Welcome to Gaia! ::

What do you think?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on April 28, 2005.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3 4 >

Orion Heart
Atog
I didn't insult the game. I insulted you. There's a big difference.

I don't need to know about a comic or the Japanese cards to see the same kids playing tourneys every week. There's nobody in those tournaments older than 16.... but the Friday Night Magic tourneys easily get ten or twelve former Yugioh players who've moved on.

Besides... any game that calls its players anything other than players is downright silly. If you need to be called a duelist to feel good about yourself, you've got bigger problems than playing the wrong game.

And you believe I protest wildly that I'm a duelist? By Krath's radiant glow, I don't refer to myself as that, I'm just a player like everyone else. if you beleive otherwise, go right ahead and suit yourself. My question then arises, these letters that are sent home to parents. You wouldn't happen to have one handy, would you? Give me something to laugh about.

Congrats on not being retarded enough to refer to yourself by some random term some random rules writer came up with. When I hear kids calling themselves and others that, I feel like sitting them down and explaining exactly what that propaganda really means.

I don't have one on me.... I'm too ancient to even remember going to school. The next time one of the kids comes into the store bitching about the letters, I'll try to get one. Most of the parents aren't stupid enough to do anything that letter says to do... it's an overreaction by a superintendent who lets his religious beliefs get in the way of running a public school district, and they know it.
Atog
...it's an overreaction by a superintendent who lets his religious beliefs get in the way of running a public school district...

In my city, the same was said about Magic. However, some elementry schools have bought YGO starter decks to teach children math. As I said, the basics. 1+1=2, 2-1=1, that kind of thing.
i dont think a school would do that. actully i'm almost postive unless it's private
Atog
Orion Heart
Atog
The schools around here make the students tear their cards up.... even if they don't take them to school.

How about... no?

Are you questioning My authority?

The schools make the kids tear their cards up if they're found with them on school grounds, at school functions, etc. They also send letters home to parents detailing why Yugayoh is a bad game. Most of the parents are intelligent enough to do the right thing, make the kids tear up the rest of their cards, and go back to more wholesome activities like self-mutilation and depression.

i question it.
1) Yu-gi-oh is a great card game for kids to get into. It teackes them good math skills as well as gives them something constructive to do

2) I admit it. Im 18. I play the card game, and hell i enjoy it. I even started up a little tourny that i hold every week for my sub divison. The parents like the idea as it keeps there kids out of harms way.

3) Im guessing you go to christian schools where they think that all card games are the devil.

Devout Sex Symbol

10,500 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
Ah, what school is it I would the middle school I go to have Yu-Gi-Oh touramants
AkuIchi
My middle school has Yu-Gi-Oh Tournaments, but only for people who go there. It's allowed too because they announce it on the loud speaker for anyone who wants to join. I don't play Yu-Gi-Oh anymore though, so I don't know what happens there. However, I know some people who have been to it though and won one of the top three ranks. Is my school weird for having this?
If they did that in my school people would walk in and beat the s**t out of everyone in the room.
and u will get beat by this guy

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
wow.....ok....
iit's lavitz yes legend of dragoon. but u will still get beat by joe

User Image
It seems obvious that those who are members of the Yugioh club (or whatever it'd be called) would be made fun of, but I think it's a good and fine idea.

...making kids tear up their cards is too much. Some cards are very costly... I can understand people ignorantly fearing that the games are some sort of sorcery, but if they'd take the time to look at it intelligently, they should see it's an alright passtime.
I remember those days. Didn't matter what you played really, everyone had SOMETHING to say about it.

If you played Magic or Yu-Gi-Oh they'd make some worthless comment on whether or not you're gonna waste all your money and sell your possessions to get a few worthless cards. And how you should grow up from playing a 'kids' game.

It seems like the people who really cares about WHAT game you play is the other players from other games. Kinda immature on both ends.

Everyone else sees it as childish filth and you're gonna end up growin' fat and livin' in your parents basement Stereotype.

In terms of Braggin rights, I don't think "I won a National Tournament in Magic: The Gathering Card Game" to be much of a bragging right, nor would it be for any other CCG.

They're meant to be played, not to redicule other people for.

Distinct Gaian

I think the whole thing of Schools not wanting cards to be brought to school is becuase there is a high risk that someone will attempt to steal them..

But they can't make you rip up the cards just because they think it's evil so much for free will eh?
well that is kind of weard i have tryed to do that not enough people liked it so if the kids like it whats the harm
I want to go to that high school now, just to mock that dipshit rule biggrin

Anyway, the real funny thing is no one seems to realize that Guns = CCG for adults, well on one level of thinking. It's all the same crap, you buy stuff, use it in tournaments, better guns and more practice = winzors, and now that you are out of ammo or need a new gun, by god you need to buy a new one surprised Seriously, no one thinks of it like that. Same with cars, and other 'sports' it's pathetic that people are still stuck looking in black and white.

Anyway, that's my little rant 3nodding
Super Lech
I want to go to that high school now, just to mock that dipshit rule biggrin

Anyway, the real funny thing is no one seems to realize that Guns = CCG for adults, well on one level of thinking. It's all the same crap, you buy stuff, use it in tournaments, better guns and more practice = winzors, and now that you are out of ammo or need a new gun, by god you need to buy a new one surprised Seriously, no one thinks of it like that. Same with cars, and other 'sports' it's pathetic that people are still stuck looking in black and white.

Anyway, that's my little rant 3nodding

That's not true about all cars (wishes had the eclipse made on need for speed underground 2) some times people just get them because they can do some fun stuff with it (noz, hydrolics, neo lights and so on).

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff