Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hilarious Gekko

OK, first of all, I need help improving my tournament deck. At the last tournament I went to, I didn't make it to the final round, and yet I was able to beat all three of the people that got in first place a few days before for fun. Maybe I'm just unlucky? *shrug* Anyway, if you can spot anything wrong with my deck, please tell me.

NOTE: YOU CALL MY DECK A COOKIE-CUTTER, YOU DIE. The n00bs stole the chaos theme from me! It was MYYYYY idea!! crying

*ahem* The deck:

MAJOR MONSTERS:

Black Luster Soldier: Envoy
Chaos Sorcerer x3
Silent Swordsman LV 5
Dark Ruler Ha Des (my BABY!!)

DARK MONSTERS:
Mystic Tomato x2
Spirit Reaper
Witch of the Black Forest
Sangan
Kuriboh
Skilled Dark Magician

LIGHT MONSTERS:
Shining Angel x2
D.D. Warrior Lady
Mirage Dragon
Blade Knight
Thunder Nyan Nyan
Magician of Faith x2

MAGIC CARDS:
Pot of Greed
Graceful Charity
Swords of Revealing Light
Painful Choice
Heavy Storm
Harpie's Feather Duster
Mystical Space Typhoon
Dark Hole
Change of Heart
Monster Reborn
Monster Reincarnation
Messenger of Peace
Confiscation
Nobleman of Crossout
Scapegoat

TRAP CARDS:
Trap Jammer
Magic Cylinder
Torrential Tribute
Time Seal
Call of the Haunted
Mirror Wall
Ceasefire
Curse of Anubis
Judgement of Anubis
Divine Wrath
Waboku or Threatening Roar (depending how the tourney plays Waboku)

45 cards. Yes, I know I'm a little heavy on Magic and Trap cards, and I'm basically screwed if Imperial Order and Jinzo are both on the field... (that's why I hate the stupid Jinzo beatdown cookie-cutter decks...ARGH!)

Anyway, suggestions?
Jinzo and Imperial on the field? Jinzo would negate Imperial, dummy(unless Amplifier was on the field. . .and no one play Amplifier anyhow).
While you are correct that this deck isn't any where near to be a Cookie-Cutter deck. However, it's not following the Advanced format. In other words, you're using banned cards that are allowed in Traditional format tournaments. However, you're running an absolutely terrible monster line up that makes no sense at all. Your trap support consists of cards that would be dead weight late into the game. Little magic and trap negation, no technical hits and only two damage/attack negators. However your line up is the standard CC in the traditional format. Needs some work here in order to hold its own against any of deck belonging to a regular here. Sorry about that.
Edit: Blarg.
Orion Heart
While you are correct that this deck isn't any where near to be a Cookie-Cutter deck. However, it's not following the Advanced format. In other words, you're using banned cards that are allowed in Traditional format tournaments. However, you're running an absolutely terrible monster line up that makes no sense at all. Your trap support consists of cards that would be dead weight late into the game. Little magic and trap negation, no technical hits and only two damage/attack negators. However your line up is the standard CC in the traditional format. Needs some work here in order to hold its own against any of deck belonging to a regular here. Sorry about that.

You took the pixel letters right out of my mouth. sweatdrop
your deck maes me sad in my pants
its your cookie cutter chaos!!!! there i said it, we were all thinking it though
and if thes is tradional, where is CED??

anyways to improve this deck, take out skilled dark for archfiend soldier
just as powerful, but with 1500 def is witchable
the tomatoes can be replaced with better darks since most of your darks are searchers anyways.
ArtikGato
OK, first of all, I need help improving my tournament deck. At the last tournament I went to, I didn't make it to the final round, and yet I was able to beat all three of the people that got in first place a few days before for fun. Maybe I'm just unlucky? *shrug* Anyway, if you can spot anything wrong with my deck, please tell me.

NOTE: YOU CALL MY DECK A COOKIE-CUTTER, YOU DIE. The n00bs stole the chaos theme from me! It was MYYYYY idea!! crying

*ahem* The deck:

MAJOR MONSTERS:

Black Luster Soldier: Envoy
Chaos Sorcerer x3
Silent Swordsman LV 5
Dark Ruler Ha Des (my BABY!!)

DARK MONSTERS:
Mystic Tomato x2
Spirit Reaper
Witch of the Black Forest
Sangan
Kuriboh
Skilled Dark Magician

LIGHT MONSTERS:
Shining Angel x2
D.D. Warrior Lady
Mirage Dragon
Blade Knight
Thunder Nyan Nyan
Magician of Faith x2

MAGIC CARDS:
Pot of Greed
Graceful Charity
Swords of Revealing Light
Painful Choice
Heavy Storm
Harpie's Feather Duster
Mystical Space Typhoon
Dark Hole
Change of Heart
Monster Reborn
Monster Reincarnation
Messenger of Peace
Confiscation
Nobleman of Crossout
Scapegoat

TRAP CARDS:
Trap Jammer
Magic Cylinder
Torrential Tribute
Time Seal
Call of the Haunted
Mirror Wall
Ceasefire
Curse of Anubis
Judgement of Anubis
Divine Wrath
Waboku or Threatening Roar (depending how the tourney plays Waboku)

45 cards. Yes, I know I'm a little heavy on Magic and Trap cards, and I'm basically screwed if Imperial Order and Jinzo are both on the field... (that's why I hate the stupid Jinzo beatdown cookie-cutter decks...ARGH!)

Anyway, suggestions?

First, is the tournament your going to using the traditional or advanced format? If the tournament is using advanced format, you'll need to change your deck around. There are a few cards in your deck that are FORBIDDEN to use in tournaments. Go to www.yugioh-card.com to get the latest list for advanced format.

Second, I see that your deck is a little heavy on magic and trap. This is VERY BAD because you could end up with nothing but magic and trap for the first bit of a duel. Unless you get a monster, you're screwed! so I would advise you to either take out some magic and trap or add more monsters. It's always a good idea to keep your deck even between monsters and magic & trap.

Third, Since you're using a Chaos Deck, I suggest you try and get these cards that I'm going to list off. Silent Swordsman LV3 (Rise of Destiny) & LV7 (7 Trails of Glory(GBA)), Dark Magician (because you have Skilled Dark Magician), CYBER JAR (Dark Beginnings 1), Peten the Dark Clown x3 (Exclusive Pack), and Reflect Bounder (Dark Crisis).

If you try using my advice it should help your deck alot. Oh, and if you can't fit all these cards into your deck, try increasing your deck size to 50. It still flows good, so it should give you the edge in the next tournament.
It dosent matter what they say u will lose to me no matter what
Destinywinguard
your deck maes me sad in my pants
its your cookie cutter chaos!!!! there i said it, we were all thinking it though
and if thes is tradional, where is CED??

anyways to improve this deck, take out skilled dark for archfiend soldier
just as powerful, but with 1500 def is witchable
the tomatoes can be replaced with better darks since most of your darks are searchers anyways.

The searcher for the searchers.

Added Speed is always good.

More Spirit Reaper though
Pittzy05

YOU!

User Image
KusanagiRyu
Pittzy05

YOU!

<image>

How many of these do we have now?
Orion Heart
KusanagiRyu
Pittzy05

YOU!

<image>

Who, me? A lot. xd I have hefty number of cards, Photostudio, and Photbucket, so. . .
He hasn't put up thoughj sad
Pittzy05

No matter what, eh? confused A little over-confident, aren't we? You disgust me. mad
Orion Heart
KusanagiRyu
Pittzy05

YOU!

<image>

I wanna make one now. 4laugh

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff