Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shirtless Businesswoman

5,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
I personally hardly see anyone really play this game for fun.

Mythical Rare

It's about all I do for any TCG I play; otherwise my deck would be Chaos Dragons or Inzektors rather than a Yusei-themed pile of cards buried under an out-of-the-game-themed pile of dust.

Distinct Genius

I don't play for fun so much as I play for recognition for the Steelswarm archetype. Steelswarm's are a deck that is both fun and competitive.
I have friends who play for fun a lot.

Sure they have some competitive decks as well, but more often then not you'll see them making up crazy rules while they play or playing with decks that are just for fun. I guess that they get tired of playing against the current metagame at tournaments.
My friends and i one made a board for a duelist of the roses style game where you throw out monsters and BS some fusions and whatnots,

Some of my magic friends decided to smash risk and magic together and use heroscape maps and figures to play out some games. it was really exciting but definately needed more testing and ideas. thinking of some way to use yugioh next time instead of magic. problem with yugioh is how un-flexible it is

Shirtless Businesswoman

5,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
Willexia Rennar
It's about all I do for any TCG I play; otherwise my deck would be Chaos Dragons or Inzektors rather than a Yusei-themed pile of cards buried under an out-of-the-game-themed pile of dust.

It is so rare to see people actually play for fun. Glad to see there are more. Because it is a game after all... that is what it is meant for.

Shirtless Businesswoman

5,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
The Shockingly Anonymous
I don't play for fun so much as I play for recognition for the Steelswarm archetype. Steelswarm's are a deck that is both fun and competitive.

I don't know. I never have fun with many arch type decks. To me they all have only one way to really play them and I don't like only having one way to play. Then again other people have different taste. I just wanted to know if anyone even plays for fun like how a game is meant to be played.

Shirtless Businesswoman

5,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
Melancholy Panda
I have friends who play for fun a lot.

Sure they have some competitive decks as well, but more often then not you'll see them making up crazy rules while they play or playing with decks that are just for fun. I guess that they get tired of playing against the current metagame at tournaments.

Metadecks do get old after awhile. Playing 5 people with the same deck gets kind of boring. Also I hate when I play someone with the same deck type as me, that is mainly why I don't run a metadeck anymore.

Shirtless Businesswoman

5,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
warlord_stuart
My friends and i one made a board for a duelist of the roses style game where you throw out monsters and BS some fusions and whatnots,

Some of my magic friends decided to smash risk and magic together and use heroscape maps and figures to play out some games. it was really exciting but definately needed more testing and ideas. thinking of some way to use yugioh next time instead of magic. problem with yugioh is how un-flexible it is

Yugioh is in a Power Creep rut. Most people play only to win, and with that Konami has taken advantage and gave people cards that beat older card or stuff of that nature. Where only x-deck can win and has the most chance of winning. Unbalancing the game completely and making it really un-fun. I don't like having to follow a list online when I make a deck, I like to be able to sit down with my collection and build a deck, duel and learn what it needs and what it doesn't. I mean I do that and it works out very well. I have some "competitive" type decks that aren't meta or even follow a arch type. It isn't anti-meta either.

But I also made a game kinda like that lol. Well not like that but I made a bored game type thing with yugioh. Still needs work. xD

Tipsy Loiterer

Nope, I play this game cause I absolutely hate it.
My younger brother does. He played Morphtronics in local tournaments for a long while and won quite a bit with them. There's also a good sized group of people at the game store around here who play for fun, too. They do exist, but most of them stay away from larger organized tournaments.

Shadowy Rogue

3,700 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
I just ordered some cards to assemble a deck based around my ideal theme; a Dark Magical Circus. The cards are based around carnival-related themes, with things like Peten the Dark Clown, Magical Marionette, Mystic Box, Magical Hats, Magic Cylinder, Jester Confit, and the like. The playstyle is all about disrupting and manipulating cards between the deck and field; very chaotic and unpredictable.

By the way, I've only ever watched the first series of shows. Are the others any good at all?

Business Guildsman

8,900 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
I stopped playing because the meta has completely taken over, and I don't enjoy losing all the time with a deck I think is fun. I like to compete, and have a good time, and Yugioh isnt providing that anymore.
I don't realy play anymore. The lack of money killed thefun... I don't like paying every time a new series comes out, just so tha i can beat the other maniacs. :/

Dangerous Lunatic

Lasting Sanity
warlord_stuart

Yugioh is in a Power Creep rut. Most people play only to win, and with that Konami has taken advantage and gave people cards that beat older card or stuff of that nature. Where only x-deck can win and has the most chance of winning. Unbalancing the game completely and making it really un-fun. I don't like having to follow a list online when I make a deck, I like to be able to sit down with my collection and build a deck, duel and learn what it needs and what it doesn't. I mean I do that and it works out very well. I have some "competitive" type decks that aren't meta or even follow a arch type. It isn't anti-meta either.

But I also made a game kinda like that lol. Well not like that but I made a bored game type thing with yugioh. Still needs work. xD
It's all about making money, and keeping the meta at bay. Every 6months, the banlist rapes any top deck, and newer ones come out, so you're paying 300-500$ each time to stay ahead in the game. Can you go in with a fun and relax deck? Yeah of course, I do it all the time, but at a Regional? Good luck with that

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff