Welcome to Gaia! ::

Okay, so my friend made this, a half-dragon ogre...

Thats +18 STR!

My friend managed to roll an 18, guess where he put it. That's right, STR. THATS 36 ******** STRENGTH! Wowza...plus he's a large creature so he gets wings. He also gets +6 CON and -2 INT and -2 CHA, I don't think he gets any penalties to anything else, anyone with a Monster Manual post the exact ability bonuses and penalties.
Dude, I would do the same thing. Maximize that ability!
You know what else is broken?
1million newyen in shadowrun, then ignoring the Avalability and Legality codes for starting characters.

If you alter the rules, or allow odd things of course things are going to be broken.
Edit: Double post.
Lacerik
Okay, so my friend made this, a half-dragon ogre...

Thats +18 STR!

My friend managed to roll an 18, guess where he put it. That's right, STR. THATS 36 ******** STRENGTH! Wowza...plus he's a large creature so he gets wings. He also gets +6 CON and -2 INT and -2 CHA, I don't think he gets any penalties to anything else, anyone with a Monster Manual post the exact ability bonuses and penalties.

*shrug* Tossing a +3 LA template on to a 4HD/+2 LA race - a total ECL of 9, and it's mildly strong? Meh, I fail to see how it's all that broken. I mean c'mon, it's ECL 9 and has... 4 hit dice. It's made of paper.
I'm just saying with a high enough initiative bonus it could kill creatures in one hit at first level.
Yeah its broken but is it fun?
Where's the fun in being a twink? I play for the story element.
36? Damn he's weak. I made one with a 54 strength. So what?
i made an avariel elf that had an ultimate longbow, and like flew up really high and shot at stuff... never got hit once... had a dex of around 25, but not at level 1
Lacerik
I'm just saying with a high enough initiative bonus it could kill creatures in one hit at first level.
the creature you're describing is equivalent to a 9th level creature (4 hit dice, racial level adjustment +2, half dragon level adjustment +3). as such, comparing it to 1st level characters isn't very interesting.
Lacerik
that's the same as saying a level 9 fighter could easily crush a level 1 fighter. you are aware that a half-dragon ogre is equivalent to a 9th level character right?
Monster races are broken. Period end!

Trust me. Monster races lead to Munchkin hell...
The exact scores are
+18 str, -2 dex, +6 con, -2 int, -2 cha
+2 base atack bonus for being ogre
4 fort 1 will 1 ref
4d8 hd
9 natural armor
1d8 bite 1d6 claw
hd increased by one step

if you want more exact details mail me
Just to add to the crazy post, listen to what my husband did with some spare time at work.

He made a 600th lvl character from lvl 1 up. Not an actual PC, but he did manage to intergrate it into a game a an NPC... more of a cameo then anything else... but just try to imagine what it could do. If you want broken thats it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff