Welcome to Gaia! ::

Risky Squadron

User Image

User Image

User ImageXXXXXUser Image

Title | Legend of the Artifacts | IC Rules | Character/Profile Rules | Profile Skeletons | The Roster | Setting Information | "Story Thus Far..." | Extra

Risky Squadron

User Image User Image

The following is an excerpt from the Kojiki [“Records of Ancient Matters”]. By the order of the Shogunate, these pages were promptly removed and stored within one of the vast vaults located underneath Edo Castle:

“There is little evidence in regards to the actual whereabouts of the Gods. Most would assume that they regard the Heavens and the vast darkness of Yomi as their home. But, there is evidence that supports a different story. Around the time Emperor Jimmu began his reign in Japan, the Gods became quite restless. With little interests to entertain them, boredom began to set in.

Almost three centuries passed until one of the legendary Yokais appeared to them. He beckoned the Gods to rise from slumber and take on an interesting challenge: prove which among them was the strongest. At first, a few turned away from such an idea, believing that there was little point in trying to determine something ridiculous as power. But, a few stood amongst them, more than welcoming the challenge. They provoked their brothers and sisters… provoked their spouses to take up arms in fight! It was Izanagi himself that made a crucial point. If they were to take up arms and fight now, they would literally tear the world apart. He went to suggest an alternative way to prove which is the strongest amongst them.

And, so, through the careful words of Izanagi, they decided that the contest would take place amongst the mortals through a different medium. Those that wished to prove their strength bestowed their very life into weapons across the lands of the Kuniumi [Japan]. They all waited in dormant for one man or woman to choose them… and their contest to begin.”

There is little information regarding the truth in this story or regarding the legend of the Artifacts. One would say they were weapons blessed by the Gods themselves to imbue the warrior with their powers and might. Another swears that these items are possessed by the infamous Yokai to trick the mortals and devour their souls. No matter the case, it doesn’t stop people from seeking out these supposed legendary blades. Whether they come from the high places amongst the shogunates or work the rice patty fields in the countryside, they hunt down these items for the glory… the wealth… the power… But, they soon realize the fate they chose.

No matter what they do after acquiring these items, they are bound to Fate. There will be a time in which two warriors carrying Artifacts will appear… and do battle. Whether it’s out of rivalry, a declared dual, or out of anger… they put all their might into it as if their very lives depend on it. When one finally falls, a sense of victory comes over and one walks away. This cycle will keep appearing over again until they fall to another’s blade… or they’re the last one standing.

Centuries… centuries passed with no winner decided. Some of these warriors remain bounded to these Artifacts, waiting for their turn to take up arms and face their fate. There’s a few that fight destiny, attempting to retain their immortality till the end of time. Others… others await their turn to step forth and finally reach their loved ones in Paradise. As of now, there have been strange rumors going around in the Shinjuku Distract regarding sightings of “crazy” people fighting with outlawed weapons. Whether these are just mere gossip of rambling drunks or the truth… who knows? Maybe, it makes a good story to pass around with others and warm sake? Who knows? Maybe, you’re listening to this madman speak about tales right now… and a faint chi starts to glow from your sheath…?

Title | Legend of the Artifacts | IC Rules | Character/Profile Rules | Profile Skeletons | The Roster | Setting Information | "Story Thus Far..." | Extra

Risky Squadron

User Image User Image

ToS

Please follow posting etiquette. There are users that's pretty chill about certain actions. Others tend to take offense when a character is acting downright unfair in the IC. We've been on this site or other posting sites long enough to know what's okay and what's not okay in posting, right?

The question on everyone's mind: literacy, posting level, posting content, etc. For me, I go by the stand alone: match me. Seems pretty vague and not very helpful, but this rule best describes what I like to see. If someone's posting around two paragraphs, then it's obligated to post that amount. If someone's posting around a page, then I hope you guys can try and reach up there. For me, I like the content, the details, the NPC interactions... it makes me feel like I'm part of a kick-a** ongoing series. Silly, yeah... but, feel free to post as much as you like.

Posting-wise, there's three things I like to ask from you: I'd like the font between 10 and 11, at least a picture and a name in each post, and bold out character dialogue.

I will be updating the IC as much as I can to keep track of what's been going on so far. There will be frequent time skips in order to move the story along, Before each timeskip, I'll make an announcement in the OoC and through Skype. If there's any changes to the rules, updates on character information... anything that you, the users, should know, I'll be alerting you be those means.

Speaking of, if you need to get a hold of me, PMs and the OoC works. But, the best place to get my immediate attention is on Skype. Once you are accepted into the thread, I will give you my Skype username if you happen to have Skype as well. I also have MSN, but I don't frequent it that much.

The one thing I ask of you, as users, is to meet and greet with the other users that join this thread. I want to build a small community of communication out of this thread. Please, don't be shy with greeting new folks or jumping at the chance to plot characters and/or situations! I'm relying on you guys to help push the story along. There's a few things I have up my sleeve, but, that doesn't mean it's going to happen immediately. Create some drama; create comedic situations; create a little romance...! It's up to you guys what goes on here and what doesn't when it comes to the story itself. If there's any big ideas you have for the thread personally, come talk to me! I love a good idea to make things interesting.

Risky Squadron

User Image User Image

No real images for characters. Keep them around drawn/anime/etc.

Characters should appear close to their appearance age stated. I'm not a fan of bishie/childish images for older characters.

I don't feel like going through examples and rules about this "Mary Sue" archtype. We all know about it; it's been pounded into our heads from thread to thread. Let's just stick to trying to create a character that can fit into the universe, yes?

There's only two "races" in the thread: humans and "Immortals."

As of now, there will be a limited number of characters wielding a cursed item. Once those spots are taken, feel free to take an Average Joe spot. That doesn't mean that they're going to be on the sidelines. Maybe, they end up becoming Immortals... or messing things up for the rest of the cast?

Let's get down to what you guys are waiting for: turning in profiles/making reserves. I'll be accepting reserves for the Immortals spot up to 48 hours. After that, I will be opening up the spot to get others that want in or had made profile already. To make a reserve, just send me a picture of your character [400W X 100L] with their full name on the image. This will be the official link to see your character's profile. All profiles will be posted in their own profile thread. It makes it easier to manage and add information [such as posting formats or updated information about them]. After you filled out the profiles [and followed the required fill ins], please PM me the links with the character's name as the Subject. Once approved, please make that image link described earlier if you hadn't turned one in yet.

The "Immortals" in the thread have no real means to die. They have made a "contract" with the powerful being within the Artifact. That doesn't mean they were aware of it at the time. Once the "deal has been struck," aging stops all together. These warriors become immune to disease and cannot die by normal means. What can destroy an Immortal is another Immortal wielding their Artifact.

For the most part, the Immortals are granted inhumane skill sets. Each warrior are faster, stronger, and endure a lot more than the average human. They also have the ability of rapid healing. If they went through terrible trauma, the warrior can heal such injuries in a matter of hours. There had been cases in which Immortals literally reattached their severed limbs... even head [if not removed by a Artifact]!

Each Immortal is given a particular power granted by the being they represent. No Immortal has the same "gift." It is unique and no other brethren can copy [unless, that is their being's power~]. With this power, it can take many forms that the warrior can take advantage of.

Once an Immortal is defeated by another, they are out of the contest. This could result with the Immortal returning to human form. Though, their is little information regarding what that entitles. Does time return to them? Returning them to the age they actually are? Do they surrender their soul? Or... does nothing happen? Let's just see what happens, shall we?

Not all Gods and Legendary Yokai are taking place in the contest. The effects of the prolonged ending of the contest has had some affect in the world. Supernatural happenings... sightings... there may be much dire consequences on the line.

Risky Squadron

User Image User Image

The Immortals Profile Skeleton
                                                    [url=link_to_opening_theme_song][imgleft]http://i709.photobucket.com/albums/ww100/Kite_String/Images found/samurai_image_placeholder.jpg[/imgleft][/url][align=right][size=18][b][color=postingcolor]Insert epic title for character here [think P4A style][/color][/b][/size][/align]
                                                    [list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][size=13][color=postingcolor][b]Name[/b][/size] [b]::[/b] [size=11][color=#2F4F4F]full name[/color][/size]
                                                    [size=13][color=postingcolor][b]Age[/b][/size] [b]::[/b] [size=11][color=#2F4F4F]appearance age; will also accept actual age[/color][/size]
                                                    [size=13][color=postingcolor][b]Gender[/b][/size] [b]::[/b] [size=11][color=#2F4F4F]self explanatory[/color][/size]
                                                    [size=13][color=postingcolor][b]Height[/b][/size] [b]::[/b] [size=11][color=#2F4F4F]self explanatory[/color][/size]
                                                    [size=13][color=postingcolor][b]Weight[/b][/size] [b]::[/b] [size=11][color=#2F4F4F]self explanatory[/color][/size]
                                                    [size=13][color=postingcolor][b]Distinguished Markings[/b][/size] [b]::[/b] [size=11][color=#2F4F4F]tattoos/piercings/scars/etc; links are welcome if you have examples[/color][/size]

[size=13][color=postingcolor][b]Patron God[/b][/size] [b]::[/b] [size=11][color=#2F4F4F]name of god/legendary yokai they represent; you may type of blurb regarding their origins/story in their mythos[/color][/size]
                                                    [size=13][color=postingcolor][b]Artifact[/b][/size] [b]::[/b] [size=11][color=#2F4F4F]the cursed weapon they carry; links are welcomed if you have an image of the item[/color][/size]
                                                    [size=13][color=postingcolor][b]Primary Ability[/b][/size] [b]::[/b] [size=11][color=#2F4F4F]the cursed weapon's main ability that makes it stand out from the rest. once an ability is taken, no other user can have it.[/color][/size]
                                                    [size=13][color=postingcolor][b]Fighting Style/Skills[/b][/size] [b]::[/b] [size=11][color=#2F4F4F]feel free to fill out at your leisure. you don't need to have this part filled out in its entirety when you send the profile link in. just skills your character has or a fighting style they use. you may list trademark moves if you like.[/color][/size]

[size=13][color=postingcolor][b]Personality[/b][/size] [b]::[/b] [size=11][color=#2F4F4F]a brief blurb or list of terms of your character's personality.[/color][/size]
                                                    [size=13][color=postingcolor][b]History[/b][/size] [b]::[/b] [size=11][color=#2F4F4F]character's bio. you may keep it brief or make it long as you please. just don't expect everyone to read your massive bio. at least include how your character got their cursed weapon.[/color][/size]
                                                    [size=13][color=postingcolor][b]Extra[/b][/size] [b]::[/b] [size=11][color=#2F4F4F]extra information you like to give out.[/color][/size][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]
                                                    [align=right][size=18][url=insert_link_to_ending_theme][u][color=white][u][color=postingcolor]Insert Username Here[/color][/u][/color][/u][/url][/size][/align]

The Average Joe Profile Skeletons
                                                    [url=link_to_opening_theme_song][imgleft]http://i709.photobucket.com/albums/ww100/Kite_String/Images found/samurai_image_placeholder.jpg[/imgleft][/url][align=right][size=18][b][color=postingcolor]Insert epic title for character here [think P4A style][/color][/b][/size][/align]
                                                    [list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][size=13][color=postingcolor][b]Name[/b][/size] [b]::[/b] [size=11][color=#2F4F4F]full name[/color][/size]
                                                    [size=13][color=postingcolor][b]Age[/b][/size] [b]::[/b] [size=11][color=#2F4F4F]self explanatory[/color][/size]
                                                    [size=13][color=postingcolor][b]Gender[/b][/size] [b]::[/b] [size=11][color=#2F4F4F]self explanatory[/color][/size]
                                                    [size=13][color=postingcolor][b]Height[/b][/size] [b]::[/b] [size=11][color=#2F4F4F]self explanatory[/color][/size]
                                                    [size=13][color=postingcolor][b]Weight[/b][/size] [b]::[/b] [size=11][color=#2F4F4F]self explanatory[/color][/size]
                                                    [size=13][color=postingcolor][b]Distinguished Markings[/b][/size] [b]::[/b] [size=11][color=#2F4F4F]tattoos/piercings/scars/etc; links are welcome if you have examples[/color][/size]
                                                    [size=13][color=postingcolor][b]Alignment[/b][/size] [b]::[/b] [size=11][color=#2F4F4F]are you, good, evil, or in between?[/color][/size]

[size=13][color=postingcolor][b]Weapons[/b][/size] [b]::[/b] [size=11][color=#2F4F4F]don't go crazy.[/color][/size]
                                                    [size=13][color=postingcolor][b]Fighting Style/Skills[/b][/size] [b]::[/b] [size=11][color=#2F4F4F]feel free to fill out at your leisure. you don't need to have this part filled out in its entirety when you send the profile link in. just skills your character has or a fighting style they use. you may list trademark moves if you like.[/color][/size]

[size=13][color=postingcolor][b]Occupation[/b][/size] [b]::[/b] [size=11][color=#2F4F4F]self explanatory[/color][/size]

[size=13][color=postingcolor][b]Personality[/b][/size] [b]::[/b] [size=11][color=#2F4F4F]a brief blurb or list of terms of your character's personality.[/color][/size]
                                                    [size=13][color=postingcolor][b]History[/b][/size] [b]::[/b] [size=11][color=#2F4F4F]character's bio. you may keep it brief or make it long as you please. just don't expect everyone to read your massive bio.[/color][/size]
                                                    [size=13][color=postingcolor][b]Extra[/b][/size] [b]::[/b] [size=11][color=#2F4F4F]extra information you like to give out.[/color][/size][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]
                                                    [align=right][size=18][url=insert_link_to_ending_theme][u][color=white][u][color=postingcolor]Insert Username Here[/color][/u][/color][/u][/url][/size][/align]

Risky Squadron

User Image User Image

The Immortals 1/10
                                                    User Image

Average Joes

Risky Squadron

User Image User Image

Current Date 05 April 2013
                                                    Day Friday
                                                    Time Early Evening
                                                    Weather Clear skies, mildly warm, a small breeze coming from the NE

The story takes place within the modern setting of Tokyo, focusing on one of the seedier parts of the metropolis: the Shinjuku Ward. Shinjuku is made up of a mixture of residential and major hotspots, ranging from small bars to a rather racy red-light district. Some of the more predominate neighborhoods make up its colorful night life including: the Golden Gai, Kabukichō, and the Shinjuku Ni-chōme. The influence of the Yakuza is quite predominate. Most of the locals knows not to mess with the bunch; they don't want to end up somewhere at the bottom of the Tokyo Bay. When they run a business, they know how to make it classy. You get the best treatment of your life, if you have the cash to pay for such luxuries. They can get everything that you want... for a price. Whether it's paid with credit or your liver, the Yakuza will make sure to get their full payment. The crime rates in Shinjuku is relatively higher than usual with a rise in homicides. Some claim that it's due to the strange illness that drives people crazy. So far, all of these strange murders were committed by different people.. and with strange weapons!

Wikipedia: Shinjuku

Notable Locations of Interests
                                                    LOVE & PEACE Bar Located in one of the alleyways of the Golden Gai, LOVE & PEACE welcomes all walks of life, ranging from delinquents to high class criminals. The small bar can hold up to a maximum of 25, giving a close comfort with their customers. The establishment is known for their exotic and wacky take on drinks and local bar food, giving an exciting experience to their patrons. When trouble rears its ugly head, the employees know how to handle it. Just, don't piss them off; they do have connections with a few crime families of the area.

Satsuma Hachiro Located near Kabukicho, it is strange restaurant that takes up 8 stories!! They are mostly known for the dozens of dishes centered around pork. Don't forget the beer! They are quite generous with their beer. The best part about the S.H. is the fact that they're open 24/7. If you have a hankering for something tasty and is too lazy to make anything, just hit up S.H. for the best in pork and beer!

Espace Shinjuku Pachinko Parlor A rather large pachinko parlor, it attracts quite a colorful cast. Many go for the sheer enjoyment while others pins their hopes in getting a special prize in order to hock it off at a later time. This is one of the more legal establishments in Shinjuku. Just, don't go into the backdoor. You just don't know what kind of activities are taking place behind the scene.

Shinjuku Gyoen Gyoen is one of the more spectacular sights within Shinjuku. It once was the location of a predominate Daimyo families before it was turned into a public park. Many come from all parts of the world to view the cherry blossoms in bloom. If you want a break from the modern living of Shinjuku, this is the place to go.

Risky Squadron

User Image User Image

TO BE ADDED

Risky Squadron

User Image User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff