Welcome to Gaia! ::

ArcVembris
As I understand, nothing is -ing in the oWoD. Everything is -ed.

I always had trouble imagining Changelings crossing with anything, their abilities odn't seem to translate well into other groups.

Actually, Changeling parallels with Demon quite nicely. Fallen spirits in mortal bodies who've forgotten much of their true self and lost much of their power...hmn....

As far as the "Angel" dealie, well, it's oWoD canon that the "Messengers" are lesser angels being given orders by the "Ministers", who are the more powerful ones (ref. "Hunter Storyteller's Handbook", "Hunter: Fall From Grace", "Hunter: The Infernal", "Demon Storyteller's Companion", and "Time of Judgement", the Demon & Hunter sections). It's the "three degrees of separation" that makes the angels hard to detect - the ministers themselves are the loyalists, the messengers are "lesser" angels to the point that they're hard to detect, and the fact that they're just being "imbued" instead of possesed results simply in a strange resonance, if you will. It's almost a parallel to Demonic Thralls - the Messengers are essentially using the faith of the Hunter to grant them power. Many of the Fallen (as well as Hunters aware of them) speculate that the Hunters were created in preparation of the Fallen's return (when the Sixth Maelstrom hit).

...I was supposed to work for WW before ToJ hit, and I made it a point to know their lines. xp I'm currently obsessed with Hunter, which I only got into when Demon was coming out (and I can now get all books for 1/2 off at my Local Game Store).
Yet the Messengers and most Angels managed to hide themselves from The Fallen, so when they returned, they found no trace of them...

One of the best pieces of relatively short fiction I've read is the whole thing about Lucifer getting kicked around by that hunter whose name i've forgotten sad

Of course, Lucifer won... But got quite a nasty wound he couldn't properly heal... ROCK!

8,700 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conversationalist 100
A_L_R
Klaark
I never considered mixing fera with Garou a crossover game. They all follow the same system and mythos.

Considering that they mostly hate each other, and have different themes, I'd consider it crossover.

Imagine trying to mix Ratkin and non-Gnawer Garou, for instance...sweet jesus.

They wouldn't get along no. But they'd all know what Gaia is and what the Wyrm is up to and all of that.

Cross vampire with werewolf and you've this question to answer. Did God create vampires by cursing Cain or was it the Wyrm that created them?

One mythos will pickle the other.
serial_experiments
Yet the Messengers and most Angels managed to hide themselves from The Fallen, so when they returned, they found no trace of them...

One of the best pieces of relatively short fiction I've read is the whole thing about Lucifer getting kicked around by that hunter whose name i've forgotten sad

Of course, Lucifer won... But got quite a nasty wound he couldn't properly heal... ROCK!

The best part is Lucifer's line at the end. Something like, "he just opened his mouth and spat light at me...and in the light, I knew God, and knew he forgave me. I've never been more insulted in my life."

...it's in the opening fiction to "Time of Judgement", if I remember right. Or the ending fiction.
serial_experiments

Crusader17, Wendell Delburton. Avenger, Divine Extremist. Granted power: Smite.

He also tried to kill Beatrice (insert Last name placeholder), aka Oracle 171...When he was given the power of smite.

Hunters are awesome...They're a weird Mix of Zergling and Matrix Agents. Anyone could be a hunter...but most are relatively weak on their own.
A_L_R
serial_experiments

The best part is Lucifer's line at the end. Something like, "he just opened his mouth and spat light at me...and in the light, I knew God, and knew he forgave me. I've never been more insulted in my life."

...it's in the opening fiction to "Time of Judgement", if I remember right. Or the ending fiction.

Ending fiction, if my memory serves me right.
And yes... That line is the most powerful line I've read in any ToJ fiction.
I've had a few succesful games with me as a player and as storyteller. I had a very succesful crossover with Vampire the Masquerade and Werewolf: The Apocalypse. And don't worry, the werewolves and vampires definately did not get along at first. I forget the name of the chronicle, but pretty much my friend and I played two Wendigo from the same pack living in the wilds of Utah. The pack alpha sent the two of us to California to find his two children because he had heard that they may be going through a first change soon.

Yeah, we get to California and all hell broke loose. It was fun. My character hated the Vampire PC that my other friend was playing, but my pack-mate liked him. Then near the end, my character liked the Vampire, being able to look beyond their differences and feeling it wasn't his fault that he was a vampire, but then my pack-mate hated the vampire. So we made a complete 180 turn there. And then it ended with a battle out in the desert outside of Las Vegas and Mother Gaia consuming the Prince of San Diego for doing what he did, but not before Myself, my packmate, and the Nosferatu fought off 3 Justicars. And then the Nosferatu became the new Prince of San Diego.

And now I'm in another OWoD game that is strictly Vampire. My characters a Baali though the other players think I'm a Brujah and now I am working for Sascha Vykos trying to become a Templar for the Sabaat.

Those two games I was a player in, but I am currently Storytelling a VtR game. This Vampire game is actually the sequel to a Mortal World of Darkness game that I ST'd. In the WoD game I made myself a character to help out the other two PC's. My character was a bounty Hunter for the Seattle Police Department, but he was also a Hunter of the Supernatural. Then there were my two friends that were in it. One played a cop for the Seattle PD and didn't believe in the Supernatural at all. The other was an actor who was a Boxing expert. Before the game started I told my friends that as soon as I got Werewolf the Forsaken, their mortal characters can become either a vampire, werewolf, or remain human. My one friend wanted to be a vampire at the end of the chronicle, so I said ok, and my other friend hadn't decided yet.

Eventually the Actor character believed in the supernatural and actually funded the little non-profit organization his character and Mine started up that hunted vampires primarily. The cop PC still didn't believe even though he saw a man ignite into flames at sunrise, got a blood sample that was mixed up with other blood samples, and found his dead wife that had two puncture marks in her neck. Anyways, to make a long story short, my character went missing (he actually left with some werewolves they had met previously and he went through his first change) and the other two PC's met a new friend. And antique dealer that got her shop blown up because of the other PC's in the chronicle. The cop and actor rushed the building that the Prince of Seattle owned and went to fight him but rather ran into one of my older Vampire the Requiem characters, the first one I ever made in fact. The cop got killed by the Princes bodyguard (my Vampire character).

Yes, I killed off one of my players, they didn't believe I would do it, so they started thinking they could get away with anything. The cop could have lived, if the actor got a 10 on his chance roll (HE GOT A 9!!!). so the cop was killed. Then the actor left and watched the building burn only to be embraced by another of the Princes bodyguards.

And now my friend has turned his character into a Vampire Vampire Hunter. He set up a homebase in Mexico (another long story), but now he is headed to Chicago along with a few others.

Okay, there are the chronicles that I am proud to talk about. Sorry it was so long, it could have been longer.
My characters in VtR are Vengeful and certainly EVIL beyond measure. They are quickly losing humanity, and are resenting it already... They even tried to kill ANOTHER PC by blowing up an apartment on its face.

Of course, what they *don't* know is that they're following the trail of a Ghoul who has spent the last 100 years hunting vampires just so he can keep himself alive and awake his Elder Domitor... Oh, and they could have prevented this if they hadn't screwed up so many times already.

Now the Elder's gonna wake up, and they're gonna be torn between two particularly nasty elders: A Prince prospect with ideals of justice and equality (His equality), and a devious madman obsessed with control.

Not to mention all the factions that are ready to jump at each other's throats as soon as the Prince steps down into Torpor...
serial_experiments
My characters in VtR are Vengeful and certainly EVIL beyond measure. They are quickly losing humanity, and are resenting it already... They even tried to kill ANOTHER PC by blowing up an apartment on its face.

Of course, what they *don't* know is that they're following the trail of a Ghoul who has spent the last 100 years hunting vampires just so he can keep himself alive and awake his Elder Domitor... Oh, and they could have prevented this if they hadn't screwed up so many times already.

Now the Elder's gonna wake up, and they're gonna be torn between two particularly nasty elders: A Prince prospect with ideals of justice and equality (His equality), and a devious madman obsessed with control.

Not to mention all the factions that are ready to jump at each other's throats as soon as the Prince steps down into Torpor...

I feel the burn already

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces