Welcome to Gaia! ::

Questionable Warlord

Questionable Warlord

User Image

Username: Sailor Morganite
Short Story: Forever Winter

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Forever Winter

Biting cold that threatened to n** it's way past her sailor fuku was overwhelming but it's not the first time that Sailor Uranus had felt such a sensation of the cold numbing her limps. It happened once before, years ago when she was but a teenager fighting with the others against an outside invader that they, her comrades Neptune and Pluto as well as herself, had failed to repel from the inner sanctum of the Sol System. Then again, how were they supposed to know that such a being would come back not for the second time, but the third?

Gritting her teeth, the scene that unfolds before her felt like one she'd seen so many times before. Too many times, really.

On her left, Jupiter and Venus brought down a massive snow creature to it's knees. Jupiter's electric attack sliced the creature open, melting it from the inside out. Their reprieve was cut short as another one, one of those damnable flying ice birds, swooped down and carried Jupiter off before dropping the green fuku senshi to the ground, landing with a sick 'thud'.

Though Uranus was confident that Jupiter would get back up, she couldn't help but flinch at the sound.

"Uranus!"

Her partner, Neptune, called out to her, catching the pale blonde's attention, and she barely managed to dodge one of those shrilly snow maidens again.

That's right, that woman came back again. The one laughing from her icy throne down at them:

The Snow Queen.

--

Just a few hours before the inevitable battle..

"I'm sure Hotaru'll be alright." Setsuna said, though her worried dark cherry eyes told a different story as the three of them watched on where the pale dark haired girl laid in her bed. Smiling happily at her visitors. "Though, the doctor's haven't found the cause of her illness."

"I can't help but be worried." Michiru leaned against Haruka, turning her head so that Hotaru didn't see her expression. She was thankful that their princess, pregnant as she was, decided to visit. Then again, when wouldn't Usagi come to visit Hotaru? Especially with the prospect of Chibiusa on the way.

"We just have to hope that she'll get better." Haruka held her hand and smiled softly, "Hotaru's strong, she'll pull through this. In the mean time, lets get the presents."

It wasn't ideal, celebrating Christmas in the hospital, but there was no help for it. However, thanks to their combined income, they could afford the large private room for Hotaru and make as much noise as they like without worrying anyone.

"Did someone say presents?" Usagi asked, grinning as she gestured to Mamoru, "Mamo-chan give Hotaru-chan ours first!"

Mamoru laughed softly, "Give me a second, Usako, you stay there."

"Oh! I'm pregnant not invalid!" Usagi huffed at him.

"Still, you should stay off your feet." Mamoru told her heading over to the Christmas tree and pulling out the present that was wrapped in brightly colored paper with a crazy huge bow, "Here you go Hotaru-chan."

With her bright purple eyes filled with curiosity, the teenage girl rips open the gift and cooes once she saw the fluffy rabbit inside. "Thank you, Usagi-chan!"

Hotaru hugged it tightly before blinking a bit feeling something else, she looked in the ridiculous huge bow and found a black and white picture- a sonogram of a baby? She looked to Usagi, " Is-is this?"

Usagi nodded, " Copy of the Sonogram of Chibiusa-chan!" She smiled brightly, " I thought you would like it. "

Hotaru's eyes watered before she hugged Usagi tightly, " Thank you!"

The others laughed, everyone enjoying the Christmas cheer as they continued to exchange gifts.

At least until Hotaru got a far off look that Haruka recognized immediately, " What is it, Hotaru-chan?"

The room became suddenly quiet as all attention was fixed on the girl on the bed who continued to stare out over the wintery scenery.

"She's returned." Hotaru said ominously.

" Who?" Ami asked, though Rei had begun to pick up something as well.

" Whoever it is, it feels familiar." Rei worried her lip, "It may be worse than before."

Without warning screams were heard outside and the eerily familiar shrilly voices could be heard laughing at the chaos they had rendered.

Usagi stood, " The Snow Queen!"

---

Now, Uranus kicked the snow maiden in the abodmen, flinging the creature over her head and into an icy building. Ever since then, they had been fighting for what seemed like hours. Everyone had told Usagi to stay behind with Hotaru, fearing what could happened if the young woman transformed.

Half of Uranus hoped that they could handle this without risking Usagi, but a small part of her knows that it would be nigh impossible now.

However, her attention was stolen by the sound of her lover's screams as one of the ice monsters chomped down on her leg, damaging it badly. Seeing that just made something inside of Uranus snap and she barreled down on the monster brandishing her sword, screaming out -

"Space Turbulence!"

The creature was demolished. Uranus ran to Neptune's side, looking at her leg, " Do you think you can walk?"

" I don't know." Neptune looked down at her bloody frostbitten leg, " Haruka.. I don't know if we can win this one."

"Don't say that, Michiru." Uranus helped her up, " We just got to get you to the Hospital. I'm sure- "

"As amusing as this is, " The Snow Queen announced, capturing everyone's attenion, " But I have things to do and this shall be the prize in my collection."

"We won't let you!" A new voice rang out.

"Sailor Moon! Sailor ...Saturn?" The group saw ontop of the hospital building, SailorMoon supporting Saturn.

Tuxedo Kamen quickly was at her side, " What are you doing? " His tone was more out of worry than anything else, " What if you both get hurt?"

"We can't just sit by while this..person tries to destroy your planet, Mamo-chan." Moon said with a small smile, "This place that Chibiusa will call home.."

"Alright." He said."Lets do it your way." Moving to the other side of her, he scooped Saturn up and the pair jumped down to the ground to face off with the Snow Queen, the others closing in behind them.

Uranus, helping Neptune, smiled at her, feeling as if they could do this. They had always been able to before and she had believed that with their princess and prince, they could do it again.

"We'll be home soon, Michiru." She said to her, " Just one more battle."

Neptune gave her a soft smile, " Our last battle."

---

And it was.

Uranus was staring up at the bleak grey skies, her eyes becoming unfocused as she could hear the sobbing of the inner court drifting through the the harsh white noise of the world. Everything had gone as wrong as it could be.

Who knew they would have a Pyrrhic Victory?

They had won against the Snow Queen, at least, but could not lift the ice and snow from the world that was spreading at an alarming rate.

Hotaru....

Uranus closed her eyes tightly, a tear fell out of the corner at the memory of Hotaru giving all her energy to Sailor Moon and falling down dead shortly thereafter. The anguish cry that she had let out, Neptune saving her but at the cost of herself. Pluto helping to defeat the enemy but was so severely injured, that a mysterious force had taken her away without any warning.

In all that, she had missed one of the snow creatures that had been lurking after it's master's death. As far as the others could tell, she didn't have time to react, but Uranus knew the truth.

Without Neptune, there was no need for her to live on.

Turning her head, to where her partner laid still with snow slowly covering her and in the background the Inner court were whisking their princess away, who unceremoniously fainted in the arms of the prince, Haruka reached for Michiru's hand.

Even as everything in her body screamed for her to stop moving, Haruka persisted until she could somehow feel the cold hand and wrapped her fingers around it. The smile was faint as the light slowly left her eyes with snow falling down to cover her as it had her lover.

Maybe this was why they were never shown in the future of Crystal Tokyo? That far off fairytale place that the younger senshi spoke of so vividly?

It didn't matter.

Haruka had her Michiru with her and that was all that matter.

Questionable Warlord

User Image

Username: XonyMudd
Short Story: Fireflies Dancing in the Winter Sky. Hotaru’s Christmas Wish.

Fireflies Dancing in the Winter Sky. Hotaru’s Christmas Wish.

Christmas had come to the island of Japan once more. The air was chill and the sky was occasionally littered with tiny white flurries. Haruka, Setsuna, and Michiru were walking outside in the hustling Tokyo streets along with a petite little girl with dark hair and deep, purple eyes. One might mistake this as being Hotaru’s fourth, fifth, or even sixth Christmas, but this was actually going on her second Christmas since being reborn. The former melancholy sailor soldier had no memory of her last life, nor did she know these three women as anything other than Haruka-papa, Michiru-mama, and Setsuna-mama. In fact, even a stranger might think that they were all part of one big happy family with the way they walked together. Of course, they were. These four females were the outer scouts and although there was not a single drop of blood connecting them to one another biologically speaking, they were all very much as real a family as anyone else’s.

Hotaru was no longer a little baby, so this happy stroll was a window shopping excursion to try and help the three women determine what the little girl would want for Christmas this year. Setsuna, Michiru, and Haruka all agreed that they wanted her to have a happy childhood, the kind of childhood that she was not able to have before. They were all the outer senshi, making her life, her happiness, their responsibility. If Hotaru was happy, healthy, and safe, as well as there being no world destroying threat, Sailor Saturn would have no need to reawaken.

As they walked around passing one store after another, they passed by familiar faces. There was Usagi clinging tightly to Mamoru as they walked together, her parents walking ahead of them with her younger brother, her father frequently glaring back at the older male he did not approve his daughter dating. They also passed by Rei and her grandfather as they went out shopping, with poor Yuuichiroo stumbling behind them overloaded with shopping bags. The four passed a coffee shop where Ami was seated enjoying a good book about the future of robotics along with a hot cup of cocoa and they even witnessed Sailor V stop a purse snatcher dead in his tracks. Setsuna solemnly nodded to their friends, and although Michiru and Haruka also subtly acknowledge their presence, Hotaru had no recollection as to who any of them all, her mind a fresh slate.

When they returned home to their Victorian style estate, Setsuna changed clothes and excused herself to go out on what she hinted was official guardian of time business. The way she was dressed, made Michiru think the older woman was going out on a hot date, perhaps with some eccentric time lord. Tired from their trip, Michiru scooped their little girl into her arms and went to put her down for a nap. Haruka hopped down onto their living room couch and proceeded to prop her feet up on their nice cedar table to watch some TV. The tomboy blonde checked the TV guide to see when Xtreme Racing’s Xtreme X-mas Xtravaganza was coming on.

Once Hotaru was down for her nap, the teal haired young woman gracefully made her way to the living room. Once the elegant violinist came close enough to the couch, Haruka stood up and grabbed Michiru around the waist. The blonde willed herself to fall back onto the couch, dragging her partner down with her. A soft gasp in exclamation escaped the talented female’s lips as she was pulled onto the couch. Haruka held her tightly in her arms as they reclined across the couch haphazardly. Michiru had no qualms about this so long as the other kept their feet off the expensive oak table, and she certainly loved the attention the blond was giving her, especially when Haruka started kissing on the side of her neck. Intimate moments alone were rare and far apart, and after the conversation she had with Hotaru while she was tucking her in, Michiru really needed something to take her mind off of the awkward conversation.

“Did you ask Hotaru what she wanted for Christmas?”

Michiru’s face turned a mistletoe red color when Haruka asked her that question. Deep blue eyes looked awkwardly away from the tomboy’s face. She was slightly perturb by the recent recollection of an awkward conversation that question recalled.

“Ah, she asked you for a little brother or little sister too,” the blond inquired.

“Yes,” the sea green haired young woman answered softly, “but how did you know?”

Haruka let out an awkward chuckle, shaking her head slightly as she did. She pulled her partner close and sat up holding her. A heavy sigh escaped her lips before she confessed that she had a similar conversation with the former host of the evil entity known as Mistress 9.

“What did you say to her?”

“Well,” the aspiring race car driver began, “that question really caught me by surprise. I didn’t know exactly how to answer, so I kind of just coughed and told her to….”

Haruka paused abruptly. When Hotaru asked her if she could have a brother or sister for Christmas, the blonde was at a loss for words. She knew there was no way that would be physically possible for the three women. Okay, well technically it was physically possible, but in regards to her and Michiru having a child together, it was…well complicated. The two could not produce any offspring with one another, but explaining that to a little girl, one who had been reborn and aged from an infant to a small child within the course of a couple of years, was not a challenge she was up for.

“So I might have told her to ask you,” she finished, “you’re not mad at me, are you?”

The elegant woman on her lap gave her a stern look. It was brief and ended after a bubbly giggle gurgled forth from Michiru’s lips. True, she wished her partner had not put all the pressure on her, but she could not blame Haruka for her response. She wrapped her arms around the blonde’s neck and leaned in for a kiss. Their eyes closed as Haruka wrapped her arms around Michiru and finished the connection of their mouths.

“We’re going to have to explain to her that we can’t do that,” the short haired blonde spoke up.

“I know,” Michiru agreed, “but we shouldn’t be blunt. It needs to be tactful.”

“I vote Setsuna do it,” suggested Haruka.

“I second that,” her partner agreed.

“Vote Setsuna do what?”

Two pairs of blue eyes turned to look at the older woman, her arms full of presents.

“That was a short date,” Haruka remarked brusquely.

“But it looked like you made out very well,” added Michiru with a soft giggle as she slid off her partner’s lap.

“These aren’t all for me,” the guardian of time informed, “and I told you, I was going out on official business. There are presents in here for Hotaru.”

“I thought we all agreed we were going to discuss what we’re each getting Hotaru before we bought any presents.”

“They’re not from me,” Setsuna stated as she carefully sat them down, “her majesty Neo Queen Serenity and her daughter wanted me to give these gifts to Hotaru. I should think they might know not to get her anything we will be giving her. There are presents for us as well.”

“Is it really alright for us to have these presents,” Michiru questions, “since they came from the future?”

Setsuna fell silent. Michiru had a very valid question. After a few moments of contemplation, she began to reply.

“Yes, I’m certain this will have only a minimum impact on the present.”

Haruka and Michiru made their way over and assisted their fellow outer scout with the presents and put them away somewhere they hoped Hotaru would not across. After that, they settled into the living room to have a chat about what the little girl had asked Haruka and Michiru for Christmas.

“No,” the older woman remarked, “Hotaru hasn’t asked me that, but I haven’t gotten around to asking her what she wanted for Christmas yet either.”

“We thought it would be best if you explained to her why that’s not possible,” Haruka informed.

“I see,” Setsuna noted solemnly.

“There’s always adoption,” Michiru remarked, “I’m sure I would have little trouble adopting a child.”

“It still wouldn’t work out,” the oldest of the three women informed, “we have our duties as Sailor Senshi. Adding an innocent child to our family would already complicate our situation.”

“Isn’t it already complicated with Hotaru living with us,” questioned the sea greened haired artist.

“At least she’s one of us,” Haruka interjected, “whether she remembers it or not. That’s why she’s living with us instead of him, isn’t that right, Setsuna?”

“That’s correct,” Setsuna agreed, “part of our duty is to make sure her sailor identity does not awaken again. We are all acutely aware of what the consequences would be.”

“You’re right,” Michiru agreed, “but I still feel bad about it, although I know this is how it has to be. Hotaru must feel rather lonely without anyone closer to her age to play with.”

Sometime after their chat, Michiru decided to step outside for some fresh air. Setsuna had agreed to explain to Hotaru why, without revealing too much, that she could not have a baby brother or sister for Christmas. Haruka stayed inside, but eventually stepped outside as well, and wrapped her arms around Michiru protectively.

“Before you awaked as Sailor Neptune, did you ever think about having a family?”

“Actually, I did,” the graceful young woman replied, “I didn’t want to be a mere homemaker, or live up to all of the expectations of my parents, but I did think that it would be nice to find that special someone, who I truly loved and truly loved me, and it wouldn’t matter if we were as different as fire and snow, we’d live happily ever after even if we didn’t have much money and have a small little family. One or two kids, perhaps. Living with you, Setsuna, and Hotaru, it feels like I’ve been given that very chance to have a family of my own. I guess you could say that helping take care of Hotaru has quenched those maternal instincts I thought I had abandoned when I first became Sailor Neptune.”

Michiru fell silent. That had been a lot to get off her chest. As close as she and Haruka were, that was something she had never revealed to the tomboy. She felt a little embarrassed about it after the fact, but also very relieved.

“What about you, Haruka,” she asked, “before you found out you were Sailor Uranus, had you ever thought about getting married or having a family of your own?”

“No,” answered the blonde bluntly without hesitation, “I never gave either one any thought whatsoever in the slightest. I’d say I was always rather focused on myself and my goals.”

Michiru had a feeling her partner would answer in such a way. Haruka never struck her as the maternal type. Even Hotaru seemed to have intuitively agreed with that sentiment, as she called the short haired woman papa instead of mama.

“But if you wanted to get married,” Haruka teased, “I could make an exception.”

“Oh stop being a tease!”

“I’m serious, if you wanted to get married, I’d be more than willing to….”

“Oh come on,” Michiru said as she interrupted her, “you’re just awful picking on me like this.”

“I really do mean it,” Haruka insisted, “and if I was picking on you, it would only be because I love you.”

That night after supper, Setsuna started taking care of the dishes when Hotaru noticed lights in the sky dancing like fireflies in the summer. Michiru serenely moved to stand next to the small girl whose royal purple eyes reflected gold and silver sparks of light. Haruka, curious as to what her partner and Hotaru were looking at, moved to the window, shortly followed by Setsuna who washed her hands and set the rest of the dishes aside.

“They’re pretty,” the girl remarked.

“It’s a meteor shower,” Setsuna informed.

“Oh look,” exclaimed Michiru softly as she pointed out a twinkling light shooting across the wintery sky, “it’s a shooting star! Hotaru, you should make a wish.”

Hotaru closed her eyes real tight as she thought of a wish. It did not take the girl long to make her wish as she already knew what she wanted. However, whether or not it would really come true, she could only hope, especially after her talk with Setsuna when she got up from her nap.

“This is silly,” remarked Haruka.

“Maybe it is,” Michiru commented, “but it’s nice. There's nothing wrong with some wishful thinking every now and then.”

“Well, whatever, I still think it’s silly. I’m gonna shower.”

With that, the tomboy left and headed for the bathroom to wash up. Hotaru looked up at Michiru and Setsuna, her dark violet eyes looking a little melancholy. The two ladies smiled happily at her.

“Is it really silly?”

“Not if you don’t believe it is,” Setsuna stated as she bent down to pat the girl’s head.

“Wishes can come true,” Michiru added.

“That’s right,” the older female agreed, “but you often have to work hard to make your wishes come true. You have to truly believe in them and strive to make your wish a reality. Those are the wishes that really come true, but you have to work to make them come true, otherwise, all they’ll ever be are just wishes.”

“Un, I understand,” Hotaru spoke.

Setsuna returned to washing the rest of the dishes up, while Michiru remained with Hotaru. The two continued to stare outside the glass up into the sky. It was a beautiful night, and along with the pretty lights, flurries of snowflakes had started to fall, making the cold winter night even more magical. The aquamarine haired woman let out a soft sigh, closing her deep blue eyes as she let her imagination wander. She could see herself in a sea green dress dancing on the snow like a fairy ballerina. A handsome blonde would walk up behind her, and scoop her into her arms, twirl her around, and give her a deep, passionate kiss that would make her toes curl! Naturally, that handsome blonde was a certain tomboy who shared a queen size bed with her in the master bedroom.

Eventually the meteor shower ended and the snow stopped falling. Hotaru was tucked to bed and all four went to sleep and slept soundly. The sky was dark and the light from the stars was hidden away by the clouds. Unseen by the world below, a brilliant and blight silver light suddenly shot through the heavens above, streaking across from the far reaches of the Milky Way and pierced through the window where Haruka and Michiru were sleeping. Early the following morning, Michiru awoke to find the spot next to her in bed empty and cold. Rubbing her blue eyes, she got up to investigate where her partner had gone.

The elegant woman quickly found Haruka inside the master bathroom, knelling over the toilet. The tomboy’s face was pale and sickly, her short blonde hair disheveled, and there were dark bags under her eyes. Her partner quickly knelt beside her, rubbing the masculine woman’s back gently with tender love and care.

“Are you sick,” Michiru inquired concerned for Haruka’s health.

“I’m fine,” the other woman insisted, “last night’s food just didn’t agree with me.”

The blonde flushed the toilet and wiped her mouth with her arm. She washed up and made her way to the kitchen, paying her partner little attention. Michiru frowned. She could tell something was wrong and that Haruka was putting on a tough act so she would not worry, but of course, she could not help but do so. With a heavy sigh, she looked at the time and saw that it was only a quarter past three in the morning. Reluctantly she returned to bed to get some sleep, thinking that her partner would be joining her back in bed soon.

Come breakfast time, Haruka seemed to be feeling much better. The color had returned to her face and she had a healthy appetite. Perhaps, Michiru thought, maybe it was just a case of last night’s dinner not agreeing with the thrill seeking tomboy. Yet, she could not help but sense that something was different about the blonde and that something was off. As she watched Haruka eat, she noticed that she was eating a lot more than usual. The teal haired woman shook it off, thinking it nothing more than her partner trying to replace the nutrients she had lost to the toilet early that morning.

That afternoon, the four of them ate at a local café after another window shopping trip. Haruka ordered a larger meal than usual and even then she pilfered some food off Michiru’s plate. Michiru had no qualms sharing with her partner, but her partner’s appetite was oddly suspicious.

“Haruka-papa’s nipples are poking out,” Hotaru commented abruptly.

Setsuna immediately turned her head and averted her eyes away from the blonde. Michiru flushed a brilliant crimson as she noticed that, even through Haruka’s coat, there was an impression of nipples which could clearly be seen showing through. She instinctively raised her arm up and covered that part of her partner’s chest, Haruka seeming unaware of any problem as she continued to eat.

“Haruka,” Setsuna spoke still averting her gaze, “did you forget to put on ahem…a bra?”

“What,” the blonde asked with her mouth partially full, “no, I didn’t. I’m not wearing one. Why?”

“Haruka doesn’t like bras,” Michiru discretely explained.

“The straps annoy me like hell,” Haruka added, “and the strapless ones are just uncomfortable. I prefer to just wear a binder.”

After lunch, the group split up. Setsuna took Hotaru shopping for presents for Haruka and Michiru, while they went bra shopping for Haruka. The tomboy was naturally resistant to the idea of her partner buying her a bra and having to wear it, the blonde angrily conceded to the purchase when she got sick and tired of all the men passing by staring at her chest.

Haruka tossed bras over the changing room door at Vikki’s Secret to Michiru. Most of the bras the aquamarine haired woman picked out for her, she complained were too small or too tight. After several bras being indiscriminately tossed out, Michiru crawled under the door with one final pair for her partner to try.

“When did your breasts get so large,” the refined young woman remarked, “they’re so much bigger than they were this morning.”

“Don’t remind me,” Haruka complained as she tried on the last bra, “they’re killing my back too. I wonder if I’m having some sort of allergic reaction to something.”

“Could you transform into Sailor Uranus for a minute,” Michiru whispered, “I want to see something.”

Haruka complied with her partner’s request. Almost immediately the civilian form of Sailor Neptune brought her hand to her nose, a trail of blood trickling forth from Michiru’s nostrils. Her partner’s sailor fuku uniform appeared almost so tight it was suffocating on Uranus’s chest, the blonde quickly reverting back to her alter ego upon seeing how fat and heavy chested she looked transformed.

The pair finished shopping at Vikki’s Secret, Haruka feeling tired and agitated. As the two walked along the chilly Tokyo streets, Michiru contemplated taking the tomboy to see a doctor. Of course, the other would resist the idea and likely insist she was just fine like she had that morning. However, that soon was no longer an option the blonde could afford as she abruptly lost consciousness.

Haruka woke up in the waiting room. Fortunately for Michiru, they were near Crown Arcade when Haruka had passed out and Motoki was free to help take her to the local clinic. It was crowded and the refined young woman felt uncomfortable in such confined quarters with so many sick people, but there was something obviously wrong with her partner. Her eyes had filled up with tears at the thought that the person she cared for most in the world might be seriously ill. She did not want to think about a world without Haruka in it.

“Where am I,” the blonde remarked upon waking up, “and how did I get here?”

“Thank heavens you’re awake,” Michiru quietly exclaimed with relief, “we’re at a clinic waiting for a doctor to see you. You blacked out earlier and fortunately the nice gentleman at the arcade helped me bring you here.”

“Well, I’m fine and awake, so we can go now.”

“Go? You’re sick Haruka.”

“I’m fine,” the tomboy adamantly insisted standing up with a bit of a wobble, “I’m just tired is all. Let’s head home and I’ll take a nap.”

Just then, a nurse called her name. Haruka refused to go and Michiru had to get some assistance to drag the stubborn tomboy to see the doctor. After their visit, the two headed out to meet up with Setsuna and Hotaru, but the usually close pair walked apart from one another and blatantly refused to make eye contact, choosing to walk with their heads turned away from one another. A silent animosity was apparent to everyone around them, who went out of their way to avoid approaching the couple.

Setsuna was immediately concerned by their bizarre behavior. Michiru had called her after they arrived at the clinic to let her know what had happened to Haruka shortly after they had left Vikki’s Secret. Little Hotaru was upset by how her parents seemed to be acting and voiced her concern.

“Haruka-papa,” she spoke with watery eyes, “Michiru-mama, what’s wrong? Why are you not looking at each other?”

“Haruka knows why,” Michiru bitterly replied.

“And I told you,” barked the short haired blonde, “he’s wrong! Clearly he got his medical degree from a cereal box!”

Whatever had happened at the clinic was clearly a very touchy subject. Hotaru clung tightly to her Setsuna-mama on the verge of tears as the subtle animosity between Michiru and Haruka permeated the air like a thick and poisonous fog. The older woman decided this was not a conversation they should be having in front of Hotaru, who was all but crying as she buried her face against the guardian of time. Instead, she suggested that they head home as it was getting cold and Hotaru did not need to be getting sick so close to Christmas.

That night, after Michiru put Hotaru to bed, Setsuna pulled her and Haruka aside to talk in private. It was a tense conversation and the couple clearly had not reconciled after what had happened at the clinic. It was a complicated ordeal and not as simple as Haruka insisting she was fine and simply refusing to see the doctor.

“Michiru knows I’m not interested in men,” Haruka stated plainly, “and I’d never cheat on her!”

“Then explain how come you’re pregnant,” Michiru demanded holding back tears.

“It’s a mistake,” the blonde insisted, “like I said, the doctor was wrong and there’s no way I’d ever cheat on you, not with a man, or even a woman. There’s no possible way I could ever be pregnant!”

Wordlessly, Setsuna reached over to touch the tomboy’s stomach, which was poking out slightly from her sweater. Haruka angrily swatted her away then stormed off to the kitchen to fix herself a snack. The older woman briefly watched her leave then turned to look at Michiru.

“She’s not lying,” she informed Michiru, “but she is pregnant.”

“How is that even possible? If she didn’t cheat, then how could she be pregnant?”

Setsuna was silent.

“Perhaps that wasn’t an ordinary shooting star,” she stated after thinking it over.

“You think this might have something to do with Hotaru’s wish,” wondered Michiru.

“I don’t know,” Setsuna stated frankly, “I wish I had an idea of what’s really happening. I’ve never encountered anything like this before during my duties.”

“It doesn’t feel like yooma are involved,” Haruka’s partner remarked, “but it is definitely something unnatural. If this is due to Hotaru’s wish, I don’t understand why Haruka would be pregnant instead of me…or even you.”

“I agree. Everything about this situation seems rather strange. We’ll just have to wait and see what happens.”

A few days later Haruka locked herself in the master bathroom, refusing to come out and stating she was never leaving that room every again. The tomboy was visibly pregnant and complaining she was as fat as a semi-truck. Michiru tried to talk her down, but Haruka gradually grew hysterical and could not be reasoned with. Hotaru was confused by what was going on, but she wanted to help.

“Haruka-papa,” the purpled eyed little girl spoke sadly, “what’s wrong? Why you all locked away? Are you scared? Or are you sad?”

Hearing Hotaru’s sorrowful voice calmed the masculine woman down. She felt bad about making the little girl worry and with some hesitation, unlocked the bathroom door then stepped out. Haruka knelt down to look the dark haired girl in the eyes, but bending was too painful on her back, so instead she walked over to her and Michiru’s bed and sat down, motioning for Hotaru to follow.

“Well,” Haruka began, “apparently I’m going to have a baby.”

Those were words the tomboy never imagined she would hear herself say, not even after a million years. It was all very awkward for her and Haruka felt uncomfortable about the situation, but as this pregnancy was clearly something supernatural, there was little she could do about it at the present moment.

Hotaru’s eyes lit up with joy, an excited smile appearing on her chubby little face. The young girl was clearly excited about this, even though it seemed weird for her papa to be having a baby and not one of her mamas. Regardless, she was excited and looking forward to a baby brother or sister for Christmas to play with.

It was the night before the night before Christmas and Haruka woke up suddenly. The blonde turned over to look at Michiru who, sensing a disturbance, started to wake up as well. The sheets were wet where Haruka was laying, and the masculine woman soon winced in pain.

“Dammit,” she swore, “the baby’s coming!”

Michiru hastily climbed out of their bed and went to get Setsuna. A hospital would have been better equipped to handle Haruka’s delivery, but was not plausible for a couple of reasons. One was what might happen if her child was indeed some sort of yooma or yooma-like creature that had attached itself to the senshi’s womb and was feeding off her energy until it was ready to unleash its terror upon the world. The other, even more important reason, was that the by the time the two women made their way into the master bedroom, Haruka was already giving birth.

The loud noises Haruka had made giving birth had caused Hotaru to wake up. Curious, the little girl made her way to the couple’s room just in time to hear the crying of a newborn. The blonde was terrified and too tired to take the baby boy from Setsuna’s arms, so the older woman handed him to Michiru instead. The teal haired female was beaming with maternal joy as looked at the infant lovingly.

“He doesn’t look anything like Haruka though,” she remarked.

“Is that my younger sibling,” Hotaru queried curiously.

“Yes he is,” Michiru answered softly and presented the dark haired infant to his older sister to see, “look, he’s got the same hair as you.”

“He does, doesn’t he,” Hotaru agreed with a giggle, “Michiru-mama, can I hold him?”

“Sure, but be very careful with him. Make sure to support his neck,” Michiru informed as she carefully handed him over to the dark haired girl.

Hotaru held him very carefully, making sure to support the baby boy’s neck as she had been instructed. Her face seemed to gleam with a happiness that spread to the other three women’s faces. Hotaru’s Christmas wish had come true and although the baby boy seemed ordinary, Michiru could not help, but since he was anything except ordinary.

“I’m going to call you Hachi,” Hotaru spoke.

“That’s an unusual name for a boy,” Haruka tiredly noted.

“I think it’s a cute name,” Michiru stated.

“He looks like a Hachi to me,” the little girl remarked.

Setsuna looked over to Haruka and asked, “Do you have a name in mind for him?”

The blonde young mother shook her head then said, “Hachi works for me, I don’t really care. He’s Hotaru’s baby brother, so I think she’s got the right to name him.”

Setsuna took baby Hachi from Hotaru to put him in the girl’s old crib she had the forethought to save in case Hotaru’s age ever reverted back to an infant. The crib was in her room so she could look after him so Haruka could get some much deserved rest. Michiru tucked Hotaru in bed and kissed her forehead before wishing her good night. The content little girl let out a happy yawn before quickly falling fast asleep.

Before returning to her and Haruka’s room, Michiru popped in on Setsuna to see how Haruka’s son was settling in to his new home. Setsuna was standing over the newborn boy, who had black hair and dark gray eyes. The older woman brushed his dark bangs aside and nonchalantly flicked his forehead causing him to cry. Michiru ran over to the crib defensively as she snatched the baby away from Setsuna’s reach. She was about to reprimand the woman when she noticed a glowing silver mark resembling the number eight on its side appear on his forehead. The infant soon stopped crying, but acted a little fussy, squirming in Michiru’s grasp. The younger woman set him back down in the crib, looking at Setsuna with a quizzing look, unsure of what to make of that strange symbol which was already fading away.

“What do you make of this,” she whispered to Setsuna.

“I’m not sure,” the older woman replied, “this mark is familiar to me. I saw it once a very long time ago, but I don’t understand why it’s appearing again now. I had a feeling there would be a reaction when I flicked his forehead, but I didn’t expect to see this.”

“Any idea of what it represents?”

“Infinity,” Setsuna answered, “but you recognize the mark from school of course, but this symbol actually has a different sort of significance than that. It was once known as Eternity’s Emblem a very long time ago….”

The guardian of time trailed off, her mind lost in thought. She muttered something about the baby’s appearance looking like someone she once knew, but she declined to discuss the matter further. Setsuna recommended that Michiru go back to her room and look after Haruka, and that to get some sleep herself. The older woman watched Hachi for a few hours as he slept, then turned in to her bed to sleep as well.

When morning came, Setsuna awoken to discover that Hachi was not inside of the crib. She immediately rushed to Haruka and Michiru’s room to see if he was there with them. They had not seen the infant since last night and hurriedly went to assist Setsuna in the search for the missing newborn. The three soon found him in Hotaru’s room playing, the baby boy no longer a newborn but a happy little toddler of approximately two years old. Hotaru seemed little concerned with her younger brother’s sudden jump in age, and her three guardians, although concerned, were not too surprised he had aged so quickly overnight given how swiftly Haruka’s pregnancy had progressed. Still, Hachi’s existence was a mystery to them.

By the time Christmas morning had arrived, Hachi was older than his big sister. Whereas Hotaru appeared to be around four to six years old, he looked to be closer to twelve or thirteen years old. Even though he was now older than her, the reborn little girl seemed to be fine with a big brother. Hotaru was happy to have someone closer to her age to play with, and she was very fond of Hachi. Likewise, he was very fond of her and protective over her as well.

Since Hachi’s arrival into their family was abrupt and unexpected, there were very few presents for him, but he was fine with that. Hotaru offered to share all of her presents with his, and the gray eyed adolescent seemed fine with that, enjoying playing with his sister more than all the toys and presents in the entire universe!

One of Hotaru’s presents, which had been given to Setsuna by Chibi Usa to give to Hotaru, looked like Small Lady’s Luna P. Setsuna was a little concerned about that, but as it turned out, it was an ordinary bouncy ball that resembled the future princess’s beloved toy. Apparently the pink haired girl thought that Hotaru would enjoy it, and she was right.

Once all the presents were unwrapped and everything that was not being currently used, stored away, Hotaru and her brother Hachi took her ball and decided to go out and play while their three parents started working on Christmas dinner. Occasionally one of the three would pop by a window to see how they were doing, and seeing them laughing and playing in the snow, resumed working in the kitchen.

Hachi bounced Hotaru’s ball back to her, the young girl caught it, but it slipped out of her hands and started rolling into the street. Hotaru immediately chased after it, unaware of a zig zagging car zooming dangerously down the road head right for her. It was at that moment Setsuna had left the kitchen to check up on the two children from the window. The guardian of time was powerless to stop the oncoming car, even though she did possess the power to stop time. She watched in horror as the vehicle should have struck Hotaru. Hachi had ran after his sister when he saw her chasing her ball in the street. His dark gray eyes caught sight of the oncoming vehicle and at the moment of impact, there was a sudden and brilliant flash of light which caused the car to swerve and wreck into a street lamp.

Hachi held Hotaru bridal style in his arms, the pair having narrowly escaped a grisly vehicular death. However, who had been a boy just seconds ago was now a young man approximately Setsuna’s age, and stood taller than even Haruka. Hachi’s clothes had changed to match his current form, something that had not occurred in any of his previous growth spurts. He was dressed in a formal black uniform, with silver boots and on his shirt was the same silver symbol that had appeared on his forehead the night of his birth.

Michiru and Haruka wrapped up what they were doing and went to the window after noticing Setsuna was standing there for a while staring outside. The other two women stared in awe along the older female as they saw the aftermath of the accident.

The man, clearly drunk, exited the vehicle angrily and shook his fists at Hachi.

“Watch where er goin punks!”

Hachi sat Hotaru down on the ground, turned her away and covered her ears with his hands. Pitch black, feathery wings sprouted from his back as his eyes turned to a more dazzling silver.

“Silence,” the silver eyed male ordered in a serious and strict tone, “I highly recommend you take your pathetic drunk hide and move very far away from here as quickly as you can, call yourself a cab home, and we’ll call for a tow truck to take away your car at the earliest convenience and drag it to the impound, otherwise, I will PERSONALLY drag you all the way down to the Underworld and WATCH as vulture’s strip the flesh clean off your body, all manner of creepy crawly critters slowly gnaw away your tissues, muscles, and organs, and when your bones have been picked meticulously clean, sit back, eat some popcorn as stone wheels roll up and down your skeleton until all that remains of you is a thin, fine, white powder, then rinse and repeat; rinse and repeat.”

The man snapped his fingers, Hotaru’s pupils disappearing from her eyes the moment he did. Hachi removed his hands from her ears and raised his left hand into the air. Immediately an intimidating scythe resembling that of a Grim Reaper fell down from the heavens. He took it firmly into his hand, gripped it along with his right hand, then pointed it intimidatingly at the drunk. His silver eyes, dark attire, nightmare black wings, and demonic looking polearm sent the message home and the driver clumsily ran away from the male as fast as he could. Once he was gone, Hachi’s weapons and wings faded into the wind, becoming nothing more than a bad dream. His appearance immediately softened, silver eyes returning to a dark gray, and his clothes transformed into something more ordinary. Silver boots that had purple stones turned into white winter boots with a fur trim. Denim jeans appeared on his legs and his torso was covered by a warm black sweater with an embroidered design of snowflakes in silver accented with blue and lavender glitter.

Hotaru’s eyes returned to normal as Hachi immediately scooped her back into his arms. The young man looked down at her with a smile.

“Are you uninjured, Hotaru-hime?”

“Yes,” she replied weakly, “I think so. Thank you nii-chan.”

Hachi shook his head and smiled.

“No need to thank me. It’s my job to keep you safe,” he replied as he carried her inside.

The three women met the two at the door, and Hachi could tell that not even one of them was happy to see him. He put Hotaru down on the ground and patted the top of her head affectionately. Gray eyes darted from Haruka and Michiru, but he purposely avoided looking in Setsuna’s direction, an awkward laugh escaping his roughly twenty year old lips.

They all wanted to say something, he could tell, but with Hotaru around, it was a silent stalemate. Hachi had the feeling that Haruka wanted to blurt out some harsh words regardless, but he decided to not give the blonde a chance.

“Ah! I forgot her ball! Hotaru-hime, please excuse me while I fetch it for you.”

The young man hurried off to get the girl’s toy, narrowly missing his arm being grabbed by Haruka. Once he returned with the ball, he promptly returned it to his sister. This gave the women an excuse to dismiss Hotaru as they told her to put her ball away in her room. Hachi was aware that this would happen, and he understood that all three of them needed to talk. He would have preferred avoiding any confrontation or conversation with Setsuna, but he had no qualms talking about what had just happened to Michiru or Haruka.

“Who are you,” Haruka demanded.

“I’m your son Hachi, Haruka-papa,” he answered.

“Don’t lie to us,” Michiru spoke employing her tone as she would in her senshi form, “who are you really?”

“Eien,” spoke Setsuna, “or should I say, Eternity, drop the act. They’re also sailor soldiers.”

The dark haired male reluctantly turned his head towards the woman who had spoken a name he had not heard himself called by in nearly a thousand years. Setsuna recognized who he truly was, which raised even more questions for the other two. Eien covered his mouth with his right hand and let out an awkward cough as he sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck with his left hand and eyes closed.

“That may be so,” he replied, “but they’re still my Haruka-papa and Michiru-mama, Setsuna-ba.”

“You know him,” Haruka asked.

“I do. He’s Eien, also known as Eternity.”

“Plu-san, I can introduce myself, shesh, don’t steal away my thunder.”

The conversation came to a stop when Hotaru returned. Setsuna took the opportunity to ask Hotaru help her set the table in the kitchen. Once the two left, Haruka and Michiru escorted the male outside to continue their discussion.

Eien explained that he too had lived during the Silver Millennium and that he was a knight sworn to serve Saturn’s princess. He and Sailor Pluto had some history together, but even under threat by Haruka, he refused to say any more on the subject than that. He explained that as far as he knew, Hotaru had summoned him there, and prior to that, he had existed in a state of limbo, neither dead, nor alive.

“And why didn’t you chose Michiru or Setsuna to give birth to you,” the tomboy asked.

“Plu-san? No way,” he blurted out, “that would just be…really awkward, and…it wasn’t like I got to pick who gave birth to me. Besides, after today, neither one of you will remember I was ever even here.”

“You can do that,” Michiru wondered.

“As a matter of fact, I can. I can’t blank out your minds and turn them into an empty slate, but I can erase a selection of memories from a short period of time,” he explained, “but it won’t work on Setsuna-ba. Ha! If I could erase her memories, I would have done that very long time ago!”

Eien snapped his fingers. Michiru and Haruka’s pupils temporarily disappeared as Eternity erased their memories of what they saw earlier that made them suspicious of him, as well the conversation they had. Their eyes quickly returned to normal and the pair seemed momentarily confused as to why they were standing outside with Hachi.

“Haruka-papa, Michiru-mama,” he spoke sweetly, “we should probably head back inside. I think Hotaru and Setsuna-ba have finished setting the table.”

Michiru shook her head. She had the strangest feeling she had forgotten something important, but was unable to put her finger on as to what that was. The two women and the young man went inside and joined Setsuna and Hotaru for dinner. Come bed time, Hachi offered to tuck Hotaru into bed, an idea to which the eldest woman agreed. Michiru was concerned about where Hachi was going to sleep that night since he had grown so much that they no longer had a bed comfortable enough for him to sleep in. Setsuna offered to share her bed with him, to which he immediately insisted that he had always wanted to sleep on the living room couch for as long as he could remember and that it would be perfectly fine for him if he did.

Once everyone except for himself and Setsuna was asleep, he snapped his fingers three times.

“You erased their memories, didn’t you,” the guardian of time inquired.

“Yes,” Eternity answered, “I did. Only from their minds. My power has no effect on the memories locked away in their hearts.”

“You’re leaving?”

“Well, I was only here until Christmas. I wouldn’t mind staying with Hotaru-hime longer, but her wish is about to expire. If she ever needs me again, I’m sure to return, but this time, nobody should have to worry about giving birth to me!”

Eien let out a laugh, dark gray eyes looking towards a grandfather clock.

“How you ever managed to become a knight, I’ll never know,” Setsuna stated shaking her head.

“Well, early is better than late, so, yeah, I’m just going to walk out now. Later!”

With that, the knight known as Eternity bolted to the door, pausing briefly to stick his tongue out at the guardian of time before dissipating through the door and disappearing altogether. Whether or not he really would return, only time could tell. The woman he had left behind sighed, then turned in for the night. If she ever saw him again, Setsuna swore she would give him the hard slap in the face he deserved from over a thousand years ago.

Questionable Warlord

User Image
Username: TwistedGothicAngel
Short Story: Saving Christmas!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Saving Christmas!

(When I entered my TekTek Sailor Christmas I had to write a short paragraph about her and well it turned into much more lol I wanted a lot more dialogue and such but this was already looking like a book so maybe I'll post a fuller version on a fanfiction sight or something!)

Back in the Silver Millenium there lived five Lesser Sailor Scouts, Sailor Harvest Moon, Sailor Bunny, Sailor Eros, Sailor Christmas Star, and Sailor Rose, whose powers were great but without anything to protect they felt useless. One day Queen Serenity called court with the five sailors to give them a task of there own, and told them of five artifacts of the human world that controlled the joy of their holidays. The girls grew excited as they were assigned their items till it came to Sailor Rose. She was angry at the Queen for giving her such a menial task and for the humans none the less! She left wanting nothing more to do with this vowing to return to become Queen herself, and she flew off into the cosmos. The remaining four wished to go after her but the Queen insisted that they take their places. Sailor Eros Guarded The Golden Heart of Valentine, Sailor Bunny Protected the Silver Bunny of Easter, Sailor Harvest Moon watched The Bronze Pumpkin of Halloween, but unlike the others Sailor Christmas Star was charged with taking care of The Fir Tree of Christmas. While she wished to protect something of more value she was happy just the same, and even began hanging lovely ornaments that she made from its branches, with her love and tending to the tree it grew beautifully; Unlike The Ruby Rose that Sailor Rose was to guard that turned black and died.

When the Moon Kingdom fell the four Sailors held there post on earth knowing that one day their new Queen would someday awaken. A millenium seemed to pass as they kept watch and when Neo Queen Serenity awoke they knew their job was just as important as ever! Till the day the tree began to die, and with it the Christmas Spirit.

Usagi, Rei , Ami, Makoto, and Minako where all out doing some last minute Christmas shopping. Rei, Ami, and Makoto had all of their shopping done already but couldn't resist watching the two blondes dart around in and out of shops looking for the perfect gift. The Girls walked into a bookstore so Minako could buy something she had seen in the window. Everyone split up and began looking around the store. Minako rush away so that they could not see anything that she might be getting for them. Usagi on the other hand was having trouble finding a great present for Mamoru. He was always so great at giving her gifts, but the only thing she could think to get him was books. Lost in thought she wasn't paying attention where she was going ;THUMP; she fell back on her butt.

"Some things never change" came a deep voice above her. Looking up she saw Haruka smirking above her. Grabbing her hand she swiftly pulled her back up to her feet "I suppose once a ditz always a ditz, and no title can fix that."

"Now, Haruka thats a bit harsh isn't it?" Came a voice behind her as Michiru came into view . "How are you Usagi?"

"Haruka! Michiru! I'm good just doing some Christmas shopping with the girls!" She said with a smile. It had been almost a year since Usagi had seen them. After the final battle with Sailor Galaxia life had returned to normal and with no threats Michiru, Haruka, Hotaru, and Setsuna had left to go to england. "What brings you guys back to Tokyo?"

Before they could answer they were spotted by Rei and Makoto. Rushing over to their friends they began asking questions about the places the went and foods they got to eat! The small talk was going nowhere and Usagi still didn't have her answer. She saw Ami was down the alley with her nose in a book so she called to her. Ami looked up at her friend seeing who was with her she decided to walk over and say hello. Minako was the last to join the group after she had made her purchases.

"So you guys never did say why you were here?" Usagi asked again.

"Setsuna got a call one day and said it was urgent that we come back at once." Haruka said "She left as soon as we got here so we thought we would walk around, and Michiru wanted to see the Christmas decorations in the shop windows."

"I have always loved this time of year, but this year feels off for some reason" Stated Michiru as she looked over at Rei. "Have you felt it too?"

"Yea, something is just not right its like the joy is slowly being sucked right out of the air." Rei then turned her attention over to two men who had started to bicker over some book.

"AHHHHHHHHHHH" Came a Woman's scream from outside. The girls all dashed out the door of the store to see what had happened. The sight they encountered was horrific as black thorns jutted out of the street, and black thorny vines crawled up buildings entrapping cars and people in the way. Everyone was in a panic running away from the horrible weeds. They just stood there as the streets empted. Quickly they all changed into their sailor scout forms to combat the unseen enemy. The people trapped in the vines were unconscious, Sailor Mercury using her minnie computer deduced that there seems to be some sort of poison on the tips of the thorns that would put them to sleep if they scratch you.

Carefully running towards the middle of town where the evil plants seemed to be coming from. They found what appeared to be a giant black rose bud that slowly opened. In the center was was a woman dressed in an all black Sailor uniform with Neon pink hair and her eyes were so dark that even the darkest night envied there blackness. She stood there looking at the little girls before her knowing they had no chance to match her power.

"Princess Serenity! I thought it would take longer to find you but you instead found me!" The unknown Sailor started walking towards Sailor Moon. "By the look on your face it is clear that you don't remember me! After all you were still just a child!"

"I... I don't know you at all! Why are you doing these things! You have to stop your hurting people!" Shouted Sailor Moon

"Oh! Like your mother hurt me! I am an amazing Sailor Scout whose powers were being wasted sitting around!" Each word was a step closer to Usagi till she was right in front of her she grabbed her by the neck lifting the smaller girl into the air! She grabbed Sailor Moon's broach and tried to pull it off of her chest as she continued! "I knew that soon the Queen would choose who would protect the young princess and thought for sure I would be on of the next Queen's court, but NO weeks before hand she chooses me for some stupid Guardian duty protecting an object that never needed protection before hand!"

"MARS SNAKE FIRE!" A snake of fire shot towards both of them forcing them to separate as the woman jumped backwards. The others were trying to destroy the vines that were now closing in for an attack! Nothing seemed to work against the monstrous plant, but they still had to try! Even Sailor Uranus's sword seemed dull to the vines! Sailor Jupiter was the first to drop as a vine wrapped its poisonous thorns around her ankle!

"VENUS LOVE-ME CHAIN!" Working to uselessly cut the vines with her chain she was shoved back into a wall of thorns and knocked out cold! Neptune was caught off guard when a vine wrapped around her wrist causing her to instantly pass out before tossing her off to the side!

"Neptune!" Yelled Sailor Uranus as she dashed over to catch her in her arms before laying her gently on the ground "You will pay for that! SPACE SWORD BUSTER!"

Her direct attack on the unknown woman was stopped by a shield of thorns that shot out of the ground!

"When will you see that your pathetic powers are no match for me! I suggest you hand over your crystal before you lose more of your precious friends! Unlike you and your pathetic mother I have the power to rule better then you ever will!" Rushing back up to her she looked deep into her eyes! "Then I guess I'll have to get you where it really hurts! MEMORY SYNCHRONIZATION!"

Usagi's memories began to flashed before the woman. She saw Mamoru and Chibiusa as a smirk grew on her face if she couldn't threaten her with her friends she could get her with her family!

"SHURIKEN STARS!" Came a voice from behind them as hundreds of golden stars shot out planting themselves into the weeds before exploding! When the dust cleared the once impenetrable vines laid in a heap! Looking back at where the attack came from there stood two sailors! Sailor Pluto stood next to another unknown woman. She was dressed in an sailor outfit that was green and red with long ceremonial sleeves like what you would see on a Miko. Green hair was pulled up in to two buns on the side of her head with red bangs. In one of her hands was al long golden staff and the golden star on her chest shown brightly! "Sailor Rose! Stop this maddness!"

"Long time no see Sailor Christmas Star! Shouldn't you be off somewhere tending to a tree or something, and I am no longer Sailor Rose I am Sailor Black Rose!" She snarled as she directed all of her attention on the new sailor.

"PUMPKIN VINE ENTANGLE!" Came another voice from up on the building. Looking up there stood three more unknown scouts! Jumping down to join their other companion they looked straight at her as she slightly backed away. The one who had ensnared the vines finally spoke after a moment "I would have expected more from my little sister! How could you so callously turn your back on your Queen! You were always so selfish growing up how could I have been so blind to the evil that was hiding behind your selfishness!"

"YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT!" Screamed Sailor Rose on the top of her lungs as she forced more vines to rise up before making her escape! The vines began to slowly disappear after she left, and the others started to slowly wake. After helping their fellow scouts up they made their way over to Sailor Pluto who introduced them as old friends from when she guarded Space and Time! Then one by one they introduce themselves.

"I am Sailor Bunny!" Said the smallest in the group she looked like a small child with short light blonde hair that was covered by a pink bunny hood and bright turquoise eyes. Her outfit was light pink, blue, and green; it looked like theirs with an added hood. "The guardian of Easter and all the happiness it brings!"

"I am Sailor Eros!" Chimed in the next girl who had a striking resemblance to Sailor Venus with long blonde hair and beautiful blue eyes! Some might even say she was an older Venus. Her outfit was pink and red with little hearts adorning it. "The guardian of Valentines and the true love in peoples hearts!"

"I am Sailor Christmas Star the guardian of Christmas and all the joy and good tidings!"

"I am Sailor Harvest Moon" By the tone of her voice you could tell she was the leader. She had long pink hair and black eyes like her sister and her outfit was black and orange with a crescent moon on her chest. " The guardian of Halloween and the cheer of children! I'm deeply sorry for my sister and the mess she has made."

Sailor Harvest moon went on to explain how she and her sister were distant relatives of the royal family and how Sailor Rose had always wanted more. With everyone caught up they just had to figure out what her next move was. That was when Sailor Moon fell to her knees she knew her next target or better yet targets!

"Mamo-chan! Chibiusa! She might go after my family if I don't give her the crystal!" Sailor Moon began to panic as she knelt on the floor till Sailor Uranus picked her up and slapped her saying something along the lines of pull yourself together! Usagi quickly pulled out her cell and called Mamo-chan her heart raced as she waited for him to answer taking a sigh of relief when he did. He was out with Chibiusa and Hotaru buying some presents for the girls. That was when she heard the commotion in the background then hearing them scream as Mamo-chan stopped talking.

"I found them!" Said Sailor Black Rose over the phone "Come to where I was to be forever trapped if you want to see them again and thanks for helping me find them!"

"She has them!" She cried as she threw her phone! "She said to meet her where she was to be "forever trapped" if I want to get them back!"

The four scouts of the Holidays looked at each other knowing all too well what she meant. Sailor Harvest Moon gave Christmas a nod and she began twirling her staff rapidly till a portal opened up. Everyone rushed through and were standing in a large room with six doors. The largest door looked like the door Sailor Pluto guarded and she explained that it was not the same door but merely a portal to the realm she had once protected. The other doors resembled the holidays and would take you to where they protected their artifacts. This was a plain where they could see each other without abandoning their post. The last door was over runned with vines and the once beautifully engraved rose was faded with cracks. Sailor Mars used her fire to burn the vines before pushing it open.

Inside was a grand hall that must have at one point been magnificent but was now overrun with black rose vines. In the center was a single black rose of stone that layed on the floor. Then the door slammed behind them and thorns prevented them from getting back there! Sailor Black Rose appeared with Mamo-chan, Chibiusa, and Hotaru! They were tied up in her vines with the sleeping toxin coursing through them!

"I wonder how much of my poison they can take before it kills them" As she knelt down taking Mamoru's chin in her hand and pulling his face up to hers before letting it drop back down. "Pity for such a handsome man to die like this!"

"Please just let them go!" Tears began to pour at the thought of losing them! One of her tears fell onto her broach as it began to glow turning her into Neo Queen Serenity. Holding the silver crystal out she had started to heal her. Then right before being sucked into a bright light she turned to the Holiday Scouts with one last warning!

"Why do you think I wanted all of you to leave your post?" Then she and Neo Queen Serenity disappeared. Inside the light Sailor Black Rose stood in front of the Neo Queen. Still boiling with rage she tried to attack but was overpowered by her Queen.

"You don't want to hurt me remember. You wanted to protect me and keep me safe."

"NO! I never wanted that! I just wanted to be Queen and you're in the way of that!"

"You think I forgot but it is you who has forgotten!" Shining the crystal on her brought back memories of her above baby Serenity crib telling her that she would always protect her. This also brought back times of training with her sister and wanting nothing more than to become stronger to protect the princess! With that the evil left her heart as she was reborn a small baby. Taking the infant in her arms she left and returned to everyone.

Mamoru and the others had been freed and half of the other scouts had left to see what she had done to the Artifacts! Returning to Sailor Moon she took the child and the rose on the floor that had turned back into a red ruby and left with everyone else. The door they had entered disappeared after leaving it. Most of the Scouts were already back in the main room having save their Artifacts. Sailor Moon crossed the hall and place the baby into Sailor Harvest Moon's arms.

"She will need you now more than ever." She stated before seeing what was going on. Everyone was there except for Christmas and Mercury who were still not back. So they decided to follow them.

Upon entering the frozen hall they saw a large tree in the middle that looked like it was dead and Christmas on her knees crying with Mercury trying to console her. When asked she told them about how the tree had been slowly dieing for years taking the joy of Christmas with it. She had seeked Pluto's help to stop the time around it but now it was dead the poison from the vines was too much for it.

"Please Sailor Moon Heal it!" She said as she crawled over to her begging her to do something! Sailor Moon was weakened by her encounter with Rose but she had to give it a try. Holding out her broach she shined the crystals light on the tree, but sadly nothing. "I have to save it no matter what the cost!"

Knowing the importance of her task she stood up as the star on her chest grew brighter so did the star on the top of the tree! "I will fuse my life force with the tree to bring it back!"

"NO!" Shouted everyone in unison knowing she would become one with the tree but it was too late she was gone and the tree had come back to life. The Holiday Sailors stood there crying at the lose of their good friend before making there way to the main hall.

"What will we do now? Who will make sure the tree doesn't die of neglect like the rose" Asked Eros

"We will keep guarding our artifacts and when she is old enough Rose shall take her place. It seems only right that she protect the life that she stole." Commanded Sailor Harvest Moon and with that in mind they said goodbye to their new friends.

When they returned home they went to Makoto's place to relax and eat the millions of cookies that she always had around this time of year. After catching up with her friends Usagi wanted nothing more than to go home and sleep and Mamoru decided to take her home. While Chibiusa wanted to stay the night at Hotaru's. They said their goodbyes and left the party.

Upon reaching her house Mamoru walked her up to the door.

"I wonder if we'll ever have a normal life." Said Usagi as she stared up at Mamo-chan

"Normal is overrated and I love you as abnormal as you get!"

"Oh!" She said as she reached into her pocket and pulled out the Ruby Rose looking at the beautiful treasure and thinking about all her new friends. "Here! Merry Christmas"

Snow began to lightly fall as Mamoru took the rose from her hand before pulling her close for a goodnight kiss! "Merry Christmas! I love you!"

"I love you too!"

Questionable Warlord

User Image

Username: Count Ceil
Short story: A Question of Snow

________________________________________________________________________________________________

A Question of Snow

Once Apon a Time..
In a Place where time has stopped...
There Live a Girl With her 2 Brother's and her friend's..

To them this Place was not strange.. it never changed and they aged..
The Girl Has Been there as long as she remembers...

But one day She came across... to what appear's to be a snow globe..with something shiny embedded into it " what is this?" she asked her self as she picked ..but while she picked it up she was surrounded by a bright light and the next thing she new she saw black...when everything went black she heard voice's "i wonder what happened?"" I don't know first we sensed something and then we found her.""is she alive?" said the the last voice while poking her which made her eyes open suddenly and making the one who poked her squeak.."eh..sorry you where just laying there in the cold and didn't know if you where alive" a blonde Pigtail hair girl said making her friends and the girl look at her strange. " i apologize we are being rude. My Name is Michiru Kaiou (Sailor Neptune) and these are my friend's Hotaru Tomoe (Sailor Uranus) and Usagi Tsukino (Sailor Moon) and you are?" the Sea green haired girl now known Michiru.said to her " My Name Is Elli" she said to them after staying quite for a moment.." Elli why where you passed out on the Ground? normally you don't see many people laying in the freezing snow"Hotaru asked making elli tilt her head" I don't know one moment i picked up a strange object then it was bright then darkness" she said and paused and

thought about the last thing haruka said"snow?" she thought out loud and looked around making the three friends look at her weird and suspiciously " um you don't know what snow is?" usagi asked elli who tilt her head "iv never seen snow..in person..i heard of it in stories and seen it in picture's" she said with her head tilt while usagi notice something white and cold fall on her nose"look its snowing!" she said making everyone looking at the sky " it didn't seem like it a minute ago" said haruka while everyone looked at the falling snow..but when they sensed something strange they turned towards elli

who was looking up at the sky with her whiteish blue crystal eye's with a small smile on her face watching the snow fall " i wonder" elli thought out loud making the three friend stay on Guard while elli raised her hand's to catch a snow flake.. but the strangest thing when she caught one she looked down at it with her eye's that seemed to sparkle at what was in her palm "When Snow Melt's What Dose It Become?" she asked quietly making the three relax a little and look at her odd as she was still looking at the snow flake..but then not a minute later a cold breeze blue past them making them look away only to see that Elli Had Vanished.." i wonder where she went? "Hotaru said to her friends

making usagi nod" and what she mean's..'when snow melt's what dose it become? ' it become's water" she said while Michiru looked over where elli was standing and saw something on the ground and went to pick it up which caught her friend's attention " she may not have known that" she said as they walked to her side only to stop to see a unmelted snow flake.." it was a Real question.." Hotaru said while they stayed quiet as Elli queastion echoed in the wind..without a answer..but only a question.

Questionable Warlord

User Image
Username: Suisei-sama
Short Story: When Snow Squirrels Attack!

______________________________________________________________________________________________

When Snow Squirrels Attack!

It had been a lovely Christmas day so far, even though it had been usually cold that year. Chibi-Usa paid her dear friend Hotaru a visit, and the two exchanged gifts.

"Ohhh Taru-chan! Thank you so much for the gift" said Chibi Usa, holding the pendant in her hands.

"You're very welcome. I love my gift too" says Hotaru as she shows her dress happily.

"How about we go for a walk to enjoy the snow?" replied Chibi Usa.

"Ah, what a good idea, there's a park close by. The snow looks so lovely today" Hotaru replies.

The park was a winter wonderland, with everything covered in a thin layer of white snow.

"So lonely..." whispers a voice ", I have been here for so long..."

Suddenly, Chibi Usa pauses, "Hey, Hotaru are you feeling alright"

With a chuckle, Hotaru answers "Why yes, couldn't be happier"

"Wait, did you hear that?" Chibi Usa notices a set of prints heading off the path "Hey look"

"Hmmm...? Oh wait!" calls Hotaru, hurrying after her friend.

As the two girls wondered deeper into the park, they began to notice the a few odd things. The skies became a blank gray, and slowly the surrounding scene faded into shades of white.

A small child with long black hair slowly came into view. Upon closer view, she appeared to be wearing an older style kimono. She was surrounded by tiny snow squirrels... but something seems off about the situation.

"You see, we have something to play with us... forever and ever..." whispers the Yuki Onna.

"Erm... I heard you call someone. I am sorry but we cannot stay that long, but maybe for a game or two?" replies Chibi Usa.

Hotaru looked a touch on the nervous side "Maybe we shoul--" but before she could finish, the two girls suddenly found themselves surrounded by snow squirrels!

"THAT'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH!" called the little Yuki Onna.

With that, the squirrels suddenly attack the two girls! Hotaru tries to pull Chibi Usa out of the way.

Chibi Usa tries throwing a snow ball at one, but that only makes the hoard of youma squirrel even more upset!

The two young girls call upon their henshin! Sailor Saturn does her best, but slicing the squirrels in half only causes them to multiply! Sailor Chibi Moon began to cry, which cayses her red odango covers emit supersonic waves... but they weren't strong enough to stop the small Yuki Onna for making more snow demons.

(I am laughing so hard as I write this... please don't take this story seriously...)

Just than, a strong wind blew, the outlines of two senshi could be seen.

"Lured by the New Epic, I'm Sailor Uranus and I gorgeously protect this planet!"

"Lured by the New Epic, I'm Sailor Neptune and I graciously fight for what's right!"

"Submarine Violon Tide!" calls Neptune.

"Space Turbulence!" calls Uranus, their team work took down the massive squirrel army.

"Heeeeey! Darn it all! Wait for me!" calls Sailor Moon "Neptune... Uranus! Wait for me next time!"

"Ohhh there you are... I cannot allow this to continue! I mean, you can't play all day... but... you have been alone for so long, come with us! I will... fix this..."

"Starlight Honeymoon Therapy Kiss!"

The Yuki-onna faded, leaving only behind a sliver snowflake. "Lets take this to Hikawa, it would be a shame for her to be alone on such a lovely holiday. Maybe this way, she can find peace" replies Sailor Saturn in a soft tone.

"That's a great idea" replies Chibi Moon.

Questionable Warlord

User Image

Username: fickle raven
Short Story: Winter's Thaw

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Winter's Thaw

( author's note - for the purposes of the story "Winter's Thaw" are a series of four days from December 23rd - 26th. also the princess is sailor moon. )

It was Christmas; a time of goodwill and gift giving, when people around the world celebrated rampant consumerism mixed with that odd nostalgia for years gone by. It was the one time of the year that rather than curse Winter and her cold and stinging ways, the people of Earth sang songs and reveled in her beauty. It was also a time when the normally isolated Winter Guardian was surrounded by her well-meaning sisters and forced to take part in a bit of seasonal joy herself. Winter’s Thaw, as Spring laughingly called it, was a yearly tradition where no matter what hardships the girls had faced throughout the year they would gather for four days to sing song, give gifts, and enjoy simply being a part of a family. It was the one truly sacred tradition the girls had, the one thing that no amount of hurt feelings or harsh words could stop yet last year Winter had nearly ruined the entire thing.

She had been furious with her sisters, although Summer bore the brunt of the blame because as usual the hotheaded blonde had refused to listen to good sense or caution. The fiery sister had attacked the newly reborn Princess and her Sailor Senshi, right as Winter was beginning to think that the Tempora Court’s long reign was finally at an end. It had been infuriating and mortifying to think that the reincarnated Sailor Scouts would see she and her sisters as nothing more than a bunch of immature brawlers squabbling in the streets; Afterall Princess was the entire reason the Tempora Court existed, her sacrifice and her mother’s love having given the four girls the powers they wielded in defense of the Earth. They were supposed to be only temporary custodians of the Planet, keeping it safe until the Princess returned and ruled once again.

Winter had been eager to ensure the supposed Princess’ credentials in order to finally have the meeting she had been preparing for all these years.. She had dreamed of that meeting for years as she and her sisters watched over the Planet. Imagining how it would feel to meet not just the Princess, but her fabled Soldiers as well. Yet this defining moment of her life had been ruined,, making the Tempora Court look like squabbling children rather than the dignified Guardians Winter had so wished they could appear to be. It had led to the single worst fight the four had ever had with Winter retreating to her homeland and refusing to see any of her sisters. Even her longest ally Autumn had not been able to reach her, and when the time for the Thaw came she actually sent her kind-hearted youngest sister, Spring, away in tears.

She had chased them all out of her homeland yet when her temper had cooled, thick shame had taken its place. She had broken the one tradition that had kept the sisters together for thousands of years; the one thing that kept them united in balance and harmony had been broken, not by Summer’s impulsiveness or Spring’s thoughtlessness, but by Winter’s cold fury. She had been nearly sick with regret and had slunk to the seaside to wallow in self pity and attempt to figure out a way to apologize. Yet among all her shameful feelings, her pride remained strong; she still believed not to have been wrong in her anger -- although perhaps she had let it go too far.

It had been at the seaside when she had first seen them, the Soldiers of the Sea and Wind. Neptune and Uranus as she had always known them, although her understanding had been they had human identities as well. She had been struck from the distance by their seemingly glaring differences; Neptune who was the figure elegant and poised, much like Winter herself, and Uranus bold and daring,just like Summer. They should have been counterpoints, at odds with one another, yet instead they were closer even than sisters. The love they shared was obvious even from a distance, and it had reminded Winter of the love that bound her sisters together despite the many differents coming between them.

It had been a powerful sign and what had prompted her to swallow her pride and return shamefaced and humbled to her sisters. There had been hurt feelings and egos but in the end the love they shared meant that she was forgiven; and so the four together had entered a New Year and a new chapter of their lives. They had met the Princess and her Soldiers on more even grounds and had been able to finally make the grand impression Winter had always hoped for. The Princess had been incredibly kind about the whole ordeal and eager to meet the “Season Senshi” but Winter had still felt as if she needed to make amends for her actions; it had taken a year, but she had finally hit on the perfect way of repaying the debt she owed her sisters for forgetting their tradition. She had worked for days to make the perfect seasonal celebration, gathering sentimental items for her sisters and even inviting the Princess and her Court for the final day of the celebration to watch as each of her sisters outdid themselves showing off their talents in a friendly competition of yuletide cheer.

The Thaw had been a resounding success and her sisters were even now giddly talking about doing even better following year. Even ever-practical Autumn had been speaking of researching ways to make her cuisine even better in the future, playfully comparing notes with Jupiter. The best gift by far however, the one that she had agonized the most over, had been set up along a certain stretch of the sea. It had required the most research and trial and error to complete but as she watched the two Scouts race through it later she couldn’t help but beam in pride. The delicate ice course dazzled with color and light, and when the wind rushed through it the hollowed points of the display reverberated joyful music.

Her sisters had thought it a strange gesture for people who had not even been aware of their part in her epiphany the previous year. Winter had not been able to properly explain that while what they had done had been a small unconscious thing, the impact it had upon her was more than worth the extra work. They had reminded her, when she needed it most, that love and family where the truest meanings of the yuletide season; that without her sisters to remind her to Thaw, she would have become lost to the cold of Winter years ago. In that the gift she had given in return, a mixing of the Wind and Sea, was but a small thing and one she had been honored to see they had enjoyed.

As she listened to the laughter floating through the wintry breeze she couldn’t help but whisper a bit of a season’s greeting of her own.

“Season’s Joy to the Wind and Sea, may your hearts guide you ever faithfully."

Questionable Warlord

User Image
Username: Marina Pearltwist

___________________________________________________________________________________________

(Sailor Moon's family decided to spend their Christmas with an old family friend in a freezing village nearby a great wood. Sailor is bored without her friends so she's helping out with a kind old lady named Mrs. Grumskin who is the housekeeper of an orphanage to be merry and fun. But oh dear! The children are too cold for any fun! What will Sailor Moon do now?)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Aaaah…” sighed Sailor Moon. She had transformed into her sailor costume for the orphan children’s Eve’s Day Party but nothing was going right. Her pals were busy at their home preparing for tomorrow. She on the other hand, had promised to liven things up by ‘putting’ on Sailor Moon’s costume. But the little children were grumbling about the cold and huddled with their friends for warmth.
Mrs. Grumskin tried her best to interest the kids to play Musical Chairs, Pass the Parcel and other fun indoor games but it was of no avail.
“It’s too cold to run around chairs, Mrs. Grumskin!” complained one cold-cheeked boy.
“I feel frozen. Why can’t we have a fireplace?” asked another.
“Because we do not have any wood to burn, Sally.” the housekeeper looked at them unhappily. “There is no wood for sale and we do not have any money. Besides, that the tree are too frozen for us to chop in the woods.”
Giving up amusing the children, Sailor Moon spoke up. “I’ll get some wood, Mrs. Grumskin. I know my way to the woods.”
“Oh no, dear. Why, this is your holiday time here! One does not get visitors at this sleepy village and especially kind people to help me with the children too.”
“No, it’s too cold to have any fun. I’ll chop lots of wood. It’ll be no problem!” Sailor Moon beamed at her.
“But how will you chop the wood? And you are only one girl!”
“Oh, I won’t be alone! I have uh… friends to help me.” Sailor Moon smiled a secret smile all by herself.
Humming a merry tune, she changed her costume in to a warm and cozy winter clothes hugging the delightful secret that sheis the real Sailor Moon all the while.
She bid a cheery goodbye to Mrs. Gumskin and to the children and made her way down the dreary cold road. She thought about how she would cut the trees with her magical sailor power. She made up her mind that as soon as the sun sets, she would transform in secrecy and hop and skip all the way to the woods with joy when she bumped into somebody around the corner.
“Ouch!” she fell flat on her bum. “Ooooh… my butt!”
“Ah!” the exclamation of surprise made her look up at whoever bumped her.
“Sailor Neptune?!? What?-” she began but was cut short by her friend.
“Shh! Everybody will hear you!”
“Oh, sorry! You surprised me that’s all!” she rubbed her buttocks ruefully. “What are you doing here? I thought you are back in Tokyo!”
“I was but when I heard that you were spending your Christmas here, I came as fast as I can.”
“Why did something happen?” she looked at her friend anxiously worried that there was trouble.
“No, silly! I figured that you would be lonely. After all, this plan of celebrating here was sudden.” Sailor Neptune winked. “The other sent me their warm wishes that they were with you.”
“But you were a part of the Christmas Party like the others. How can you come like that? Sensei would be mad at you if she knew you skipped.”
“Somehow by accident my name wasn’t written down on the list like the others. I didn’t know how that happened but I jumped at the chance at seeing you than spend days to perfect my singing.” she giggled.
They walked a few more blocks and as the sun went down, Sailor Moon remembered her promise and quickly confided her friend about it.
“You are a really nice person. But you forget one perfect flaw in your brilliant plan, Moon.” her friend said.
“What’s that?”
“How will you carry all that wood by yourself?”
“Ah!” Sailor Moon sweated. “I completely did not think about that.”
“I’ll come with you. I know a place where there are some gunny bags that we can borrow for the wood to carried in.”
“Let’s go now then!” Sailor Moon cheerfully said.
They hurried down the road together.

“Wow, there are lots and lots of trees here.” Sailor Moon looked at the big frozen trees around her.
“Let’s go in a little deeper. Someone might see our power flashing.” her friends led the way, carrying the big sack over her shoulder.
“Ok!”
They went in deeper. Whenever they felt like the pale was deep enough, they split up to find a spot where the trees weren’t frozen so much. Sailor Neptune found a perfect spot nearby a cold stream still running. The trees there were frozen as well but was not very thick like the others.
“Okay! Let’s get to work then. Sailor Moon, let’s thaw the trees as much as we can first and then let’s take turn at chopping the wood with our powers.”
“Righto! Let’s spread the sack open s that we will be able to toss the wood as we cut with our magic powers!”
They got to work.

Meanwhile, as the two girls were busy, a bear nearby in its den was woken up disturbed with their loud voices and sounds. It growled as it got up to investigate the disturbance.

“There! That was the last of them.” Sailor Neptune said as she threw the last branches into the sack. “Phew, my back is aching. We did some good work!”
“We sure did! I hope Mrs. Grumskin and the children will be happy!” her friend said happy-go-luckily as she tied up the sack.
They heard a low growl at that moment. Sailor Moon blushed.
“Sorry!” she said. “All this work has made me hungry.”
“Hah! Let’s go back to the orphanage and grab a bit.” Sailor Neptune laughed. She heard another growl – a much bigger one than the first.
“Say, your tummy is making a big noise! I think you are starved!”
“T-t-t-th-tha-that wa-wasn’t m-me!” stammered her chum as she stared wide-eyed behind her friend. “It was that!” She pointed with her free hand at something behind her friend.
Sailor Neptune froze as she turned behind her slowly and came face-to-face with an enormous big black bear. The bear’s eyes were wild. I gave a big mighty growl that was no friendly than a lion’s.
“AIIIYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Both girls screamed at the same time. Sailor Neptune grabbed Sailor Moon’s free hand which was not clutching at the sack and dragged her, running and screaming with the bear hot on their heels.
Presently, they both jumped up on a tree, clinging onto it for dear life.
The bear growled and snapped below.
“Hey, why don’t we use our power to drive the bear away?” sailor moon asked her friend.
“I don’t think so, our power is not for attacking innocent creatures like bears. I think it’s best not to.”
“How do we go home now then?” wailed Sailor Moon.
“Hmm…..” sailor Neptune looked thoughtfully. “I know! Let’s jump tree to tree with the help of our power!”
“Good idea!”
“Okay let’s hold the sack between us and jump at the count of three.”
They positioned themselves on the tree branch as so – Sailor Moon clutched the sack with her right hand whereas Sailor Neptune held it with her left.
“Okay! One, two, JUMP!”
They jumped safely to the next branch. The bear got confused when it saw them disappearing from branch and appearing onto the other.
“Again!” cried Sailor Neptune. And they jumped once more

“Oh, man! My back’s aching with all that squatting and jumping.” groaned Sailor Moon.
“I thought the bear was never going to leave us as we jumped…” her friend groaned equally.
They were safely out of the dark wood and were walking up the road to Mrs. Grumskin.
“Well, we got the wood for fire somehow!” Sailor Neptune said cheerfully. “And we didn’t use our power or we would’ve hurt the bear.”
“That’s right!” Sailor Moon walked straight besides her friend swinging the sack happily. “I hope Mrs. Grumskin will be happy with our wood.”
They turned to the corner and when Sailor Moon saw the orphanage, she dragged her friend, running the rest of the distance.
“Mooooe! You shouldn’t have dragged me like that!” her friend complained as she knocked the door. “I think I bounced on the road enough to bruised my back sore!”
As the door opened, Mrs. Grumskin looked with surprise at Sailor Neptune. “Oh! Who is this?”
“This is my friend who I told you about who would help me to chop the wood, Mrs. Grumskin.” Sailor Moon shook the sack at her face. “See? We brought enough wood to burn all day tomorrow a well!”
“Thank you so much. You girls are kind but we have gotten wood this afternoon from the big farmer and his on. They help me sometimes, you see. I thought they must’ve forgotten this year.”
“EEEEEEEEH???!!!??” Sailor Moon and Sailor Neptune exclaimed together in dismay.
“When we chopped the wood so hard too!” Sailor Moon said in tears.
“And when we got chased in circles with that bear as well!” her friend wailed.
“Oh, my! I hope you are not hurt?” Mrs. Grumskin exclaimed as she sat the two girls down on the bench near the fireplace were a cheerful fire was burning.
“No, but we are kind of hungry.” Sailor Moon said. She looked at the orphans playing and her heart swelled with happiness.
“I’ll get you girls some food. And you need not worry about your wood. It’ll be fed into the fire as well.”
“That’s good to know! I feel happy. All there’s left is for some food to fill me!”she said as she patted her stomach and blushed deeply when a growl responded back. Mrs. Grumskin and her friend laughed as well as some of the children nearby. Sailor Moon laughed with them afterwards thinking, This will be the happiest Christmas ever!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff