Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fluffy Fatcat

User Image

California - the happiest place on Earth, the place where dreams come true.

Some people stand up and face their problems, but none of these young adults did that. It was easier to run, to follow their dreams - or their friends, as some may have it. They left their homes, their families, their boyfriends and girlfriends, all to come to California.

Unfortunately problems don't wave goodbye at the airport and some of our lovely new Californians are finding that out rather quickly.

Fluffy Fatcat

User Image

THE AUSTRALIANS

The duo from down under grew up, and spent their entire life, in Bondi Beach. Growing up in a sheltered household, the twins had never even left their busy little state for a day trip. These two saved money from their part-time jobs and the remainder of their college funds to get to California.

Australian Girl 1 has it all: fame, attention, guys wrapped around her finger, and a serious drinking problem. As the younger twin, she always felt the need to overachieve and use what she had to get what she wanted. And she got what she wanted. But with great power comes great responsibility and the young Australian couldn't walk the walk. She knew her drinking was a problem the night she hit her sister's boyfriend while driving drunk. Instead of facing her problems, Australian Girl 1 chose to run from them instead. Thank God her twin is always by her side.

Australian Girl 2 lives in her twin's shadow and in an attempt to be just like her, the less popular Australian has developed an eating disorder. Unfortunately she's always been chunky and despite hardly eating at all, she can't seem to lose any weight. After seeing her boyfriend lying in a hospital bed, bruised and broken from head to toe, Australian Girl 2 ate everything in her fridge and made the mistake of purging right as her parents came home. Just like her twin, she's running from the treatment her parents tried to get her.

THE ENGLISH

Though they're not related, the English pair grew up in the same household after the English Boy's parents died and the English Girl's family adopted him. They don't consider each other siblings but they might as well be, considering how close they are. To fly over, they stole money from the English Girl's father, leaving only an apology note in their wake.

English Boy got himself into some big trouble with some bad people - very bad people. His first day as a legal adult, he managed to gamble away everything he owned; or rather, everything he doesn't own. He tried to reason with them, but they threatened his best friend. Unable to deal with the situation on his own and not wanting anyone else in trouble, the young English man grabbed his best friend and fled the country.

English Girl couldn't handle the small town she lived in anymore. They were all so judgemental. And the English Girl didn't fit in, being a lesbian and all. Her hatred for her hometown came to blows one night when three of her university classmates broke into her apartment. She won't talk about what happened, but everyone around town found out and blamed her. Since then, she's been finding "love" in the arms of many women - some of whom even live in the same building as her.

THE CANADIANS

The Canadians had a bit of an odd situation. Their mothers were best friends, even went to the same lamaze and prenatal yoga classes together. The Canadians were born on the same day, in the same hospital, within minutes of one another. However, they were separated for many years, as the Canadian Boy moved to Vancouver while the Canadian Girl remained in Montreal until graduating high school. These two have been living together for a few years and they both worked part-time between college classes, so they saved up money, sold their little condo, and drove down to California one morning.

Canadian Boy is a wanted felon. Why? He had sex with a fifteen year old. Of course he wasn't aware of her age, but that didn't stop the young teen's parents from pressing charges. He ran the week the court papers came to his door. No one really knows the whole story, but the Canadian Boy was thankful when his best friend agreed to move with him.

Canadian Girl is pregnant. Under normal circumstances, she would've been excited. But this time she wasn't, seeing as the father was one of her professors. When the Canadian Boy gave her an out, providing the Canadian Girl with a way to save her secret boyfriend's career, her own reputation, and whatever familial relationships she had, the young girl jumped on it no questions asked.

THE AMERICANS

Unfortunately, the American boys don't have as happy a tale as the others. They spent their life in near poverty with their parents, who were both mentally unstable and drug addicts, and a pre-teen sister. Their family barely afforded basic necessities and both brothers began working after school the moment they were able to get their first job. About six months before they moved, Social Services took their younger sister from their parents. Getting to California cost them more than their dignity, but thankfully they had connections and no shame, so a few dirty deeds got them here.

American Boy 1 left home so he could end his life in peace, without anyone knowing. Despite a shitty home life, he didn't want to cause his family any more pain and thought it seemed easier to become a missing person than to let his family find him limp and lifeless. It wasn't until he sat down on the plane next to a very familiar face did he realize his younger brother had followed him to California.

American Boy 2 followed his older brother after finding out his plans, but left to escape an abusive relationship and his parent's depression and near constant drug use. Secretly he's hoping to find their lost little sister in California. Though he just can't shake the feeling that someone is always watching him... Or maybe that's just a side effect of not taking his medication in over a month.

Fluffy Fatcat

User Image

writing. I expect you to have a decent grasp of the English language. Make sure your posts don't have an abundance of spelling or grammatical errors and try to use varied sentence structures, etc. Keep your posts concise and moving the plot forward. As for length, I expect a minimum of 3 - 4 meaty paragraphs for each post, though I understand that eventually things start to move as such a rate, whether it is fast or slow, that makes long posts impossible.

posting. Font size must be 10 or 11 for posts. Use the character colours provided. If you have an issue with your character's colour, feel free to suggest another but know I may or may not allow it. Please use a nice post format for your characters, but don't have 10 images and a thousand lines of coding in every style! Just make it pretty. I can help you out if you need.

profiles. Use real people only for characters. No celebrities. Make sure all your pictures are of the same person! Please no super sob stories or anything that doesn't fit with the plot. I also would prefer variety - not everyone has to be Caucasian and tall, thin, and amazing.

schedules. I understand that people get busy but please post at least twice a week. If you can't meet this minimum, I will be forced to remove you. You have one day to post after being accepted/the roleplay starts.

other crap. Don't steal, don't cause ooc drama, don't be a jerk. Swear all you want. Follow the TOS. Title your reservations your favourite cartoon character. Reservations last 12 hours. Title profiles your characters full name. Blah blah. Rules are for chumps.

Fluffy Fatcat

User Image

Please send a post sample with your profile or reservation.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
more images here. use a quote or song lyric.

x___My Real Name Is → First Middle Last
            x___But You Can Call Me → Maximum of five nicknames.
            x___I Was Born On → Birthday. Month and day only. Type it out.
            x___And I'm Currently → Age.
            x___The Doctor Announced → Gender
            x___And I Happen To Like → Sexual preference.
            x___But I Couldn't Help But Fall For → Love interest.

x___My Eyes Are A Lovely Shade Of → Eye colour.
            x___My Hair Is Currently → Hair colour.
            x___I Stand At → Height.
            x___Weigh In At → Weight. BE REALISTIC and keep the BMI above 20.
            x___And Wear A Size → Shoe size.

x___I Can't Live Without → Likes. At least ten. Horizontal list.
            x___I Would Rather Live Without → Dislikes. At least ten. Horizontal list.
            x___I Can't Handle → Fears. At least five. Horizontal list.

Below I want fifteen facts about your character. FIVE about their life, FIVE about their personality, and at least ONE about why they left home.

x___One → Fact
            x___Two → Fact
            x___Three → Fact
            x___Four → Fact
            x___Five → Fact
            x___Six → Fact
            x___Seven → Fact
            x___Eight → Fact
            x___Nine → Fact
            x___Ten → Fact
            x___Eleven → Fact
            x___Twelve → Fact
            x___Thirteen → Fact
            x___Fourteen → Fact
            x___Fifteen → Fact

x___And My Master Is → Username

[b]Please send a post sample with your profile or reservation.[/b]

[align=center][img]IMG HERE[/img]
[size=7][color=gray]more images here. use a quote or song lyric.[/color][/size][/align]

[list][list][list][list][list] [size=11][color=gray]x___[color=YOURCOLOR]My Real Name Is[/color] → First Middle Last
x___[color=YOURCOLOR]But You Can Call Me[/color] → Maximum of five nicknames.
x___[color=YOURCOLOR]I Was Born On[/color] → Birthday. Month and day only. Type it out.
x___[color=YOURCOLOR]And I'm Currently[/color] → Age.
x___[color=YOURCOLOR]The Doctor Announced[/color] → Gender
x___[color=YOURCOLOR]And I Happen To Like[/color] → Sexual preference.
x___[color=YOURCOLOR]But I Couldn't Help But Fall For[/color] → Love interest.

x___[color=YOURCOLOR]My Eyes Are A Lovely Shade Of[/color] → Eye colour.
x___[color=YOURCOLOR]My Hair Is Currently[/color] → Hair colour.
x___[color=YOURCOLOR]I Stand At[/color] → Height.
x___[color=YOURCOLOR]Weigh In At[/color] → Weight. BE REALISTIC and keep the BMI above 20.
x___[color=YOURCOLOR]And Wear A Size[/color] → Shoe size.

x___[color=YOURCOLOR]I Can't Live Without[/color] → Likes. At least ten. Horizontal list.
x___[color=YOURCOLOR]I Would Rather Live Without[/color] → Dislikes. At least ten. Horizontal list.
x___[color=YOURCOLOR]I Can't Handle[/color] → Fears. At least five. Horizontal list.

Below I want fifteen facts about your character. FIVE about their life, FIVE about their personality, and at least ONE about why they left home.

x___[color=YOURCOLOR]One[/color] → Fact
x___[color=YOURCOLOR]Two[/color] → Fact
x___[color=YOURCOLOR]Three[/color] → Fact
x___[color=YOURCOLOR]Four[/color] → Fact
x___[color=YOURCOLOR]Five[/color] → Fact
x___[color=YOURCOLOR]Six[/color] → Fact
x___[color=YOURCOLOR]Seven[/color] → Fact
x___[color=YOURCOLOR]Eight[/color] → Fact
x___[color=YOURCOLOR]Nine[/color] → Fact
x___[color=YOURCOLOR]Ten[/color] → Fact
x___[color=YOURCOLOR]Eleven[/color] → Fact
x___[color=YOURCOLOR]Twelve[/color] → Fact
x___[color=YOURCOLOR]Thirteen[/color] → Fact
x___[color=YOURCOLOR]Fourteen[/color] → Fact
x___[color=YOURCOLOR]Fifteen[/color] → Fact

x___[color=YOURCOLOR]And My Master Is[/color] → Username[/size] [/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]

Fluffy Fatcat

User Image

NAME | AUSTRALIAN GIRL 1 | 21 - 25 | ROSY BROWN | OPEN | USERNAME
            NAME | AUSTRALIAN GIRL 2 | 21 - 25 | MEDIUM SEA GREEN | OPEN | USERNAME
            NAME | ENGLISH GIRL | 22 - 27 | MEDIUM VIOLET RED | OPEN | USERNAME
            NAME | CANADIAN GIRL | 19 - 25 | LIGHT CORAL | TAKEN | just a muggle

NAME | ENGLISH BOY | 23 - 29 | GOLDENROD | OPEN | USERNAME
            NAME | AMERICAN BOY 1 | 22 - 30 | DARK CYAN | TAKEN | just a muggle
            NAME | AMERICAN BOY 2 | 19 - 21 | OLIVE DRAB | OPEN | USERNAME
            NAME | CANADIAN BOY | 19 - 25 | SIENNA | OPEN | USERNAME

Fluffy Fatcat

User Image

Relationships are not permanent and these will/should change throughout the roleplay!

Relationships

None

xxx ♥ xxx

Crushes

→ ..... One-way
            ↔ ..... Mutual

American Boy 1 ↔ Australian Girl 2
            English Boy ↔ Canadian Girl
            American Boy 2 → English Boy
            Canadian Boy → Australian Girl 1
            Australian Girl 1 → English Boy

Friends with Benefits

English Girl ✰ Australian Girl 1

Related

Australian Girl 1 x Australian Girl 2
            American Boy 1 x American Boy 2

Fluffy Fatcat

User Image

Date: Friday, September 5th

Time: x:xx*M

Weather: Sunny as balls. Still warm enough to go swimming and tan at the beach.

Temperature: 77°F / 25°C

---

The Australians and the English have been living in California for 6 months.

The Canadians and Americans have been living in California for 2 months.

Everyone has settled in as best they can. Everyone is working either part-time or full time and some are going to college/university - if they can afford it.

All the young adults know one another well, as they live on the same floor in their apartment building.

---

Apartment Building Floor Plan

All suites pictured are located on the third (top) floor of a small apartment building.

The Australians and the English are sharing Suite #1. The Australians are sharing bedroom 1. English Girl has bedroom 2. English Boy has bedroom 3.

The Canadians are sharing Suite #2. Canadian Girl has bedroom 1. Canadian Boy has bedroom 2.

The Americans are sharing Suite #3. American Boy 2 has the bedroom. American Boy 1 sleeps in the living room.

---

events etc here setting blah blah

Fluffy Fatcat

User Image

Announcements

Fluffy Fatcat

Fluffy Fatcat

Fluffy Fatcat

Fluffy Fatcat

Fluffy Fatcat

Fluffy Fatcat

Fluffy Fatcat