- Report Post
- Posted: Wed, 30 Apr 2014 09:28:23 +0000
- 【 ❝ My worth is measured in success, and success measured in blood. Mine and otherwise. ❞ 】
- ━ Lieutenant Lucina Ferinal
- NAME and ALIASES
- Lucina Ferinal, Lieutenant Ferinal, Bloodletter.
- Dragon Lancer.
- HEIGHT and WEIGHT
- 5'6", 174lbs.
- Lucina is of average height, with a toned figure. Her muscles are wiry but not particularly bulky, granting her a frame lithe enough to maintain some degree of grace during her actions.
- Black hair cut boyishly short, with what was once fair skin tanned by ample time spent in the sun, Lucina's features are sharp, though still pretty. Her green-eyed gaze is stern, her forehead holding one large wrinkle with the inevitable promise of more due to her penchant for frowning and knitting her brows.
- Lucina's leathers are her typical armor. Padded with chain and steel where it can best provide her protection without sacrificing her mobility, as well as a steel helmet to keep her head from being caved in easier than if she were to wear none. Lucina also wears a mask over her face for protection and intimidation purposes both. A steel mask, shaped like an eerie simulacrum of human features, save the slits present for it's eyes and mouth. Reference.
When in combat, Lucina carries the trademark spear of her profession, as well as a short sword at her hip and a dagger in her boot for emergency situations in combat.
When not in combat, Lucina wears a leather jerkin over her tunic, with sturdy boots and trousers. Her short sword and dagger are still present on the off chance combat becomes necessary, unless in a situation where wearing them is difficult.
- POSITIVE TRAITS
- Lucina Ferinal is a proud woman of aggressive intelligence, with a blunt manner of speaking. She has made a name for herself through her efficiency and brutality in combat and tactics, an aspect owed to and embraced by her nature. Lucina speaks frankly with individuals instead of treading on eggshells to avoid the prospect of harming feelings, and holds frank conversation in high regard. Despite her rather brash nature, Lucina's intelligence and adaptability allows her to change with circumstance, and allows her to recognize the point where silence is a better option than speaking something out of turn. However, when there's a conflict brewing, Lucina will be one of the first to investigate and put a stop to the matter personally, rather than let it simmer and boil and undermine confidence in her ability.
- Lucina can come across has crass, even brutish due to her aggressive nature and proud bearing of herself. Diplomatic affairs, especially instances where careful diplomacy may lead away from conflict, are difficult for Lucina to work, due to her somewhat stubborn refusal to back down, making her difficult to negotiate with at the best of times. As well, Lucina's aggressive nature can lead to her throwing herself into problems that she might not have expected immediately, due to her rather head-first method of dealing with problems both in and out of combat. As well, Lucina has a tendency to mistake a meek and mild-mannered demeanor for a weak one, which can land her into trouble if not used well.
- Lucina is literate and rather capable of drawing maps. She also possesses an understanding of metalworking and leather craft, due to frequent work with her own armor and weapons. She has an understanding of social graces, even if they are rarely used.
- Lucina joined the Divine Order once she became of age at sixteen, however, Lucina's career in the Divine Order wasn't one of repute until she was twenty-two, during an attempt to take an Etherium vein positioned over a pagan religious center. What should have been a simple battle for two platoons to take care of turned into a violent blood bath on both sides, with only seven of the original fourty-eight soldiers returning from the combat. Lucina Ferinal was among them, having reportedly cut through many pagans herself to ensure three of the seven would make it back from the battle. She was promoted to Lieutenant, and put in command of a platoon after recovering from her wounds sustained during the battle.
The pagan tribe that Lucina's previous platoon had gone up against had been known for wearing ornate masks in combat for the sake of both inciting terror and granting protection, a practice which Lucina herself soon took up. Her mask, however, was not one of wood and leather, but steel. The mask gained initial skepticism from members of her platoon at their new lieutenant, which was promptly put to rest when Lucina's capability in combat and leadership was put to the test in a number of skirmishes against various other groups during the Divine Order's efforts to gain control of more Etherium. Lieutenant Ferinal's aggressive and effective tactics and brutal combat prowess quickly earned her the respect of her platoon, her mask going from a subject of hushed whispers to the very symbol of the platoon. Lucina never once deviated from her orders, despite the vicious nature of her execution of them. Somewhere down the line, the nickname Bloodletter rose among Lucina's company, a pseudonym which Lucina did nothing to put a stop to. Despite her efforts for promotion to Captain, however, Lucina's rank and station have changed little, a factor that personally frustrates her.
With the withdrawal of troops in the wake of peace talks, Lucina found her platoon back home, with little else to do than sit on their haunches and enjoy some time off. But events have changed, and war is on the horizon. A war the Bloodletter would very much like to participate in, if it comes down to it.
- Faith's Riposte - 10 Stamina
- Lucina takes up a stance that allows her to parry or block the next melee attack directed at her and counter quickly. Does not work against ranged attacks.
- Lucina strikes out three times with her spear in rapid succession for her opponent's chest, before making a final strike at their weapon arm in an effort to disarm her opponent. Lucina is restored 5 stamina if the disarming blow is successful.
- Lucina strikes her opponent's legs, crippling them and putting her opponent in a state of bleeding. Movement speed and footwork from the opponent will receive a penalty, and Lucina is replenished 10 stamina if successful.
- Lucina's wounds have made brought her rage to a boiling point. Her strength and speed of attacks increase in this state, but lose accuracy as a result. Strikes that do land will cause the target to bleed, leading to damage over time unless treated. Further injuries gained during this state will drive Lucina further into her rage, and successful strikes will encourage Lucina onward.