Welcome to Gaia! ::

What's your favorite White Wolf game?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on April 3, 2005.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3 4 >

I only got to play it once *is usually a Vampire RPer but has branched out a couple times with her troupe* but I absolutely adored it o_o
Hunter all the way with Demon comeing in a close second
I love Mage. The open-endedness and originality, as well as the pure epic expanse of the setting really grab me. My second favorite would have to be Vampire, or Werewolf if it's a wyrm chronicle.

I play regularly every Sunday, mostly D&D and D20 Modern, but I'm starting up a Mortal/ Mage chronicle! biggrin

Fashionable Explorer

Heh, I guess it's probably pretty obvious that Mage is my favorite. Reading the Mage handbook actually piqued my interest in real-world philosophy and mysticism, not to mention a bit of politics and activism, so I can honestly say that I am a better informed, more involved person because of the impact of this game upon my psyche.

I'm rather apprehensive about Mage: the Awakening...I'm afraid the themes won't be the same, or that something really dreadful will happen to the system...
reality_deviant
Heh, I guess it's probably pretty obvious that Mage is my favorite. Reading the Mage handbook actually piqued my interest in real-world philosophy and mysticism, not to mention a bit of politics and activism, so I can honestly say that I am a better informed, more involved person because of the impact of this game upon my psyche.

I'm rather apprehensive about Mage: the Awakening...I'm afraid the themes won't be the same, or that something really dreadful will happen to the system...

Everyone's fear, in a way.
Some of us have real faith, though, because from what we've heard, the game is turning out to be quite ambitious, mechanically speaking. Many things will surely change and the throughly missed (No overarching Technocratic conspiracy, for one), while other may be focused in new, interesting ways (Power Corrupts!). Currently, I think the system is being playtested, and soon the Demo will be written. Oh! And there will be demo games at Origins this year, so if any of you want to check the game out, there's that chance!
I expect that White Wolf will resume their daily updates during the last week of May / first week of June, this time with much Mage Goodness. Can't wait! heart

Fashionable Explorer

No Technocracy? Total bummer! They've gotta be some of the greatest antagonists/allies the old WoD had to offer!

Origins, eh? I wonder how feasible a little road trip might be...
I've done mostly Vampire: The Masquerade and some werewolf. Did requiem like once or twice but they were just one shots. question:

Do you guys do just tabletop or do you ever LARP when you do these games?
reality_deviant
No Technocracy? Total bummer! They've gotta be some of the greatest antagonists/allies the old WoD had to offer!

Who's to say you can't have a group of really closed-minded Technomancers that just grew too much in your game?
White Wolf isn't telling you you can't do it. wink

That's the beautyf of the new World of Darkness... All the rules can be bent and broken, nothing's set in stone.

Example: In the Vampire The Requiem rulebook, they tell us that Bloodlines come from a specific clan, and that they develop a special Bloodline discipline. Yet, in the Lancea Sanctum (A Toolbox Book of everyone's favourite zealots), we're presented with a Bloodline that has members of all five clans, and a Bloodline Discipline with no Bloodline yet (It's still forming, or something like that).
well I most say: Vampire... still havnt tried neither Demon or Hunter... but Vampire and mummy is great fun... (at least I think atm)
Mage The Ascension is my favorite, then Vampire(masquerade) and lastly hunter, want to play mummy and werewolf though
reality_deviant

Actually...he said no Technocratic Conspiracy...which just means no super huge overly powerful group of technomages...everyone is on equal footing...for now
im getting ready to start out as the storyteller for a requium tale, itll be set in anceint rome
^_^ I like Vamipre, Ravenos are my fav type. I like it almost as much as D&D, but sadly, I can't get a group together in my new town to play... crying
You forgot Changeling which is my favorite, and Wraith..
awwww... I loved to play. I wish I could play again. i need a new party...

My favs are, in this order:
- Mage
- Vampire
- werewolf

I was always curious about Hunter and Changeling...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff