women at all that is - girls that are simple. Not too showy; just themselves. I - hope that helps!" He nodded again before darting off inside.

- - - - -

The god had just fastened his formal toga into place as the dolphin came skipping back into the room, beaming like a foolish child with a secret he could not wait to share. Delphin called his name several times, pounding on the bathroom door, practically bouncing to get in. Poseidon rolled his eyes and folded his arms as he stood by his closet, how long would it take the boy to realize that he was in fact out of the bath and completely dressed by this time. He wasn't wearing anything too extravagant; the skirt of the slate blue toga fell to the floor from where it was cinched just below his chest. A flowing strand hung over his right shoulder where the bronze buckle displaying a rolling wave held the entire ensemble into place. His sandals were plain, and he had no intention of putting on a circlet or crown of leaves. Poseidon would stick with a bronze band around his left forearm engraved with the images of ships sailing for the horizon.

"My lord - please, please come out and stop being so reclusive in the tub! I - I met your protector! She is quite pretty, and she is nice to me, which is far more than I can say of you on a - "

"Delphin..." The god's voice startled the poor boy who quickly turned around and bowed his head in deepest apology. "Oh come now, I know you don't truly mean it so what's the point, hmm?" Poseidon managed a weak smile as he walked over to the boy and ruffled his hair, a sign of affection he rarely showed at all. Delphin grimaced slightly as he pulled himself away.

"Are you - feeling alright?"

The god blinked, had the motion been that out of place? He was almost certain that it was a typical sign of endearment between adults and children. "Why - yes. Perfectly fine. Why do you - " The child's face lit up, eyes twinkling mischievously.

"Great - well, you can go escort your protector to the banquet then!" The boy suddenly slid behind his master and began to shove him, with a surprising amount of force towards the door. "I am sure she'd really appreciate it!"

"D-Delphin no! You - You should take her! This is far from appropriate!" The God was actually losing against the small child as he was inched closer and closer towards the door.

"Nonsense! Don't be such a baby -

"I AM NOT BEING A BABY, YOU INSUFFERABLE - " Delphin had managed to swing the door open and with one final shove sent Poseidon stumbling into the hall, the door slamming behind him. "BRAINLESS - DOLPHIN!" He slammed a fist into the door though he knew it would do him little good. The boy was just as stubborn as the god of the sea himself when on a rampage. "The little brat..." He exhaled, leaning his head against the intricately carved door.

He honestly had no other choice at this point; he'd have to see her. And what did the exact time and manner of it all exactly matter in the end? She was his. He was hers. Not a single thing could be helped about it considering that fate had designed this entire convoluted equation. Although, he'd probably call more of a game. A miserable game of strategy.

Poseidon sighed.

'Now or never...' His pale blue eyes flickered over to the door. The girl had been standing there for who knows how long. He quickly straightened up, eyes wide in alarm. Delphin was going to die for this. Of all the miserable first impressions to make - this had to take golden chariot. The god bent his head forward humbly, more so out of humiliation than out of respect. "I apologize for allowing you to be a witness to such absurdities. I regret to inform you that they are all too common when dealing with him..."

He straightened up, erect as a column, his eyes finally meeting her bright blue orbs. "I - I ... truly hope it didn't offend you."

Gracious Genius

15,275 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
                        ▪▪ 虎穴に入らずんば虎子を得ず 。←

User Image
                                                          There was nothing spectacular about her. Nothing that would possibly send Zeus into a testosterone driven tailspin, far from it. (Then again, the fact that she was a woman would probably suffice if his brother's appetite was as ravenous as the rumors let on.) Her simplicity though, her naturally compelling features, were something to take interest in. The entire image she presented reminded him of something - or at least someone. Then again, all women who dedicated their lives to him tended to blur together. Naturally elegant and highly spirited, never found anywhere but the water or the temple. Yes, they were all so similar... But still, in her case, he felt that it was slightly different. There was something distinct. It wasn't the freckles, the hair or even the necklace, although that did intrigue him.

He straightened up, erect as a column, his eyes finally meeting her bright blue orbs. "I - I ... truly hope it didn't offend you." Her eyes... yes, one could get lost in their depths just as they would in the sea. He even dared to believe that if he had to be attracted to a woman, he could easily be attracted to her because of them. Alas, the matter didn't interest him at the moment, so nothing would come of it.

- - - - -

"Not at all. Children are frustrating, theres no way around it. I'm sure there's a good reason behind it anyways.." He had to laugh at that.

"There is never a good reason behind anything the boy forces me to do! He's just impossible... in all forms! He shrugged weakly, shaking his head as he sighed. "He's also impossible to stay mad at." He allowed a weak smile to appear on his face. Yes, the god could be unbelievably kind if he felt at ease and he could be incredibly terrifying when he was in a rage. He was as polar as the sea.

He noticed the girl's eyes studying him. He would allow it for now, though staring was undeniably rude. Perhaps seeing a god for the first time was a bit overwhelming. Poseidon could imagine why. It probably caught people off guard because they all looked more commonplace than their worshippers envisioned. The mortals truly had a knack for creating the most preposterous images of himself and his family. Really! White hair and a flowing white beard? The eternal man had not wanted to shave lately; that did not mean that he was suddenly going to allow a bush to grow on his face. It was far from sound for his purposes in the water.

"I hate to impose, but I only arrived a little while ago and have no idea where the dining room is... I should have asked the Minotaur earlier, but I didn't... I guess that's where I will meet Poseidon... I was hoping to meet him sooner, but I guess I'll just have to be thrown to the wolves"

The weak smile the girl had managed to evoke from him had vanished. His lips tightened while his brow furrowed. "W-wolves? ..." He stammered, at a loss for what to do in this position.

The girl had no idea who he was. Though, he couldn't blame her. As he realized earlier, the images she regularly saw of him were hardly, well, him. And that version - That was the exact person she was expecting to see! Some - angry, middle-aged man riding in on a wave or a chariot that looked like a clam shell. 'Gods...' What was he supposed to do? He could tell her and make her feel horrible. He could not tell her, risk the inevitable conversations with his siblings who would obviously use his name and then be accused of not telling her and therefore lying. Lying! Of all things!

There was nothing ideal about this situation because either way he would be left feeling agitated and she would be thrown into an emotional whirlpool. He'd feel terrible for causing such distress, especially when she had been so willing - 'Has she - only been this inviting because she assumed I wasn't me?' The thought hit him like a ton of bricks. How would she act is she knew it was him? His mind started to attempt to piece together her true personality. For all he knew, Delphin liked her because she was exactly like him. Poseidon couldn't bare to have another subservient loud mouth running around after! One was certainly all he could manage to handle with a pleasant attitude, but two!? The gods forbid.

He closed his eyes, smothering his face with a hand before he left it rest at his neck. "I - " He raised his other hand and clenched into a fist that rose and fell with the deep breath he took. 'I pray this ends well.' Poseidon dropped both hands to his side, shaking his head. "I like to think I am not a wolf..."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff