Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Click to comment me!

asdfasdf
all your base body are belong to me

I'll be using this thread to store all my avatars in a public place, but since I don't want anyone posting in it and it's a continuous WIP (until I decide to stop) it's in the Test forum.

Some entries will come with youtube videos just to show how things look, when they are animated. Plus each avatar will probably come with a spiel about it. Feel free to subscribe (which would be annoying because I will update this thread a lot and spam you with notices - JUST SAYING) and share this thread, but yeah no one can post cool Because I am self-anointed dictator of this thread. I rule all my avatars with an iron fist and they weep in agony, bleeding, before my pixel brain.

That is all.

Also, here's a link to my Arena's gallery if you want to look at more old stuff:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/arena/gallery/?uid=19846733

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
User Image
This is the avatar I had on when I started this thread. It has importance.

ANYWAY apparently the Display Friends option does not keep avatar images there permanently, only temporarily...I did not find out about this until a friend PM'd me that they couldn't see the different avatar Displays. So I pasted in screenshots of the avatars instead. Yeah....so the first two pages of this thread will look garish/ugly because I can't delete or edit out the Display Friends post action...and I'm too lazy to make a new thread, but by page 3 things should look cleaner.

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
User Image

Painting of bird.

The portrait item is pretty fun. A lot of stuff can be done with landscapes or my personal favorite, flowers:

User ImageUser Image

You know that woman on PBS who used to have a show about painting flowers? Sort of like Bob Ross' female opposite. I think of her when I look at those avatars.

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
User Image

2012 Barton event avatar biggrin

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
User Image

My very first non-body avatar, made in either 2010 or 2011...I can't remember.
This was after the invisible glitch was fixed.

The invisible glitch being fixed motivated me to try to hide my avatar using actual items instead of glitches. I added the animated halo later on because it looks like a sparkly abduction ring when animated.

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
User Image

I really hid the base of this one well. I sometimes go back to this one in my dressing room to re-use the base for other avatars.

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
User Image

This is the only body-based avatar I have saved in my dressing room...IDK why. It's missing stage makeup and a masquerade, but I'm too lazy to grab those from my alt account. Since I'm screen shooting things now here's a screenshot using Search Inventory makeup:
User Image

It's also using the hair-cutting properties of a gold shop Shower Cap, which is how I got the lion's mane/hair chopped down so short.

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
User Image

Fricking hell it flipped. But it's supposed to be in the shape of an "S".
Dressing room screenshot cool :
User Image

I was building up items over a couple of months to see if I could just create a "line" of items and this is the result.

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
User Image

Here's a pretty old one. I think it's in my avatar gallery too.

Geisha in a garden or something like that. Whateverrrrr

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
User Image

Here's one of my first and only saved "gino is mourning Gambino" avatars in my dressing room.

i made a couple of others but this one is probably the one i used most to start over from again.

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
User Image

Here's another old avatar. It's supposed to be a 'cosplay' of booty grabbing with enki, lila, and what's her face fish. I don't think i ever entered this in the arena.

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
User Image

Here's also another avatar I never entered in the arenas, but kept in my dressing room. I like this one because it tells a good story biggrin

It's Logan getting off his bum and doing something productive instead of fishing - like bombing enemy ships!

btw i have like 2 whole more pages of saved dressing room avatars to post up ;D

i also made some other pirate-ship themed avatars before this one. Check out this journal-entry to see more:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/journal/?mode=view&post_id=31995849&u=19846733
It's a story...with avatars!!
User Image

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
User Image

Now THIS type of avatar is relatively new (well, if 2011 is new....).

I made this one with the idea in mind of using plushies/holdable pets/dolls as the "main" entity in the avatar. Here I use a doll (that can be held, right across the MIDDLE of the avatar), but there's another one I like to use a lot which is the pink moga up at the top of this thread...because that moga is just toooooo friggin cute!

But yeah this one was the first one of its kind. Ever. In the history of Gaia. Because I don't think anyone else ever tried this before I did.

Well actually that's a lie, I did make another one BEFORE this one using the little Lucie doll but I hated it and deleted it and didn't use it much. Then I made this one and all was well and happy in the world. I really like this one. It's my little girl of wrath and vengeance. See her kill the rat? good girl...good girl....

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
User Image

OK. I don't really remember when I made this but in my dressing room it's sandwiched between the one above and a garden scene, and saved before my first astra-wings avatar...so I probably made this one some time before those Animated Wings came out.

It's essentially the Megalomaniacs having a concert. biggrin

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
User Image

I made this avatar with the goal in mind to show off the pumpkin hat you see at the way top. This was during Gaia's 2011 gold shop Halloween update. So this one was probably made in 2011. I should probably delete this from my dressing room but IDK i might use the base for something else.

He's dreaming of hamburgers...even though he's food. lolololololololol...i thought it was funny....at least...ok.......

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff