Welcome to Gaia! ::

Witty Humorist

Well, Loki didn’t know much about pasta since Asgard did not have a place on the diet to have much of it but it seemed Earth embraced it well enough. He seemed amused as Lana opened up about her appetite. Seeing as she had to deal with feasting on various brains, he concluded that pasta would be an easier way to conceal the truth of what she was eating. At least they were in a position where she could do so and she didn’t have to eat them just as is. Survivors in the tower, though knowing she was good, still acted a little squeamish around her during meals if they shared them with the group. ”I will try it out,” he assured his girlfriend as they all took a seat around the table to begin dinner. He personally didn’t think it looked all that impressive but it deal smell good.

Picking up a fork, he looked down at the dish expectedly before he picked up a bite and popped it into his mouth. As if testing the taste thoroughly, he mulled over the sensations occurring in his mouth as he chewed and swallowed it, and then gave a curt nod as he forked up a second bite. ”One of the better alternatives to canned foods we have had so far,” his expression was relaxed, seeming at ease with the company that he was in regardless of their troubled pasts. Lue passed a small tuba ware dish down to Lana with the same risotto inside so that she could do as she wished with it later. How thoughtful, he supposed. Although Lue and he shared a very awkward relationship with many of her quips being directed at him overreacting to his circumstances, he could now stand the girl. That and he was still fearful of the large and green monster that lurked in Banner’s bloodstream if he chose to think otherwise.

He continued to eat until an unexpected guest came in. A little girl with braids and a man by the name of Hershel, he had learned. They had met on a farm during a very rough time when all of this had started but they were good enough people. The little girl had more of an affinity for Bruce and Lue more than anything so Loki rarely paid her much mind. She was friends with Olivia since they seemed to be around the same age. He sat back in his chair and looked over to Lana after he had finished his dinner. ”Well, I suppose we can offer to clean up since we did not have a hand in cooking the meal.”[/cplor] He disliked such tedious chores but he had quickly learned that if they were going to try and stand one another then everyone needed to pull their own weight, even if Lue and Ellie had shot down Lana on making side dishes. Perhaps they were fearful something unsavory to them would have made it onto the menu. Sometimes he wondered what they really thought about Lana’s condition but he didn’t want to root distrust into their group. ”Then I suppose we can take the night to relax. Unless there was something you needed to do?” He somewhat had an idea of what to do but he knew that it depended on her answer.

Witty Humorist

”Well, if we are talking about how the army would do against the Avengers… I fear that this place is on the defense, more so than they know.” Loki responded to Lana’s comment about being slaughtered. If these people were to go up against their team then certainly a large amount of life could be at stake, unnecessarily so. Loki raised an eyebrow at the term of endearment as they walked down the main strip toward the home that the Governor had showed them to be staying in. It was there that they met him on the front porch, rounding the estate and pausing in step before reaching the steps. The Asgardian carefully looked the man up and down as he prowled back and forth along the small expanse.

Loki briefly looked over to Lana warily as he wondered what the Governor was doing here. Had he caught on to their suspicions? All they could now was play their roles as they had created, being innocent of any sort of plans to escape. ”Could we help you, Governor?” Loki then turned back to him as he paused at the top of the few steps and turned to the pair with a strained grin on his face. Loki asked politely, feigning curiosity as to why he would have stopped by their place so late if he had all of Woodbury to run.

”I was hoping you would, lovebirds,” The Governor pressed his hands into his pockets and stepped down the stairs, joining them. Loki briefly caught sight of a handgun pressed against one of his hips, holstered. ”My guards on the East walls saw you walking the perimeter like you were lookin’ for something. Why don’t I lend a hand?”

Oh, no. This sent off alarm signals in the Trickster’s head. He had to make up something quickly before the Governor decided to off them for sneaking around, or worse. His main priority was to ensure that Lana’s state was not to be discovered at all costs. Loki could transport them out of here on a whim but walking alone together in the dark was not an ideal situation to be in if you had an army coming after you. The Governor had the upper hand for now. ”In order to fit in… I was wondering if I could also take a place on your watches.”

”Hm,” the corners of the Governor’s mouth twitched upward only for a second. He looked between the two. ”To guard against say, one of the Avengers?” A heavy silence filled the air before the Governor moved to grasp onto the handle of his gun. ”You do not think that before all this mess I didn’t read or watch any news? That I wouldn’t know it was you in New York?”

Loki knew at that time that it was time to go. He couldn’t tell if the Governor was planning on making a move, or how much he had found out about their plan of getting to the farm. It didn’t matter, though. In a hurried moment, Loki twisted himself on the heels of his feet and charged towards Lana, arms outstretched until he was against her, pressing hard and almost tackling her figure, arms grabbing tightly. The world felt as if it were spinning rapidly around them and then darkness filled their visions. It was only after a moment of getting his bearings that Loki understand that he had transported them to the darkening woods with the sun sinking fast under the horizon.

”Lana…” Loki spoke to her once he realized that he was holding onto her tightly. He carefully removed his hands and inspected her to see if all parts were there. She appeared fine but he could not know what she was feeling right now without her telling him. He instead moved his hands away from her back to her shoulders with a hint of concern actually finding its way into his eyes. ”If you’re feeling well enough, we should move to warn the others as soon as possible. The dead already ignore us. And if they don’t- I’ll make sure we are both safe. But for now we can only rely on our senses to get us there.” Hopefully it would be the same as it had been in daytime where their smell was offputting the walkers. All they could do now was get to the farm before the Governor, before they decided to attack. The more time they had to formulate a plan, the better and Lana would be out of the way of those… humans… were they human, or had they lost humanity in the end days? Lana was more human than all of them put together. Loki was finding that he was hating that community and especially the man who ran it.

Witty Humorist

It felt as if everyone was staring at them. Anxiety was high. Lue couldn’t grasp onto one thought of hers for too long though she attempted it for Talia’s sake. She had jumped slightly when Talia announced that she had the keycode. She hummed an affirmation as they approached the door and got inside the huge tower with the A plastered near the roof. This had to work, sort of. Lue’s intuition was hardly wrong. When it was, things hit the fan quick. Heroes didn’t hurt those that were freaking out and not meaning to do anything dangerous, so did all the stories go. Talia and Lue had come to the conclusion that they couldn’t put stock in SHIELD on week two of their captivity. They had everything they could have asked for to survive but it wasn’t living, being stuck inside two separate rooms where they had to speak through intercoms in order to reach the outside world. They hadn’t been helping them. They had been studying them. Now, they needed someone who was willing to stand up to SHIELD and tell them what they were doing was wrong.

They looked like everyday citizens of New York as they slipped inside to the masses of pencil skirts and dark suits. She wore a pair of dark jeans and a cream colored v-neck with a brown leather jacket over it. However, their attire didn’t conceal the fact that they seemed to be internally struggling. Frowning, Lue placed a hand on her adoptive sister’s shoulder as a reassurance while they slyly moved towards the lift that would hopefully take them to some form of relief from this madness that… well, she couldn’t understand. She hated not being able to rationalize it but she couldn’t even begin with what had happened to them. Like Talia, there was a black hole within her chain of memories. There were a few important links missing and she wanted them back. It hurt to try to get them back.

”Stop fretting over me and worry about yourself.” She said as she gave a careful look around. Lue would have offered her headphones that were stuffed in her pockets, music, something that might help block out the stampede of thoughts that came rushing to Tali’s head but now wasn’t the time. As for her, she had already managed to get them kicked out of a few cabs on the way here from managed to make the car jump as it drove the busy streets… and other things, like carts, newspaper boxes, the works.

Lue felt a sense of relief as Talia said the man would help them with the elevator. Lue got inside but felt a sense of dread when the two doors slid closed. She continuously told herself that she needed to keep calm. Something that was a small box that could travel only up and down wasn’t the most ideal of places to be when she couldn’t control herself and her ability to literally just shove things around, and with great force at times.

Trying to restrain herself always caused a sever pounding in her head. Lue didn’t realize that trickles of blood had made it from her nose down towards her upper lip in the meantime as the lift jolted to a stop on the top floor. When the doors opened, they didn’t look too friendly as the two girls stood there with a man who had crumpled up, getting as small as he possibly could in one corner on the floor of the elevator.

And then there was Tony Stark, staring at them. He was standing right in front of the elevator with one of his iron hands, pulsar held up and at the ready. Lue immediately raised one hand defensively, but fished in her right pocket for a small wallet, which she pulled out and flipped open. Holding it up, it revealed a SHIELD agent badge and then her ID on the bottom half.

”I reeeally wouldn’t do that because-,” and then it happened. Tony flung across the room, passed the glass contained lab and to the other side of the room against a wall. Quite hard, as he stumbled forward but at least didn’t lose his footing in the process. Green eyes widening, she dropped her badge and held both hands up now. ”I didn’t mean that! I’m sorry! I-We can’t control it and SHIELD is not doing anything about it so we REALLY need some help in getting it under control before something terrible happens.” She was speaking a mile a minute but she thought it would be best before someone decided to roundhouse kick her in the face, or shoot her with an arrow, or whatever else they could do to them.

A harsh creaking could be heard overhead on the elevator. Shifting her head to look up, Lue gasped and grabbed onto her sister’s arms firmly and shoved her forward before she flung her own self out of the lift. The man followed suit with no one carrying him but it appeared as if someone as picking him up like a rag doll and just tossing him aside like a toy that a child no longer wanted to play with. It was just in time as the cables that held the elevator up on the top floor snapped and the elevator came crashing down the length of the tower. A loud slam and banging of metal could be heard from down below. Lue hoped that no one was hurt. Turning over on the floor, nose still bleeding, she gasped for air and pressed her hands up to the sides of her head. ”Stop. I just want it to stop!”

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff