< 1 2 3 4 ... 18 19 20 >

Dedicated Conversationalist

10,275 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Married 100
User ImagexxUser ImagexxUser Image

F E L I Xxxxx M C C O N N E L L

I'M WAITING FOR THE DAY THAT, TOGETHER WE COULD FIND ANOTHER WAY BACK.
                                WITH EVERYTHING WE'VE GOT AT STAKE LETS WORRY ABOUT TODAY
                                AND PUT TOMORROW IN A BOTTLE.
                                IF THERE'S SOME WAY THAT WE CAN TAKE BACK
                                THE WRONG THAT WE'VE CREATED WE COULD CHANGE THAT,
                                DON'T TURN YOUR HEAD THE OTHER WAY YOUR GONNA SAVE TODAY
                                PUT TOMORROW IN A BOTTLE

I couldn't believe that this was actually happening. I couldn't wrap my mind around it all. How on earth did Ray expect this to work? For a start we couldn't even be civil to one another in a hospital and Aid was seriously injured, it's a shame the doctors didn't have to sew her mouth shut really. That would make this situation a hell of a lot easier for me.

"Six months"

Ray's words hung in the air and yet I wanted to wince away from them. Six months that was ridiculous. But then again I should of seen it coming, after all my ex-wife was going into witness protection and six months was the average time people spent in the protection. With this thought my mind started racing people usually stayed in witness protection for that long, as that was the length of time that it took to catch the culprits. If the people who wanted Adrienne dead were as wealthy and as powerful as I suspected they were then I could be stuck with her for double that time, or maybe even triple. I cursed under my breath and let out a rather heavy sigh hoping it would lighten my spirits. No such luck of course. Luck wasn't on my side this evening.

Shaking my head I couldn't help running my hand through my hair.... my left hand. Damn big mistake. Maybe she didn't notice. I stood back slightly as Ray and her brother disappeared. Her brother giving me the usual look. The kind of look that makes it clear that if I wasn't in my uniform right now my head would be going right through the window in the hospital door. Me and Jay had never seen eye to eye but the pair of us always tolerated each other due to the fact that I was Aid's wife and he was her brother. But the ex- that was now attached to the husband meant that he could dislike me as openly as he wanted to. It was the same for me, however I was always better at concealing my emotions compared to that jumped up little git. Another reason why she left me I suppose, I was to inward not open with her enough. This thought seriously makes me want to laugh. I had just been open honest about the stupidity of her situation and I received a verbal kick to the balls for it. There was no way to make her happy. Everything I did was wrong. Take tonight for example I was the one who saved her life and yet I receive no appreciation just accusatory glances and aggressive looks. I wasn't the one who attacked her for goodness sake.

After a few minuets Mrs Turner mumbled something about going to get coffee and she and her husband left the room as well. Great more awkwardness just what I wanted. I looked down at my uniform, there were spots of Adrienne's blood on them from where I had cradled her while waiting for the ambulance. I found myself thinking about how much I loathed her compared to how much I loved her. Turns out love wins every time. But I simply can't fathom why my heart still holds a flame for her not after she has shredded it anyway. Hearing her voice I tear my eyes away from my shirt and look into her face. My eyes focused on her lips rather than meeting her eyes.

"So..... What'd you do? You must have ******** up something big to have to be stuck with me"

I close my eyes and rub my finger's over my eyelids sighing.

"The only thing I've ever ******** up in was thinking I could make a marriage last with you. You on the other hand have ******** up so big this time that your on a ******** hit list."

The words that are coming out of my mouth are so harsh, I almost can't believe I'm allowing myself to say them, then again they are all true. Her face now resembles stone she is pissed. More pissed than she was five minuets ago anyway. I take up the seat that her mother was sat in and interlace my fingers leaning upon my knee. I've given up attempting to hide my wedding ring now. The privileged of privacy is about to be swept out from under me in my own house. I had a right mind to go outside and give Ray a piece of my mind but something was holding me back. I looked up at Aid and half grinned. I wasn't sure why but the words left my mouth before I could catch them.

"Feels just like old times huh?"

The grin slid off my face and in my mind I began to beat myself up. "You are such an idiot, and quite possibly a masochist you idiot." She was giving me that curious scanning look that she used to use at the breakfast table. She was looking at me like I was some kind of interesting high profile case that she could report on. Time to change the subject.

"Listen this idea is stupid but the only way to stop it from happening is to tell me, or Ray if you'd rather not talk to me, who you were investigating and why." A skeptical look as always, or was she laughing at my suggestion? I couldn't tell. I hadn't seen her in six months and even after two years I still felt like I didn't know her at all.
                      "You can't really tell me that this 'story'" I made quotation marks in the air. "is worth more than your life?"

10,275 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Married 100
User ImagexxxxxUser Image

A A R O N xx G R E G O R Y

YOUR KEEPING YOURSELF TIED UP SO YOU WON'T LET ME DOWN
DIDN'T YOU EVER THINK JUST MAYBE
I'LL UNDERSTAND YOU, JUST GIVE ME THE CHANCE TOO,
I LOVE YOU MORE THAN YOU'LL EVER KNOW EVEN IF IT MEANS I GOTTA LET YOU GO
WITH OR WITHOUT ME, BABY YOU SHOULD BE HAPPY,
IF YOUR HEADED DOWN ANOTHER ROAD DON'T YOU LEAVE ME WITH NOWHERE TO GO.
DON'T LET ME BE LAST TO KNOW

MAYBE YOU'LL FIND WHAT YOU REALLY WANTED IS WHAT YOU LEFT BEHIND
AND ALL YOUR DREAMS ARE HAUNTED
MAYBE I'LL MOVE ON OR MAYBE I'LL JUST STAY
EITHER WAY

I HOPE YOU'LL UNDERSTAND ME IF I SAY WE CAN'T BE
SO IF YOU WANT TO GO I WANT YOU TO KNOW
I'LL UNDERSTAND YOU JUST GIVE ME THE CHANCE,TO LOVE YOU MORE THAN YOU'LL EVER KNOW
- THE WANTED

Truth or dare. It certainly wasn't Aaron's game. He didn't enjoy watching people make fools out of themselves especially when it was his little sister and his best friend. He was cursing himself for agreeing to play in the first place. His mind was ticking contemplating the idea of opting out of playing any more but he knew that Spencer would kick him in if he did that. Aaron couldn't help but cringe when his sister dared Spencer to tell the truth of his conquests. In his opinion a better dare would of been to ask his friend how many girls he had been in love with that would of been more interesting. Whilst Spencer committed to the dare and gave his answer Aaron was in his own little bubble chewing his nails down to the quick. His eyes were drifting around the room of his own accord and of course they landed on Lori. It was like she was an electromagnetic field and she just attracted Aaron too her. Suddenly he felt eyes on himself, looking around slightly panic a sharp breath escaped his lips as relief washed over him as it was only Spencer looking at him. The others were laughing about something that appeared to of been said by Lori. About to stand up and excuse himself his best friend managed to shatter Aaron's little bubble by giving him the most outrageous dare yet. Seven minuets in heaven? With Lori? In front of Logan? What the hell was Spencer thinking. Opening his mouth to decline and take a shot Spence fixed him with a glare and then voicing the glare expressing that he better not back out this time. Aaron's face became steel. He was furious with his friend. They'd been friends for year and yet apparently Spence didn't know him at all. He wasn't the type of guy to take a girl to his room, let alone his sister's best friend and a girl who had a boyfriend.

As he stood up from the chair it was as if his body was a ghost and someone else was controlling him. He had no idea what was pushing him to do this but for once he wanted to wipe the smirk of his friends face, show some courage be a man so to speak. Before he knew it his hand was clamped around Lori's and they were off up the stairs. Her skin was so soft and so warm and being this close to her he could smell something sweet and fruity at the same time. It was quite an appealing aroma. Too soon they were at his bedroom door. Opening the door he allowed Lori to step in first and then swiftly followed her in. Closing the door there was a snap and his senses seemed to come to him. What was he doing? This wasn't right. Sitting down on the bed he rubbed his hand across his chin and looked down at the carpet. Were they expected to get it on? Is that really what Spencer wanted? He wanted Lori to cheat on Logan? Come to think of it why was Lori even up here? She didn't seem like that kind of girl. But then again he hadn't really given her much of a choice had he. Did she want to be here? Well the door was right there she could leave he wasn't stopping her, and yet she wasn't leaving. Did she want to do this? Hearing her timid tone Aaron looked up. Something about getting this whole thing over and done with. She made it sound like a chore and Aaron felt rather discouraged however, looking in her eye there seemed to be a slight hint of a glint and there seemed to be anticipation on her face. Was she looking forward to this? Suddenly she was moving closer there lips were almost touching. But then Aaron realised who this was, she was much younger than him and so innocent. The movement was almost involuntary but he placed her hands on her shoulder's and pushed her away from him gently. "I can't Lori, this isn't right." he mumbled not looking her in the eyes. The reaction that followed was once again swift, and rather unexpected. Lori was on her feet yelling at him. Telling him that he shouldn't of done the dare and that it didn't mean anything. Glancing up and the outburst he noticed that her eyes were starting to go puffy. That was just great he'd gone upstairs to make out with her and now she was crying. All hell was about to let loose he could feel it. Charlie for one was going to kill him.

As Lori left Aaron's head fell instinctively in his hands. It was typical Aaron to mess everything up and upset someone at the same time. He really shouldn't be allowed to go anywhere near girls. He always either made a fool out of himself or just simply upset them. He could hear the commotion unravelling on the floor below him. He heard the front door open and then Charlie's voice rising through the floorboards. Even from up here he could tell that she was pissed. The front door opened and closed again and still Aaron remained holding his head in his hands. How could he be so stupid? He felt the bed sink under the weight of someone else and his best friends voice filled his ear. She looked hysterical? He hadn't been that harsh had he? Yeah he should never of bought her to his room that much was plain but the girl was blowing this out of proportion. "No don't blame her, this is all your fault you idiot!" a voice said in his head. Finally he raised his head to look at Spencer. "I didn't mean to upset her." he claimed with a heavy sigh. "I just..... Logan was sat....." His words stumbled and giving up he just allowed his body fall backwards so that he was lying across his bed, his head hanging upside down. "I'm so stupid!" he yelled at the ceiling.

After a few moments of persuasion Aaron followed Spencer down to the living room again. The room that had been filled with so many bodies ten minuets earlier was now completely deserted. Heaving yet another sigh he fell into the chair he had been occupying before the disaster occurred. Spencer had made a valid point that all he really needed to do was apologize to Lori. So that was what he was going to do. For once in his life he wasn't going to be timid he was going to make sure that Lori listened to him and explain why he didn't kiss her. It wasn't that he didn't want to. It was more of the fact that it wasn't the right way of doing this. He wanted Lori, even though he knew this probably the worst idea of his life, she was the only thing he could think about and he'd never really had this feeling with any girl before. Apart from Isabella but that relationship didn't last. Mainly because she fell in love with another guy. But the point was he didn't want to ruin his chances with Lori for ever by having their first kiss essentially be an affair. The front door opened again and the two girls walked through it, Lori was still in tears but that was about all Aaron could see of her because Charlie was soon up in his face. Shouting some very hurtful stuff. Her words sliced through him like a hot knife slices butter. He wanted to tell her to shut up and just let him speak to Lori but he just kept opening and closing his mouth like he was a goldfish. Finally Charlotte stopped shouting and went to grab her purse or something. Now was his chance. Standing up from the seat he moved towards Lori. "Lori listen I'm...." She was wincing away from him like he was some kind of monster. And on top of that his little, but freakishly strong sister, was pulling him backwards and back into his seat. And just like that they were gone. He had totally fumbled his chance. "Did you see the way she was looking at me?" Aaron said in a small voice looking up at Spence. "I'm a ******** dumbass aren't I?" Aaron said shaking his head and sighing. He wanted the ability to turn back time. He should of taken the shot the worst that could've happened then was he would be a little bit light headed and have an edge of confidence.

Spencer was now going on about how Charlotte was right, and how Lori had had an expectation. Did he choke? Did he? No that wasn't it. Az lifted his head and looked at Spencer. "I didn't choke no, but..... It's difficult to explain. You wouldn't understand." He said waspishly. Then Spence said he had invited Isabella around. Aaron rolled his eyes, Isabella was a good friend but that wasn't the point. "Do you want to broadcast to the world that I can't perform and make girls cry? Yeah that's great help thanks mate!" Aaron was all over the place. Usually he never blamed Spencer for anything but he need a release and apparently he was getting one by lashing out at Spence. They were sat in silence for a while, until there was knock on the door. Aaron had taken to hugging a small blue pillow that had been placed on the chair behind him. Placing his face in it he listened. Isabella's voice came from the hallway. "Whose the girl and what happened?". Aaron lifted his head for a fraction of a second, until Spencer began retelling the story. It took a good five minuets. Isabella let out a low whistle "Wow trying it on with Lori, you were pretty brave to even lead her up the stairs. I'm surprised Charlotte didn't strangle you Spencer." Isabella offered Spence a grin. "Any way the damage isn't irreparable you just need to make Lori listen, Spencer if you kidnap Charlie for a while then Az can talk to Lori without her bodyguard. Where are the princesses anyway?" Isabella asked looking around the room. "Gone..." Aaron mumbled into the pillow. His mind was still retracing everything that had happened and it was coming to a conclusion that he didn't really like but he couldn't stop it and the anger was building inside him. This wasn't going to end well. His hands were already shaking. "Well that's ok. I'm sure we can find out where they've gone. Spencer do you have Charlotte's numb...." Aaron had stood up so swiftly that Isabella stopped talking in her tracks. His eyes were focused on Spence and he looked fuming.

"Az are you ok?" Bella asked moving back slightly. "This is all your fault!" Aaron said to Spencer, his voice much louder than it normally was but not shouting quite yet. "If you weren't so pushy and making me feel incompetent than this stupid little game never would of happened. Why are you always so interested in getting me laid anyway. That's not who I am! Yes I like Lori very much but I don't just want an easy make out session. I wouldn't climb aboard and then leave her like you would. I look for more than that. But now thanks to you there is no chance that anything will ever happen." By the end of his rant Aaron was shouting. He looked at Spencer and wanted him to retort. He wanted some kind of argument as an outlet. In all honesty he loved his best friend and if his head was on straight this kind of confrontation would never have happened. Aaron after all was his own person it was he who had grabbed Lori's hand and pulled her up the stairs not Spencer. He knew exactly what kind of expectation she was going to have. But this kind of action was so out of character for Aaron that he felt the need to blame somebody and unfortunately that somebody was Spencer. After a few seconds of just staring at him, Aaron shook his head and sunk back into the chair, placing his head in his hand again. Isabella was shocked into silence and was looking from Aaron to Spencer almost worried about what was going to happen next.

10,275 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Married 100
User ImagexxUser Image

A M E L I AxxA N N A - L E I G HxxJ O H N S O N

User Image

It had been yet another restless night for Amelia. Her mind was wandering over many things. She was worrying about the secret she was keeping from the love of her life, and she was worried about the fact that the love of her life was off fighting a war and his life was in danger. The truth was she didn't know how he was or where he was. Night time was the worst time for this kind of thinking. During the day Amy could find things to preoccupy her, doing the shopping, do laundry. Anything really that could stop her imagining the worst. But at night when she was laying in bed it was so obvious, his absence. All she wanted was to feel the warmth of his body laying next to her, his arms wrapped around her. And most of all she wanted to tell him that he was going to be a father.

10,275 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Married 100
User Image

A L I C ExxxM I L T O N

"what's it going to be? are you willingly walking away from this? what's it gonna take? can you really break this love? where you gonna go? tell me do you know? when does your heart admit? make up your mind before you shut the door."

I could tell that my words had slapped him across the face, something I seemed quite adept at doing. I hated the fact that he could recoil from my words so quickly and even though I was simply stating the truth he made me feel guilty. Why should I feel guilty for voicing the truth, the way I felt? Was I supposed to be exactly like him and bottle it all up? What was that going to solve? I wanted to scream, not directly at him but about everything. Just let my frustration out at the world so someone could solve all my problems for me. I had always been pretty sure of my self. Knew who I was and that what I was doing was right, but now I was questioning every move I made and whether I was breathing at the right moment. Making sure that the eggshells weren't glass. It made me uncomfortable and edgy like I was balanced on the edge of a cliff and the person who could tip me over was the one person I trusted completely. Only now his face was a shadow covered in a mask. Did I ever know him? Did I know Roger? That was a scary question because I could know longer answer it with certainty.

Casting my eyes away from the window to look at my husband for a moment. I notice his eyes seem glazed almost contemplative and I would give anything to hear what he was thinking. But I knew those thoughts might as well be locked in the highest level security vault in the world. I wasn't going to get a glimpse of them even if I pleaded with him. "Patience." I think to myself. However I could stop myself from wondering further. Trying to think of what he might be thinking. What if he was thinking this whole therapy thing was far too much trouble? What if he had settled on the idea that divorce was a much easier option? Sighing I turn back to the passenger window and watch the trees moving swiftly by. The sound of Roger's voice beside me, the breaking of the silence makes me jump slightly. He is apologizing again. Like he always does but no matter how many ways or how many times I say that I don't want apologies I just want him to tell me what is on his mind it doesn't change anything. I sigh. "I hope so. Because I don't want to loose you. I couldn't bear it." I mumbled the words without looking at him.

The moment when the car pulled in the driveway couldn't come soon enough. I wanted out of the awkwardness. I wanted to get back to some sort of comfort, normality almost. And most of all I wanted to see my children, and my sister who has arranged to pop round after the therapy session. Kitty, my older sister had always been my rock regardless of my parents disapproval of my lifestyle. She had been especially supportive when Roger began being distant and quiet. I see my little boy playing in the front yard with the dog, he seems so happy but he has been quiet of late going the complete opposite way to his sister who is acting out in anyway possible. Only last week there had been a meeting with her teachers about the disruption she has been causing. Waving at him I walk over to him stroking the dog and then giving him a hug. Even though he is growing up he is still a mummy's boy at heart, or at least I hope he is. Letting him loose I look round at Roger for a second, he's on the phone and there are no prizes for guessing who he is talking to. I roll my eyes before turning back to Nolan "Is your sister inside?" I ask keeping my voice light. He shakes his head and I scowl slightly. "Hmmm ok thanks hun." I reply turning towards the house. Emmy is grounded and was suppose to return straight home from school. Passing Roger I go to place my hand on his arm but for some reason I hesitate and stop myself. Instead I simply say "Emmy hasn't come home yet." and leave it at that. I know that Roger won't be happy but he will sort it out.

Pulling out my own phone I dial Kitty's number. It goes to the answer phone so I start talking. "Hey Kit. I take it your on your way here so I won't tell you much until you arrive. All I can say is so far it's a disaster but I should give it a chance right? Anyway see you soon." An with that I hang up. I place the phone on the counter and go to make a cup of coffee. "Roger do you want something to drink? And how long until Reg gets here?" I shout through to him over the noise of the boiling kettle. I know that Reginald will be here, he is practically Roger's brother. I have my support system and Roger has his.

OOC: I HOPE THIS IS OK. I THOUGHT I MIGHT MAKE SOME DRAMA WITH EMMY BUT IF YOU WANT ME TO CHANGE ANYTHING THEN PLEASE LET ME KNOW. ALSO SORRY FOR SUCH A LONG DELAY HAD SOME FAMILY PROBLEMS. I WILL START WORK ON REG SOON. DO YOU WANT ME TO POST FOR REG BEFORE KITTY OR AFTER? OR DOES IT NOT REALLY MATTER?

10,275 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Married 100
RYAN McARTHUR

Three months before the apocalypse.

Nobody could predict the horror that would spread the world within a matter of a few days. The world was functioning, people were working, celebrating birthday's, anniversary's, weddings, child birth and even funerals. To the public the world was normal and nothing was ever going to change that. But behind closed doors, underground in a secure location doctors were working on medicine that was going to bring the world to an end. Not their anticipated outcome of course but one they would achieve. The medicine they were working on was a dream cure for one of the worst diseases imaginable. Cancer. They were planning on ridding the world of this terrible disease, but when you mess with mother nature boy does the b***h get angry. Not only angry but she gets even too.

In the city's hospital a thirty two year old man was stood in the corner of a paediatric ward whispering to yet another man wearing a white coat claiming that he was a man of medicine. It was a different face but the same old words, the same old disappointment. ”I'm sorry Mr McArthur there is nothing left we can do. The best thing for you to do now is just be with him.” The man just looked at the doctor not listening to a word that was leaving his lips. He stared past the white coat and set eyes on the beautiful child in the room facing him. The child's hair was missing and his face look gaunt, signs of tiredness outlined his features. The boy looked decades older than four years old and scars of a battle was ingrained in his face. And yet his eyes were still bright and a smile danced around his lips whilst his mother showed him how to create a dinosaur shadow puppet using the lights of the leukaemia ward. That child, that beautifully brave young man was Josh McArthur. Ryan McArthur's first child, a child that he loved to death, a child he was willing to die for. And yet here he was unable to help him in anyway possible. Shaking his head he simply walked past the doctor and made his way to the door of his son's room. A room that he had lived in for so long that it was now there home. Standing in the door way his wife Lacey looked over at him, her red hair shinning in the fluorescent lights. She looked at him and he slightly shook his head his face sombre, hopeless. Her face fell and he could see the tears building, her hand had also faltered half way between making the dinosaur roaring at the four year old. This caused Josh to look up and seeing his daddy his smile blossomed. Composing himself Ryan returned the smile and moved over to his son, perching himself on the bed and wrapping the boy in his arms. His wife also recovered and continued showing him hand puppets. In that moment they were a picture perfect family even though deep down they all knew this could be the last time they would be together.

A week later and how things have changed. Ryan was still pretty much living at the hospital with his son and wife but Josh wasn't sleeping or drooling or crying out in pain. The doctors had discovered a new treatment. A wonder drug, when first told about this Ryan hadn't held out much hope. Nobody realises just how many wonder drugs there are in the medical industry until you have a dying child. Josh had been subjected to many medical trials, new drugs and things that may help cure him. None of them had worked of course, however, this time was different. It was almost as though the illness had just been sucked right out of him. One little injection and within a few hours Josh was back to his normal self, smiling laughing and just enjoying life. He continued to get better over the next few days and was finally allowed to go home and sleep in his own bed. Ryan was over joyed as was his wife. Finally they could look about getting back to normal life. Ryan was soon back to work earning money to keep his family happy and to pay off the medical bills. Ryan was walking around in the best place ever, he woke up every morning and said to himself that his life could not get any better. That should have been the first sign that things were going to down hill.

Three weeks after Josh's miraculous recovery Ryan was driving home from work listening to the radio. The radio announcer came on half way through the tune they were playing. Ryan furrowed his brow and looked at the stereo, the usual calm voice was swamped with panic. He was claiming some kind of apocalypse was beginning. Rabid cannibalistic people were roaming the streets ripping and tearing flesh from civilians bones. Scoffing slightly Ryan switched the radio off and continued to drive home. The drive took no longer than five minuets. Pulling into the driveway he smiled while shaking his head the news on the radio running through his head slightly. Pushing the thought aside he climbed out of his car and walked into his home. It was quiet, unusually quiet. The only noise that could be heard was the muffled noise of the television. Walking into the living room Ryan's eyes trailed on the cartoons that were running around the television doing silly things hitting each other with brightly coloured sledge hammers. A smile pursed on his lips as he hit the off switch. Turning around to go to the kitchen he noticed something that made his heart race, there was a smashed glass on the floor and trickles of blood mixed in with the shards. ”Lacey?” He called out, no answer. ”Josh?” Still no answer. Panic was rising in his chest now, had someone attacked his family? ”Lacey, Josh? It's me.” panic was clear in his voice now. He checked the kitchen there was no one in there but more evidence of sinister actions. ”Answer me. This games not funny any more.” He called out again. Still nothing the house was silent, or was it. Now that Ryan was listening he could hear a small tap tap coming from upstairs. Walking with more pace he entered the the hallway and climbed the stairs. Josh's bedroom door was opened slightly and the tapping was coming from in the room. Pushing the door open Ryan walked in. The first thing that hit him was the thick smell of iron floating on the air. He knew what that meant and yet he couldn't quite wrap his mind around it. He moved into the room he still couldn't see anything. None of this was making sense. Moving around the bed he saw something that he did not expect his son was alive but his wife was laying on the floor her body ripped open he inards spilled on the cream carpet. Ryan chocked on his breath. His son was eating his wife. ”Josh, what are you doing?” his voice was more of a whisper now. He reached out to pull his son away and as his boy turned to look at him, Ryan realised that the thing in front of him was no longer his son. Backing away in shock he fell against the wall. The next thing Ryan was aware of was Josh lunging at him.

Present day.

Things had changed since the infection developed. Every person bitten became one, the virus spread through the body in a matter of hours the body seemed to essential rot from the inside out and any trace of humanity was wiped from the person and desire took a hold of them. The desire that drove these creatures, their only desire was feeding on human flesh. The virus was so intense that it infected three quarters of the worlds population in a matter of days. The rest of the population became infected by the creatures now there was only a few stragglers or rather survivors there was no such thing as luck any more just pure intuition and survival. The remaining living would do anything and everything to avoid the walkers. Some would even sacrifice each other's flesh just so they could run and survive. Some people were using the walkers as weapons. Criminals still existed even in such dire times. Ryan McArthur's was still living still fighting although in his mind he really had no idea why he was so intent on surviving he had nothing to go home to nothing to motivate him and yet here he still was. Living. If you could call it that. Part of him wanted to believe that it was a giant dream. The other part knew it was real and hoped that one day a cure would be found and the world would return to normal. Then again human meddling and cures were what put them in this position in the first place. Maybe that's why Ryan was still fighting. He was determined to find the person that had grown this specimen in a lab and called it a wondrous thing. Before this epidemic he had believed in god and believed that revenge was a sin, but the horror he had witnessed, mother's eating their own children, children eating their parents. Even the events of his own family. He could no longer believe in this and he wanted to expose the person that caused this horror and it was clear that god was not around to help any more.

Ryan was currently passed out in a small locked closet. He had a baseball bat in one hand and a handgun strapped in his belt. His breathing was steady and almost peaceful. He hadn't slept in three days and this latest endeavour was not of his own choice. He had been attempting to make his way to a refugee camp, he had been moving between camps across the country searching for something, he wasn't entirely sure what but he was being driven by something. He had been travelling for three days straight no rest. The car he had been using had run out of gas so the journey was to be taken by foot. He had met several hordes of walkers on his travels. Things had been difficult but he had managed to escape however, he was not unscathed. Ryan had managed to slice his arm on a discarded piece of metal shrapnel the wound was deep and he was desperate for some medical attention. It was free now a days, no medical bills but finding available medical help was much more challenging. He had managed to make his way to an abandoned hospital and wrapped it up. There had been a few walkers wandering around but he took care of them. The blood loss and sleepless seventy two hour period had taken it's toll so he locked himself in a supply closet and allowed his body to pass out.

Some movement outside the door caused Ryan to stir and then wake in quick succession. His vision was blurry and the closet was dark but he could clearly see the outline of the door and it was still firmly shut. Pushing him self up off the floor as his eyes retained their focus he winced slightly as he leaned on his damaged arm causing pain to shoot through it. His left hand was firmly gripped around the handle of the baseball bat. Many of the survivors he met scoffed at the fact that his weapon of choice was a bat. But Ryan had found that guns can cause more damage than they solve plus the noise tended to attract more walkers. He did keep a gun for when needed but that was for the most dire of circumstances. Not to mention he had been really good at baseball in college.

Taking a few deep breaths to steady his nerves Ryan unlocked the door, raising the bat slightly he opened the door a crack and peered through. There was nothing sinister waiting for him. However, the noise that woke him up became more pronounced and apparent. Something or someone was definitely moving around in the building. He couldn't tell if it was survivor or walker all he new was that on his way in there was no apparent life signs of any kind. How long had he been sleeping anyway? He couldn't tell the only indication was that it was darker now than it had been when he had been arrived. Taking another few breaths he pushed the door open to completion and began making his way towards the source of the noise. Someone was really banging things around he knew now that whomever it was be them alive of living dead he needed to shut them up quickly or any walkers in the immediate vicinity would began moving this way and he wasn't in the mood to go swinging. Quicken his pace he turned a corner. One of the hospitals store rooms stood open and the noise was coming from inside. Leaning against the wall he checked behind him to ensure nothing would sneak up on him. Moving to the door he raised the bat slightly above his head and walked in preparing to whack something if he needed to. When he entered however the person in there was not who he was expecting. A woman was stood in front of him rifling something. Shutting the door quickly he grabbed her by the shoulder. "Shhhh, do you want to attract a horde of walkers." he said his voice firm but lowered so not to create even more noise.

OOC: I hope this intro is ok. Sorry I god modded slightly but if you want it changed let me know. And the layout is coming soon I promise. Oh and sorry it took like forever but thanks for being patient.

10,275 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Married 100
User Image
              PIPER.anna.JAMES-WEST
                          ( energetic ) ( intuitive ) ( sensitive )
            twenty four . pip . female . soldiers wife . #db1b51 && dark violet

10,275 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Married 100
User Image
              BLAKE.asher.WEST
                          ( impulsive ) ( reckless ) ( defensive )
            twenty seven . blake . male . soldiers brother . #581bdb && #38ab81

10,275 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Married 100
xxxxxxxxxUser Image

xxxxxxxxx RAIN SILVER WIDOWS
                    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxthe predatory vampire

xx twenty three
                    xx intuitive, confident, sensitive
                    xx sarcastic, hot headed, defensive
                    xx rain was bitten by an ex-lover who insisted that if he couldn't own her no one would
                    xx she has a fear of commitment and is worried that people will not embrace the person she is.

xxxxxxxxx cherrykezzy

10,275 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Married 100
User Image
                      ALICE JEN WIDOWS
                    → ❝ the daughter of the apothecary

NICKNAME : AL
                    PERSONALITY : INTELLIGENT ; CAUTIOUS ; DREAMER
                    POSTING COLOR : #A35B7C
                    FACE-CLAIM : EMMA WATSON
                    USERNAME : cherrykezzy

10,275 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Married 100
            User Image

♛ ⊱ alice jen widows
                                                              THE DAUGHTER OF THE APOTHECARY

NICKNAME : AL
                                                      PERSONALITY :
                                                            > INTELLIGENT ; DREAMER ; CHARMING
                                                            > CAUTIOUS ; BASHFUL ; APPREHENSIVE
                                                      USERNAME : cherrykezzy

Alice is a simple girl who lives with her father in a small two bedroom town house. Her mother has been out of her life for sixteen years, she doesn't know an awful lot about what happened to her mother simply that the woman ran off shortly after Alice's second birthday. When she was younger she always asked her father about her mother but he always gave her the same answer. "All that matters is that she delivered me an angel to care for me and guide me." As she was growing up she realised that she hadn't lost out by not having a mother in fact it was the other way around. The woman never knew her daughter and that was her fault. Alice loves her father most dearly and will always do anything and everything she can for him. They are not the richest of folks but they appreciate everything they earn and never take anything they have for granted. Her father is an apothecary and he makes his living selling herbs and medicines, any kind of remedy that is requested. Legal remedy that is. Alice grew up in the apothecary she spent most of her days with her father at the shop learning the trade for the dreaded day when her father would pass and the shop would become her. It was discovered at an early age that she was exceptionally bright and inquisitive. Her best childhood memories are of the days she went walking with her father and he would teach her about a new herb or how a simple plant could be incorporated into a lotion to help prevent itching or other kinds of ailments.

Although Alice is intelligent she is also a day dreamer. She will often be caught staring out of a window or looking at an item with a glazed look on her face. This can often get her into trouble by causing her to forget things or interrupt what she is doing. She has managed to burn herself a few times because of her day dreaming. She is also quite a lonely person she doesn't have crowds of friends, only a few close ones. Most of her time she spends helping out her father and she lives on the safe side of life. Alice wants to be outrageous and exciting but she is always aware that her father has said to her many times that he couldn't live if he ever lost his angel. Her father is the most important person in her life but that doesn't mean she isn't looking for another special person. Maybe one who could teach her to juggle her responsibilities whilst learning to love life and enjoy it rather than spending her time dreaming of excitement and other things. Alice also has a problem with talking to people she finds attractive, because she is independent most of the time she is quite bashful and shy. Blushing is one of the many things her father can't provide a remedy for and she often has spouts of blushes, something she can not easily hide. Alice is a nice girl she never says a bad word about anyone if she can help it. The one thing that will always rattle her cage is if anyone speaks a bad word about her father. Then she may offer a tongue lashing.

10,275 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Married 100
User Image

User Image
                                          The life she dreamed was not pulling into place. She had the ring, the wedding, the man she loved a child on the way. And yet she was having to let the love of her life get on a plane to go fight somebody else's war. What if he never came back, what if this night they spent together was their last. Laying in bed she felt Levi's arms wrapped around her, his two hands on her overly sized belly. He was so warm and the smell of his skin was heavenly. It was a smell that made her feel safe and loved. The clock indicated that it was early morning only a few hours left with her husband. As she thought of this her heart beat quickened and she felt as though the walls were closing in on her. She was exhausted but too afraid to close her eyes. With sleep the time would pass faster and she would be kissing Levi goodbye before she knew it, or before she wanted to. Piper couldn't stop herself from drifting into an uneasy sleep and the hours felt more like seconds. The morning of Levi's departure sped by, and she was soon clutching onto him in his uniform at the airport. She didn't want to let him go and she couldn't. The thought of him leaving, missing the birth of their child, maybe never coming back. That was too much to bear and it caused her heart to physically ache. Clutching him a little tighter she took in his scent again and clutched to that. "Make sure you come back to me, to us." She whispered in his ear a few tears rolling down her cheeks. Letting him go she gave him one last kiss goodbye. Watching him walk away was the most difficult thing she would ever do, and as if the child inside her could sense that their father was leaving the baby kicked.

------------------------------------------------------------

Time had passed in slow motion. Every day was filled with pain, regret, words unspoken and guilt for Piper. It had been about fourteen months since two military officers had turned up at her doorstep. She could remember that day like it was yesterday. It was mid afternoon and Daisy was in a fussy mood that day. She wouldn't eat and she was colicky. Piper was in the kitchen playing with Daisy while she rocked gently in her bouncer. In her hands she was holding Levi's last letter. It was dated two months ago and he was telling her about how he longed to see Piper and Daisy and how he couldn't bear missing out on so much. Two months was a long time between letters and it would be a lie to say that Piper hadn't wondered whether something awful had happened. Reading the last few lines of the letter, love to you always my darling Pip, the way Levi always ended his letters to her. A pained smile crept onto her lips. Sighing she ran her hand through her hair and focused her attention back onto her daughter. Daisy had inherited her father's eyes and smile. Then the moment that Piper wished had never come, the doorbell rang. Answering the door Piper's face fell immediately there was only one reason that two military officers would show up at your front door. "No." She said her voice breaking "Don't you dare break my heart" The tears were falling thick and fast now and there was no way of stopping them. "He promised he would come back. He promised."

That was the day that Piper's world fell apart. She would never see Levi again and she couldn't even have a funeral to lay him to rest because he was missing presumed dead. There was no way for her to cope. Even looking at her own daughter hurt because of the fact that she looked so much like her father. Piper's walls were crashing down around her and she couldn't see anyway out. Every morning she woke up hoping to see Levi sleeping next to her, every time the door bell rang she hoped it was him. Of course this was not the case. That's when Levi's brother Blake came into the picture. He took care of Piper and Daisy too. He was dealing with his own loss but somehow he numbed Piper's just a little. Just enough to cope. Months passed and Piper and Blake continued to grow closer and closer. Things happened, things that should never of happened. The guilt built up in Piper but she couldn't help it. It was the only way she could think of to keep a hold of Levi, even just a little part of him. Her other support was her best friend Jamie, Daisy's god mother. Jamie was the person who told Piper that she didn't have to feel guilty every time she smiled or laughed. Jamie was just like her sister and whenever Piper called the girl would come running. Sometimes Piper didn't feel like she deserved such a good friend.

It was mid morning and Piper was just getting out of bed. Blake had taken Daisy out for the morning deciding that Piper needed some rest. She wasn't sure why he had suggested it but Daisy was at a difficult age so she wasn't likely to pass up a chance to have a little time to herself. Climbing out of bed she made her way down to the kitchen and began making some coffee. Her stomach gave a slight rumble and she decided to look for something to eat. Opening a few cabinets she noticed just how low on food they were. Sighing she wrote a note and put it on the fridge reminding her to go grocery shopping. On top of the fridge stood a picture of Levi, Pip's eyes settled for a minuet and she had to catch her breath. Although she hadn't seen him in over a year the pain was still very real as was the love she felt for him. Shaking her head she returned to making coffee. Once she had a cup of the hard stuff she picked up her phone and dialled Jamie's number. It rung for a few times then the machine picked up. "Hey Jamie it's Pip. Listen I'm Daisy free for a few hours so you should come round and I'm sure we will find something fun to do. Anyway let me know."

Just as she hung up the phone there was a knock on the door followed quickly by another. Wondering who that could be she made her way to the front door and opened it. Looking at the person in front of her, her heart almost stopped. In front of her stood a ghost. The ghost of her hearts desire. "Is this real?" she whispered. Levi was back, how was this possible. Without thinking she pulled him into an embrace, taking in everything about him. It was amazing how much she had missed him and she was only realising the full extent of this now. "You are real. Your here. You came back." Piper was hugging him so tightly and she didn't want to let go. "How can this be?" she said "Your..... your meant to be." she couldn't finish the sentence and the tears were falling again, uncontrollably. The pain it was overwhelming but it was a helpful kind of pain, pain mixed with relief. Something she had been longing to feel for so long. "God I've missed you. I've missed you so much." She finally let him out of her arms, it was difficult to do but she needed to look at him. Just to make sure he was still there. That it was really Levi and that she wasn't hugging some random stranger, that it wasn't just a trick of the light.

OOC: Your post was good (: and it didn't take too long at all. I hope my post is ok.

» come home, come home.xxxxxxxxxxxx

10,275 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Married 100

XXTHEFUNNYMPHOMANIAC
            User Image
            ⇢ logan rivers
            ⇢ river
            ⇢ female
            ⇢ twenty one years old
            ⇢ confident, seductive, flirtatious, alluring
            ⇢ demanding, egocentric, superficial, brassy
            dating: the awkward virgin

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
      XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXcherrykezzy

10,275 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Married 100
User Image

Another late night and a few too many drinks. Another new guy, another strangers bed in a strangers apartment. Rolling out of the bed as quietly as possible, Logan pulled on the underwear that lay at the foot of the bed followed by last nights outfit. This scene wasn't knew to Logan. In fact it was quite familiar. Her own bed was hardly ever slept in and the amount of different guys she had spent the night with after knowing them for five minuets or so was as long as her body from head to toe, if not longer. She felt that the best experiences could be had with someone you hardly know, no strings attached no unmentioned promises of something more. The current guy in the bed however, was not one of the best experiences of her life. In fact he was probably one of the worst. But the situation of the hookup was not executed in her usual manner. Usually she was out looking for hookup because it was fun and released her sexual frustration and pent up energy. Last night however she had started off spending the night at her apartment with her little awkward but super hot pet project Gregoire. Things had been going good, could of been better but not bad for an awkward virgin. Then Logan had began laying the moves on him. And she has good moves no man she had met had been able to resist these moves unless they weren't into ladies of course. But Greg? Well for some reason her froze and left like a lit firework. It was ridiculous and a little offensive. So to get rid of her frustration and make herself feel better she went to her favourite bar and fell into the arms of the first stranger she could find. He of course only added to her frustration because he was a complete novice, talked to much and basically just didn't do anything for her. Ensuring that she had gathered all her belongings she took one glance at, whatever his name is to make sure he was still sleeping and left his bedroom and apartment as quietly as possible.

Walking down the streets of new york, Logan sighed thinking about the events of last night. It was the strangest thing and something even stranger than that was the fact that Logan couldn't get Greg out of her mind. She wasn't the kind of girl to dwell on a guy she just moved on to her next conquest and forgot about whomever she had last been with. Her sister had once told her that men were easy to make drool, easy to manipulate but they were dangerous for your heart. And after a few bad experiences that's the philosophy that Logan decided to live her life by. But now she was stuck thinking about Greg and wondering if she had done something wrong or had pushed him too hard too fast. "Logan stop being silly forget about him, besides it's all a dare remember." That's right a dare. A dare to turn the super inconsequential into the super elite like herself. So much easier said than done and come to think of it maybe, just maybe a little cruel but at the same time it was so much fun and something new to do. Logan and her friends had become so bored of the monotonous lifestyle of New York. It was a fun and lavish lifestyle but the parties were all the same the same people. Things just needed livening up. Besides Logan got the easy dare, Greg was a good looking guy and at times he could be quite charming. He certainly had potential. All she had to do was give him a little makeover and teach him how to be comfortable with girls. Taking his virginity would be the first step to that but the boy wasn't making it as easy for her as she had anticipated.

Finally reaching her apartment she unlocked the door and let herself in. Made some coffee and took a couple of aspirin for her pounding head before taking a shower and getting dressed for the day. Once she was dressed she looked at her watch and noticed that she was already about an hour late for work. Picking up her phone she dialled her boss' number "I'm running a little late sorry I had an appointment at the doctor's.... oh no nothing serious I will be in by midday. See you then." Logan's boss was always a little lenient on her, flirting with any guy really did have it's perks. Her job was nothing extravagant she was just a lowly personal assistant to a financial advisor. But he was a married advisor an unhappily married one. So smiling and flaunting herself got her very far in her job any time she wanted off she was allowed no questions asked. Now that her work was all sorted she wondered what she could do with herself for an hour, her head was still hurting a lot. More coffee was needed just to fully wake her. As she was acquiring more coffee her phone gave a little jingle. Picking it up she read a text from Greg. Reading it a few times she rolled her eyes, you could see how awkward and uncomfortable he was even through a text message. Part of her found it endearing and kind of cute but another part of her felt annoyed, he was making this way more difficult than it needed to be. She had to come up with a way to change him, make him more open. And maybe guilt tripping him would help. Hitting reply she quickly typed a message.

TO: Greg
                          Hey, you can think about me anyway you wish
                          (;
                          You can pick me up at seven,
                          If you can stand being around me that is
                          Logan xoxo

Hitting send Logan smiled to herself, if that wasn't a message of mixed signals then she didn't know what else would be. But mixed signals to Greg was just what he needed and also how she was feeling towards him. Maybe he would be overridden with guilt that he would let his inhibitions go for once, just long enough for her to have her way with him and win the dare. Deciding that going to work wasn't the worst idea in the world she grabbed what she needed and left the apartment.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

The rest of the day went off without a hitch. Work was dull and nothing substantial happened. The job was not fun for Logan but it paid well and helped her live her life to the fullest, just the way she liked it. Making it home she checked her watch, it had just turned six and she still needed to get ready. Tonight was going to be fun, Greg was going to be put through the ringer. He was going to learn that abruptly leaving during a make out session without any explanation was simply not acceptable. The only problem Logan had was that she needed a release, she had a lot of pent up frustration and she doubted that Greg was going to crack tonight, that only left her ex and now grope buddy Emmett. She wasn't planning to cheat on Greg and she never enjoyed the thought of being a cheat but when her and Em got together it usually lead to more than just friendly conversation. It may be difficult to believe that Logan wasn't a cheat but she never liked to limit herself to a relationship and if your not in a relationship your not cheating. Then again were Greg and Logan really in a relationship? It was formed on a dare so were they really boyfriend girlfriend material? Well he would think so, Logan wasn't quite sure and besides Greg never had to know what happened, if it did happen.

Going up to her room she began getting ready for the night ahead. She wasn't too sure what they were actually going to be doing, she knew they were going to a restaurant to begin with and then probably hitting the best places in the city. But the actual attack plan was unclear to her. After much deliberation of her wardrobe she settled on a backless sexy little black number. Checking her reflection she gave a sly smile to herself. If this didn't make Greg's jaw drop nothing would. And if it didn't work on him it would certainly get Emmett's blood pumping. She was releasing her frustration on one guy or another. Adding the finishing touches to her make up and hair Logan made her way to the living area to wait for Greg to pick her up. Hopefully he wouldn't be late because she really needed the night to get started already.

« THE FUN NYMPHOMANIAC »

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces