Welcome to Gaia! ::

xMill's Partner

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
This is the thread for all entries in my Modmas art contest!

1st place - 5,000,000 gold - BOMB4Y
User Image
I thought that this deserved first place not just because you're my friend, Lucas, but because the precision of the lines, the colors, even the border is exceptional. I really like the perspective you drew my character in and the fact that you included your own avatar, something I didn't see in any of the other entries but certainly wasn't forbidden in this contest. 3nodding

2nd place - 2,500,000 gold - swimming_bishies
User Image
I can tell that you put quite some thought into this submission! Besides the fact that it's full body and painted, I liked that you included details like a gleam for the eyes, Lucky hanging off of the tail, and two contrasting colors for the shadows. I think the pose reflects confidence and maybe even cockiness haha, which I quite like! xd

3rd place - 1,000,000 gold - TheMainCharacter1
User Image
Of all the entries to my contest, I thought this one had the most dynamic pose and most intriguing perspective. It's awesome that you managed to include all the aspects of the avatar without using a conventional pose (which would certainly make the art easier to draw, but there's no fun in that)! I'm very, very pleased with how this turned out and I hope that you are too. wink

Honorable mention - User Image - Czhe
User Image
Hey again Czhe! First off, I should thank you for taking the time to enter my contest at all after I commissioned you just a couple weeks earlier. I really liked the way your entry came out, especially because I think your Lucky is my absolute favorite of all the submissions. There's such poise instilled within this piece and I really like the slightly freehand/messy way you colored the various items. Of all the entries, I think this is definitely the most elegant looking. lol

Honorable mention - User Image - sasayaKura
User Image
I thought that this entry was really well done. The light source was consistent and the way you drew my avatar's expression makes me look really amiable, haha. It's cool that Lucky is chilling on my shoulder; I wish Gaia had that option for the item itself. I think this entry, if it were a photograph, looks the most candid/unposed/natural. rofl

Honorable mention - User Image - Gunmi
User Image
I had a hard time choosing between this entry and your other (full body, monochrome) entry because they both deserve honorable mentions. In the end, I thought this chibi was very well done because of both the coloring and the pose. I've never had art with Lucky drawn under the cap, so I really liked that little aspect. The expression is spot on with my avatar, which is great! mrgreen

Honorable mention - 100,000 gold - regiand
User Image
Even though this entry is just a headshot, I really liked the way you drew the scarf and the single visible eye. It's interesting that you included freckles, because I've never seen someone do that in art for me before-- but it turned out quite well! I think the speedpaint/slightly careless coloring style you have is admirable because it lends a pleasant feeling of whimsy to your art. smile

Honorable mention - 100,000 gold - P4ttycak3
User Image
Hi again! I thought that your piece was definitely the most unique of all the submissions because, like you said, you started with a modeling program and worked from there. I can only imagine how much time it took for you to create/draw this and I really appreciate that. I especially enjoyed the way you thought of a scenario surrounding the art and how you included Lucky into the story. cool

Honorable mention - 100,000 gold - Imported Cookie
User Image
Of the handful of chibi entries submitted, I thought that yours was definitely the most "cute" haha. I like that you drew a fussy/disobedient Lucky because I feel as if cats in real life are just as stubborn. From the shading to the little motion markers to the edges of the uniform's vest, I thought that overall, your chibi was very thorough. whee

This contest is officially over. Thank you all for your submissions, it was very VERY difficult to choose "winners" among them because they were all great. I hope everyone has a great 2014!

Unleashed Humorist

27,415 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Gaian 50
I tried. Hope you like.

User Image

xMill's Partner

TheMainCharacter1
Woah, I quite like it! I especially like the perspective and the way you drew my avatar's expression. Thank you for taking the time to draw my avatar and for being the first submission for this contest! emotion_hug

Unleashed Humorist

27,415 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Gaian 50
Khrate

Welcome emotion_hug

Jhali's Bae

Shameless Businessman

xMill's Partner

Czhe
emotion_kirakira
Thank you very much! It looks great, Czhe, especially the facial expression! emotion_hug I really appreciate it.

Attila The Chad's Widower

Bad Boy

emotion_c8

User Image

Happy Christmas emotion_awesome

EDIT:
Clean ver.
User Image

Demonic Human

Here's my entry

Feline Rogue

My entry
I hope it's okay that I'm doing it as a link, I couldn't get the picture to upload right when I tried gaia_kittenstar

xMill's Partner

BOMB4Y
LSKDFJ@!#
How did you finish so quickly, Lucas, without any loss in quality?! I quite like it, especially because the interaction/poses between our characters is intriguing. I look way more innocent here than I probably deserve to be portrayed and WAIT A MINUTE WHY AM I SHORTER (or is that just the perspective?)
As agreed, nothing scandalous lmao lol
Now I'm allowed to get you something shiny for Christmas. No use protesting.

I showed this to Ankit and his wise words were:

On 12/8/13, at 9:09 PM, Ankit wrote:
> Looks like you're about to kiss him
> He forgot the mistletoe surprised

sweatdrop emotion_facepalm xd
Regardless, thank you for the entry. redface

xMill's Partner

Angelic Reprobate
Here's my entry
Thank you very much for your entry! I appreciate it. 3nodding

xMill's Partner

poison prinsess

My entry
I hope it's okay that I'm doing it as a link, I couldn't get the picture to upload right when I tried gaia_kittenstar
Thank you! No problem, I don't mind if it's a spoiler tag or not, or if it's a link or image. I really appreciate the entry! emotion_hug

Attila The Chad's Widower

Bad Boy

Khrate

Awww emotion_hug It's supposed to have that innocent-but-heartbeat vibe to it, glad that works! whee Hmm, there's actually because I painted this wholly in Photoshop - but I guess the lack of sharpness was masked by a softer brush? yum_puddi Painting in just one program makes the whole process quicker. 3nodding But the coloration won't be as sharp as using SAI in some places, like the hair. And yup, nothing scandalous.

It's not perspective... You ARE shorter in the picture. emotion_awesome But if you like, I can make another one with you taller. You can pick the avatars too! yum_puddi (Germany and Seifer are out of the question though sweatdrop )

Umm, no shiny gifts. Unless it's contest related, and it'd better be the small consolation one. yum_puddi

Ooooh. Are you sure Ankit doesn't want couple art with mistletoe and you guys smooching surprised
User Image

the cat's staring at the moon, what are you looking at?
also, can i post a second entry? :0
User Image

second entry finished, haha, sorry for being impatient sweatdrop

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out