- Report Post
- Posted: Sun, 15 Jun 2014 18:13:42 +0000
❝ We're businessmen, not thugs, so get your s**t together and stop besmirching Red Steel's name. ❞
⊰ LEGATO ZEITREISEN [THE KING OF ROYAL FLUSH❜
FIRST ✽ IMPRESSIONS
- NICKNAME; Leto
COMBAT ✽ ORDERS
• Piano wire: Leto keeps two coils wrapped around his wrists. Good for silent kills or torture, they're disguised as wrist bands with auto-retract for quick clean up.
• Silenced pistol: Probably his most preferred long range weapon. Years of practice have made him quite the shot, and if possible, he enjoys ricocheting his bullets to decrease their predictability.
• Daggers: Gotta have a close range weapon, not to mention guns can always run out of bullets when you need them most. Legato prefers a two bladed style combined with martial arts, after all, what good is a blade if you can't wield it properly.
Not exactly a muscular man, toned, but not super strong, Legato relies on uses his enemies movements and momentum against them. He doesn't take attacks head on, nor does he use blocks. Instead he prefers to redirect attacks so their blows land elsewhere or even on their own allies. Maximizing the efficiency of his movements, Leto can save energy while making sure his opponents use all of theirs. He makes good use of his dodging capabilities too, and is an annoying target to try and hit when on the run. While Legato is no coward, he's not overly confident of his own abilities either. Therefore, he finds no shame in retreating when he feels he's at a disadvantage, but more often than naught, he prefers to finish off his opponent lest they become an even bigger nuisance the next time they meet.
• Intuitive: Perhaps it's inherent, or maybe it was developed from all the fights he had gotten into, but Legato is very adept at predicting the movements and intentions of others whether it be in battle or in tactical strategy. Not just that, but in regards to the nature of people and whether or not they are trustworthy and truthful. However, he's not infallible and is well aware of that too.
• Realistic: He rarely if ever underestimates his opponents. Often times he over estimates them. Still, he's careful and meticulous in what he does, otherwise how could Red Steel have retained so much power? Always having backups for his backups, Legato knows things rarely go as planned and usually creates various contingency plans for such cases.
• Tech Savvy: Technology always works beautifully for him. Maybe it's ridiculous, but never has he had anything crash or burn on when in his possession. On that note, he's able to quickly learn how to use any technology that falls into his hands inside and out.
• Cooking: Yes, he can cook. As if he would let others make his meals. While he does trust Red Steel members for the most part, you can never be too sure, especially now that White Justice has popped up out of nowhere.
• Playing the Viol: Self taught after his father's death considering his father would never let him do something so 'unnecessary.' Leto loves the sounds that are produced and in a way, his true, kinder self shines through when he loses himself in music.
• Indecisive: Many times, Leto fights a inner war with himself. The man he's become vs. the man he was. Both want the same thing but argue about the means to that end. Because of that, he takes a long time to decide on something, at least in regards to important things.
• Dealing With Children: He regards them as a whole different species. In truth, he's just unsure of how to act around innocent beings and is worried about turning them into future hims. Hence, Leto is rather envious of Rhys in this respect.
• Contests of Strength: While he's not weak, he's not super strong either. So if it were to come down to some fight that relied on strength, you can bet he'll find some other way to get the job done. That or he'll just... make a tidy escape.
BACKGROUND ✽ INFORMATION
- • Intuitive -- Gifted with a knack for using instinct rather than just facts and appearances has saved Leto's a** on more than one occasion, and will trust his gut feeling more than what others tell him generally.
• Meticulous -- Going through everything with a fine tip comb, if the task isn't done perfectly, get ready to do it again, and again, and again until he's satisfied. Not one to rush through things or skip over the fine print, Legato hates being tricked or caught unaware so he takes great pains to avoid it.
• Patient -- He's the kind that's perfectly capable of waiting for his enemies to come to him instead of charging head first into who knows what. Not just that, but in regards to dealing with others, he's not impatient or hotheaded when it comes to frustrating or difficult people. Because of this, he's usually able to see the whole picture instead of just the present or what's immediately before him.
• Manipulative -- Well he's got to be right? How else would he have killed his father?
• Ruthless -- No mercy. Leto knows the meaning of mercy quite well, he just chooses not to exercise it. If he wants something done and someone stands in his way, he's not going to leave them half dead or presumably dead. No. He will pump them full of lead bullets and chop of their heads.
• Reasonable -- He's not going to make his subordinates complete impossible tasks. During his time winning over the loyalty of Red Steel, Leto took great pains to acquaint himself with those loyal to him and gives them tasks he knows they can accomplish successfully.
• Charismatic -- How else would he have won over 3/4 of Red Steel without shedding blood? A natural born leader, Legato would never be able to follow the lead of someone else, and as such, he's good at persuading others to follow him. Tactics like oppression and bribery really aren't his style, though he's aware of the merits of each at times. Moderation is key, and Leto is well aware of when to push and when to back off. All in all, he's good at garnering support and appearing as though he's 'one of them,' whomever he designates 'them' to be.
• Carefree -- Or at least, that's how he likes to appear. In his opinion, nothing's worse than seeing a superior tense and worried all the time because after awhile, it'll rub off on the subordinates, and that's something Legato wants to avoid. So often times, he'll maintain a relaxed air around him to put those loyal to him at ease, and to throw his enemies off guard.
• Kind -- Very select few see this side of him, and it's almost never shown nowadays. As a trait from his childhood Leto doesn't exercise kindness on a daily basis, and currently that is something only reserved for Euthy, Rhys (when not on the job), Ini, and Kai (prior to their big argument)
- • Order
• Red Steel
• Being with those he trusts
- • Parsley
• White Justice
• His (dead) father
- His father killed his mother - believed a female presence would 'weaken' Legato
- Took Legato to meetings at an early age and had him exposed thoroughly to gang life
- As a child, naive and compassionate, just like any other child. His father tried to beat it out of him, telling him such traits were weak and useless in this kind of world.
- Slowly came to hate Red Steel, or at least what it had become under his father's rule
- Leto hated it more because of what it did to Kai and his relationship. Kai was one of his few friends as a child, and because of how his father ran Red Steel, they got into a fight right before being permanently separated.
- His other friend was Euthy, though she was more of a free spirit. As such, Leto envied her for being able to do as she pleased and go wherever she wanted, unrestricted by anyone or anything. A few times he brought up Naomi, knowing that the two girls were friends as well, but was never able to meet the raven haired girl. His father told him to stay away from Naomi considering she was a part of the opposition, but Leto didn't understand why, it wasn't like he had anything against her so he ignored his father for the most part.
- Gang life hardened him - so much death, so many killings he couldn't prevent. Poverty, famine, fear... People constantly turning on each other to get ahead, what shocked him most was people who were so close fighting to the death over a single thing such a power or money.
- In his early adolescence, Legato began to grow suspicious of others, thus reading the hidden cues instead of listening to just the words.
- At the age of fifteen he met Inigo, found the male was fairly useful and spent five years testing him to see how loyal he was capable of becoming, and whether or not that loyalty would belong solely to him. Once he was satisfied, Inigo became his right hand man and a trusted confidant.
- Also met E'varia during that time. Both were quite fake around each other at the beginning, and Leto for one, took the opportunity to have her show him her tricks whenever he could. Turning point in their relationship was when E'varia had his back, taking out a man aiming for him and rendering him permanently infertile. While he didn't trust her completely after that, he was more inclined to give her chances to prove herself.
- Dated Euthy for a two years, starting from when he was eighteen. A happier time in his life where he would have been content living with her at his side without regard for Red Steel.
- She disappeared when he was twenty and during that time, he distracted himself by becoming more immersed in gang life. He thought she might have left either because she simply didn't like him anymore or because it had something to do with the fact that he wasn't yet the head of Red Steel.
- At the age of twenty, he plotted the murder of his father, after building up trust for so many years, he decided it was time to act.
- Inigo and E'varia were the first he confided in, and at age twenty-one, he carried it out with Inigo as his right hand man, and E'varia as his lieutenant, having won over the loyalty of three fourths of Red Steel during that one year period.
- The remaining quarter were given a choice, to join or to be 'released.' Legato tricked them into thinking they would simply be kicked out of the gang, but killed all who chose to be released.
- After that, Leto devoted his time to reforming the system for the next five years. He put sanctions on Red Steel's conduct and made Sanctuary city a better place to live in. Not the best, but certainly better than before.
- E'varia had been reported by a 'trusted' informant as a supporter for his later father's ideals and to have been selling out Red Steel intel. With such overwhelming evidence and a clear sense of betrayal, Leto had Inigo kill both her and her fiancé.
- Months later, he found out the truth, and as a half assed apology, ended up paying for E'varia's hospital bills.
- Established more routes for weapons and ammunition trading as well as alliances with promising gangs.
- At the age of twenty-four, Legato came into contact with Rhys and supplied him with weapons to annihilate the gang that betrayed him. Two birds with one stone - found himself a good mercenary that wasn't tied down by lingering loyalties and he was rid of a gang that was becoming a nuisance to him.
- White Justice is threatening everything he's worked hard to build up and protect so Leto's incredibly displeased. They think that they're right, but he thinks they're just a bunch of idiots too caught up in their own s**t to see the big picture.
- As a result he proposed an alliance between Red Steel and Black Charity to combat White Justice. He for one isn't stupid enough to ignore them, and even though his father may have been against Black Charity, Leto has nothing against them.
MISC ✽ DATA