- Posted: Thu, 07 Jun 2012 15:18:11 +0000
☆Gerwald Draconious III
"Death is not our curse, but our blessing. It is when our burdens are taken and our souls granted final rest."
- ★Only old people call me by my first name, you can call me Mr. Draconious for students, though with a few friends it’s Jerry. However, please refrain from calling me "Waldo."
★Gotta eat to live, gotta control hoardes of undead to eat.
★Pretty soon we are just going to have to light the cake on fire with 34 candles burning.
★The fact that you have to ask is kind of rude, however I am a male.
★Isn't it obvious I like people with spirit?
★Don't tell anyone I said this, but I would love nothing more than to be dominated by someone.
- ★Things about me you might like to know:
- ✓ Intellectual pursuits of all kinds. I did not allow myself to be limited to my family’s continuing line of necromancy.
✓ Reading. While this can also involve a pursuit of knowledge, I can also appreciate a good story when it is presented to me.
✓ I also have a penchant for classical music.
✗ Those who use their strong character to torment others. I appreciate strength only when it is used nobly.
✗ Those who misuse or misunderstand necromancy. It is a delicate art and I do not tolerate it being tampered with improperly.
✗ Anyone who might unnaturally fight death. It is a natural thing and it is sacred. To fight and work intricate magicks to achieve immortality or a lengthened lifespan, it is to deny the course of nature it’s proper run. There are always consequences to such actions.
- ★These moments changed my life:
- ☆ I remember the first funeral I ever attended. I was a child still and my mother had passed. For a Necromancer, a funeral service is rather unique. Her body was controlled and raised by my father, who would teach me in the years to follow, and she lead her own funeral procession to her grave. Then my father laid her to rest in her coffin and she was sent into the earth. We do not believe cremation is the proper way to release a soul from the world. Most importantly, I remember that I was not allowed to cry. For death is considered a beautiful thing, as wonderful as birth.
☆ I began my training as a Necromancer at the age of ten. My father wanted to start me out earlier, but my mother prevented that, wishing me to live a more ordinary childhood for as long as I could. Though the training was intense and strict, I was still allowed to continue my other hobby of piano playing. I started by animating dead rats and bugs around the house and had to learn not to fear them. It was difficult to control them so they moved more fluidly and naturally, but with much practice I was able to master that and continue in my training.
☆ The hardest of my training was when I had to raise a spirit rather than animate dead flesh. It was also the one to haunt me the most. Spirits would come without proper invitation and torment me. Many protective measures had to be taken, using herbs and incense to keep away dark and vicious ghosts that sought only to harm the living. Finally, in a need to end the hauntings, I buckled down and forced my power upon them like never before. Under my influence, they fled. Soon after that I was able not only to dispel the evil ones but call upon the ghosts of those who had passed. I was able to have a final conversation with my deceased mother. I have never cried as much as I did that night. Afterwards, I helped her spirit to pass through the gates to the final resting place.
☆ I was only employed at Mystic Fountain within the past couple of years, but have enjoyed my stay here. I feel as if the purpose I am to serve is going to reveal itself to be of greater worth than I have seen thus far. There is great unrest on these grounds, which concerns me, but my focus is in instructing the students. I have found their curiosity and insight rather refreshing to see.
- ★These things made me who I am today:
- ☆ Helpful, especially to his students
☆ Stoic and emotionally unattached most of the time
☆ Good-hearted, always trying to achieve that which he sees as the most positive outcome
☆ Painfully socially awkward
- ★Wanna see a trick or two?
- ☆Can raise undead and command their actions. Usually three to five at a time. Only works if there is a body around to control, no matter if it is an animal or human. They cannot speak, but they can fight. Of course, since they are undead, their bodies are like puppets and only become useless to him if they are parts too small or inconsequential to do damage or if the spell wears off. For example, a chopped off limb can still function for the purpose of the main body, but a chopped off finger will just wiggle around and be generally useless.
☆Can also raise a spirit alone, but it will only be able to see, speak, and hear. However, it will be the person's true soul. The more recently they have died, the easier it is to raise them. Similarly, they are more likely to be raised if there is unfinished business, thus younger souls are easier to call upon. This takes up more energy than simply controlling dead flesh and can only be performed for a limited amount of time.
★I reside in the house of:
- ☆ Caerulius
★I can't help it, Nocturno by Chopin makes me want to dance.