Welcome to Gaia! ::

D!sco~'s Wife

Lavish Ladykiller

13,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gender Swap 100
User ImageDeoxtri
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
"Marrying MY man..."

iymcool
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Burton's Bouquet

eleventh day
"mute" tribal wedding: tribal princess bride, best tribal warrior groom, tribal slave bridesmaid (super friend of the bride)

D!sco~'s Wife

Lavish Ladykiller

13,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gender Swap 100
User Image
marwolfer
Mama_TekTek
Sifen Yamishi
Shimmertits

1. Deoxtri
Theme: 8/10
Creativity: 6/10
Style: 3/5
Overall: 7/10
Theme: 9/10
Overall: 6/10
Creativity: 8/10
Style: 5/5
Overall: 8/10
Total: 77/105
Comments: Eh, I'm not sold on the color scheme. You've used red, white, black, and cream... except on the bride? There's no cream. :c I like the theme, a sort of red queen thing with the emphasis on the bridesmaid rather than the bride. The groom's expression is a little derpy to me: did he have to take a sedative to marry the bride or did he just fart? We'll never know. I hate the bride's face, too; I think it's the eyes that just look weird. Also, it doesn't look like a bridal party to me. It could just be a trio of people. It's a solid set, but I just think you could have pushed a little more for the finale.

Creativity: 9/10
Theme: 10/10
Creativity: 10/10
Overall: 10/10
Creativity: 7/10
Style: 2/5
Total: 86/105
Comments: You have tried to reinvent the wheel of a dated color scheme and your efforts are pretty hitting high marks, but some flaws bring it down quite a bit. Let's start with the groom. I'm really not digging the shorts, as this exposes the clunky shoes he has. Your bride is just flawless. I am loving the outfit and your composition as a whole. The girl to her right...let's just say I'm a bit nit-picky here. The headpiece doesn't work for me, as it stands out so much. That is what irks me. Still, you delivered some pretty interesting stuff.

Style: 4/5
Overall: 9/10
Total: 94/105
Comments: I really love the idea betrayed here and how innocent the groom looks, but I counted off just a bit on him and the brides made because I felt the balance was slightly off. Otherwise, it was wonderfully all around! smile

Originality: 6/10
Total: 74/105
Comments: I really love your colors and that you portrayed your story well, but I really wanted the cream and brown to make it into your bride's dress. The ankle accessories layer awkwardly on the groom, as do the frills on his shirt, and the cool blue and shiny white on the torso of your bridesmaid really stick out to me the more I look. My biggest nitpick is that your bride's face reads "drugged" to me instead of "happiest day of my life."

Total: 331

2. iymcool
Theme: 6/10
Creativity: 4/10
Total: 90/105
Comments: I freaking adore this as a whole. I can definitely see the Burton inspiration and would have guessed it right off... at least with the bride and groom. The bridesmaid feels very out of place. Her dark skin is detracting from the chiaroscuro look that Burton loves and is present in the other two. She also feels more like a jester or the wedding singer rather than a member of the bridal party simply because her outfit is so much less elegant than the other two. She feels like you went purely for color scheme rather than the whole theme. Overall, it's gorgeous.

Total: 87/105
Comments: I haven't seen anything so fresh and inspiring like this! Neon green and blues for a scheme with black? I am loving it. Interesting to have a punk-esque bridesmaid with a posh couple. And major props for using that particular shoe choice for the groom! I normally see those on sci-fi type avatars, but to see it on something so formal just makes this stellar. You got style and ain't afraid to flaunt it. Way to go!

Theme:10/10
Total: 95/105
Comments: I love the color scheme on the first one, but the head peice feels likeits off color wise and that really bugs me. Other then that the only problem I have is the tad bits of green in the bride and groom that are not spred evenly. The entire look great and good luck! smile

Originality: 8/10
Originality: 9/10
Total: 91/105
Comments: Your use of color and background to keep these avatars thematically together while making sure the color keeps them separate and easily identified (the bridesmaid and the bride that is,) is impressive to me. You had the only attractive faces this round, as well. The dark wedding is a bit contrived, but using bright colors in it keeps it mostly fresh. My biggest complaint with these is that some of the layering is weird (the biggest example here being the white spewing out from the bride's crotch.) One last little bit, you're the only one to turn them in standing like they would at a real wedding, which is worth a lot.

Total: 363

3. eleventh day
Theme: 7/10
Total: 77/105
Comments: Tribal was a good way to go, though I'm not really feeling the "wedding" theme; it could just be a shaman priestess, warrior, and random citizen. I wish you'd added something a bit more conventional to indicate the wedding; without knowing that was the challenge, I would never guess. The "bride" has some big blocks of color that are visually jarring (the hair, the jacket); in fact, the hair is a little bit much on all the entries (it's not as delicately detailed as the rest). Since you were going more for visual than theme, you should also know that the faces on all the avatars stick out in a bland way as well as the arm of your bridesmaid; they're too bare.

Theme: 5/10
Creativity: 2/10
Style: 1/5
Overall: 4/10
Total: 66/105
Comments: Ouch. Throughout this competition, you were giving the most fierce designs for each round. However, this round might have been your downfall. I do applaud creativity in your bride, but the coat really wasn't needed and her anklets are showing through the lower half of her look. Your groom has nice layering, but the bottom half feels broken and not cohesive in terms of the top area. Bridesmaid/slave girl is just where it falls flat. The bottom part of her is really not flowing well for me. Her top is pretty okay, but something is off. Good idea, just needed a bit more tweaking for execution.

Creativity:10/10
Total: 101/105
Comments: I adore these! They are so original and look great color wise. smile I counted off a little on the last two because the color balance wasn't as good as the first one.

Originality: 10/10
Total: 73/105
Comments: This is the most original and risky thing this round. That being said, I don't feel the risk worked out for you. Nothing differentiates the bride and slave enough for her to look royal in comparison, and the bride's foot disappeared awkwardly, and a shorter skirt would saved the bottom half. The bridesmaid could really use some weight on top to reflect the mass of belts on the bottom. The groom is nice honestly, but his smile is really out of place for me, all of the faces are subpar but his is the worst offender.

Total: 317

D!sco~'s Wife

Lavish Ladykiller

13,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gender Swap 100
User ImageDeoxtri
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Remedy Forgotten

Shimmertits
In this rough modern world, ogres have managed to fully infiltrate cyberspace and rebrand themselves. They now call themselves trolls, and unlike people who call themselves trolls, they're pretty nice folks, if a bit behind on fashion...

User Image
Eclectice

paigeorose92

padfoott

User ImagePaecoc
"Yes! Indeed I am the King Chief (Jawrus) of our tribe, any trespassers/outsiders will be DECAPITATED! Everyone before me, shall bow and do as I say!"

fart jokes

Autio Ainoa
User Image

User Image
honey carousel
No Entry

D!sco~'s Wife

Lavish Ladykiller

13,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gender Swap 100
User Image
marwolfer
Sifen Yamishi
iymcool
Navean

1. Deoxtri
Creativity: 5/10
Overall: 5/10
Total: 20/35
Comments: I'm not really wow'ed by this, Dee. I can clearly see that it's an ogre, but I feel that you just went straight to ugly. There's a way to do "ugly" that is visually appealing but doesn't have to be pretty. This just looks bad and uninteresting.

Total: 17/35
Comments: This is fairly nice, but the weird darker lines on her skin don't help much. I would have preferred the weapon in the other hand. Not your best effort, but at least it's something.

Total: 22/35
Comments: I want to love this, I really do. I adore the construction of the face, however, some things feel off: the size of the eyes, the double horns, and the mismatched clothing. They just don't seem to work here as well as the others.

Total: 24/35
Comments: I love the facial expression on this, but overall something just doesn't quite work. The double horns are odd and I don't think the top fits with the avatar very well.

Total: 83

2. Remedy
Total: 27/35
Comments: The face is very odd... I don't like the beak thing; ogres are humanoid and this looks more like the swamp thing. That being said, it definitely looks like a creature that makes its life living in the swamp. I like the little bubbles, too; makes the avatar look stinky. wink

Comments: Two things irk me a bit here. That mouth and lack of intricate detail to the rest of this avatar. Nicely done, but could use a bit of gold to balance it out.

Comments: Upon first glance I was impressed at what you turned in. However, as I dissect the avi, I see minor details that are dragging down my score for you. The big thing that's hurting this look is the layering of the eyes over the Troll eyes.

Total: 26/35
Comments: The beak stands out awkwardly and the eyes aren't doing it for me. I love the layers you have on the feet up to the knees. The green bubbles are a nice touch.

Total: 99

3. Shimmer
Total: 32/35
Comments: This is great. I like the creativity here; you've taken the ogre theme and turned it on its head. The look is great too, though I'm not a fan of the crown. I wish you'd gone a little bit more with your last line about being "behind the fashion." This looks futuristic and fashion forward, not old-fashioned. Overall, it's pretty great!

Comments: Gold and black for some sort of primeval menace that entered the digital future. I like how you went into a new area instead of the standard stereotype for this round, yet the color scheme for the outfit doesn't work so well. The crown wasn't needed though.

Comments: Kudos for taking the challenge and making it your own. However, within that same vein, a lot more could have been done to show us the cyberspace that the ogres are said to be inhabiting. Also, along with the seemingly random crown, the face lacks any sort of definition and clashes with the skin to the point that I can hardly look at anything else.

Total: 28/35
Comments: I love the creative take on the theme. I definitely wasn't expecting that, that's for sure! The face doesn't work great with that skin and the crown seems a bit random. The leg layering is pretty nice.

Total: 102

4. Swift
Total: 31/35
Comments: I love the visual of this. The dark greens and browns make a nice contrast against the creams and reds. I wish there was something that made this avatar pop and go WOW! Overall, it's a nice visual and well done.

Total: 34/35
Comments: The one quibble here is the crown blending in with the hair. Other than that, you have really captured something unique here.

Comments: ********. I adore how the skin stands out, yet the shades of the clothing compliment it. Your theme is apparent and refreshing. Wonderful work.

Comments: The color combination is very nice and the connection of your ogre to nature is wonderful. The brightness of the loincloth is a bit jarring, but overall, this is great. I'm not sure I like the crown that much, though.

Total: 130

5. paige
Comments: Eh, this is very lackluster. It's a bit too bright and shiny for an ogre; not all greens work for this challenge. Your color balance is very off, and that's important if you're going to try to match as much as you have. I don't really get "ogre" from it either; it looks more like a green elf.

Theme: 1/10
Creativity: 1/10
Overall: 1/10
Total: 4/35
Comments: Only thing that actually captures the theme is the facial expression and the weapon. The first round is a time for each contestant to showcase their talent as well as prove their capabilities. Alas, you fell really short here. The clothing choice leaves much to be desired along with other factors. Should you move on, STEP UP YOUR GAME. If not, you'll go down in flames while the rest of your competition moves forward.

Theme: 4/10
Creativity: 3/10
Total: 12/35
Comments: The only thing I see resembling an ogre or the ogre theme is the axe. This appears as though you looked under the green tab and clicked a bit randomly. The ears don't even match the skin. What I did like though, was your choice of pants. That give the legs an interesting texture. I just wished you had given the rest of your outfit a bit more thought.

Comments: It's very... um, leafy, which makes me think of elf rather than ogre. The mouth looks so awkward with the face tattoo right next to it. And the greens are so mismatched and uneven. The eyes look great, but the actual outfit is in such a disconnect with them and the axe (the only things that really seem ogre-like to me).

Total: 50

6. paddy
Comments: Nicely done; an ogre covered in leaves and mud and leather. It's like the ogre warriors, but more realistic. I wish the eyes didn't stand out quite so much, but I understand the effect you were going for. It's well constructed, but it's not necessarily exciting.

Comments: Major props for using that hair. I cannot use that pose from The Nightmare to save my life. Legs and such feel a bit bare, but this is pretty rocking.

Comments: Wonderful use of that hair. The face seems a tad emotionless though.

Theme:10/10
Comments: I think this is my favorite entry. The colors are awesome and it's so creature-like and strong while still retaining the humanoid aspect of an ogre. The eyes stick out a bit awkwardly; I wish they were just a tad more subtle and perhaps conveyed a bit more emotion. An excellent entry overall.

Total: 117

7. Paecoc
Comments: I have the same feels for this that I do Padfoott's. It's well constructed and visually appealing, but not really exciting. I don't care much for the face, either; it doesn't really look like an ogre, more like a beastial creature. I don't like the seaweed on the legs, either because it stands out in a bad way.

Comments: Top 3/4 of the avatar looks good. Bottom part gets a bit clunky though. It's pretty solid, but just remember where to streamline if needed.

Comments: I don't see the threat of decapitation here....perhaps an axe instead of a spear? Aside from that, and the lack of emotion, nice work.

Total: 29/35
Comments: The thing on the legs was the first thing I noticed on this avatar, and not in a good way. They're just so bright compared to everything else. The colors go really nice together and the background use was successful. The maggots are a bit random, though. I wish the weapon stood out a bit more.

Total: 110

8. fart
Comments: It's... interesting. Definitely creative! None of the other entries look like yours. I am glad you went more for character; I love that is looks like all her clothes were made out of scraps and skins. I hate the hair, to be quite honest, and she could use a weapon or some handheld.

Overall: 3/10
Total: 16/35
Comments: The only strong point is the outfit to be honest. Everything else just falls flat afterwards. Feels a bit too basic. Could have used a handheld and a more aggressive face.

Total: 25/35
Comments: It's simple and solid. That's all I can really say.

Comments: The color use is definitely unique, but I'm not sure the blue touches are really working for you since it's not really a color associated with ogres or swamps and the like. Your clothing style was superb and the touches of blood were a nice detail.

9. Autio
Comments: This may quite possibly be the "prettiest" ogre I've ever seen. I feel like she's a little girl ogre, not quite full grown. This one actually works without all the grit and grime. Though I wish she weren't in the tree... I don't imagine ogres would be good climbers! lol

Total: 16/35
Comments: I like how the avatar looks like it is poised for battle, but that mouth. Even for an ogre, turns me off. Maybe some of the orange from her hairpiece, incorporated into this, could have helped. It's interesting though, as most avatars don't have poses that allow it to simulate movement.

Comments: I have a personal vendetta against that godawful mouth. However, you made it work. Why the matching set of clothes though?

Total: 23/35
Comments: I'm not really a fan of the tree - it makes me think of elves more than ogres - but I'm glad you kept the elf out of the face. The face is the best of this for me. The clothing are a bit lackluster and blend into each other. I wish your clothing items were a bit more varied.

Total: 87

10. honey carousel
DQ'd for lack of entry

D!sco~'s Wife

Lavish Ladykiller

13,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gender Swap 100
User ImageSwift
Temperance: "As I understood Temperance I really wanted to focus on the idea of piousness. Personally I don't believe in absolutes like both of these ideas focus on so I wanted to keep her clean but with inklings of doubt and insecurity."

Paecoc
Justice: "justice to me means being 'fair and reasonable.' The whole point of this avatar is to base it of how kids always getting treated differently on how they look, smell, where the from etc. As for the avatar itself, it's based off a little girl from an orphanage who wants to get adopted but wants to feel treated the same as everybody else."

padfoott
Chastity: "Some symbols of Chastity (the refrain from sexual and sensual things) are: bees, the colors blue and white, rings, a garden, lilies, and (in China) cherries. source."

User Image
fart jokes
Humility: "I wanted to use the earthy colors to somewhat literally represent the down-to-earth quality of humility, while sticking to the base to represent the baseness aspect. The two items of clothing are there to show the outward presentation of humility--being simple and modest--with a nod to the religious idea of humility."

Shimmertits
Valor: "Valor is most quickly summed up as heroic courage, so why not make a warrior with nothing but a shield? It takes a lot more courage to protect people in a nonviolent manner than it does to protect people by killing."

Deoxtri
Diligence

User ImageAutio Ainoa
User Image
Charity: "TV cook hosts show for underprivileged children."

Remedy Forgotten
Kindness: "Helpfulness towards some one in need, not in return for anything, nor for the advantage of the helper himself, but for that of the person helped. Unselfish love and voluntary kindness without bias or spite. Having positive outlooks and cheerful demeanor; to inspire kindness in others."

paigeorose92
Patience: "Patience is a single mother staying up all night so that her baby can get a good night's rest."

D!sco~'s Wife

Lavish Ladykiller

13,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gender Swap 100
User Image
marwolfer
Sifen Yamishi
iymcool
Navean

1. Swift
Originality: 7/10
Comments: I think the little dark "doubts" that you included work perfectly. Temperance is all about moderation and self-restraint. To me, you showed perfectly that even though we all have doubts or "darkness" inside of us, it's what we do with it that counts. This girl is definitely trying to overcome the darkness within her. I wish that there was something else going on with the face; it's a little blaise to me, but otherwise, it's solid if not exciting.

Originality: 4/10
Comments: My one quibble here is just the shoe choice. You have quite the great avatar to embody your theme, but overwhelming white turns me off a bit. Not bad though.

Style: 7/5
Comments: I find the shape interesting, as well as the item choice. However, I'm not seeing the insecurity that you said you were going for.

Originality: 5/10
Comments: While I like the idea you had, I'm not too enthused about the execution. Given that white/black is a classic good/evil color scheme, it's not really original. If you don't believe in absolutes, a different color scheme or even using shades/grays rather than a stark black and white could have been a more unique twist. I'm not liking the overall layering of the whites either; they just feel a bit messy and heavy to me. The layering of the black details is nice, though.

Total: 101

2. Paecoc
Comments: She has so much stuff on her... it's disorienting. I wish that you'd edited and streamlined the avatar a bit so that it wasn't all bulky and mushy. I think you had a nice idea for justice, I just wanted your description to end before the part about the orphan. It made the whole idea a bit muddled, imo. I would have liked to have seen your avatar somehow overcoming her difference instead of just being the victim.

Comments: The layering is quite nice, I must say. But the description shouldn't have to do your talking for the avatar. It should be the avatar trying to talk for itself.

Comments: I'm seeing more of injustice than justice, which is obvious what you were going for. However, don't forget, you need to adhere to theme a bit and have it show in your avi, not your description. The look as a whole is well done, however, the fact that her hair is so clean when her clothes look so dirty, bothers me.

Comments: My first thought on seeing this avatar is "injustice" rather than your virtue of choice. I mean, when is it ever justice that a person be a dirty orphan? I don't think the description helped much either. I dunno, I'm just not getting it. That being said, I like the layering and the overall look of the avatar, though the bright, clean hair doesn't work for me. I do appreciate that you tried to give your theme a bit of a twist even if I don't think it worked.

3. padfoott
Comments: She looks a bit Amish, which I actually enjoy. There's definitely a sense of innocence yet she's definitely not a child. I like that you used several different icons of chastity, but I think that you may have taken one too many; I would have left off the cherry earrings and necklace. The simplicity would have worked better. It's not that exciting, but it fits your challenge.

Comments: I applaud your historical references into this avatar. The outfit really isn't the best, but you matched everything quite well.

Comments: Relying on pure symbolism didn't work well for you. She seems quaint and chaste, however, you're relying on reference and symbols more than an overall feel. I want to see you in your creations, not just definitions.

Comments: Man do those cherry earrings stick out like nobodies business. I really like the use of symbols here, but one less wouldn't have hurt! I think you've nailed your theme with both the outfit itself and the symbols.

Total: 105

4. fart jokes
Comments: I don't think a loosely wrapped sheet is very modest. Modest clothing would not leave a breast exposed for sure. I like the "down to earth" aspect. It's conceptual, which I like, but the sheet just doesn't look good and makes little sense to me. I wish her eyes were open, too.

Comments: That base is amazing. However, the lip choice doesn't really appeal to me. It's more of a silvery color whilst your garments are white. Unsure how an earthy type base and this really works for your assigned theme.

Comments: I had doubts about this entry, however, upon examination, I think you did a nice job with it. You did show us a breast though. Modesty tends to avoid such personal parts of the body.

Comments: I'm really impressed with this avatar. The colors are beautiful and the expression works great. I wonder how she would have looked sitting down, though; I almost feel like that would have pushed the theme just a bit further. Personally I can overlook the exposed breast since it blends in so well, and to be honest, I don't even view this as a human given the skin, so who's to say that's a naughty bit anyway? The simple draped clothing also works really well for this.

Total: 117

5. Shimmertits
Comments: This is most easily recognizable as the word you chose. I instantly see valor when I look at your entry. The colors are nice, and I'm a big fan of the skimpy armor thing. wink I don't like the mouth; perhaps something less feminine and more determined to defend the victim's honor.

Comments: The face doesn't exude a warrior. She looks more of some stern beautician of sorts. And some of her accessories don't work in this avatar as well. It's not bad, but majority of the colors feel iffy with me.

Comments: This is the strongest entry of the round. Without a description I could see what you chose. Wonderful work, however, don't forget small details like the face. She looks a tad....clueless.

Comments: I hate the face/head on this. The colors are a bit predictable. I do like the idea behind it, though, as it's quite an original take on valor. It's just kind of a middling avatar to me as it looks a bit hastily thrown together.

6. Deoxtri
Comments: I don't get it, Dee. He looks resigned, but I wanted to see determination. I get the theme of the teacher who is going to keep on teaching even if his students are animals, but the expression just loses it for me. And why are there cakes on his desk? It's odd. Overall, it just falls flat for me.

Originality: 2/10
Total: 18/35
Comments: Feels a bit plain, but I actually get what is supposed to be your theme here. This works, I guess.

Comments: I applaud your effort to show the plight of school teachers, however, he seems a bit....defeated. I see no other emotion aside from pure resignation to his fate.

Comments: I get the theme in this, though I would have liked to see a bit more in the face. The smouldering eyes are great, but a more determined looking mouth would have pulled it together. I don't get the cakes on the desk, though. Are they supposed to be from one of the good students?

Total: 92

7. Autio Ainoa
Comments: I think your penchant for bright colors against dark skin does not work here; I wish she wasn't quite so bright explosion. That being said, I don't really see the part about being a tv hostess you described. It would have been better to leave that part out and just say that she cooks for underprivileged children. Overall, I see charity quite clearly, which was the point.

Comments: Nicely done regarding your assignment, Autio. Her face is a bit creepy though. gonk We want to help the kid, not haunt it...again...

Comments: You had good intentions (as I'm sure the cook did as well). However, the idea of a charity cooking show leaves a bad taste in my mouth (Ha! I'm on a roll!). If a show does poorly, no matter its intentions, it will get cancelled. Shows are there to entertain and make money for the network. Charity and television sometimes works, but here, I feel it fell flat.

Comments: The brightness of the cook doesn't really work well in this avatar. It just clashes a bit too much with the background, like she's a cartoon in the real world. I'm not a big fan of the face. The outfit itself is quite cute and I get the theme.

Total: 105

8. Remedy Forgotten
Comments: Well, you defined kindness in your description, but I don't see kindness in your entry. She looks to me just like an older woman who is cheerful and optimistic. I'd have liked to see more of a connection to your word, perhaps having her helping someone out. It looks to me like you just created a pretty avatar.

Total: 35/35
Comments: Lovely layering with the dress I must say. You knocked it out of the park with a stellar home run!

Total: 19/35
Comments: Happy....stewardess? This just isn't translating kindness for me. That, and, those arms are not helping the overall appeal of this avatar.

Comments: I find this avatar so awkward. The shape of it especially. I can see kindness in the expression, but no where else, really. I'm sorry; I just think it's ugly and the layers look random to me.

Total: 97

9. paigeorose92
Originality: 3/10
Total: 14/35
Comments: I don't understand how a mother hovering over her child all night would let the baby sleep well... but I digress. She definitely looks sleep deprived, but I don't see patience; in fact, your mother looks more aggrevated and impatient with the fact that her baby is sleeping. The outfit you put her in is really bulky... there's a way of taking realistic style and still making it pretty for AT standards. This is just dull and not really fitting for me.

Comments: As soon as I saw this challenge, I knew someone would cater to using this theme. Her face looks more of shock or boredom, not trying to keep her patience up. It's okay and works, but it's still a bit too basic.If you can make it to further rounds, step up your game.

Theme: 2/10
Total: 13/35
Comments: Angry mother is angry.

Comments: I get what you were going for, though I think you could have pushed it a little further. There are eye items (or layerings of several items) that could give her a more tired, bags-under-the-eyes look. That and a more serene look, even if just with a small smile, would have gotten your theme across a bit better. Those eyes look a bit irritated, really, especially when combined with that plain mouth. I think pajama bottoms or something comfier and either slippers or no shoes would also have gotten across the "staying up all night" part better too.

Total: 69

D!sco~'s Wife

Lavish Ladykiller

13,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gender Swap 100
User ImageDeoxtri
"Whiskers! Leave Lieutenant Awesome alone!" emotion_donotwant

Remedy Forgotten
A doll with some much needed love and care

Shimmertits
He realized far too late she literally meant it when she said she would only get married in her toys.

User Image
Paecoc
"Oooh! Would you like to also join our tea party?! Oooh, pretty pretty pleeeease!"

fart jokes
Bratz: Big hair, big feet, big attitude.

padfoott
This is Sally in the Summer Sun. She comes with two accessories: a rad pink and yellow surf board and a soft orange towel. Marketers are concerned though, as demographics say Sally has been more popular with boys of a later age...

User ImageSwift
Homemaker, Dancer, Cook, Trend Setter, Princess; is there anything she can't do?

Autio
User Image
Celestial Guide, rumored to be the rarest card in existence.
[shutup trading cards are totally toys xD]

D!sco~'s Wife

Lavish Ladykiller

13,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gender Swap 100
User Image
marwolfer
iymcool
Navean

Deoxtri
Comments: The cat paws are the only part that make it seem like a toy. Otherwise, it's just a soldier avatar, and not a very interesting one at that. Your description made me giggle, but for me the entry just falls flat.

Comments: After looking over the other entries, I've got to say, this is my round favorite, paws down. I love what you've done with the Catastrophe! paws to show the size of the toy soldier. However, I wish there was a bit of a background that could cover the back paw, just for the sake of pushing the scene a bit farther.

Total: 30/35
Comments: This avatar made me giggle. It's cute, humorous, and fun. The addition of the cat paws really made the theme stand out since it gave the avatar scale, making it obviously a toy soldier rather than just a normal human one. The hat is super bright compared to the rest of the uniform, though, and it kind of sticks out.

Total: 89

Sara
Comments: It's very muddled. I have a hard time seeing your "toy" theme without the description. Most toys don't have that much stuff all over them, though I think as an avatar it's interesting to look at.

Comments: As an avatar, this is wonderfully constructed. However, the description confuses me a tad. I'm not sure if it's the wording, or perhaps that it seems a bit disconnected with the avi. What I really like, and I hope I'm right in assuming, is that the face makes it look as though she was used as a canvas once for a kid who didn't know not to color his/her toys.

Comments: The theme of a broken/patched up dolly isn't terribly original to me, and neither are the colors, though I think your styling is pretty good and it's nice to see a bold color like red mixed in. Unfortunately all those items hides the patches a bit so it was hard to see that it was a doll. The eye is really creepy. I know dolls have big, unblinking eyes and all, but this style of eye doesn't match with the clothing.

Total: 74

Shimmer
Comments: Eh, I don't like it. It feels forced and doesn't really work well. The whole thing just looks like a poorly done matchatar instead of really getting that toy wedding idea that you were going for.

Total: 18/35
Comments: The premise is interesting, however, the execution seems off. I appreciate you taking the round and makiung it into something nobody has seemed to have though of yet. After that though, it seems you stopped and just slapped on items that matched in color. The skates are cute, but the face just kills this for me.

Comments: Your avatar is both cute and clever. The concept is humorous and really original. I love that you used unconventional toys, like dominoes and the roller skates, though I wish you'd have pushed it a bit further to make the theme a liiiitle more obvious, like if she was holding a stuffed animal in the way a bride holds flowers. Your toy choices are great for creativity, but slightly subtle for theme!

Total: 73

Paecoc
Comments: This reminds me very much of the Polly Pockets I used to have as a kid; you know the ones that were teeny-tiny and could fit up your nose but were marketed to children ages 4+. I wish you'd played up that angle instead because the creativity falls a bit on the whole "doll at a tea party" bit. However, it's well constructed and very childlike.

Comments: The child-like, almost dollish, features are pulled off well. I like that you used the teacup to show size, as well as the "toy" of your entry. I wish there was a bit more to this though, as it feels that the outfit was thrown together.

Comments: A doll and tea party accessories really hits the theme well, albeit uncreatively. I like that the doll is in the tea cup - it's a cute twist. I can't figure out if the tea cup is really big or the doll is really small! The face works really well. Overall it's kind of a middling avatar for me. Not bad, but it doesn't stand out either.

Total: 70

fart
Comments: While I like the idea behind this, it is definitely visually unappealing. I think you could have done trendy clothes without just slopping stuff on there: the dress is quite awkward when layered with the jacket, making her almost look preggo. I wish you'd used more glamorous eyes because these scream more crack-whore than doll.

Comments: Bwahahaha! Wonderful choice in toy to emulate! I love the attitude, and find the use of those horrid lips genius. The face, despite those lips, seems bare though. Don't those monstrosities wear makeup?

Comments: This is a decent avatar, though it doesn't stand out much. The lips are a nice cartoony touch to make it seem like an exaggerated doll rather than a real person. I like the styling except for the pants, which seem a bit raggedy compared to the other items that are much more lush. I'm not a huge fan of those eyes. The snap is a nice touch!

Total: 81

padfoott
Comments: Without the description, this doesn't read toy at all. This looks like a girl at the beach and you've just written that she's a toy. A doll skin may seem a bit contrived, but it definitely would have helped with the theme. I dislike how heavily this relies on the description.

Comments: This is a simple, yet strong, entry. You created a doll, gave her a theme, and a funny little description. The use of the Masquerade gives her face a plastic look that I wish was extended throughout the rest of the body. Nicely done though.

Comments: The avatar looks awesome, but I'm having a hard time seeing toy without the description. Especially with the sweat item; dolls don't sweat! Even interpreting it as water since she's a beach doll, it still seems a bit too human. That description is hilarious, though! I like that you pushed the limits and made it a bit risque without going overboard.

Total: 80

Swift
Comments: It's a cute take on a doll, but I feel like you've got too many ideas going on. I get that she's supposed to be able to do everything, but so can Barbie and she never wore this much random junk straight out of the box. I wish you'd taken maybe one or two ideas and went from there.

Comments: The shape of this entry gives it extremely doll-like qualities. The straight hair, the pointed feet, even the face, creates the illusion of a child's toy. However, doing everything, and wearing everything, are two different things.

Comments: I'm liking your unique take on a doll. I like the concept that she does so many things, but I'm not sure I like the execution as much - it kind of looks a bit disjointed (haha, bad doll pun!) The face is really cute although the eyes are a bit too dark.

Total: 85

Autio
Total: 33/35
Comments: Considering that just about everyone went with a doll or action figure, I find this quite refreshing. From an aesthetic POV I wish you'd chosen a skin that wasn't quite so stark; it's a bit jarring to the eye.

Comments: I had to look at your previous entries to make sure wha I was about to say was true. It turns out I'm right: You know how to get the judge's attention. This is by far the most creative entry this round. Everyone did a great job, but yuo took it to a level that I thought I wouldn't see until the finals. Trading Card Games are in fact part of the toy universe, and I'm glad someone decided to attempt them. Wonderful job. The only qualm I have is the description. I would like to know what she does, not how rare she is.

Comments: Your interpretation of the theme really wowed me. That being said, I find the styling only okay. I'm not sure if I like that skin, though I can see why you chose it.

Total: 95

D!sco~'s Wife

Lavish Ladykiller

13,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gender Swap 100
User ImageDeoxtri
User Image

Shimmertits

fart jokes
User Image

User Image
Ecelectice

Remedy Forgotten
"She loves to crash all the parties"

Autio Ainoa
User Image
"I wouldn't go to that new cupcake shop if I were you... you don't know what they do in the back room."

User Imagepadfoott
No Entry

D!sco~'s Wife

Lavish Ladykiller

13,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gender Swap 100
User Image
marwolfer
iymcool
Navean

Deoxtri
Total: 21/35
Comments: I'm not getting as evil of a feel of this as I would like. It's too subtle and cliche for me. :/ And I don't understand the watermelon. It feels like you just stuck it on because it was necessary for the round instead of actually incorporating the item.

Style: 6/5
Comments: I like the idea of using a poisoned watermelon. It's creative and original. What I don't care much for is the base. The face is clearly a male, however, the shape of the legs is obviously a female.

Comments: You did a really awesome job. The face and atmosphere are great to make it subtly sinister. I'm not really a fan of your food choice, though; it's a bit bright and seems randomly tacked on in order to meet the challenge requirements.

Total: 76

Shimmertits
Comments: I'm not getting sinister from this. The expression is way too cutesy, and the lollipop is definitely not helping with the evil demeanor. She doesn't look like a villain to me; more like just a red/white/black avatar.

Style: 6/5
Comments: I see where you were going. However, it seems you focused more so on color matching than the actual theme of the challenge. The face seems a but to kind, and the wrapper on the lollipop makes me feel as though it's not poisoned or dangerous at all.

Comments: Your avatar is super cute, though I think it's a bit too subtle with the sinister side. The food choice doesn't fit great for me either. Overall, though, you did a great job.

Total: 72

fart jokes
Comments: Now this subtlety works for me. The barely visible bottle of "poison" and the expression are both wonderful. Great job.

Style: 7/5
Comments: I absolutely adore this. The devious look in her eyes, and the poison behind the tea, this clearly fit the requirements for the round. I like the screen, however, I wish there was a bit more of a push for the background. It almost looks like the screen was tacked on to push the geisha idea a bit.

Comments: I love the face. The makeup and expression are nice. The bottle with the skull and cross-bones on it is a quite clever touch. I'm not a huge fan of that dress as it's so plain. I wish there had been a little something more to it, a belt or obi or even a different dress entirely.

Total: 92

Swift
Comments: Overall, I love it. The colors and the item choice. I just don't really see the evil in it. It could just be peeved or pissy today instead of being a bad guy. In fact, the expression strikes me as a little spoiled.

Style: 8/5
Comments: The style in this is lovely, as always. The detailing of the outfit, and the choice of expression, all work together. However, I just don't see the theme in this one. All I see is an upset fashionista. I wish you had chosen a different edible, as the tea seem to blend into the outfit. I had to look up your entry to see what type of food/drink you selected.

Comments: My biggest problem with this is that I'm having a hard time seeing the theme in it. A better expression would have helped, I think. The colors are beautiful and overall I rather like the avatar.

Total: 86

Sara
Comments: Your entire evil thing gets lost in all the other random aesthetic that is going on. I completely miss the face because there's so much going on everywhere else in the avatar. :/ Which is a shame because it's such a great expression.

Style: 8/5
Comments: Fantastic layering! The expression is great and the choice of food/drink fits in well. I almost wish you didn't include a description though, as now I can only see her as a party crasher, instead of an outright villain.

Comments: It's a nice avatar, but it doesn't really stand out to me. The expression is great, but it's hidden behind the glasses and hair which takes away from it a bit. I think the avatar is slightly over-worked.

Total: 80

Autio
Comments: You could have pushed this so much harder. The cupcake/skull ghost/syringe combo is so great, but the outfit just doesn't make much sense... I wish you'd styled her differently.

Comments: You achieved your theme well. The premise of poisoned cupcakes is adorable, and the execution is sound. However, what you achieved in theme, you seemed to falter on style. The uniform could have been a lot more instead of just an apron over a dress.

Comments: The skulls coming out are cute, if a bit cartoony. Overall it's not an impressive avatar, though. It's just a bit lackluster in spirit. The idea has so much potential and I wish you'd pushed it further. I'm not a fan of the face mask and wish I could see the full expression, not just the eyes.

Total: 78

padfoott
DQ'd

D!sco~'s Wife

Lavish Ladykiller

13,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gender Swap 100
User ImageDeoxtri

Autio Ainoa
User Image

Remmy

User Image
Swift

Shimmertits

fart jokes

D!sco~'s Wife

Lavish Ladykiller

13,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gender Swap 100
User Image
marwolfer
iymcool
Navean

Deoxtri
Comments: This looks the most authentic and realistic to me. Unfortunately, it's a bit of a disconnect from the dragon. While you don't have to MATCH your dragon, the one you chose has such a fantasy/more cartoon feel than your avatar. Overall, I think it's a great avatar and that was mostly just a nitpick. The cape blends in a bit too much, too.

Comments: This entry, at least to me, is the strongest in terms of theme. When I think viking (with the given restrictions) this is what I see. I wish the dragon was incorporated a bit more though, either through a background, or some sort of pallette matching.

Comments: I like the avatar overall, but it's lacking a bit of oomph, like you could have pushed it just a bit more, especially theme-wise; I'm having trouble seeing Viking exactly. I like the eyes and the facial scar, but I don't like the beard layering - it looks like a weird patch on the chin rather than facial hair. I think a mouth would have helped that immensely.

Total: 84

Autio
Comments: There is something offputting about the face... I think it's the scars in combination with the mouth. I like that you have a viking that seems to be peacefully cohabitating with her dragon (ie no weapon!), but the cape blends in too well with the dragon, imo. I wish you'd chosen something a bit darker to keep with the darker colors of your outfit.

Comments: A viking without a weapon? Facing a dragon?! Egads! She won't be home for dinner... I adore the choice of dragon for two reasons: 1) This resembles the type of dragon seen in the movie and 2) This is one of the only dragons that isn't being used by another person.

Comments: Although the dragon is a bit bright compared to the avatar, they coordinate fairly well. The avatar is lacking something special for me. A weapon would have been nice to see. I'm only sort of seeing the Viking theme here.

Total: 81

Remedy
Comments: I adore the color scheme of this. It feels very much like a Gaia avatar that could easily be worn around the AT. The viking theme is still very strong while you managed to keep it a Remedy avatar. Well done.

Comments: This is my hands down favorite this round. You've created a unique viking with a wonderful color scheme that incorporates your dragon's. It would have been nice to see a bit of emotion in her face though.

Comments: Your avatar goes well with your dragon choice. The colors are very nice. My biggest complaint is the bare leg. I know it shows the scars well, but since Vikings lived in cold areas and the rest of the avatar is very well covered, the bare leg seems a bit random and unbefitting of the theme.

Total: 96

Swift
Comments: So elegant! I like the "pretty" fantasy thing, but I feel it a bit lacking on the viking front. It's more like something from Eragon than How to Train Your Dragon. And that mouth? Why did multiple people use it this round? It's so derpy. So A+ on the aesthetics, but B- on the viking theme.

Total: 21/35
Comments: Extremely well put together, Swift. The layering works and the colors flow. However, this looks more like a knight than a viking. To me, it looks like the king sent someone to stop the dragon from storming the castle.

Comments: Your avatar works well for the background, but I'm not sure how great it goes with the dragon. It's not terrible, just not the best either. That being said, the avatar itself is pretty nice. I like the face very much, though I'm not sure how I feel about the tooth sticking out of the mouth.

Total: 77

Shimmertits
Comments: Very nice contrast. I really love the face on this; sort of like a blind warrior with only one eye left. I also like that you used some other background items to give it a dynamic feel without using a full blown background. However, much like with Swift's entry, I fail to see the viking here. In fact, after the face, I don't get any sort of warrior feel. Perhaps it's more of a magical character? I just wish there was more viking in it; one or two stereotypical items could have really helped you out without killing the design.

Theme: 3/10
Total: 15/35
Comments: The scarred shut eye was a very smart move. However, that's where the challenge seems to end with this entry. I don't see anything, aside from perhaps the styling of the boots, to suggest that this person is a viking.

Comments: I'm really not seeing Viking here, which is my biggest problem with this avatar. She's really just way too bare: Vikings dressed in layers. That being said, I do like the avatar itself. I like that you chose to contrast your dragon in color while still keeping the attitude - it coordinates well. I wish you'd moved the dragon behind the avatar, though; on its current layer, the hair layers very weirdly.

Total: 68

fart
Comments: It feels VERY messy to me. You were one of the few who tried to match your dragon, but for me you got a bit lost in the matching. I just can't get into it. :/ Sorry.

Comments: I don't see viking to much in this one either. I like the spear, and the layering of the helmet. The color coordination with your dragon works, without your entry blending in. The layering of the braid on the shoulder though, when it hits the waist, is a bit disctracting, as I can't tell if it's actually hair, or perhaps a boa.

Comments: The colors are very nice and your avatar fits with your dragon. I like the helmet quite a bit. I wish the avatar was more covered so the whole avatar shared the same heavy layering. I feel that would have worked better thematically. The hands and upper legs kind of blend in a bit, so perhaps a bit more contrast would have helped. Pay attention to your layering; the anklet is layered over your spear, which just looks awkward.

Total: 75

D!sco~'s Wife

Lavish Ladykiller

13,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gender Swap 100
User ImageDeoxtri
Stableman

Swift
Model

fart jokes
Carhop

User Image
Remedy Forgotten
Librarian

name

D!sco~'s Wife

Lavish Ladykiller

13,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gender Swap 100
User Image
marwolfer
iymcool
Navean

Deoxtri
Comments: Yeah, this definitely must be a local thing, because both men and women work with horses equally. The avatar itself is cute and simple, but I wish it fit the theme a bit more. I will give you some theme points, though, for at least picking something you know to be true, even if it's not a universal truth.

Comments: I like that you created something realistic. The scne is set up nicely, and this is believable. However, a stable keeper is an androgynous role. I grew up riding horses with both boys as well as girls. Granted, English riding (as protrayed here) is dominated by females in a lot of North America, I feel that as a whole, horse riding doesn't have a true gender stereotype.

Comments: Perhaps it's a regional thing, but the profession you've chosen doesn't strike me as being particularly female dominated. However, the avatar is simple and cute and the profession is portrayed well. I wish it had a little more oomph to it, though.

Total: 69

Swift
Comments: Haha, I think this is great! He's got the perfect brooding pout. I think the pants are a bit bulky, but everything is so well put together that I can forget that one tiny bit.

Comments: I ******** love the attitude! You have a great theme here. Male models are often forgotten by many.

Comments: You hit the nail on the head with your choice. You've definitely shown us male model, though I don't think it's the most creative choice. I find the bottom of the pants very messy.

Total: 84

fart
Comments: It's a nice theme, but I wish the outfit was more simplified. It's a bit too busy to be practical for serving food to obnoxious customers.

Total: 33/35
Comments: This is what this round called for. You took a job with a strong female stereotype (a carhop, not just a server, but a carhop) and made it into a strong male position. I wish the face was a bit kinder, however, nicely done.

Comments: When you first mentioned a waiter as an idea, I was a bit nervous; being a server, I know the split in restaurants is usually pretty even. But seeing your entry, you've definitely gone the proper direction with the carhop. I'm also glad you chose to go with the coin thing instead of the apron, as that was too girly. I'm not a fan of those gloves - they seem big and clunky and would probably make it hard to carry things or handle money, especially coins. They don't work aesthetically for me either with the way they stick out.

Total: 94

Remedy
Comments: It's a bit boring, but not a bad avatar. I wish there was some of the pinstripe on the head just to keep continuity (or at least for him to have slicker hair). Overall, not bad.

Comments: Nicely constructed. The scene is set well, and the role is translated nicely. I wish there was more to the bottom than just a leg mod though.

Comments: I find the avatar okay, but it doesn't really stand out much. I don't like how the textures work with each other, though I do appreciate the repetition of the stripes. It feels a bit messy. The background works well.

Total: 76

Autio
Withdrew

D!sco~'s Wife

Lavish Ladykiller

13,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gender Swap 100
User ImageRemedy
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Deoxtri
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Swift

User Image
fart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff