Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Explorer

Dapper Explorer

User Image

It seems she had hit the jackpot, and the stay in the store wasn't going to be as long as first planned. As Damon looked over the vehicle, she couldn't help but feel a bit smug over her wonderful find. If she hadn't of decided to come back this far into the store, or to go by the camping things, they would have never found such a helpful tool. Which meant they would have probably got stuck in here, and got eaten up by those nasties. Then Damon had to pop her epic bubble. Being thrown into another order she began to pull whatever she thought they might need from toilet paper, anything dried, and water: especially water. Damon was right in that aspect, it was a luxury. As she gathered things she thought would be useful she continued to pack the vehicle as Damon and Becka did whatever Damon had planned. Stretching upward she wiped her brow, admiring her handy work. She'd managed to stack things upward and latch them down with cords. A sweep of the store, and she would be done. Just to gather last minute things and what have you.

Minding her own business, a handful of supplies she caught glimpse of something. Out of the bathroom door lurched one of those dead creatures. It hissed and spat as it steadily wobbled forward. Pulling back, she scanned her surrounding area, there was no defense, there wasn't even anything to thrash at the beast. There! At least she'd be able to seek some refuge from the howling beast. As fast as she could crawl she reached the top of the pile, the zombie slowing scraping after her. The only thing she could think of was to scream, and shortly after it seemed to work! Damon came around the corner and no sooner did she yell for him to shoot the creature, he did. From that point on the whole thing seemed like a blur. From the lifted crates to cramming the van full. As soon as she'd finished that, Damon was giving more commands, this time ones she didn't quite get. She followed orders, which was a bit out of character for her, as she climbed into the van. Before she knew it the clawing and screeching creatures were being plowed through, and the three of them were on the way. Scarlett pulled herself from Becka, watching the skyline of the city disappear one last time into the horizon.

"Close the door, we've got a long drive ahead of us..."

The back of the van was spacious, more so that usual since they removed the back seat for not only space but for supplies. There was enough room to reach from the back of the van to the front, barely. She made sure things were packed in tight, so they would be well off for a bit. She hoped only that the things that they managed to tie to the top would stay on. She wasn't exactly a mountain man or anything. As Damon drove, Becka de-hocked herself before sitting on the ground of the van, the one spot that would be long enough for someone to lay. Scarlett fought the urge to argue with her about her being the one that should rest, but instead she ended up sitting next to the girl. Both sat in the back of the van, on the floor. Becka wrapped herself in a blanket, and clearly seemed to be looking worse and worse. Scarlett had little to say as the loud mouthed fire haired girl mumbled about various topics. Her voice was quiet though, almost shaken. Scarlett didn't blame her of coarse, she had already had her fit, and to be honest she wasn't sure she was even done.

"I wonder what happened?"

Scarlett blinked, she really hadn't thought much about it to be honest. What had caused this, the flesh eating creatures. Looking towards Becka she shrugged, really not sure what to say.

"Maybe them warning us about eating raw food finally caught up to us"

She gave a half hearted laugh at her own joke, and Becka seemed to accept it as a mood changer. Her eyes were closing and opening, she was fighting falling asleep. Both girls had removed their shoes, and were sitting against the van. Becka had leaned over on one of the boxes, her arms stretched out using them as a pillow. Scarlett watched the scene change through the window across the van as the red head muttered something

"Do you know the story about the deer? The one who wanted to become a star?"

Scarlett shook her head. Becka, even though sleepy was more than happy to continue.

"See, the little deer wanted to become as bight as the night sky, to shine brilliant like the stars. Everyone laughed at her, telling her she was never going to be like that, it was like asking to become a human-"

The red head faded in volume, but was continuing the story still. Scarlett couldn't hear what she was saying until she finished

"But then she sat, curled into herself in human form, her skin was blue and dark like the sky, it looked like the lights, you know those pretty ones. With antlers still on her head, she stood, covered in stars..."

Her voice cut off as her eye finally closed. Scarlett waited for a second before moving just to make sure she was asleep.Maneuvering through the back of the van she plopped down in the passenger seat. Letting out a sigh she tilted her head back and closed her eyes. Instantly the flash of a decaying face filled her head. Her eyes shot open, unable to focus on the images flashing through her mind. Leaning her head back up she blinked, trying to clear her mind. Back into the back of the van she went, grabbing a bottle of water and a bag of jerky. Pulling the bottle of water from her side, she twisted the lid open, took a drink and offered it to Damon.

"So were are we headed?"

Dapper Explorer

User Image

Scarlett wasn't a fan of what was being put before her. To be honest she hadn't been a fan of the whole situation. She didn't want to learn how to use a gun, because then it'd make it real. It would bring the situation to a level of acceptance. Before she could respond, Damon added his own cheeky reply about saving her many times over. She pursed her lips, a bit offended.

"Well if you gave me a chance to protect myself, then I would have done just as well."

Damon let out a hearty laugh, her words truly cracked him up. Protect her self? While she was screaming his name to come save her? "Listen dollface, the only time a woman who was screaming my name had her own form of protection it was a girl with a condom."

Scarlett crossed her arms, she could feel her face getting hot, rather it with embarrassment on his comment or anger she wasn't quite sure. But for him to know it might have ruffled her feathers was not going to happen.

"Well aside from Becka, that would leave well...Becka. And you've established that she can't hold her own. So I don't think that's accurate, do you?"

She didn't wait for him to respond. This man frustrated her, and she wasn't exactly sure why. She could usually just shove off any sort of comment like that, and not think twice. Looking out the window she couldn't really muster up anything that sounded like anything but a pouting child. The conversation was short lived when they approached where he'd decided they were headed and explained his tactic as soon as he jerked the van to a stop. Preparing to leave the van he decided on a signal, and was unspecific as always. She let out a sigh and rolled her eyes muttering a whatever as he shut the door behind him. Scarlett leaned her head back against the seat and tried to rest her eyes again, In vein, the images of crawling creatures and groaning noises filled her head. The last thing to flash through her mind before she opened her eyes was the face of Mama, wheezing but a smile still on her face. Scarlett tried to dismiss the feelings, the emotions and images in her mind because frankly they weren't .helping at all. She took a drink of water, and tried to focus on the city ahead. Whatever she was trying to do, rather it build a mental wall block, or something along those lines, it seemed her mind wasn't having anything to do with it because the more she tried not to think of shitty things, the more she did. She shook her limbs, trying to literally shake it out of her. Letting out another aggravating sigh she leaned her head on the dashboard. Tapping it against it, she moaned. What the hell was wrong with her? Her eyes pierced and almost as soon as she realized what was happening, it was too late. Tears were flowing down her face again.

BANG.

The second Scarlett heard a gunshot, she knew something was amiss. Her head shot up from the dash and she braced herself. Birds flew over head in reaction to the noise, and from where she was in the van she struggled to see much of anything. If the damn broccoli trees weren't in her way, she could have a clear line of sight to the buildings around the corner. Again, a cloud of birds filled her vision, but this time they rested on the front of the car. Leaning over to the drivers seat, she hit at the wipers, that pushed back and forth on the front window, clearing off the birds. She grumbled, pulling back on the lever to stop the motion before sinking back into the passenger seat. Tapping her foot on the dashboard she scanned the road in front of her. The gun shot meant one of a few things, rather it be Damon had mixed with one of those nasties or it could have been that he simply had to open something and needed more muscle power. The blonde pushed her hair back, and as it fell forward back to her side, she sighed. She didn't particularly want to sit around like this until Damon was done. He didn't really leave with much of a way to communicate or anything only a silly hand gesture.

The blonde bit her lip. She obviously knew something had to be done, It was like...really? She wasn't dumb. Things went down, and she needed to find out what it was. Pushing herself off the passenger seat, she crawled over to the drivers seat attempting to get a better view around the trees. Her blue eyes scanned, in vein. The most she could see was the buildings on, Wait. What was that? Across a roof top a figure shuffled over, obviously faster than one of those flesh eaters. Leaning forward she tried to get a better look, squinting at the moving figure she realized that it had to be Damon. Those ghouls couldn't climb up much, and to get on a rooftop was well, more than a challenge to them. Focusing on the moving target something occurred to her- it was moving way to quickly to be a zombie. It had to be Damon, she was sure of that now. Adjusting herself in the drivers seat, she jerked the key forward, starting the engine again. As the van reared to life she tugged at the cassette shoving the archaic device in, as soon as the song came blasting through she stomped down on the gas peddle just as the music began to blare. She had to nearly stop the car to keep herself from laughing at the irony of the cassette right now. But she didn't, she just zoomed right onward. As she sped down the road, she hadn't even thought of Becka again, and when she made a sharp turn and not only the contents of the back shifted and moved but so did Becka. In a frantic shuffle the red head jilted up cursing everything under the sun. Scarlett didn't acknowledge her when she asked what was going on, by this time she'd stopped, and abruptly. Becka went flying up into the back of the front seat, howling at Scarlett, insisting for an explanation.

The only thing she could manage was to point forward. Becka screamed, and Scarlett knocked the van in reverse and floored it again. The multitude of zombies made her stomach turn and despite the encouraging words of Johnny Cash on the booming cassette, she couldn't shake the scared. She had already passed the flower shop and was reversing to the corner where the bar sat. Her eyes scanned roof tops as the zombies crawled from in front of her. She inhaled, there as a bit of time to think. They were in front, Damon was...where the frick was Damon anyway? She'd rushed in like Leyroy Jenkins over here without thinking about locations. Her eyes scanned buildings again until she spotted him, leaping over something on the roof. Her eyes quickly moved to the ground where zombies were emerging from behind the toy building, this time both her and Becka howled. Scarlett cranked it in reverse again, and as she sped backwards, she stopped again, just near the convienent store. Stopping the music she yelled out her already open window.

"DAMON!"

It wasn't hard to get his attention, it seemed that he'd already noticed they were there anyway, so that part was at least easy.

"Stay there! When its clear, you make a run for the Guns! When that happens make a signal that I can notice. Becka and I will drive back, and around, giving us a way to loop over and escape! We'll come around the shoe store up there! (lololol.Map) "

You know. In theory and all.

She didn't really wait for Damon to respond, she zoomed forward, and slowed her speed, turning back up the cassette, she began her attempt at being a decoy. Becka began rambling in the back seat, asking if she was crazy, and nearly going berserk each time they passed a new zombie. The only thing Scarlett had to say was really nothing. They needed the guns, and they needed to get the Zombies away from Damon and since neither of them had Guns, this was the best way. She didn't turn down the street again where the gun shop was, because at first glance they had all seemed to gather around to where they were sitting near the convenient store. Which meant going backwards was their best options still. Backing up again, as she passed the toy store steering backwards she gave a thumbs up to Damon. This was really turning into a test of her driving skills it seemed. Zooming down the street she made a right, and once she gained her barrings she checked the volume on the stereo, and at max, she stomped her foot on the gas. The van nearly swerved over as she and Becka zoomed past crashed houses and looped through the trashed streets of a deserted town. Making a few more turns in the right direction, she glanced back to see a wave of flesh eaters going at them. Becka was nearly screaming her head off as they smushed into a few along the way. But once they turned in towards the shoe store on their way to Damon. She just hoped that he was ready, because the swarm behind wasn't fast moving but they wont allow time for much stop. They would need to literally have the man jump into the van after the round abou they went through.

Dapper Explorer

User ImagexxUser Image
                  SCARLETT MARIE FAIRFIELD
                  xxxxxxxxxxxtwenty-three l heiress l #f049e l petite hibou

() Obviously by my amazingly manacured fingers and kick-a** dress, you can tell that I'm important. I mean really? How could I not be important? Specifically I am the Heiress to the Fairfield fortune. My father, like many Fairfields before him is a successful lawyers, which if you ask him, is what I'm at school for. But if you knew me at all, you'd know that was a ruse. Just look at the state of my pent house apartment that your sitting in at this very moment. Does it scream lawyer to you? I didn't think so. The bottles should be picked up by Consuela when she comes in,

▅▅
▅▅
▅▅

PLAYLIST IDEA/OPTION
    .oo1` Stop This Train ()
      Stop this train
      I want to get off and go home again
      I can't take the speed it's moving in
      I know I can't but honestly won't someone stop this train

So scared of getting older
      I'm only good at being young

.oo2` Heartbeats ()
      insert lyrics here

.oo3` Eyes ()
      You and I
      Could paint the sky together
      As the world goes by
      We’ll go on forever
      Look into my eyes
      Eyes are the windows to the soul
      Look into my eyes
      Oh you will know

.oo4` I'll Believe in anything ()
      We've both been very brave
      Walk around with both legs
      Fight the scary day
      We both pull the tricks out of our sleeves

but I'll believe in anything
      and you'll believe in anything
      said I'll believe in anything
      and you'll believe in anything

.oo5` Oh That I Had ()
      This is not new to me
      As I sit in this boat
      But I'm so cold my bones, will freeze
      And there's nought through the haze
      I've been waiting so long
      But my hour has gone, away

He navigates, when I've lost my way
      He reminds me, to lift my eyes

Oh that I had, the wing of a dove, to rest on me

- http://www.lololyrics.com/lyrics/14385.html#ixzz1iXuDTB00

Red=color1
darkred=color2
Orange=color2

Fidelity- Regeta Spector

wide text

Dapper Explorer

User Image

So in the frantic thought of ohmygod we have to save Damons life she hadn't thought her plan through as well as she should have! The van was sure being pushed as she zoomed down the tattered streets. After her first turn, she'd managed to wake Becka up, in a uh, not awesome way. The red head went bashing against the side of the van, yelping as she sat up. Cursing the driver, who she thought was Damon only until she realized who it was, then she began the lovely game of fifty questions. Her eyes shifted over, trying to look at the red head a she explained what was going on, but this really wasn't the best way to drive. The flesh eaters were pushing each other over to get to the van and the potential smell of fresh meat. Scarlett had to focus on driving and not going over things with Becka. She gave her a brief on what was happening, and through that Becka seemed content. As the two drove on, Scarlett constantly scanned for a signal of some sort. Then it dawned on her, what the hell was she looking for anyway? Damn it! They should have agreed on something! Just then a loud swiveling sound followed by a burst of fire hit the air. If that wasn't a signal she didn't know what was! Stomping on the peddle she felt the van shift on its back wheels, almost doing a fish tale, as she caught up speed. Wheeling around the last turn where Damon was she zipped to where the flame was shot off, but the problem was there was no slowing down, it was either all or nothing right now. Scarlett shouted back to Becka that this was it, they couldn't turn around. The red head nodded and that was that. Scarlett focused on driving now, because if she didn't well-they'd all be screwed.

Her extreme focus on driving left little to glance around and see what was going down in the back. The van shifted a few times, and taking a quick look in the rear view mirror she was able to see Becka with a green bag in her hands, but so far no Damon. She muttered a whats going on back there until she veered a little over on the road, pulling herself back into her driving zone, she wondered if Damon had jumped back into the van yet? Had they got him or did they fail? Her lips pressed together into a thin line as she wondered what her and Becka would do if Damon did get snatched up by one of those zombies. Would she stay with Becka? Well probably. Who else did she have? She was safer with two people not just herself. She could be a tad oblivious form time to time. Scarlett jumped in her seat as she heard the shouting of Damon's voice. At least he'd managed to catch up somehow, but through the zombie haze around everything, that would be the real challenge. Scarlett tried to stay calm when she heard Becka shout to step on it. The van jerked forward, speeding up, she tried to stay in the straightest line she could when it came to driving on the road. The Zombies were nearing around the buildings now. They were slowly catching up on the van eager to have fresh flesh that must have been a luxury around here. Another bump on the back of the van and Scarlett yelled back at Becka to explain what the f'ck was going on!? The red head had a bag, two actually. Before she could ask any questions Damon began

"We need to find a camp, somewhere to stop for the night"

"Great Idea!" Becka was too eager to please, Scarlett rolled her eyes.

One of the bags soon came into her sight, and Damon pulled it open, showing the contents of the bag Scarletts face lit up. Booze! Glorious wonderfully burning alcohol! She was so excited to see that bag and to wipe away the past few days. But her excited expression soon shifted and she furrowed her brows.

"Are you telling me that this was the reason we got caught up by those nasties back there? For some BOOZE? "
                              The car jerked to the right as Scarlett tilted her body to face Damon better, what the hell was he thinking? Yanking the wheel back into her control she shot a glare to Damon. Was he mental!?

Damon seemed slightly amused at her comment, and proceeded to grin "Are you telling me you don't want any?"

That was a ******** joke. Of coarse she wanted some, what better way to chill out than with booze? Really? What planet was he from anyway? It was just miserable timing for it, anyone could have told him that. She was just surprised that he didn't know that. The guns were the priority weren't they?

"Pft, Of coarse I do. But could you have had any worse timing?" She huffed, turning her attention back to the road. "So about this camp thing, I insist it have a shower. Meaning if we find one and it doesn't, that means we didn't find one. " Instantly Becka shrieked in agreement. Her high pitched sounds were something Scar would never fully be able to handle. They were nearly super sonic, that girl.

Damon Rolled his eyes "How do you feel about showering in a lake?"

"That is not, and I repeat not running water, which means a no go"

Within a second Damon had a bottle popped open and took a swig. Scarlett scrunched her face at the way he did it. Just because there was a zombie invasion going on didn't mean he had to show off his "manly" abilities of opening a damn bottle. She sighed while he pulled the bottle from his lips he added "Just don't expect it to be indoors, Princess."

What the hell was his problem? Princess? She wasn't five years old, and even if she was he'd be the last drunken uncle she'd want to call her that. Instead of showing that it urked her, she let out a short laugh.

"Whatever. Why don't you go away or something, make Becka come up here and keep me company" Pointing at the bottle she grumbled " And dont go drinking all of that, Jerk"

"Don't worry, I'm in no hurry, no matter how much of this I drink you won't get any hotter"

"Har har har, your such a comedic genius, what would we do without your superior wit?" She shot him another blue eyed glare "Now really get out of my face."

Damon didn't argue this time, instead him and Becka did a swap of locations. This way when they got to the camp site itself she could entitle herself to the first rest, which meant she'd get to take a shower first! A shower, oh how the word stuck to her mind with eagerness. Nothing made you feel more gross or grime covered than being...well...grime covered. Scarlett wasn't a fan of getting messy, you know unless it was on her own accord. Which meant he prospect of a shower? How amazing that was right now! Becka herself popped open a bottle, but instead of that nasty yeast tasting beer she'd managed to find something more well, girly. She slipped the bottle over to Scar with a quick grin. The only good thing that came out of this zombie thing was that they could proceed to drive like it was the seventies again. A drink in one hand, speeding as fast as she could manage, and not even paying attention to any street signs. Scarlett could get used to this kind of driving, it was freaking amazing. The road ahead was getting longer and straighter the farther and farther they got from any city. At points in the ride she watched the towns or areas fade through the side mirror in a omenistic way. Becka and her chatted about various things, never getting far into detail about much. They weren't going to instantly turn into bff's like omg simply because they chatted. Damon said very little as they drove he'd occasionally scoff at something Becka or she would say and after a few words back and forth with the guy he would end up dozing off again. The road was flat and soon even Scarlett began to yawn at the dullness of the ride.

The car was silent, it had been for a good half hour by now, and the only thing that kept Scarlett from falling asleep was her resting her elbow against the window, and propping her head up on it. Damon and Becka had both fell asleep by that time, so it was up to her to keep going. Glancing at the gas gauge she scowled, it was getting ridiculousness close to E. That meant the next exit or well in this case, the next something- they'd need to stop. The road drove on for a good twenty or so miles before she spotted a gas sign in the distance. It was once a shiny yellow outline of a shell, and now it was cracked and dim in color. Scarlett was cautious about getting close to the place, after all the zombies were good at sneak attacks. They were slow sure, but they were vicious when they had a purpose. Slowing down as the approached the station she let out a sigh of relief as she saw the location was bare. As the van slowed to a stop in front of one of the pumps Scarlett unbuckled herself from the van. Reaching back into the back she managed to pull one of the smaller guns, which she wagered was some sort of hand gun, before opening the driver side door.

As she walked around to the side of the van she examined the gun. She'd seen the things in movies sure, but to actually aim and shoot one? She just hoped she wouldn't have to use it. Pulling the gas cap off the vehicle she attached the nossel to the car and started to pump the gas. She felt a wave of relief fill her body as the pump gushed on. She was afraid there wasn't going to be any gas and they'd have to leave everything behind. This though was luckily not the case. Just as the tank was filling up she heard a groaning sound from across the way. Taking a step back she watched as a mangled zombie slid itself across the ground. It's face was only two thirds there, the same could be said with its body. It lurched forward in the only manner it could. Scarlett hurried the pump, pushing against the back of the handle she listened as the liquid sped up. The creature had seen her, or smelled her, or something. All she knew was that it knew she was there. As quick as she could she fumbled to place the pump back to where it was and ran around to the driver side of the car. As the Van reared to life again, Scarlett pushed the engine in reverse and only a few seconds later a smashing sound could be heard as the van bumped over the struggling zombie. Scarlett heard it wheeze as the tire drove across its back, virtually detaching its shoulders and head from the rest of it. As she shifted gears again she heard another cracking sound of the zombies bones as she zipped over it again. In the rear view mirror she watched the creature take one last thrust upward before falling to the ground in its demise. Scarlett exhaled, trying to calm her self. What the hell were they going to do at a camp? Turn into sitting ducks? The blonde took another breath in and out before scanning the roads. The location was starting to look familiar, oddly enough. She checked the signs trying to recall why they were so known to her.

Then it hit her! She'd been around here before! This was the way they used to drive when she was a child to their southern beach house! Scarlett nearly shrieked in excitement, that meant they were going the right way! But by the looks of the sun they wouldn't make it there any time soon. It was more than a two day drive as a child, and they'd only been traveling the afternoon. They would still need to stop, but luckily Scarlett knew where! Just because she had a lot of money and her parents loved to go on holiday didn't mean she'd never been camping. Her camping was just a bit different she supposed. If they camped it was usually in a cabin, and the closest thing she came to with a tent was her two hundred count Egyptian cotton on her bed in her spare room in the cabin. On and when she meant cabin she meant cabin style loft that happened to have nine rooms, two dining quarters, three entertaining rooms, a in door tennis court (her father hated bugs), indoor pool and a billards/game room. It was pretty small compared to the actual family house, but it suited them for their needs when they were there. But thinking about it now she wagered a house like that would have already been ransacked and left to crumble. She didn't want to see that, not in that condition. It was enough to keep the memory of it. Instead they would go to the regular camping grounds adjacent to the cabin lots. Becka shifted in her seat, and grumbled something. Rubbing her eyes she glanced over at Scarlett and asked her what was going on. Scarlett smirked, telling her that they'd be where they were going to stay in a few minutes, and that a shower waited for them when they go there. Becka clasped her hands together with a grin. It was good to see someone was excited. A few exits later Scarlett pulled into a vacant lot, which she drove across. There wasn't a need to park the van, it would go where they did. Through some patches of weeds and the wood mesh that usually filled this sort of area, Scarlett drew to a stop. The flat round area was big enough for them, and small enough to be able to defend if need be. Becka egerly looked out the windows trying to find something that wasn't green. Scarlett pointed to the distant tree

"Right over there are the showers. We'll have to be careful, this is the closest we can get to them."

Becka didn't seem to mind the short skip across the green mesh to the showers just out of sight. If you squinted your eyes you could just make out the work showers on the white building.That was even a relaxing thing for her. Turning her attention to the back of the van where Damon had fallen asleep she howled his name

"DAMON!"

The Brunette Jerked in reaction to his name being called. Looking up at her he scowled, she just grinned

"C'mon then! Were here, lets get this place fixed up before dark"

Dapper Explorer

Dapper Explorer

Dapper Explorer

User Image
Sybil Rose Beckett
Experiment #0002692

Everyone Likes to Call Me:
                                    Excuse me? Were you talking to me? Oh! They call me The Dreamer

However, The World Marked Me As A:
                                          Red capes, and Dashing smiles, I'm a Hero

Count the Candles On the Cake:
                                                I've blown out exactly Twenty Birthday Cakes.

This Was My Story Before Becoming A Volunteer:
                                                      As far back as I can remember I was always dreaming. I was dreaming about different scenario's in life, different classes, even different carpets in my house. My Mom and Dad were always busy, giving me plenty of time to become this Idealistic person that stands before you. Why do you ask? I was always in charge of my siblings, which would make you think that I was the oldest right? No I wasn't, which made it even more frustrating. The line up went My Eldest brother Aberle, Brother Lowden, Me, My younger brother Kingsley, and the youngest Georgiana. I guess the role just fell on my shoulders around the age of eleven. Mom and dad both worked long hours and weren't home much. We did have a nanny from time to time but our parents thought it was better to have us take care of our own since Aberle was of age. He on the other hand, much preferred to either stay in with a group of friends or to go out with said friends. Either way, I was making sure that not only myself, but the others were in order. There was no telling Aberle that what he was doing was going to get him into trouble he didn't care. He just kept to one side of the house, while the rest of us the other. For years it went on just that way, Mom and Dad none the wiser. Mom was the kind of person who started with good intentions, but it soon grew into the idea of there wasn't enough, never enough. She would come home beat tired, cursing under her breath that there was so many mouths to feed, there were books that needed to be got, and with a single glance she would lock herself in her office and continue working. There was never enough money, never enough time, and never enough of well anything.

Mom seemed to take this with a grain of salt and just work harder, Dad on the other hand took this way different. He would come home from work and the first thing that would happen was Aberle or Lowden and him would get into some sort of argument. This would end up with one of my brothers at the end of a staircase or a bloody nose. Some nights were better, some worse, but whatever happened our Mother just pretended it didn't. She would ignore the going-ons and just lock herself away in her office and sink into her work. There was something about him that she just wouldn't confront. Like she just didn't want to let the idea of this happy family go, even thought her children would be better off without him. I would be the one to clean up the mess. The amount of broken vases and lamps I cleaned up were endless, and ounces of blood could have been donated to a hospital and received a golden amulet for them. During these times though is when I found time to think about what I wanted to do, that is what kept me going, the idea that there was something else, something more than this. From a young age I always dreamed of being a great writer. Any kind of writing, just so that It was important, it left an impact. For a shot time I wanted to be a reporter, a storm chaser, even a fashion journalist. Words were always my passion, and my own stories kept me occupied from the reality of it all.

One night when I was fifteen my Father came stumbling in, far more drunk that usual, and began his usual ritual. This time Kinsley was the victim, and when my Dad went to yank on his collar something in me snapped and I shoved him with all I could at the time. Nearly falling over he cursed and jerked around. Once he caught his balance he shouted, and the next think I knew I was on the ground looking up at all three of my brothers tackling my Dad. They pinned the man down to the ground and after being in the choke hold, he finally rested on the ground. The three of them flocked around me, and before I knew it I was crying over whatever had happened so fast. This time around, I ended up with the bloody nose and on the ground. When my Mom came out to see what had went on the only thing she could do was have my brothers help her carry Dad to bed. She didn't say anything, not a comment or comforting word one. After the destruction of the night was cleaned up, we all went to sleep. Early that next morning we all woke up to the sound of a honking car, rushing to the window we watched our Dad crawl into a cab an drive away. At the time we didn't know that was the last time we were going to see him.

After Dad left, Mom went into hyper drive. She was only home for a short time during the morning and barely at night. But even this got too much for her. There was something about my Dad she must have loved, but she started to spiral into a depression. She became virtually useless and all the money Dad and her had saved up started to gradually wither away. Every night I would come home from my part time job and like everyone before me, I would check the living room to make sure she was still breathing. The next step would be to clean up the mess and bottles left around. Even though the others did it from time to time all day, it still somehow got messy. As I cleaned up my mother would always hiss at me, telling me it was my fault father left, if I could have just left it alone then maybe he would have stayed. I tried not to let the drunk ramblings get to me, but I knew it would only be a few more drunk ramblings and throwing things until she would get that stare. It looked like she was going to cry, but then her face would turn cruel until she broke down and laid on the couch. I would leave the room because by this time I had taken on her responsibilities and if I didn't start dinner, who would? That was almost four years ago. I ended up graduating high school early just to be able to work full time. Which means I graduated with decent scores, but nothing spectacular enough to get me a full ride to anything. That wasn't my goal. If Aberle hadn't convinced me to finish it out I probably would have dropped out.

The house we lived in somehow between all of us we were able to keep going, but none of us knew for how long. This started to break me down, I mean, a rock can only take so much. Despite who I am now, I was for a brief time, Apathetic towards anything, everything, and it wasn't me. It confused me. It made me angry. No matter how hard I tried it seemed that the dreaming was gone, the future was bleak and I couldn't grab back at it. It went on for a few months like this. All that was in my future was this bleak grayness that was this terrible job and these miserable bills and this useless mother. But I knew I couldn't stop, and by then I was on auto pilot. Doing it for others, and not for myself. I had to make sure my siblings were okay, they needed to be able to stay safe, I mean two of them were still younger than me and the older two and I were the only things they had. We were their life support. We just couldn't stop. I knew there wasn't much hope at this point. Neither Aberle, Lowden or I had a college degree, so the trivial minimum wage jobs we had? They barely kept the rent up, yet alone anything else. This was a very different life that we were used to, this doing without? When we were kids- this wasn't how it was, and a lot of the time we just wanted to be kids again. I was always searching for a new job, in hopes that something better would come along, something that would help us. One day? It seemed like something actually happened for the best. Our troubles were taken from us, and virtually fixed. We didn't have to struggle, heck we had so much money coming in at the time that we could all go to school and not even worry about bills. It was a dream come true. Not to mention I could start working on my dream again. I was so excited to help the government because well, they had already helped me so much. I was first introduced to Dr. Morgan when she approached me at work. Waitressing at one of Centennial's many cafe's the woman casually began to chat to me like any other customer would, asking what I would recommend and that sort of thing. I remember to this day, she had notes spread across the table, and me being me, I had asked her what she was working on. The woman was smart, and for some reason she told me exactly what it was, and when she told me that I was one of those people she was searching for, it was literally life changing, in more than one way. This woman told me that I wasn't just a part of the crowd, I was special. I was unique, and she could prove it. The prospect of it was just was I needed.

I mean it took a little on my part but at that time it wouldn't have mattered if he wanted both my eyes and my heart. I would be able to start college wherever I chose without an issue of loans. I would have all my expenses fully paid, even my family. This would let me focus on anything I needed to at the time. It was a fantastic idea, an amazing dream, if you will. At that time it was like I was cured, instantly turned back into who I was, who I am now. It was like a rebirth, in more than one way. I was happy to assist the government and it's pursuits. Almost proud to be a part of this group they called us, the Project Alpha. I never noticed how ironic it was, the powers they gave to me. It took someone pointing it out to me to realize it actually. The ability to read minds, in a way it's like that book character, that lady with the Sixteen personalities, the one named Sybil. I never got a chance to ask why I was chose for that specific power though I've grown to love it, its now a part of me, yet I still wonder if it was some sort of joke. Either way I was eager to train, test and whatever they might have needed from me. The project was short lived, and when they announced it, I felt my whole body shatter. That security my family had? It was gone, and there wasn't anything I could do about it. Doctor Lombardi was furious, his whole life was ripped from him. The fourteen of us who were chosen were sent home, and though I was happy to see my siblings, I felt like it was just going to go back to what it was again, and I didn't want that. Before I left for home, I was told for compensation of staying quiet, there would be a sum of money that if I ever spoke of what had happened here, would not only be jerked from me, but I would also be branded as a traitor. I understood exactly what that meant, and I was okay with that, for the most part. I had been a part of something greater, and now I wanted to do something more. But luckily there was a change in plans. Dr. Lombardi decided that his life's work was going to continue, that the fourteen volunteers would be brought back again. Through training the group was divided into pairs which not only did they have the new developed gene, but they also had a bond. I was paired with Wyatt Grant, who at first I found to be more of a bother than a help. Not to mention on top of being able to read his thoughts our bond allowed me to actually feel the emotion with it. This was incredibly depressing, due to Wyatt being, well anti-social. Over time we have gotten better at working together, we actually are quite dynamic. Not to mention I'm grateful that he can't read my mind, because he would know how much I really adore him. Granted The Flirt is always trying shove me into situations like that anyway, he can't see it. I've never tried to make it obvious, but apparently I'm an open book to everyone but Wyatt. Despite that little bump in the road, we can function in the large house that the other heroes occupy very well. All of us have situated well over the last two years after the accident, and living together has turned into something that I really love.

User ImageXXXUser ImageXXXUser Image
                                                      Petite Hibou

Dapper Explorer

User ImageUser Image

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Etiam tristique congue orci. Vestibulum ante ipsum primis in faucibus orci luctus et ultrices posuere cubilia Curae; Proin sit amet ipsum faucibus lectus suscipit placerat. Ut cursus, lorem vel ornare porta, elit purus eleifend nibh, non consectetur libero elit non felis. Sed rhoncus augue at sapien convallis quis sollicitudin est sollicitudin. Cras sollicitudin, tellus id pulvinar posuere, sem massa gravida mi, quis feugiat mi sem nec turpis. Aliquam tincidunt ullamcorper mauris, ac congue augue viverra et. Mauris ac tellus ipsum, nec ornare diam. Morbi vel nisl nec augue congue pretium. Suspendisse ipsum massa, placerat eu elementum sed, gravida id turpis. Proin leo orci, adipiscing ac hendrerit at, pellentesque eget lacus. Aliquam erat volutpat. Fusce eleifend ipsum ac ante egestas scelerisque. Donec vitae felis eget ante lobortis volutpat bibendum id leo. Sed at lobortis mauris. Nam vulputate, metus quis tincidunt interdum, risus dolor facilisis ligula, nec elementum velit quam ut lectus. Vestibulum auctor convallis eros sed iaculis. Praesent nec mi nunc. Curabitur a leo sit amet tellus sodales posuere faucibus porta mi. Donec dictum purus id magna laoreet rutrum.Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Etiam tristique congue orci. Vestibulum ante ipsum primis in faucibus orci luctus et ultrices posuere cubilia Curae; Proin sit amet ipsum faucibus lectus suscipit placerat. Ut cursus, lorem vel ornare porta, elit purus eleifend nibh, non consectetur libero elit non felis. Sed rhoncus augue at sapien convallis quis sollicitudin est sollicitudin. Cras sollicitudin, tellus id pulvinar posuere, sem massa gravida mi, quis feugiat mi sem nec turpis. Aliquam tincidunt ullamcorper mauris, ac congue augue viverra et. Mauris ac tellus ipsum, nec ornare diam. Morbi vel nisl nec augue congue pretium. Suspendisse ipsum massa, placerat eu elementum sed, gravida id turpis. Proin leo orci, adipiscing ac hendrerit at, pellentesque eget lacus. Aliquam erat volutpat. Fusce eleifend ipsum ac ante egestas scelerisque. Donec vitae felis eget ante lobortis volutpat bibendum id leo. Sed at lobortis mauris. Nam vulputate, metus quis tincidunt interdum, risus dolor facilisis ligula, nec elementum velit quam ut lectus. Vestibulum auctor convallis eros sed iaculis. Praesent nec mi nunc. Curabitur a leo sit amet tellus sodales posuere faucibus porta mi. Donec dictum purus id magna laoreet rutrum.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Etiam tristique congue orci. Vestibulum ante ipsum primis in faucibus orci luctus et ultrices posuere cubilia Curae; Proin sit amet ipsum faucibus lectus suscipit placerat. Ut cursus, lorem vel ornare porta, elit purus eleifend nibh, non consectetur libero elit non felis. Sed rhoncus augue at sapien convallis quis sollicitudin est sollicitudin. Cras sollicitudin, tellus id pulvinar posuere, sem massa gravida mi, quis feugiat mi sem nec turpis. Aliquam tincidunt ullamcorper mauris, ac congue augue viverra et. Mauris ac tellus ipsum, nec ornare diam. Morbi vel nisl nec augue congue pretium. Suspendisse ipsum massa, placerat eu elementum sed, gravida id turpis. Proin leo orci, adipiscing ac hendrerit at, pellentesque eget lacus. Aliquam erat volutpat. Fusce eleifend ipsum ac ante egestas scelerisque. Donec vitae felis eget ante lobortis volutpat bibendum id leo. Sed at lobortis mauris. Nam vulputate, metus quis tincidunt interdum, risus dolor facilisis ligula, nec elementum velit quam ut lectus. Vestibulum auctor convallis eros sed iaculis. Praesent nec mi nunc. Curabitur a leo sit amet tellus sodales posuere faucibus porta mi. Donec dictum purus id magna laoreet rutrum.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Etiam tristique congue orci. Vestibulum ante ipsum primis in faucibus orci luctus et ultrices posuere cubilia Curae; Proin sit amet ipsum faucibus lectus suscipit placerat. Ut cursus, lorem vel ornare porta, elit purus eleifend nibh, non consectetur libero elit non felis. Sed rhoncus augue at sapien convallis quis sollicitudin est sollicitudin. Cras sollicitudin, tellus id pulvinar posuere, sem massa gravida mi, quis feugiat mi sem nec turpis. Aliquam tincidunt ullamcorper mauris, ac congue augue viverra et. Mauris ac tellus ipsum, nec ornare diam. Morbi vel nisl nec augue congue pretium. Suspendisse ipsum massa, placerat eu elementum sed, gravida id turpis. Proin leo orci, adipiscing ac hendrerit at, pellentesque eget lacus. Aliquam erat volutpat. Fusce eleifend ipsum ac ante egestas scelerisque. Donec vitae felis eget ante lobortis volutpat bibendum id leo. Sed at lobortis mauris. Nam vulputate, metus quis tincidunt interdum, risus dolor facilisis ligula, nec elementum velit quam ut lectus. Vestibulum auctor convallis eros sed iaculis. Praesent nec mi nunc. Curabitur a leo sit amet tellus sodales posuere faucibus porta mi. Donec dictum purus id magna laoreet rutrum.

User Image

Dapper Explorer

xxxxxxUser Image

User Image
                          Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Etiam tristique congue orci.Vestibulum ante ipsum primis in faucibus orci luctus et ultrices posuere cubilia Curae; Proin sit amet ipsum faucibus lectus suscipit placerat. Ut cursus, lorem vel ornare porta, elit purus eleifend nibh, non consectetur libero elit non felis. Sed rhoncus augue at sapien convallis quis sollicitudin est sollicitudin. Cras sollicitudin, tellus id pulvinar posuere, sem massa gravida mi, quis feugiat mi sem nec turpis. Aliquam tincidunt ullamcorper mauris, ac congue augue viverra et. Mauris ac tellus ipsum, nec ornare diam. Morbi vel nisl nec augue congue pretium. Suspendisse ipsum massa, placerat eu elementum sed, gravida id turpis. Proin leo orci, adipiscing ac hendrerit at, pellentesque eget lacus. Aliquam erat volutpat. Fusce eleifend ipsum ac ante egestas scelerisque. Donec vitae felis eget ante lobortis volutpat bibendum id leo. Sed at lobortis mauris. Nam vulputate, metus quis tincidunt interdum, risus dolor facilisis ligula, nec elementum velit quam ut lectus. Vestibulum auctor convallis eros sed iaculis. Praesent nec mi nunc. Curabitur a leo sit amet tellus sodales posuere faucibus porta mi. Donec dictum purus id magna laoreet rutrum.

Dapper Explorer

User Image

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Etiam tristique congue orci.Vestibulum ante ipsum primis in faucibus orci luctus et ultrices posuere cubilia Curae; Proin sit amet ipsum faucibus lectus suscipit placerat. Ut cursus, lorem vel ornare porta, elit purus eleifend nibh, non consectetur libero elit non felis. Sed rhoncus augue at sapien convallis quis sollicitudin est sollicitudin. Cras sollicitudin, tellus id pulvinar posuere, sem massa gravida mi, quis feugiat mi sem nec turpis. Aliquam tincidunt ullamcorper mauris, ac congue augue viverra et. Mauris ac tellus ipsum, nec ornare diam. Morbi vel nisl nec augue congue pretium. Suspendisse ipsum massa, placerat eu elementum sed, gravida id turpis. Proin leo orci, adipiscing ac hendrerit at, pellentesque eget lacus. Aliquam erat volutpat. Fusce eleifend ipsum ac ante egestas scelerisque. Donec vitae felis eget ante lobortis volutpat bibendum id leo. Sed at lobortis mauris. Nam vulputate, metus quis tincidunt interdum, risus dolor facilisis ligula, nec elementum velit quam ut lectus. Vestibulum auctor convallis eros sed iaculis. Praesent nec mi nunc. Curabitur a leo sit amet tellus sodales posuere faucibus porta mi. Donec dictum purus id magna laoreet rutrum.

Dapper Explorer

User ImageUser Image
xxY-Y O U D x T H O U G H T x B Yx N O W
petitehiYou'd have it figured out
xxxPetitexYou can't erase the way it pulls
petitexxxxxxxhibou WHEN SEASONS CHANGE
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxIt hurts sometimes xx It hurts sometimes xx It hurts sometimes
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxIt hurts sometimes xx It hurts sometimes xx It hurts sometimes
xxxxxxxxx
xxxxx TO FIND WHERE YOU BEGIN
xxxxxxxxxxxxx() You are PERFECT porcelain

The system knew what it was doing. It knew each of the alpha participants by their strengths and weaknesses. The usual sequence of the auto voice counted down ’Three…. This was always the longest part for her. The waiting, it was pure agony. The scene before them was shifting from dark grey into shades of green. two….’ In its finally transformation the layout presented itself as a valley of lush woods ’….one....’, and so it begins. A quick burst of digital blocks swarmed the air directly above them. In it’s wake it left a digital foe, ready and armed to face Wyatt, hungry for his blood. Sybil bobbed on her feet, anxious to see what the machine had concocted for her this time, but before her…there was nothing. She waited, glancing around the wooded area for any signs. Maybe there was something she was suppose to be sensing? She’d been tested like that before, having to use her skill to actually feel the digital presence. The thing that was spectacular about it was the piece of machinery had even given the digital attacker thoughts. Like a living, breathing person! That meant that Sybil could anticipate movements and easily defend, as long as she focused on using her gift. That had only happened a few times though, there hadn’t been much point in that sort of training for her now, she’d virtually mastered the skill of separating thoughts and staying in tune. So no, the smart piece of machinery would not be doing that; it was far to devious for that. The point in training her like that was mute. Turning around, she searched, eyes scanning every possible angle for something that was going to come after her. Behind trees, in bushes, there had to be something! What did this tricky thing have planned for her today?

She could see out of the corner of her eye that Wyatt was fighting his own digital foe. She hadn’t seen the first part of the battle but the result had already destroyed a nearby tree somehow. Sybil mumbled a huh in amazement as Wyatt shifted on his feet, quicker than she’d ever seen him before. A few steps back he countered a few jabs at the foe. The imitation made another move forward like a starving wolf that just saw flesh for the first time in weeks. Wyatt easily evaded this by another quick movement to the side. Wheeling around, he shifted his weight, standing in a defensive stance obviously not phased. The foe made a swift kick up, Wyatt acted quickly; he slipped down with a low kick of his own, sending the foe tumbling backwards. Sybil grinned, but the joy of the success of her teammate was short lived. There was something amiss here... She should have already been attacked for Christ sake! She glanced forward, the terrain seemed to of been singed. The little blades of grass where scorched and ripped from the aftermath of flames. It looked desolate compared to the land that Wyatt was battling on. Sybil bent down on her knee and picked a piece of dried grass from the ground. Twisting it in her finger she felt a rush of excitement flow through her. This was where she was suppose to be going she just knew it! The simulation was going to lead her, how fantastic was that!? The machine had a mind of its own, despite being only a product of humans.

Standing back up she flicked the singed piece of grass and it floated away. The path ahead dipped and twisted in a web of trails. She didn’t exactly know where to begin, if she took one wrong turn she knew she’d be wandering for far to long. She closed her eyes and drew in a breath to steady herself. When she opened her eyes she raced forward with as much speed as she could muster. As she followed the path, she tried to evaluate what was going on around her, calculate any possible outcomes that would face her in the near future. The path was clear, the sides covered entirely by trees. The farther she progressed down the pathway the trees grew denser with every step. The sound of her feet hitting the path she was getting used to the own melodic sound of her feet tapping the pavement as she raced on. Where…was…this…going? The psychic felt her knees starting to shake. Slowing down she came to a stop, resting her hands on her knees, she drew in a deep breath, steadying herself.

Ziiiing

A sudden jolt raced through her head like a bolt of lightening, what an unfamiliar thing. It made her stop, trying to regain herself, it almost made her dizzy. Or maybe it was just her imagination? Taking another step forward she readied herself to press on again down the path with one last deep breath.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

This time a high pitched vibration pierced her ear drums, bringing her to a halt. How could she keep going when the machine was…Wait. Maybe she wasn’t suppose to keep going? Turning on her heel she twisted around back to the way she’d just came until she could hear feint mumblings. It was a voice that wasn’t familiar, but it was there for sure, something was pressing into her mind and the result was her hearing these whispers. It was several different people, all in hushed tone, all different phrases. The brunette began the only defense she had, trying to push the thoughts out, clearing her mind, she focused. The sound of a young voice started to stand out, pushing itself out against the crowd of whispering voices. None of them were leaving, every murmuring soft sound pressed against the walls of her psyche.

Sybil inhaled, her breath was becoming jagged and her chest tightened. What was this machine doing? Her mind was racing, whispers, murmurs; the sounds were getting louder and louder, echoing through her mind. The words bouncing off the sides of her mind were only heard by her, this was apparent. The simulator had pulled her away, far enough from Wyatt so she couldn’t pick him out from the mumbles they had created. By forcing her to run she became physically exhausted, making it harder to focus mentally. Something that would have been easy starting off became a challenge.

The voices danced in her mind, but one seemed louder than the others.

A child.

Its face became clearer, and its sounds louder. A pale faced boy with hollow cheeks became so vivid that she might be able to reach out and touch him. The pale faced child spoke, and as he did, so did the others still. She could barely focus on one voice to another. Sybil tried to catch her breath. Breathing was always a key to getting her mind clear. But she couldn't seem to tell her lungs to help. They just burned. From the running, then to this she couldn’t steady herself to clear her mind. Gasping, she started to move again. If she couldn't catch her breath, she was just going to keep going. As she started again, the pale faced child began to speak again. His voice was still louder than the rest. He murmured various things that she was trying to ignore. Each phrase was different, trying to get Sybil to react to it. She had experienced this once. The sympathy she felt towards a mission once killed her in training. She tried to be more aware of that now.

There were figures now, standing in front of her. Their vacant stares were getting realistic to her, literally in front of her now. If she reached forward she was afraid she’d touch a lanky pale looking child that to Sybil, stood right in front of her. She clutched her head. How was this machine growing as strong as it was? She needed to build her defense. Could someone really do this to her? She supposed another psychic could if they were strong enough. The pale faced child opened its lips and all at once the whispering stopped. Sybil took a step back, unsure what to do.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

There it was, that damned sound!

Dapper Explorer

Dapper Explorer

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items