Welcome to Gaia! ::

CHESS or CARDS?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on April 16, 2005.
No longer accepting new votes.
1 2 >

Personally i enjoy playing Chess because you have to be strategic and watch your every move. Its a fun game if you understand it.
I prefer Cards, you cna do more with a deck of cards then a chessboard and you can always play solitare.
chess sucks ppla wg0 like chess r gay
*ppl* *wh0*
just because youre bad at chess, doesnt mean you can bash it
I'd rather play chess, theres more amusement in that while you watch you apponate try and figure out your stratigy.
-=Revan-VII=-
Personally i enjoy playing Chess because you have to be strategic and watch your every move. Its a fun game if you understand it.

chess.
i can't play chess, so i perfer card games
card games would be cool on here
I play both Chess and card games (YGO and YYH), and i must say card games are more exciting. there are far more strategies in card games, plus they more exciting, than chess. but i like both anyway, whee
thats like asking
"Would you rather own a Delorian, or a race car?"

A specific thing vs a wide range of things.

Id rather have a deck of cards as there are litterally hundreds of games you can play with a single deck. Witha chess board you are limited to a few.
I like TCG more than Chess. I was never terribly good at chess, but Magic I can play.
Both.

You might recognise the American version of this as "Knightmare Chess;" this is the French card game, Tempete sur l'echiquier (Tempest on the Chessboard.)

Essentially, the card-play aspect of a Magic or Yugioh modifies the game of chess, creating all sorts of fun. For example, you might be able to double-move a rook, ninja-swap a checked king with a pawn, suicide-bomb one of yer pieces to get rid of all adjacent pieces, or even play mind games like "The next person to say the name of a piece other than King, loses one of his pieces of that rank."
That Knightmare Chess looks absolutely f'ing hilarious.

I would rather play Chess, but I enjoy both.
Sandokiri
Both.

You might recognise the American version of this as "Knightmare Chess;" this is the French card game, Tempete sur l'echiquier (Tempest on the Chessboard.)

Essentially, the card-play aspect of a Magic or Yugioh modifies the game of chess, creating all sorts of fun. For example, you might be able to double-move a rook, ninja-swap a checked king with a pawn, suicide-bomb one of yer pieces to get rid of all adjacent pieces, or even play mind games like "The next person to say the name of a piece other than King, loses one of his pieces of that rank."

**Bows low.** Though I've never played, I've always wanted to try Knightmare Chess! Especially with the card Man of Straw featured on the box.

As to which I'd play? Either. I don't care, if I have a card gamer near by, let's pull out our decks and shuffle up. Poker player? Eh, why not, no cash of course. Chess player? Let's go. Igo? You bet. Basically, I play what's available, it's all gaming.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff