Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fanatical Bibliophile

Hello Hello.
These are my tests.
Profiles, Post Styles.... Whatever.
If you are not an approved poster, do not post here.
If you are not me, DO NOT STEAL! I will not be nice if I discover my tests have been stolen.... >.>

Fanatical Bibliophile

ANIMAUX ISLAND RP CHARA 2

Everyone is a genius at least once a year. The real geniuses simply have their bright ideas closer together.

User Image xxxxxxxxxUser Image xxxxxxxxxUser Image

Cut along the line ✂------------------------------------------------------------

xxxHayvn Omunohane
xxxNineteen
xxxFemale
xxxTeacher
xxxAfrican Grey

User Image
xxxxLet's get down to businessxxxx

This Is Who I Am. . . Hayvn is one of those girls that one simply does not know what to expect. During the daylight hours, she tends to be quieter than most, studious, calm, and a bit of a bookworm. She keeps to herself, is a highly intelligent and responsible person, and an avid reader. Every book she can lay her hands on, she reads, which is why she's almost always found at library if she's not teaching at the school. She loves to study, to learn, and to spread that knowledge and teach others. It was the most logical choice to ask her to teach.

Ask her about a subject, any subject, and she will be able to talk about it to at least some extent, giving facts and figures relevant to the conversation at hand. The only exception? She struggles with talking about herself, and cannot talk about what she is really feeling, making her come off as a very private person.

After dark, watch out! An almost complete persona shift. She really changes into somewhat of a party girl, and is energetic and passionate. She loves dancing, singing, and just having fun, no matter the source. She tends, however, to overdo it, and wears herself out fairly early in the night, even when she doesn't work the next day.

My Life In The Past. . .
                            When Hayvn was just a few hours, her mother decided that she was destined for greatness. Already, she was showing great signs of high intelligence and a determination to learn, and it was these traits that her mother expounded upon in the years to come.

Father was never part of the picture, and to this day, Hayvn still has no idea who he was.

Her early years were marked with rapid development. She was crawling by six months, speaking clearly by eighteen months, and reading at a second grade level by the time she was thirty months. But, sometimes, the other children on the island were intimidated by her, and kept away from her. Even some of the adults reacted poorly to her intelligence and determination. Thus why Hayvn felt the need to be a fun, spontaneous child during the hours that her mother wasn't pushing education and intellectual activities on her, just to make friends.

Hayvn graduated from the Animaux Island school system by the time she was thirteen, and dove headfirst into studying subjects not taught there, curious and amazed at the world around them. She learned and became fluent in a variety of languages, studying history, math, and science, anything she could get her hands on. At sixteen, when she was just starting on ancient civilizations, she was approached by a member of the school board, who informed her that the previous teacher was retiring, and he had suggested they ask her to come and teach. She readily accepted, excited to share her knowledge with the children in her care.

«xcdxOther Infoxcdx»

Likes. . .Studying, Reading any number of books in the library, Languages, Math, Dancing and just having fun, Children

Dislikes. . .Being a social outcast, disrespecting authority (including hers), not understanding something, people who disregard educational values

Birthday. . . Spring 5

Habits. . . Even in the middle of the night, Hayvn will always have at least one book with her. But don't ask her about it, or you will get a long-winded explanation about the book itself, and her opinions on the subject matter. When concentrating, whether reading or otherwise, she absentmindedly stroke the grey feathers on her wings.

Theme Song. . .Things I'll Never Say ~ Avril Lavigne

Oops! I forgot. . . Hayvn has a huge crush on Stefan, the inn-owner and part time assistant at the library. She met him years ago, and has since gotten to know him, but struggles to admit to herself that she likes him.

Username. . . Marion-san

Fanatical Bibliophile

CELESTIAL CIRCLE RP

Name: Aidyn Elias Xanderson
Height: 6'5
Sign/Planet: Aries
Orientation: Straight, but a little bi-curious
Personality: Kind-hearted to a fault, Aidyn is a intelligent, determined, ambitious sort of man. He finds himself drawn to challenges and trials, detemined to succeed and make the outcome into what he needs at the time. Got a problem? Don't just leave it! Nothing drives Aidyn more insane than letting a problem just fester. Taking action is the only way to solve things. If it is within his power, he will fix it.
Biography: Aidyn was born to and raised by an intelligent, promiscuous young woman. She was twenty one that spring morning she gave birth to him, and, unfortunately, never knew which of the young men she had been seeing was his father. She raised him alone, intent on being a strong, independent person, qualities she worked hard to instill in her son throughout the years until her untimely death when he was fifteen. He raised himself after that, living on his own with occasional visits from the State, who were pleasantly surprised to see that he could hold his own at such a young age.
xxxxBy the time he was three, Aidyn was reading on a second grade level, and was already chewing through educational activities like they were candy. He worked hard, studying a variety of subjects, languages, and activities, hunting for something that would focus his passions. Math was wonderful, seeing as there was always some sort of solution to the problems presented, if one just had the determination to try, try again to find the answer. Diagnostic medicine intrigued him, as he saw it as and opportunity to find and solve the mysteries of the human condition. Astronomy was fascinating, seeing the chance to explore the mysteries of the fascinating universe. So many options, he could barely decide. He entered college at the age of sixteen as a pre-medical student, with a minor in astrological physics. He graduated college three years later, and entered Med school just a few months afterwards. He was just a few months shy of finishing his program (also early), when the call came to evacuate and he was taken to the Celestial Circle as the new guardian of Aries.
xxxxIn his freetime, Aidyn had found joy in hiking and climbing, two activities that let him reach new heights and change his perspective, for at least a time, on the world, and on his life.
Special Abilities/Skills: Aidyn is an excellent climber, and can reach new heights with little exertion. His mind is analytical, and hunts for solutions to problems automatically. He is still learning how to control it, and is working on developing more skills, but, when he focuses, his eyes seem to light up and he can start fires easily in the palm of his hands. As such, he is also developing a resistance to heat and fire.
Pets: None for now.
Misc: After coming to live as the guardian of Aries, Aidyn started getting these splitting headaches. One morning, he woke up, and discovered the reason behind them: he had grown the horns of a ram!
Played by: Marion-san
Picture: Aidyn

Fanatical Bibliophile

MINT COURT

User Image

My name is...
                                          Analyse "Ana" Debracchio

My special day is since...
                                          October 27th

When I was born the doctor said I was a...
                                          Girl

════════════════════════════════════════════════

I'm this tall...
                                          I stand five feet, two inches tall.

I weigh...
                                          That is none of your business. I'm a lady! You never should ask a lady for her weight!

The letter of my blood is...
                                          AB Negative. Rare. I know.

I have this many candles on my cake...
                                          Seventeen (soon to be eighteen at month's end)

My...romantic preference?...
                                          I'm into guys. Usually.

I was born and raised in...
                                          Born and mostly raised in Auckland, New Zealand. We moved to Lake Havasu, Arizona when I was thirteen.

Man, I hate my boss, why'd I become a...
                                          Sales Representative at the Hershey's Store in Times Square

People think of me as this...
                                          People usually take one look at me and think of one of two things: that I'm a dumb blonde who is trying to hard, or that I am some California girl wannabe. Neither of which, of course, are true. I am an outgoing, vivacious, intelligent young adult. My hair color has nothing to do with how smart or how dumb I am. Get it? Got it? Good. Moving on.

I can be a little shy at first, especially around a cute boy that I'm crushing on, but once you get to know me, watch out. I can talk your ear off. Seriously. The trick is knowing how to get me to shut up. Really. I put on a happy face, even when I'm in pain and sad, because I don't want people to worry about me. That's not what they're there for anyways. Right?

The story of my life is…
                                          I was born to a wonderful, beautiful mother on October 27th, 1994. Yes. You read that right. There was no father to be had. At the time. My mother did her damnedest to raise me, and she did very well, instilling me with many of her own passions. But we'll come back to that. We lived right in the heart of downtown Auckland, and I really would not have it any other way. The city was the best. so much better than the country.

Anyways, not too long after I turned eleven, my mother met a man. Darren. Lamest excuse for a man that I think you will ever meet, but we'll come back to that. He seduced my mother, and convinced her to marry him. Two years later, following his job transfer, Darren moved us across the ocean to a city by the lakeside. Darren worked across the border in California for some company or another, leaving my very pregnant mom and me in Arizona. Soon thereafter, my mother gave birth to my little brother Allen, who quickly became the light of their lives. I was quickly reduced to feeling like nothing more than a glorfied, free babysitter. But the kid was cute, and won my heart as well.

Remember what I said about him being the lamest excuse for a man? Well, let me tell you. Darren was all too sweet, all too kind to my mother when they were dating, often taking her places to keep her away from me. When we were alone on those rare occasions, he would make comments that were cruel and uncalled for, and often make unfatherly advances towards me. Mother would not listen to me, however, and they were married in spite of my protestations. That was when it got worse. Darren abused me. Mentally, physically, sexually.... But mother was afraid of him, and did nothing even I showed her the evidence. I still hate the man. I had to protect Allen from my stepfather, or so I thought. Far as I could tell, however, Allen was never touched in such a way. Maybe because Allen was his son. And I was just an extra mouth to feed.

I first visited New York City with my choir class when I was sixteen, a junior in high school. I fell in love with the city lights, and the shows on Broadway. It was then and there that I swore to myself I would come and be a singer. Sing, dance, and act on Broadway. As soon as I turned eighteen, I was leaving the house. And that would be the end of it. I graduated a year later, about five months ago, and was just counting down the days until my birthday so I could actually get up here and go for it.

That all changed a few weeks later. My stepfather had taken my mother and my half brother down to the lake one afternoon when I was at work in celebration of Allen's fifth birthday. There was an accident on the lake. They say my mother was killed instantly. Allen died a few days later from injuries sustained from the crash. They never found Darren. I'm still afraid of that man. I was almost an adult, and told the caseworkers what my plans were. They vouched for me, and helped me get into this apartment complex with the understanding that I was almost eighteen, and could handle myself fairly well.

I guess we'll see what happens.

My likes are…

✧Singing -- I've been in choirs for years and perform solos from time to time.
                                ✧Dancing -- Choreography and I just click. I love it.
                                ✧Acting -- But not in the movies. I much prefer live theatre.
                                ✧Asian Delicacies
                                My dislikes are...

✦Darren. I think there needs to be no other explanation to this. Period.
                                ✦Filth -- I am a bit OCD when it comes to cleanliness.
                                ✦Scary Stories
                                ✦Getting up in front of people with nothing to do or say.
                                My heart belongs to...
                                          The stage. Maybe one day there will be someone in my life, but for now...?

My strings are pulled by…

Marion-san

Fanatical Bibliophile

MINT COURT 2

User Image

My name is...
                                          Xelphin "Zee" Aumanil

My special day is since...
                                          April 13th

When I was born the doctor said I was a...
                                          Human. Oh. Wait. You want me to say 'Boy'.

I'm this tall...
                                          I stand six feet even.

I weigh...
                                          Enough. About one hundred and fifty three pounds, alright?

The letter of my blood is...
                                          A Positive

I have this many candles on my cake...
                                          Twenty Two

My...romantic preference?...
                                          I'm into both, though I tend to prefer men.

I was born and raised in...
                                          Born in Juneau, Alaska. Raised in Los Angeles, California.

Man, I hate my boss, why'd I become a...
                                          Part-time wedding liason at the Plaza hotel and a full-time street magician

People think of me as this...
                                          Why don't you take a minute and actually talk to me. Find out for yourself? Or do you really think you can glean who I am based on a few words on the paper? No? Ugh. Fine.

I am a bit of anti-socialite, much prefering the background in conversation rather than the forefront. It is not because I am shy or anything. It is simply because I don't like to talk. I'm a thinker. A performer. I am a creative talent, and enjoy creating and trying out new tricks for my magic shows. Seriously. I always have a deck of cards with me, and am usually found playing with them while I think. Some say I'm angry at the world, and more than a little abrasive with my words. In truth, I kinda am. But that is not the extent of who I am. I am a passionate guy, a bit of a flirt, and, once you get to know me and I let you in, kindhearted to a fault.

There. Glean what you will from that. I'm much more complicated than words can describe.

The story of my life is…
                                          I was born. I grew up. I am now me.

Again. Why do I have to tell you this? But since you probably aren't going to go away until I give in... I was born on Friday the 13th during a late season blizzard up in southern Alaska. Mom died a few hours later, and Dad took me home. We moved a couple months later because it was too painful for him to be up there where she was. Or so he said. I would not remember. I was still a baby.

Time passed, and I went to a Private Catholic School. I won't say I excelled, but I did alright. Dad says the nuns kept telling him I hung out with all the wrong people. Which I suppose I did in their eyes. But I was not just some boring kid, and did not want to have some boring life. So I made friends that were sure to be fun loving, just like me. I graduated somewhere in the middle, completely average in my education.

I am a magician. Not even an aspiring one. I am good at what I do, and have yet to have someone pick up on how my tricks were done. Sure. They all think they know. But they don't. not really. My dream is to one day be the largest name in magic history. And I'll get there someday. Soon as I can find someone to recognize the talent that I have. No. I did not want to start in Vegas, because that is where almost every magician and their mothers start. I wanted a challenge. So New York City it was.

I landed a part time position at the Plaza Hotel, helping to handle the bookings and other deals of the various weddings that come through the building. Sometimes they have me on the desk, checking people in and out, but usually I deal with the weddings. I spend most of my free time on the streets, performing card tricks for tips. One day I'll have my own show.

I've lived here in this apartment complex for almost two years now. And that story about the nurse that came to my apartment? Totally true. so if you know what's good for you, you'd best stay out of my way, or you just might not ever be seen again either.

My likes are…
                                ✧ Magic
                                ✧ Playing Cards
                                ✧ Challenges
                                ✧ Black and Red

My dislikes are...
                                ✦ Intellecutals
                                ✦ Taking the easy way to do things
                                ✦ Weddings
                                ✦ People prying into my business.

My heart belongs to...
                                          Me. So back off.

My strings are pulled by…

Marion-san

Fanatical Bibliophile

User Image
                                                αηαʆɣsҽ ʠҽҍɼαҫҫɧϊσ
                                                ✾•·.·´¯`·.·• •·.·´¯`·.·•✾

Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text

Sticks and stones won't break my soul
Get out of the way; I'm invincible

User Image xxxxx User Image xxxxx User Image

I can be found: ≼ ≽ xxxxxx I am with: ≼≽
≼≼OOC: ≽≽

[imgleft]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v143/Marion-san/Anime2134-1.jpg[/imgleft]
[list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][align=center][i][color=#4863A0][size=20]αηαʆɣsҽ ʠҽҍɼαҫҫɧϊσ[/size][/color]
[color=#153E7E][size=13]✾•·.·´¯`·.·• •·.·´¯`·.·•✾[/size][/color][/i][/align]
[size=10]
[/size][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]
[align=center][i][color=#153E7E][size=13]✾•·.·´¯`·.·• •·.·´¯`·.·•✾[/size][/color][/i]
[i][color=#153E7E][size=12]Sticks and stones won't break my soul
Get out of the way; I'm invincible[/size][/i]

[align=center] [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v143/Marion-san/BlueRose100100Reflect.jpg[/img] [color=white]xxxxx[/color] [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v143/Marion-san/100x100Music.jpg[/img] [color=white]xxxxx[/color] [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v143/Marion-san/BlueRose100100.jpg[/img]

[size=8][color=#4863A0]I can be found:[/color] ≼ ≽ [color=white]xxxxxx[/color] [color==#4863A0]I am with:[/color] ≼≽
≼≼OOC: ≽≽[/size][/align]

Fanatical Bibliophile

User Image
                                            ЖєɭΡɧῐɳ Ѧυɱαɳῐɭ
                                            —¤÷(`[¤* *¤]´)÷¤—

Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text

—¤÷(`[¤* *¤]´)÷¤—
I put a spell on you,
And now you're mine!

User Image xxxxx User Image xxxxx User Image

I can be found: ≰ ≱ xxxxxx I am with: ≰ ≱
≰≰OOC: ≱≱

[imgleft]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v143/Marion-san/Xelphin2.jpg[/imgleft]
[list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][align=center][i][color=#c11b17][size=20]ЖєɭΡɧῐɳ Ѧυɱαɳῐɭ[/size][/color]
[color=#E56717][size=13]—¤÷(`[¤* *¤]´)÷¤—[/size][/color][/i][/align]
[size=10]
[/size][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]
[align=center][i][color=#E56717][size=13]—¤÷(`[¤* *¤]´)÷¤—[/size][/color][/i]
[i][color=#c11b17][size=12]I put a spell on you,
And now you're mine![/size][/i]

[align=center] [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v143/Marion-san/cards100x100.jpg[/img] [color=white]xxxxx[/color] [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v143/Marion-san/magic100x1002.jpg[/img] [color=white]xxxxx[/color] [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v143/Marion-san/cards100x100.jpg[/img]

[size=8][color=#c11b17]I can be found:[/color] ≰ ≱ [color=white]xxxxxx[/color] [color=#c11b17]I am with:[/color] ≰ ≱
≰≰OOC: ≱≱[/size][/align]

Fanatical Bibliophile

Name: Ikaroa "Ro" Ngata
Height: 5'3
Sign/Planet: Pisces
Orientation: Bisexual
Personality: Due to the nature of his disability, he has a hardtime making friends, but when he does, he is attached to them rather thoroughly as a completely loyal and almost subordinate friend. He is a very gentle creature, and very easygoing, prefering to just go with the flow rather than fight the stream. Ro is understandably quiet, and often found immersed in some sort of art project or another. Sculpting, painting, drawing, you name it. Ro will attempt it. He doesn't mind getting dirty, though he will tend to try and avoid it. Expect to find him with some streaks of color from his painting in his hair.
Bio: Ikaroa was born prematurely to a woman of a southern New Zealand Maori tribe. He grew slowly, always the runt of the litter, but made up for his lack of physical presence with his creative ingenuity and prowress. He could draw and paint from a young age, and loved to experiment with color and texture from a young age.
xxxxUnfortunately, that skill alone did not spare the child from tragedy. Shortly after Ro turned three, his mother decided she wanted a change in her life, and moved the two of them to Auckland, leaving the tribe behind to try and make it on her own. Which she did. For several months. One fateful winter night, when he and his mother were walking home, a car hit a patch of ice wrong. It spun out of control, coming straight for the young family. Eyewitnesses say that his mother had attempted to protect him, but his head still cracked against the pavement and, as they found out much later, permanently damaged his hearing.
xxxxRo was left alone, and sent to live with the other orphans.
xxxxSoon, an older American couple came through his new resisdence, and immediately took a liking to the artistic, quiet child. They set to work on the papers, and took him to their home in Portland, Maine as their son. They taught him a way to communicate with the world, and helped him to start interacting with people again.
xxxxTragedy struck once more when Ro was seventeen. The trio had gone south to visit Gallaudet University in Washington DC to investigate their programs for the deaf. He was, after all, graduating soon, and was going to be attending college there, he had hoped. But a random mugging on the subway while visiting the sites had left him injured and orphaned once more. His case worker, seeing that he turned eighteen within the next weeks, offered him a chance to go on a voyage to save the planet. And he did. He turned eighteen just two days before the shuttle took off, and the rest, as they say, is history.
Special Abilities/Skills: Since his arrival on the planet, when under water, he does not need to come up for air for about fifteen minutes, being able to pull a significant oxygen directly from the water itself. When in or touching water, he can sense a great deal of vibrations with stunning accuracy as to who or what is making them, and where to the exact spot. He can also turn any water that he touches into ice, and is in training to use ice daggers as a line of defense.
Pets: He keeps a large fish tank filled with exotic looking fish in his bedroom on Pisces.
Misc: Ro has been deaf since he was three, when an accident damaged the hearing centers of his brain. As such, unfortunately, he was not a candidate for cochlear implants, and thus never recieved them, so he has not heard a thing since the accident. He can speak, but rarely does, because he is self concious of what his voice would sound like. He can lipread, but not proficiently enough to get by, which is why he is almost always accompanied by a Natice Piscean interpreter (Eylia) that was taught Sign Language after his arrival on Pisces.
Picture: Ikaroa & Eylia

Fanatical Bibliophile

User Image
                                                ɪҜɑɼσɑ Ƞɠɑʈɑ

By deafness, one gains in one respect more than one loses; one misses more nonsense than sense
Just to note -- "Speech" ; "Signing with someone" ; Written. Otherwise, Elyia will translate.

[imgleft]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v143/Marion-san/CCRo.jpg[/imgleft]
[list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][align=center][i][color=#4863A0][size=20]ɪҜɑɼσɑ Ƞɠɑʈɑ[/size][/color]
[color=#153E7E][size=13]✾•·.·´¯`·.·• •·.·´¯`·.·•✾[/size][/color][/i][/align]
[size=10]
[/size][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]
[align=center][i][color=#153E7E][size=13]✾•·.·´¯`·.·• •·.·´¯`·.·•✾[/size][/color][/i]
[i][color=#153E7E][size=12]By deafness, one gains in one respect more than one loses; one misses more nonsense than sense[/size][/i]
[size=8]Just to note -- "[color=#4863a0]Speech[/color]" ; "[color=#4863a0][i]Signing with someone[/i][/color]" ; [color=#4863a0][i]Written[/i][/color]. Otherwise, [url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v143/Marion-san/CCEylia.jpg]Elyia[/url] will translate.

[align=center] [size=8][color=#4863A0]I can be found:[/color] ≼ ≽ [color=white]xxxxxx[/color] [color=#4863A0]I am with:[/color] ≼≽

Fanatical Bibliophile

Ω xxx Aeslyn Rae Taylor xxx Ω

φ xx Twenty xx φ xx Female xx φ xx Daughter of Hypnos xx φ xx Against the Gods xx φ

User Image
                                    Ψ All About Me. . .I am one of those people that sits in the back of the classroom, or the corner of the room somewhere. Not because I'm shy or anything. No. But because I am just sooo tired. The teachers in school were so surprised, and often told me I was cheating. Silly teachers. Just because I sleep in your classroom does not mean that I am not paying attention. I am highly intelligent, so that have something to do with my better than decent grades and remaining at the top of the class in spite of my sleeping through class.

So let's see. What else can I tell you otherwise. I'm smart, I'm sleepy. Oh. I'm one of those girls you really don't want to screw with. I may come off all sweet and demure, a little lolita girl, but when you get in my face, you'd better be watching yourself. I am not to be trifled with by any accounts. Light and speedy, I can hit you hard where it will hurt the worst and be gone before you recover. So don't screw with me.

Ψ Everyone Has A History. . .Almost twenty one years ago, there was a young woman who spent many of her waking hours asleep. She would go to work, and then come home and sleep. It was a wonder when she turned up pregnant. Honestly, her family never never saw her go out, ever, so when she started blossoming with child, it was more than just a little surprising. "I met him in my dreams," she told her family. And he left her with child.

Aeslyn was born to this woman. A child being born in such a home, where the mother was either always asleep or working, was not exactly nourishing, The lack of a mother's love or caring hand never did bother her, however. From birth, Aeslyn slept straight through the night. Strange, for a newborn, who would normally wake every few hours for feedings. Year after year, anyone watching her would noticed that Aeslyn slept nearly double the average amount of time that a child her age and size would.

During school, she would often fall asleep. After months of trying, however, the teachers would just give up trying to keep her awake and up. She did so well on the tests in spite of everything, so why not let her rest? She seemed so tired all the time, so oh well, they decided. She skipped ahead, and graduated high school at fifteen. She entered college, and breezed right through those courses as well, graduating with honors at eighteen with a degree in psychology.

Aeslyn meant enter the work force as a young businesswoman, but she was soon fired from her first job. Sleeping on the job was frowned upon after all. That was the same reason given when she lost her second, and her third job. Her fourth job, she lost because everyone seemed so bored with her singing that they would fall asleep during her shows. How rude and uncouth. Though, because of her voice, she was approached by a company that produced lullabys. She excelled in this, but it was not enough and she could not find a job that would sustain her and still allow her to sleep as much as she wanted. Agitated, Aeslyn went to work and tried her hand at writing a novel. Luck would have it, and she wrote a bestseller, presenting it to the public under a penname. She is currently working on a new novel, mostly content.

But she is quickly getting annoyed with the world as it is right now. So noisy. The raging in the streets outside her apartment would often wake her, even in the dead of night, and it had only gotten worse as chaos entered the realm. Oh damn the world. If only there was a place to get away from all of this! Or, better yet, if only there was a way to shut the world up. Permanently.

Ψ Unique Things I Can Do. . . Aeslyn has the sweetest of singing voices with what could be an alarming trait. When she starts to sing, her listeners find themselves getting heavy-eyed and exhausted, to the point that some of them will long to fall asleep within just a few minutes of listening to her. The longer they listen to her in one steady go, the more sleepy they become. If not stopped, or gotten away from, her singing will put someone to sleep after a time, much like a mother's lullaby.

ξ xxLikes. . .Quiet, Sleep, Daydreams, Peace, Quiet
      ξ xxLoves. . .Dreaming, Sleep
      ξ xxDislikes. . .Noise, Frightening moments, Daylight, School, Work
      ξ xxAbhors. . .Being awake
      ξ xxFears. . .Nightmares
      ξ xxHabits. . . Aeslyn will almost always be carrying a stuffed animal of some sort. Her favorite, however, is a stuffed black bear wearing a red vest and bowler hat, peering at you behind a pair of spectacles.
      ξ xxPuppeteer. . .Marion-san

Ω xxx Life is something to do when you can't get to sleep. xxx Ω

Fanatical Bibliophile

Ѧҽʂʆɣη Ȓɑҽ Ҭɑɣʆσɼ
☆·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.☾.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.☆

User Image
                                      Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text

Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text

Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text Text

☆·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.☽.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.☆
Life is something to do when you can't get to sleep.

[align=center][i][color=#800517][size=20]Ѧҽʂʆɣη Ȓɑҽ Ҭɑɣʆσɼ[/size][/color]
[color=#c11b17][size=13]☆·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.☾.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.☆[/size][/color][/i][/align]
[imgleft]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v143/Marion-san/Aeslyn.jpg[/imgleft][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][color=#646D7E][size=10]
[/size][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/color]
[align=center][i][color=#c11b17][size=13]☆·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.☽.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.☆[/size][/color][/i]
[i][color=#800517][size=12]Life is something to do when you can't get to sleep.[/size][/i]

[align=center] [size=8][color=#800517]I can be found:[/color] ≼ ≽ [color=white]xxxxxx[/color] [color=#800517]I am with:[/color] ≼≽

Fanatical Bibliophile

Ѧҽʂʆɣη Ȓɑҽ Ҭɑɣʆσɼ
☆·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.☾.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.☆

User Image
                                      The fog had entered a tiny, one bedroom apartment on the outskirts of New York City, and kidnapped a tiny, youthful looking girl who was fast asleep in bed. Sure, it was the middle of the day, but she was still completely out, sleeping peacefully from a long day’s work. Three hours of writing just takes a lot out of a girl these days.

The fog dissipated, leaving the girl half-asleep in the grass in the middle of a rather large, rather noisy crowd of confused and frightened demigods. The noise was all too much, and fully woke the girl, much to her extreme annoyance. A pair of crystalline, jade green eyes opened slowly as she pushed herself to a sit on her knees, surveying their surroundings, completely annoyed with what they were seeing. These humans were pathetic and annoying, with their loud sniveling and whining. Then there were those two voices, who were louder than everything else. Honestly, could people just not keep quiet so she could some sleep? She was exhausted.

She sighed, pushing herself up to her feet and brushing off her long skirt as she swept her favorite teddy bear into her arms and started thinking about what was said. Okay. So they were in a maze. To test their strengths as children of the gods. Silly. Why not just pit them up against monsters and see what happens? It would certainly be quieter around here, then. But children of the gods… the idea was intriguing. It would also likely explain why she had never met her father in her mortal existence, but often dreamed of the man her mother once told her about. She had always attributed the dreams to wishful thinking, unrequited hopes, but maybe they were a sign, telling her she was more than what she realized.

Ha. As if.

Obviously this was some kind of mistake. She was just a sleepy girl from New York City, intent on living her life out in comfort one way or another. How could she possibly be a daughter of a god? Or goddess, if that was how it was (Hey. Stranger things have happened… Like the idea behind immaculate conception)? But mistake or not, she was stuck here until she could get out and move on. One way or another. Hmmph. “Stupid gods” she muttered under her breathe, wandering the edge of their starting point, trying to determine which path would be the best to leave this place. “Messing with my nap….”

But the choice was quickly taken out of her hands by the descent of a flock of shrieking women. Yes, a flock. There was just no other word to describe their grouping. Tall women with talons and wings… Oh crap. Harpies. And they were obviously hungry, or out to play. Or something. Perfect. Just perfect. Aeslyn turned on her heel and darted into the nearest path to get away from the shrieking flock and screaming demigods.

After a good twenty yards or so, Aeslyn slowed and looked behind her. Good. Not one of the creatures had followed her. They must have been too busy with the others back in the clearing. She winced at the idea, and felt a strange pang of pity for them for a moment, until she remembered how annoyed she was with their noise level.

She looked around, and sighed heavily. “Well, Mr Turnaprass. This path is just as a good as any. You think?” she said, turning her bear around so she could speak directly to him. Mr Turnaprass was dressed in his usual: A red vest, a bowler hat, and a pair of spectacles that almost hid the twinkling of his eye. “I agree though. Maybe we should sing and calm ourselves as we walk” She gave him a tight squeeze, mostly for her own comfort and wellbeing. “You always have the best of ideas.”

She gently turned Mr Turnaprass back around in her arms, so his back was to her ruffled collar as she started walking forward through the maze, singing]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgEvLPLTuU8]singing as she went.

☆·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.☽.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.☆
Life is something to do when you can't get to sleep.

I can be found: ≼ Wandering a quieter (for now) part of the maze. ≽ xxxxxx I am with: ≼ No one at the moment. ≽

Fanatical Bibliophile

User Image

▁▂▃▅▆▇ Ikaroa "Ro" Ngata ▇▆▅▃▂▁

Psychic -- Unregistered -- Civilian

Sexuality: Bisexual

Personality: Due to the nature of his disability, and his identity as a psychic on the run, he has a hard time making friends, but when he does, he is attached to them rather thoroughly as a completely loyal and almost subordinate friend. He is a very gentle creature, and very easygoing, prefering to just go with the flow rather than fight the stream. Ro is understandably quiet, and often found immersed in some sort of art project or another when not fleeing for his life. He doesn't mind getting dirty, though he will tend to try and avoid it. Expect to find him with some streaks of color from his painting in his hair.

History:Ikaroa was born prematurely to a woman of a southern New Zealand Maori tribe who had come to the United States in search of a better life after her husband died. While she was still pregnant with him, she moved herself and his big sister, Elyia, to the outskirts of Sector 9. Ro was born just a few months later. He grew slowly, always the runt of the litter, but made up for his lack of physical presence with his creative ingenuity and prowress. He could draw and paint from a young age, and loved to experiment with color and texture.

Unfortunately, that skill alone did not spare the child from tragedy. Shortly after Ro turned one, his mother decided she wanted yet another change in her life, and moved the three of them to Sector 1, leaving behind anyone who wanted to help her and her young children in an effort to try and make it on her own. Which she did. For several months. Elyia was old enough for school, Ro went into daycare, and their mother worked long days as a dental assistant. One fateful winter night, when he and his mother were walking home to join Elyia for dinner, a car hit a patch of ice wrong. It spun out of control, coming straight for the young family. Eyewitnesses say that his mother had attempted to protect him, but his head still cracked against the pavement and, as they found out much later, permanently damaged his hearing.

At the tender age of two, Ro was left alone, and left in the care of his big sister, who was only five at the time, and the state.

Soon, an older couple came through their new residence, and immediately took a liking to the artistic, quiet child. They set to work on the papers, and took him and his sister (for Ro was fairly vocal when it came to their separation) to their home in Sector 3 as their children. They taught him a way to communicate with the world, and helped him to start interacting with people again.

Shortly after Ro turned fifteen, however, Elyia started noticing a few strange things about her quiet brother. First, he seemed to not come up for air as often when he was swimming. Then, he would almost seem to notice her if she climbed into the pool with him. But the final straw came when she saw a trail of water follow him out of the pool. Not just a little puddle, but a full trail. Like a tiny river that was three inches deep. It was then that Elyia realized what was going on, and knew what could happen to him. Would he be deemed as too strong? Could he be killed because he couldn't exactly follow direct vocal orders? Even if they joined the rebels, Ro could be taken away from her. She was frightened, and just could not allow anything to happen to him.

In the dead of the night, they packed up a few sparse belongings and fled.

Since then, there have been several close calls with the Redeemers, but thanks to Elyia's quick thinking, they managed to evade them for a long time, living on the outskirts of society. Elyia would often go into town, leaving Ro by a pool or a lake so people couldn't sneak up on him, work for scraps, and return home to move them along again. It worked on so many levels, allowing them to live and stay together.

But then, just a few days ago, just a few days after his eighteenth birthday, Elyia didn't come home. She didn't come retrieve him. In her place came a few Redeemers, and Ro was left to run. He barely managed to escape by diving into the lake he was waiting near, and swimming out to the center, going deep and swimming across. Thank goodness he had his dagger, as it helped him to get away from the one Redeemer that was able to get deep enough to grab him. He managed to survive, but just barely.

The problem now was...just where was Elyia?

Powers/Weapons: Water Manipulation -- Survival skills: When under water, he does not need to come up for air for about ten minutes, being able to pull a significant oxygen directly from the water itself. This becomes more strained when he is over-exerting hmself (much like how a runner might become out of breathe when he is running at full speed for an extended time). When in or touching water, he can sense a great deal of vibrations with stunning accuracy as to who or what is making them, and where to almost the exact spot, provided they are touching the same water as well. It makes it practically impossible to sneak up on him in certain, and limited, situations.

Combat Oriented: He can draw water out of some sources, though this is an ability he is still trying to master. While it is easiest for him to draw liquid from a pure source (like directly from a faucet, even if it is turned off), he can draw a little liquid from plants, animals, and machines with greater difficulty. Once he has summoned the water, he can turn it into a weapon. For example, with enough water on hand, he can use it as a deadly whip.

Non Psychic: Ro carries with him a small, ornate dagger that once belonged to his father (or so he was told). He'd rather not use it, but would if it was needed.

Extra Info: Ever since that terrible accident that claimed the life of his mother, Ro has been deaf. He is not a candidate for cochlear implants, due to the nature of his disability, and had therefore had to rely on sign language and the little bit of lip reading he can manage.

Fanatical Bibliophile

User Image

▁▂▃▅▆▇ Elyia Ngata ▇▆▅▃▂▁

Regular Redeemer

Sexuality: Bisexual

Personality: Elyia is not a psychic, but possesses a rather clever mind. She is highly intelligent, and uses her mind to better her world. Lay a problem before her, and she will do her best to figure out a way to solve it. And if that's not possible, she will try and figure out a way to get around the problem. Sure, she is not always successful, but one cannot blame her for trying.

She is fiercely loyal to those she loves and cares for, as evidenced by her almost overly protective behavior when it comes to her brother. She is physically strong, brave, and determined, a combination which aids her with her objectives, but her actions can be a little foolhardy and reckless. She might come off as a bit abrasive, but she is sweet and caring, loving, motherly.

History: Elyia has long since resented her mother for the problems that she unintentionally created in the few years after her father's untimely death. Moving them place to place, pushing away people that might help them, and her indifferent attitude towards her daughter. In fact, the only good thing her mother brought to her was her baby brother Ikaroa. Ro was a wonderful light in her life, and she loved him immediately, caring for him to the best of her ability when their mother was too indifferent to do so herself. She encouraged his art, providing him paper and other materials to let him experiment.

But then came that horrible night when everything changed.

She was brought to the hospital shortly after her brother was treated for his injuries. She was with him when he woke up, and was the first to realize that his confused, unresponsive behavior was not just because he was a little boy who had just lost his mother, but because there was something seriously wrong. Extensive testing, and her brother was revealed to have had swelling on his brain, which led to permanent damage in the hearing centers of his brain.

Her beloved baby brother was deaf.

After that, in both the orphanage and the new home they were eventually adopted into, she took care of him to the best of her ability. She learned and helped teach him sign language, kept the bullies who wanted to harass and demean him away, and continued to help encourage his art. They lived in peace for years, growing up together. Always together.

A fact that did not change when she discovered what it was that her little brother could do. He was a psychic, and she feared loosing him. Whether to Salvation, to the Rebellion, or to death, she was afraid. After all these years together, she had to keep him safe. So they did the safest thing they thought they could: they ran.

Elyia quickly learned to secrets to staying hidden, and kept her little brother out of sight, working their way Sector to Sector. She worked for scraps, payment under the table, just to get by as she learned about survivng in the wild outside the cities. She was careful to not draw attention to them, but the Redeemers seemed to be able to sense when Ro was around. Soon, after a number of raids and attacks on the teenagers, she wised up, and started leaving him outside the city while she worked. She left him near bodies of water, and encouraged him to be careful while she entered the wolf's den.

All was well and good, until that day that things went wrong.

She'll never know exactly what happened, but one minute she was working, bussing tables at a restaurant for a little extra cash, and the next, she was being arrested and pulled away, screaming, by a group of Redeemers for harboring and hiding a psychic. They demanded to know where her brother was, but she never told them, never. Even as they subjected her to all sorts of cruelties that injured her physically and mentally, tortured her for information. She never gave up her brother's whereabouts, but they destroyed her. And eventually turned her into a puppet.

If they couldn't get the information out of her, then she was going to go and capture him herself.

Powers/Weapons:

Extra Info: Elyia still deeply cares for her little brother and does not want to see him get caught, but she cannot stop herself from seeking him out. All she could do is just pray that he is smart enough to keep running...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces